RCL Stock

heidikay

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I know most if not all who bought bought for the obc. 

Stocks are my thing, I've done stocks for 50 years. My posts when I called a sell were based on the charts. It was just for those who might be interested in making a little extra money. It is rare that you see a chart saying sell sell sell like it did last week hitting its highs. Today broke support and went lower. I dont know how it will act when earnings come out on the 27th. Ccl sold off when their debt was emphasized  .. I'm just watching it trade and the charts. Most people seem unable to think of rcl without emotion. ..just as another stock. 

Me I'll be watching to buy back and another entry. My posts are just about the charts. I'm for making extra money. I actually rarely buy and sell, but sometimes it's just so obvious. Of course I'm watching all my portfolio, but rcl was sticking out last week, hard not to post what I was seeing and hoping a few might benefit besides me. Stocks are how I support myself. It's not even a major position for me. Just was suddenly of interest chart wise. 

Well, the market has improved a bit in the last couple of months so all our stocks are doing well.  Outside of the funds we're invested in, we have individual stocks in several companies-Alphabet (Google), Amazon,Pfizer, John Deere, GE, GE Healthcare, RCL, and a few others.  We are in the current position (I'm retired and DH is retiring this Dec) that we are pulling profits and moving them into more stable cash and CD's. Anyway, point is, RCL was never a stock we would have normally bought.  It can and has been pretty volatile.  I can't think of another stock that we own that took such a big hit, although we knew it would recover.

For those who are passionate about stocks like me, still watching. It barely held 98 yesterday and bounced. Even a novice at chart reading can clearly see the direction of rcl. Charts dont predict long term, just short term. Even yahoo says chart is bearish short term. Someone above said short term side ways, which isnt what the chart says.  I'm just here because of the obc, but doesnt mean I need to hold it while it sells off. Hopefully will settle down after earnings. I'll be gone all next week and give you all a break. ..  clear direction today on rcl. It's still looking for a new support level. Hasnt found it yet.

20230714_132539098.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 9:47 AM, topnole said:

If you cruise enough it can make it worth it.  But owning 5 figures in stock to get $100 obc here and there isn’t a great strategy.   Basically the obc is like a tax free dividend.  You have to determine how much downside risk to assume to want that dividend.  I’d rather be in a growth stock and not in a company that is losing money and loaded to their ears in debt.  But we all have our own preference and financial strategies.  To me royal is not a good long term buy relative to other companies and if you buy it for obc, you need to be a long term buyer. 

I look at the first 100 shares bought at $19.50 as cruise OBC. We have already gotten back out initial 100 share purchase in cruise OBC with the 20+ sailings. The credit we receive for our future RCL cruises is just free money. I don't know of another investment that I enjoy so much which rewards me at least 5% ROI for each cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

I look at the first 100 shares bought at $19.50 as cruise OBC. We have already gotten back out initial 100 share purchase in cruise OBC with the 20+ sailings. The credit we receive for our future RCL cruises is just free money. I don't know of another investment that I enjoy so much which rewards me at least 5% ROI for each cruise.

Fortunately, many of us were able to purchase OBC stock far from the 5 figure amount mentioned by topnole.  I was able to purchase 100 shares for less then $2,200 in March 2020,  I am enjoying cruising with free money on each cruise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Fortunately, many of us were able to purchase OBC stock far from the 5 figure amount mentioned by topnole.  I was able to purchase 100 shares for less than $2,200 in March 2020,  I am enjoying cruising with free money on each cruise.

Of course if you bought it then you are making out great.  However, at the time it was unknown if Royal would even survive or if cruising would fundamentally change forever and/or cease to exist for the mass market.  Luckily things got back to mostly normal.   But there was certainly a lot of risk involved, and that is why you now enjoy the reward (as it should be).  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, topnole said:

Of course if you bought it then you are making out great.  However, at the time it was unknown if Royal would even survive or if cruising would fundamentally change forever and/or cease to exist for the mass market.  Luckily things got back to mostly normal.   But there was certainly a lot of risk involved, and that is why you now enjoy the reward (as it should be).  

