RCL Stock

heidikay

Earnings appear excellent.  Even Jason Liberty called them WOW in earnings announcement.  Net yields up from 1.02 to 1.07, turned a profit in seasonally weak quarter and raised full year guidance.  Interest expense down from $400MM/qtr to around $300MM.  LTD balance continues to shrink and $1B+ in debt refinanced from 11% to 6%.  Bookings and net yields strong.  Capacity will increase 8% this year.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2024 at 10:39 AM, Engineroom Snipe said:

@firefly333

Starting to see definite price weakness this September out of Bayonne. September 8, 7 day cruise is going for half the price of its all time high since it was listed after discounts. Was as high as $1,200 per person including tax and is now about $670 (interior, I was able to select the room and it was a virtual balcony on the 8th deck forward) today.

Not as low as the first year post Covid but not able to sustain the 250% increases I have seen over the past 14 months.

Long term cruisers are still booking immediately but they are not filling in the last 30% of cabins in the shoulder season. RCI did not have any shoulder seasons in 2023 and looks strong until the end of summer this year. The Fall is starting to look more traditional with reduced prices.

I think this will definitely affect stock growth as opposed to the recent gains.

I've also noticed a little softness in pricing for extra in the cruise planner.  Things like the Cococay beach club and the water park, while not down to where they were just post covid, have definitely settled lower.

• Like 2

The stock closed at $140.59, up $3.12 a share today.  Loving all those shares I purchased in 2020 as the priced dropped due to ships not being allowed to sail.  At least I can say something good came from the pandemic. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The stock closed at $140.59, up $3.12 a share today.  Loving all those shares I purchased in 2020 as the priced dropped due to ships not being allowed to sail.  At least I can say something good came from the pandemic. 

Some people truly benefited from the Pandemic, i.e. Big Pharma, PPE suppliers (masks, sanitizer, germ killers) not to mention toilet paper and paper towel makers. Some really gauged people who were vulnerable.

But buying stock at lower prices benefited not only the stockholder but helped get Royal get back on its feet. You did very well for yourself and in a good way. Congrats!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Some people truly benefited from the Pandemic, i.e. Big Pharma, PPE suppliers (masks, sanitizer, germ killers) not to mention toilet paper and paper towel makers. Some really gauged people who were vulnerable.

But buying stock at lower prices benefited not only the stockholder but helped get Royal get back on its feet. You did very well for yourself and in a good way. Congrats!

The only way the rise in the stock price benefited Royal is if they sold some of their stock that they held back.

As far as the stockholder unless he sold, it’s a gain on paper and nothing else.

37 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

The only way the rise in the stock price benefited Royal is if they sold some of their stock that they held back.

As far as the stockholder unless he sold, it’s a gain on paper and nothing else.

I dont remember aboutnrcl but I know ccl issued secondaries, more stock and vastly diluted the outstanding shares. Maybe rcl didnt issue secondaries to raise cash to stay alive. Of course the officers benefitted as they get stock options.

Interesting discussion without hyperbole.

So many data points to analyze and make calculations upon with no crystal ball to look into the future.

Royal is still afloat in the sea and I will not complain about it. I am not blindly loyal to Royal but I enjoy cruising with them when I do.

Thank you to all who buy their stock. I hope you get reasonable returns.

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Interesting discussion without hyperbole.

So many data points to analyze and make calculations upon with no crystal ball to look into the future.

Royal is still afloat in the sea and I will not complain about it. I am not blindly loyal to Royal but I enjoy cruising with them when I do.

Thank you to all who buy their stock. I hope you get reasonable returns.

Don’t think we are getting any returns (aka dividends) but I have 100+ of both CCL and RCL and RCL is worth about 7 times more than CCL and CCL was more expensive when I purchased them.  Since they don’t have FlowRiders, I have only gained a few hundred dollars on shareholder benefits, and overall, CCL has been a complete bust as an investment.  😂  And as a cruise line for us!

JC

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Don’t think we are getting any returns (aka dividends)

Paying of dividends is restricted till RCG pays back the loans they took out during COVID. 

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Paying of dividends is restricted till RCG pays back the loans they took out during COVID. 

Of course, just saying the only current returns are OBC and share pricing.  Just less definitively.😂

jc

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Today from what I heard virgin has a IPO, expected in the $42 range. Newly come public. I was laying in bed at the time I heard it was coming today so not sure I got the initial pricing correct, but interesting. 

Viking (VIK) is slated to go public on May 1st trading from $21 and $25 per share. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 6:03 PM, firefly333 said:

I dont remember aboutnrcl but I know ccl issued secondaries, more stock and vastly diluted the outstanding shares. Maybe rcl didnt issue secondaries to raise cash to stay alive. Of course the officers benefitted as they get stock options.

in 2019 RCL had 205 million shares outstanding.  Now 256 million.  All were likely issued at prices well below 2019 or current level causing dilution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I’m not actively trading cruise stock at this time so I’m out of the loop, but this came across my desk. Thought some of you may find it interesting to note. 

4369281F-A2F5-41BC-B031-222234E8C3BB.jpeg

insider trading of RCL the last year- 

31EDD8A1-BB6B-4F2F-A0B0-8B6B9E681FFD.jpeg

74CC1817-5A47-4736-B8A0-BF4919125CD8.jpeg

If upper management is unloading stock, that should tell you volumes on how they see the future playing out.

1 hour ago, jerryg95 said:

Or they want to buy a house, car, need cash or want to diversify. 

Sure- but the fact that not one has invested should raise an eyebrow (besides poor Maritza who missed the memo and invested his measly 100k).

One never can tell what investor trading means, but I do pay attention to patterns. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jerryg95 said:

Or they want to buy a house, car, need cash or want to diversify. 

If you check their total compensation for 2023 (public company, public record), I think you can eliminate the first three. Upper executives were well in the millions, with the CEOs total about $17,000,000, up from a measly 10.700,000 the previous year. Any other guesses?

6 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

If you check their total compensation for 2023 (public company, public record), I think you can eliminate the first three. Upper executives were well in the millions, with the CEOs total about $17,000,000, up from a measly 10.700,000 the previous year. Any other guesses?

Yet folks who post on these boards justify every cutback by RCI because of the shutdown and debt while management takes care of itself.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yet folks who post on these boards justify every cutback by RCI because of the shutdown and debt while management takes care of itself.

I hear you.

Maybe the increase is their portion of the tip pooling.😉😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jason Liberty sold 50,000 shares RCL stock which was approximately $6.98 million, with a weighted-average price of $139.63 per share.

Following this sale, Liberty's direct ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is 153,017 shares. So I'm not worried he's cashing out and sailing into the sunset. No other executive / director followed.  He could have myriad reasons to have taken out 6.98M. Graduation present? Gift to a family member? Who the frig knows. He does have a substantial number of shares left. I don't see this sale as an indication that the sky is falling - not for now at least. 

I'm staying in especially when the average future target price (according to analysts) is $151 with a high estimate of $174.

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

maybe that comp is enough for the house you want but what if he wants a $40m house and only has $20m liquid. 

what if he’s want to buy virgin or Viking stock to diversify. What if he wants to rent a private mega yacht for a few months so he doesn’t have to wait in line at the Windjammer?