Dining room

sassafrass

What the other poster said. NCL is freestyle mostly. So you are free to wear jeans to the dining room. Casual is fine. However, some specialty restaurant like Le Bistro require a little more than casual after the 1st day. On the first day, you may wear shorts. 

38 minutes ago, sassafrass said:

So we have always cruised carnival. First time with  Norweign.  Is the dining room casual? Semi casual? We never wore jeans on carnival but not dresses and suits every night either. 

Shorts are allowed in all restaurants for all meals except the Grand Pacific MDR and Le Bistro specialty restaurants. The Grand Pacific and Bistro request that gents wear long pants (jeans or dockers are fine) for dinner. 

NCL embraces “dress up or not”. Dress as you feel comfortable but you will never be under dressed. 

To my experience, it’s really up to the employees at the front. I’ve been turned away by the Le Bistro staff because I was wearing jeans and a tshirt without collar. Yet I’ve seen in another cruise that people are eating in Le Bistro in shorts and flip flops. I’ve got into Manhattan Room in shorts without issues. To be safe, wear long jeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess what's important is that if you adhere to what is required you won't be denied.  The more formal dining room requires Long pants and a collared shirt while the less formal dining rooms do not require the more formal apparel.  

The le Bistro also asks that you wear the more formal casual of long pants and collared shirts for men.  Women are welcome to wear capris, long pants, skirts with a nice top. You may be lucky enough to be seated if you choose to wear something less formal but it's not guaranteed. 

16 hours ago, Comi.uy said:

Usually they are pretty cold due to the AC so I wouldnt go with shorts either way. Jeans are usually the best idea.

Unless you're prone to felling chilly, I would not worry about wearing shorts to the dining room.  I do it all the time on warm weather itineraries.