NCLH Stock Price

Hrhbob

7 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

wow.. so the market is pricing in the possibility of bankruptcy protection.

Possible. If NCL shuts down for 2 months like Princess announced today they might rather file for bankruptcy. So don't touch any stocks today unless you want to get burned. There will come a time to buy but it's not today. And remember tomorrow is Friday the 13th.. That actually means nothing for anyone 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mnsweeps said:

Possible. If NCL shuts down for 2 months like Princess announced today they might rather file for bankruptcy. So don't touch any stocks today unless you want to get burned. There will come a time to buy but it's not today. And remember tomorrow is Friday the 13th.. That actually means nothing for anyone 🙂 

The time to buy is when it's so bad you can't stomach the thought of it.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trimone said:

If NCL did chapter 11, it would kill their customer base, just imagine all the cruise next vouchers, peoples cancellations credit, and let’s not forget the existing shareholders who have treated NCL like their own. Latitudes would be forgotten, with bankruptcy you have no preferences, you can’t just keep the good bits...

not true, bk offers grand protections for the company, but basically zero protection for shareholders.  All the airlines declared bk multiple times, people still fly, people still receive miles, etc..   

• Like 2

Wait!
Wait!

Wait!
RCL is a dividend stock. Might be a better purchase. RCL has a very loyal customer base!
I own Costco stock because of their customer loyalty but I’m a member of BJ’s wholesale  club.
I’m hoping that NCL rebounds as stock owner. Please don’t go bankrupt.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Trimone said:

If NCL did chapter 11, it would kill their customer base, just imagine all the cruise next vouchers, peoples cancellations credit, and let’s not forget the existing shareholders who have treated NCL like their own. Latitudes would be forgotten, with bankruptcy you have no preferences, you can’t just keep the good bits...

Bankruptcy can have the effect of NCL going away, no longer existing. Yes, forget about your points, FCC, etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Da-Painter said:

Bankruptcy can have the effect of NCL going away, no longer existing. Yes, forget about your points, FCC, etc.

NCL will continue to exist.  It makes no financial sense for them or the banks they owe to disappear in to the sunset.  That's not how something this big works.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cementhands said:

Wait!
Wait!

Wait!
RCL is a dividend stock. Might be a better purchase. RCL has a very loyal customer base!
I own Costco stock because of their customer loyalty but I’m a member of BJ’s wholesale  club.
I’m hoping that NCL rebounds as stock owner. Please don’t go bankrupt.

Dividends can be cut at any time. Many companies have a very loyal customer base, as NCL does, but that alone will not keep a company from going bankrupt. 

Prayers and thoughts work as well in the stock market, as it does for the gun shootings. If it works for you, more power to you. I suggest another option.

• Like 3

Some politicians are already pushing forward on a bailout. Many jobs in Florida might be affected.

Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) said she expects that the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, which she serves on, will put together some sort of bailout package for the cruise lines and other parts of the travel industry.

“They’re losing money hand over fist,” Wilson told POLITICO. “So we’ll be trying to find out how we can help. I’m sure they have tons of suggestions.“.

A government bailout is a possibility however many other politicians  are against it.

24 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

NCL will continue to exist.  It makes no financial sense for them or the banks they owe to disappear in to the sunset.  That's not how something this big works.

Did you ever hear of Countrywide Mortgage, Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers, WorldCom, Enron, Sears, Toys R Us, Blockbuster, Pier 1, Continental Airlines, General Motors - all the stock and bond owners got wiped out. GM came out later and again, reissued stock, but all the prior owners got wiped out. Yes, it does happen, and will continue to happen.

Will it happen with the cruise lines, we will see, maybe real soon.  There have been other cruise lines out there over the decades, who are not longer operating. 

A bear market can drag on for a year to two, we have only been falling for 3 weeks, I don't think we have hit a bottom yet. When the public comes in and start selling, prices will always go lower then they should. Investors have been told not to sell, but to hold on...."You are in for the long term".....most folks will sell out at the bottom, this is how it plays out. I have seen this scenario play out many times before. Good luck.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Da-Painter said:

Did you ever hear of Countrywide Mortgage, Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers, WorldCom, Enron, Sears, Toys R Us, Blockbuster, Pier 1, Continental Airlines, General Motors - all the stock and bond owners got wiped out. GM came out later and again, reissued stock, but all the prior owners got wiped out. Yes, it does happen, and will continue to happen.

Will it happen with the cruise lines, we will see, maybe real soon.  There have been other cruise lines out there over the decades, who are not longer operating. 

A bear market can drag on for a year to two, we have only been falling for 3 weeks, I don't think we have hit a bottom yet. When the public comes in and start selling, prices will always go lower then they should. Investors have been told not to sell, but to hold on...."You are in for the long term".....most folks will sell out at the bottom, this is how it plays out. I have seen this scenario play out many times before. Good luck.

Good post.  I think my comments were probably skewed with me, at the moment, being a disappointed stock holder and longtime customer.

• Like 1

agree @da-painter, the bottoms have still not been hit. Look at the DOW chart and how it has exponentially grown in past 6 - 7 years.. There is no way to sustain that....I won't touch the stock for next few weeks.

2 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Good post.  I think my comments were probably skewed with me, at the moment, being a disappointed stock holder and longtime customer.

We have been cruising with NCL since 2002, we just bought 4 more FCC's on olur cruise last October, we have a cruise booked for August 2021, we enjoy NCL. We are wondering what to do about a Galapagos Islands cruise that starts a month from now. I do not wish to see them, or anyone go bankrupt, this virus issue has changed the whole world recently. None of us know how its going to play out, it going day by day right now. All stocks are getting hammered, and these financial fallouts hurt a lot of people, for  a long time. 

Best wishes & health to all.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Da-Painter said:

As a former stockbroker, I remember when Continental was 17 cents a share. A few yrs ago I bought American under $5.00 and a lot of it. Assumed some restructuring would happen and it did. I did very well, but when a stock is that low, I look at it like gambling money only.

Will watch this one, and if it keeps tanking, I may make another Vegas move 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrulyBlonde said:

As a former stockbroker, I remember when Continental was 17 cents a share. A few yrs ago I bought American under $5.00 and a lot of it. Assumed some restructuring would happen and it did. I did very well, but when a stock is that low, I look at it like gambling money only.

EXACTLY! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Good to hear it.

Watching OXY, I played this one decades ago at 10. Put many customers into it, made great money on it over the years. More interested in this then NCL. I think OXY will be around forever, but there will be lots of great stocks to buy cheap in the future.

10 minutes ago, Da-Painter said:

Good to hear it.

Watching OXY, I played this one decades ago at 10. Put many customers into it, made great money on it over the years. More interested in this then NCL. I think OXY will be around forever, but there will be lots of great stocks to buy cheap in the future.

OXY div yld right now is great for fixed income too. I bought a lot of COP this week. Own it from prior purchase in 30's and bought more when got back to the number this week. Will look at OXY.