RCL Stock

heidikay

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

While Royal will certainly welcome existing cruisers on the short cruisers their main intention with Wonder and Utopia is to go after the new to cruise business which is a huge market.  

For existing cruisers it may not appeal but it has a lot of appeal to those  who have never cruised.  It is not as big of an investment in both time and money to try a new type of vacation that they may be hesitant about trying.

It's all about offering up a brand new product that will draw in new guests to try cruising and then hopefully get them back on board for the longer cruises.  

Short vacations, whether it's a weekend to Vegas, Disney, a beach or another city is a huge market that Royal is now going after with some of the best ships they have.

I'm just curious. Any idea how crew likes short cruises on mega ships? I would think turning over an O or I class ship twice a week instead of once would be a bit of a pain. Also, bartenders seem to enjoy connecting and bantering with guests. I would think connections would be hard to form on a short cruise with a mega ship.🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I were going to do a 4+3 to make a week then I'd probably just do a 7 out of Bayonne as the itineraries for all of those sailings are fairly poor at best.

I've got a 3/4 days on Utopia and the best thing about this sail is 2x on Coco Cay.😊  In addition as D+ and 340 points I get 2x BOGO, 4 days of internet and extra bottles of wines.😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm just curious. Any idea how crew likes short cruises on mega ships? I would think turning over an O or I class ship twice a week instead of once would be a bit of a pain. Also, bar tenders seem to enjoy connecting and bantering with guests. I would think connections would be hard to form on a short cruise with a mega ship.🤔

No idea. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm just curious. Any idea how crew likes short cruises on mega ships? I would think turning over an O or I class ship twice a week instead of once would be a bit of a pain. Also, bar tenders seem to enjoy connecting and bantering with guests. I would think connections would be hard to form on a short cruise with a mega ship.🤔

I don't think they would care as they see tons of different faces and personalities--here one day and gone the next.

3 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I don't think they would care as they see tons of different faces and personalities--here one day and gone the next.

You may be right. Though one of my most amazing cruises was Allure at 50% capacity. Bartenders, some anyway, were happy to be truly practicing their craft. A bartender with time is so different than one who has a load of thirsty people who want their drink now.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You may be right. Though one of my most amazing cruises was Allure at 50% capacity. Bartenders, some anyway, were happy to be truly practicing their craft. A bartender with time is so different than one who has a load of thirsty people who want their drink now.

I was on Allure and Oasis at 40-50% capacity and best service in the MDR.  Those were very unusual days to cruise and always remember capacity of only 9 at the time in the pools due to social distancing, but as usual human nature as it is. they gravitated towards each other, and lifeguards were silent.  Also, saw in early morning by the pool decks as staff with a six-foot pole measuring 6 ft distance for loungers.  Now we know the true reason how they came up with the 6 ft distance.😁

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I were going to do a 4+3 to make a week then I'd probably just do a 7 out of Bayonne as the itineraries for all of those sailings are fairly poor at best.

Just booked a 7 nighter from Bayonne on Symphony.  Also 14 nights on Odyssey from Rome to Bayonne.  Plus 12 nights on Vision from Baltimore.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, island lady said:

Had never been on Allure before.  Wanted to see Mamma Mia while we still could.  

Have never been on Allure, but I've seen Mama Mia on Quantum (long version with intermission).

Looking to book Allure to take it to it's surgery (aka AMP) appointment (MIA to BCN TA).

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm just curious. Any idea how crew likes short cruises on mega ships? I would think turning over an O or I class ship twice a week instead of once would be a bit of a pain. Also, bartenders seem to enjoy connecting and bantering with guests. I would think connections would be hard to form on a short cruise with a mega ship.🤔

IMHO...they don't.  😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Also just booked 7 nights on Symphony this fall.  Absolutely awful itinerary but great price and drive to port.  Wish they would skip PC and Nassau, add a couple of days and stretch the sailing further south.

Last year I took an Anthem 8 nite which included a stop I’m Miami.  Took a similar 8 niter in February but no stop in Miami, however, got to PC in am rather than noon or 1 pm. 

Have an 11 niter in Odyssey in January’26 and it does Southern Caribbean. 

2 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Also just booked 7 nights on Symphony this fall.  Absolutely awful itinerary but great price and drive to port.  Wish they would skip PC and Nassau, add a couple of days and stretch the sailing further south.

Also booked a 7 nighter on Symphony ... in Sept.  $105pppd for a CP balcony.

I agree with moving to a longer itinerary.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Have an 11 niter in Odyssey in January’26 and it does Southern Caribbean. 

Had an 11 night Odyssey sailing on hold for Jan. '25 but released it.

Doing a 14 night TA on Odyssey this fall and booked a 12 night Southern Caribbean on Vision a few weeks later.

"

Chairman Richard Fain sold $3m worth of Royal Caribbean Group shares.

A total of 19,584 shares were sold in a series of trades June 13 at a weighted average price of $153.96.

Still directly holds 179,117 shares

Fain still directly holds 179,117 RCL shares, while 661,241 shares are indirectly held in trusts for the benefit of certain family members.

The stock closed at $155.28 June 13 and at $148.50 June 14."

Richard Fain sells $3m in Royal Caribbean shares (seatrade-cruise.com)

• Thanks 1

CNBC today been nattering on about how travel slowing, especially europe and showing the percentage each cruise line has in europe. CCL by far had the largest exposure, at least double the exposure RCL has. Like 14%  vs 34%. CCL has P &O and a lot more ships calling on europe. 

They were talking about flying and hotels, and said flights next year are actually lower than this year. Not because of fewer flying but capacity next year more seats available. Like rcl adding more ships with more berths type of reason. Not because fewer flying.