I agree.  It was a roll of the dice.

Paid $25 for 100 shares during the pandemic. Just sold all of my shares at $102! Used the OBC 3 times but rather get out now and take the money. We only cruise 1-2 times a year so not worth holding on to it. Never told my husband I purchased this stock until today when I sold it. He was amazed I made money!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, md3145 said:

Paid $25 for 100 shares during the pandemic. Just sold all of my shares at $102! Used the OBC 3 times but rather get out now and take the money. We only cruise 1-2 times a year so not worth holding on to it. Never told my husband I purchased this stock until today when I sold it. He was amazed I made money!

Good for you nothing wrong in taken a nice profit.

1 hour ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

Earnings report in 6 days. I'm hoping we might see some strong numbers come out which might drive the price up even higher. The stock is up 42% since the last earnings report, and revenue and EPS is up since last year.

Maybe I'll hang on until the call and then sell off my excess then...

EPS?  They haven't posted a quarterly profit since 2019.  Might actually see a small one next week though.  Just don't get caught up in the hype over stronger bookings and "adjusted" earnings that exclude unpleasant items like interest expense.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

EPS?  They haven't posted a quarterly profit since 2019.  Might actually see a small one next week though.  Just don't get caught up in the hype over stronger bookings and "adjusted" earnings that exclude unpleasant items like interest expense.

I'm travelling but still watching. I saw zachs earnings projection ... I dont see anything about all the debt they are servicing or that they lost money. ... deceptive. .. I agree with you. I want to see a profit, not a loss. Or they say when they will turn a profit. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/royal-caribbean-rcl-gains-market-214519932.html

20230721_190531327.jpeg

Looks like rcl is in a trading range to me, waiting for thursday earnings. I expect them to blow earnings out of the water, but will it be enough to sustain these lofty price levels?

I went short before close yesterday. I admit iffy with earnings thursday. Been watching and might as well make some $$$ while I watch it trade. Big push higher right before close yesterday but hard to hold. Back from my vacation so watching closely again. 

Covered my short for $3 x 1000. $3000 will pay for a leg of cruising. Took the easy money, 102.87 to 99.87 this morning.

Powell is speaking in the next hour and historically tanks the market plus earnings tomorrow. Why risk how rcl stock will react. Last time it went to 97 and bounced but earnings could disrupt the channel. Nice swing trade while it stayed in a predictable pattern. Higher rates and higher oil not a positive for rcl long term. Yes I know they hedge oil. 

Cant wait for tomorrow's earnings. 

On 7/14/2023 at 9:13 PM, frank808 said:

You and me on that!   I don't even pay attention to what the current stock price is on the RCI stock we bought years ago.  We, like you, have pulled so much OBC...that we have considered our investment paid.  😉 

• Like 1

Ok not too many seem to be interested in stocks. I'm a addict. I started with my dad as a kid. So after 50 years of stocks, and it's how I make money so was sharing some trading ideas. When I'd sell and when I'd buy. Documented, as later who knows, thought it important to document times and dates. 

I'd sold my shares I hold just to hold for obc, so was watching it trade and couldnt resist. I have a spidey sense for trading, but of course I look at the charts too before I jump in. Still looking for my re entry to buy back my shares to hold for obc. 

I think Powell speaking is absolutely fascinating lol. More dovish than I expected. Stocks are my passion. We can go bsck to the regular posts here. Just thought I'd throw it out there how easy to swing trade. I love stocks. 

• Like 2

Pretty solid earnings report.  Loads and yields trending higher.  Encouraging cash flow.  One line that struck me was how favorable timing on expenses was offset by higher stock based compensation.  So those skinnier menus and loss of half an half are offset by fatter execs wallets.

• Like 1

When I bought in, my thought was hey, should make enough for a "free" cruise.  Made enough to cover multiple cruises and also used the OBC offer 3 times.  Big win, and really a No Brainer investment in 2020 and again when it dropped to the 30s last summer too.

• Like 2