Jim_Iain – East meets West Equinox Caribbean – B2B2B -March 14 to April 4

Jim_Iain

On 4/10/2020 at 1:46 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for your kind words.   I haven't been posting much here on CC as all of the posts are either B&M the sky's falling and I find them very discouraging. 

We still haven't heard anything from Celebrity on FCC''s but if they don't arrive shortly will probably be calling in. In addition to the Caribbean Cruise our Alaska April 30 Cruise was also cancelled.   These cancellations have really left a hole in my heart as I have placed all our planning on hold until things settle down.

Our next planned cruise is a November B2B2B2B SE Asia, Australia and New Zealand.   We are pretty much on hold for the next 6 months until we hear any updates.  

Jim & Ian  -- 

I just found your thread... 

It would have been fun following along....

Our Celebrity Eclipse 03/15/20 - Santiago (San Antonio), Chile to Dan Diego, CA cruise was cancelled 03/14 - the night b/4 we had received notification we were still cruising - as this was not a cruise out of the US...

I have limited time on  CC these days & understand the moan & groan concern...

Have you taken a look at this thread - a little light-hearted fun...

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2020 at 5:46 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for your kind words.   I haven't been posting much here on CC as all of the posts are either B&M the sky's falling and I find them very discouraging. 

We still haven't heard anything from Celebrity on FCC''s but if they don't arrive shortly will probably be calling in. In addition to the Caribbean Cruise our Alaska April 30 Cruise was also cancelled.   These cancellations have really left a hole in my heart as I have placed all our planning on hold until things settle down.

Our next planned cruise is a November B2B2B2B SE Asia, Australia and New Zealand.   We are pretty much on hold for the next 6 months until we hear any updates.  

Thank you J/I!

Forward thinking is what I enjoy from you and a few others and that means a great deal to me and a few others, to be sure...

I wish I could be on-board with you gents in Nov, but then again one never knows given the current series of events and if my spouse will allow me to travel LOL...

I feel the one/two punch from not sailing, as cruising is a relaxing vacation and I cannot wait to get back ASAP and join the comrades who want to get back, too!!!

Stay well buddies and look to sail with you soon!

bon voyage

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kwokpot said:

You feel comfortable doing four foreign cruises in a row with so many diverse ports with Covid19 unsolved?

Jim has said he hasn't been posting much on CC lately because of the negativity of so many of the threads.  I think you have successfully managed to close this thread with that comment. 

Let's aim for more hopeful posts.  Stay safe everyone. Happy Easter

Celebrity Edge.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Jim has said he hasn't been posting much on CC lately because of the negativity of so many of the threads.  I think you have successfully managed to close this thread with that comment. 

Ditto!  Happy Easter.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kwokpot said:

You feel comfortable doing four foreign cruises in a row with so many diverse ports with Covid19 unsolved?

I'm playing it one day at a time.   I of course have no idea what the situation will be in November / December and am open to cancellation if required.  

While I have no idea what the future will bring, my personal belief is that the virus will have a cyclical life similar to the Flu and will go dormant for a period of time.   We will probably watch how things progress after the cruise lines resume sailing and see how things shake out.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

I hope we won't be needing doctor's approval forms by end of year. 

I think it is a good time to work on a good rapport with your doctor and have an open discussion.   I am lucky to have a doctor and a health care provider (Kaiser) that has an e-mail portal to my doctor as well as the ability to schedule virtual appointments as well as traditional face to face.

My doctor is good about helping me with approvals if needed he also cautions me when appropriate. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Von & John said:

Jim & Ian  -- 

I just found your thread... 

It would have been fun following along....

Our Celebrity Eclipse 03/15/20 - Santiago (San Antonio), Chile to Dan Diego, CA cruise was cancelled 03/14 - the night b/4 we had received notification we were still cruising - as this was not a cruise out of the US...

I have limited time on  CC these days & understand the moan & groan concern...

Have you taken a look at this thread - a little light-hearted fun...

Thank you.    I really enjoyed C-Dragon's post.    We need more like it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Celebrity Edge.png

I have to say that I enjoyed a wonderful cruise last night. 

What???     Yea... I had a dream last night that I had boarded Edge and was having a wonderful cruise.  It was so real that I had a hard time disembarking this morning.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm playing it one day at a time.   I of course have no idea what the situation will be in November / December and am open to cancellation if required.  

