Carnival Modifies Cancellation Policy

CCLcruiser91

4 minutes ago, idraconis said:

Just waiting for the e-mail. I'm booked on the Pride sailing May 17. I'll gladly take $200 OBC. The only reason I wouldn't go on this cruise is if Carnival cancels. 

I am in the same position.  Waiting with as much patience as I can muster for an e-mail regarding our March 29 Freedom cruise.

Not surprised that my call to my PVP went to voice mail.  The poor Carnival employees must be inundated.

• Like 1

Really, really regretting not booking the Spring Break cruise now.  Between the price dropping like a rock and having $300 obc per room, it would be our cheapest cruise vacation BY FAR.  And now flights are dropping like a rock.  SMH.

2 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

Really, really regretting not booking the Spring Break cruise now.  Between the price dropping like a rock and having $300 obc per room, it would be our cheapest cruise vacation BY FAR.  And now flights are dropping like a rock.  SMH.

you could still book.

14 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I am in the same position.  Waiting with as much patience as I can muster for an e-mail regarding our March 29 Freedom cruise.

Not surprised that my call to my PVP went to voice mail.  The poor Carnival employees must be inundated.

Yup, let me know if you cannot get thru later today....I might be able to help.  

9 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

Might be some great deals to be had....

55 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

Right? 
This is where I am.  Also hoping for a chance to upgrade.  

Exactly!!  Hubs and I discussed, we are NOT cancelling.  If for some reason we cannot port, then we have glorious, uninterrupted sea days.  He takes a couple meds, so we'll take extra with us just in case anything else happens. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

This will be interesting. 

Yes it will. Booked on the 5/21 sailing and been on the fence. Not so much worried about the virus as much as quarantine. Definitely going to reSchedule now but waiting to see what they offer. 

56 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

It is not, we have received a letter for us to share with our clients (we are ta’s).  It covers everyone, trust me.  

Thank you so much for taking the time to confirm.

17 minutes ago, KeithsKelly said:

Exactly!!  Hubs and I discussed, we are NOT cancelling.  If for some reason we cannot port, then we have glorious, uninterrupted sea days.  He takes a couple meds, so we'll take extra with us just in case anything else happens. 

I'm not cancelling either, however, If the ship is quarantined you may not be allowed out of your room. My sailing is not until July but I did upgrade to a balcony just in case. 

• Like 1

We have a B2B in May. So if this is true (we have not received an email yet) we will get $400! 

I am glad that people are paying attention to not spreading germs but it does seem like there is a lot of panic over this virus that seems to be much like the flu. Lots more people have the flu and have died of the flu and we are not panicking about that. 

The cruise lines are always very careful about the spread of illness. We have been on 2 cruises where a bunch of people got sick, but we were fine. I am a paranoid hand washer and I stop at every sanitizing station.

We can't wait for our cruise!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

We literally booked our spring break cruise last week, but the rate we have doesn't allow for OBC. Sucks! And we use a cheap airline (Spirit) so no way to get any credits on flights either lol. Ohhh well.

5 minutes ago, mbarker10 said:

We literally booked our spring break cruise last week, but the rate we have doesn't allow for OBC. Sucks! And we use a cheap airline (Spirit) so no way to get any credits on flights either lol. Ohhh well.

I am pretty sure you qualify for the OBC here.  As long as you aren't cancelling it should be available to you.  I don't think this type of OBC is rate specific.

6 minutes ago, mbarker10 said:

What do you mean doesn't allow obc? If you sail, you should get it.

1 minute ago, cmukid87 said:

I am pretty sure you qualify for the OBC here.  As long as you aren't cancelling it should be available to you.  I don't think this type of OBC is rate specific.

I apologize, I wasn't clear. I do get the $200 that they're offering now, but I don't get any OBC for the rate drops.