Royal Princess Update

Cannavaro

2 minutes ago, Mackenzie1 said:

This is all so upsetting. Without more, I think it was very unfair to cancel this cruise for no seemingly justifiable reason. 

Obviously there was a justifiable reason. We just don't know what it was. Princess is not in the business of canceling cruises for no reason.

Relax!

Edited by frugaltravel
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, ChiCruiser758 said:

We had heard the the crew member in question was healthy. It's still a mystery why the cruise was cancelled.

I heard the crew member is healthy no symptoms but still waiting on official test results.  Better safe than sorry.  Princess does need a third ship with infected passengers or crew to quarantine.

1 minute ago, frugaltravel said:

Obviously there was a justifiable reason. We just don't know what it was. Princess is not in the business of canceling cruises for no reason.

Relax!

Thanks, but I’m not thinking that Princess cancelled the cruise. My fear is that others outside of the Princess caused the cruise to be cancelled.

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I heard the crew member is healthy no symptoms but still waiting on official test results.  Better safe than sorry.  Princess does need a third ship with infected passengers or crew to quarantine.

Please proofread your posts😀. I hope you meant "Princess does NOT need a third ship..."

1 minute ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Thanks, but I’m not thinking that Princess cancelled the cruise. My fear is that others outside of the Princess caused the cruise to be cancelled.

That might be true from a post on the roll call but my advice is the same. And my statement is the same - Princess wouldn't cancel a cruise without a justifiable reason. Being forced to cancel from other authorities is a justifiable reason 😀.

Edited by frugaltravel
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, frugaltravel said:

That might be true from a post on the roll call but my advice is the same 😀

Thanks. I haven’t read the roll call. I’m just thinking back to how the decision was made at the drop of a hat to stop all cruises to Cuba. I’m just worried our government has quietly made some type of decision like that. I’m on the Crown Princess T/A to Rome embarking this March 26, and all of this has me so worried. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

Please proofread your posts😀. I hope you meant "Princess does NOT need a third ship..."

Sorry for my typo.   I too think the feds may have told them or strongly suggested to cancel.  There are b2b passengers and crew that may test negative today and test positive tomorrow.  

8 minutes ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Thanks. I haven’t read the roll call. I’m just thinking back to how the decision was made at the drop of a hat to stop all cruises to Cuba. I’m just worried our government has quietly made some type of decision like that. I’m on the Crown Princess T/A to Rome embarking this March 26, and all of this has me so worried. 

Many people worry about a lot of things. Fortunately i refuse to worry about or stress over things I can't control. Hopefully your cruise will have a good outcome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mackenzie1 said:

ha I’m due to go on the ruby in a few hours and embarkation has been delayed five hours. I’m super worried 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cannavaro said:

still no reason on officially why they couldnt get the 'necessary clearance'

Thanks for this update!  I'm sorry for the passengers waiting to embark and all the hassle with the travel plan changes...and and am also going "hmmmm" about not getting the "necessary clearance."  

4 minutes ago, RecliningPanda said:

ha I’m due to go on the ruby in a few hours and embarkation has been delayed five hours. I’m super worried 

I hope so much things go well for your cruise. Please keep us updated on how things are going for you. 

8 minutes ago, RecliningPanda said:

Please keep us updated. Fingers crossed.

37 minutes ago, Mackenzie1 said:

This is all so upsetting. Without more, I think it was very unfair to cancel this cruise for no seemingly justifiable reason. 

There was a very good reason, we just don't know the reason. It is extremely rare that an entire cruise is cancelled let alone on embarkation day.

I really feel bad for everyone. 

• Like 2

Just received a email from Princess reason for the sailing Cancellation was a Grand crew member transferred to Royal 2 weeks ago. Crew member is NOT showing any symptoms. Princess was cleared to sail yesterday but today they where asked to test the crew member which could not be completed In time so a no sail order was issued. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wl2cruise said:

Just received a email from Princess reason for the sailing Cancellation was a Grand crew member transferred to Royal 2 weeks ago. Crew member is NOT showing any symptoms. Princess was cleared to sail yesterday but today they where asked to test the crew member which could not be completed In time so a no sail order was issued. 

I am glad they are doing testing instead of just assuming the crew member did not have the virus.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruiserchuck said:

I am glad they are doing testing instead of just assuming the crew member did not have the virus.

Except testing this person just once will not really rule out much.  Obviously, if he tests positive, he needs to be isolated.  If he tests negative, he could still be infected, but early in the course of infection.  So I have no idea what the plan is.