While I have no idea what the future will bring, my personal belief is that the virus will have a cyclical life similar to the Flu and will go dormant for a period of time.   We will probably watch how things progress after the cruise lines resume sailing and see how things shake out.

Thank you for your honest answer. We're booked on the Apex in November and I really would love to go on this cruise. As with you it's too early to say what's going on but I'm not adverse to going if the situation settles. In fact we would like to add a cruise on the new Virgin Scarlet Lady which we originally booked for May 3rd. 

We have done NZ to Australia on the Solstice and Vietnam cruise on the Millie and they both remain some of our favorite cruises. We were scheduled on the Quantum from Singapore to Malaysia on March 22nd followed by a nine night Land tour of India to the Taj Mahal and more but that was totally axed.   

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Thank you J/I!

Forward thinking is what I enjoy from you and a few others and that means a great deal to me and a few others, to be sure...

I wish I could be on-board with you gents in Nov, but then again one never knows given the current series of events and if my spouse will allow me to travel LOL...

I feel the one/two punch from not sailing, as cruising is a relaxing vacation and I cannot wait to get back ASAP and join the comrades who want to get back, too!!!

Stay well buddies and look to sail with you soon!

bon voyage

Thanks Bo -   

I enjoy your positive attitude and your posts always put a smile on my face.  

Even though we have a mandatory shelter in place order we are permitted to go outside and to get our daily exercise.   I'm still doing my daily 10-11 miles a day and discovering new things daily.   My usually walk use to be about 50% on a beautiful urban paved trail but they have become too crowded and too many people violating my 6 foot social spacing so I have found new neighborhood routes that I virtually never see anyone.    Those I do see are very respectful of each other and one normally move to the street to pass .   

I usually post at least one plant a day that comes in bloom but have really found some unusual decorations in our very artsy community.

Here's on of our neighborhood sharing library.    It is better stocked that the Edge.

48CB7AEF-0DCA-447A-914C-4B8E021083D4.jpeg

35C37FF6-A85E-4EB1-B4E2-D841A93661C3.thumb.jpeg.e31efc5da471e08b54886d26d8a60d9d.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How lovely to see spring. We are having "springtime in the Rockies" ie a snow storm today and tomorrow. I keep saying that we need the moisture and hopefully it will help with fires later, although there is a grass fire on the plains already. Stay safe.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Thank you for your honest answer. We're booked on the Apex in November and I really would love to go on this cruise. As with you it's too early to say what's going on but I'm not adverse to going if the situation settles. In fact we would like to add a cruise on the new Virgin Scarlet Lady which we originally booked for May 3rd. 

We have done NZ to Australia on the Solstice and Vietnam cruise on the Millie and they both remain some of our favorite cruises. We were scheduled on the Quantum from Singapore to Malaysia on March 22nd followed by a nine night Land tour of India to the Taj Mahal and more but that was totally axed.   

Sounds like some wonderful trips being planned.

Let me know when you start planning the Taj Mahal.    We did a side trip on our own for about 1/4 of the ridiculously high prices Celebrity charges.    We were actually at the same airplanes but chose to spend the first night in Agra instead of Deli.    The hotel we stayed at --- The JP Palace was one of the most Palatial hotels we have ever visited let alone stayed out.    Our guide met us early (6AM) and we toured the Taj before the crowds began and were back to the Hotel by 9 for  1 1/2 to clean up and have breakfast before continuing on our tour. 

The guide we had was exceptional and we still hear from him regularly.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, silkismom said:

How lovely to see spring. We are having "springtime in the Rockies" ie a snow storm today and tomorrow. I keep saying that we need the moisture and hopefully it will help with fires later, although there is a grass fire on the plains already. Stay safe.

I'm sure you will be rewarded with a spectacular sow of springtime flowers once the weather warms.   We have a rather mild climate in Silicon Valley and I've only missed one day this year being able to walk due to heavy rains. 

Jim, I am with you on so many negative posts. Please don't let that stop you from posting. I enjoy everything you write about. 

It's not like Celebrity or any of the cruise lines planned for covid19. I was really looking forward to your live review especially when my TA on the Reflection was cancelled.

I started sheltering in March 3 because of my age and underlying medical conditions. I have gone  in the car twice to the grocery store with my daughter and waited in the car. I have been to the lab for blood work 3 times. Good news I don't have to go back for a month. My grandkids are staying with there dad, so it's a little lonely here without them.

My regards to you and Iian. Please dont give up on us who appreciate your wonderful posts.

Norma

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

Jim, I am with you on so many negative posts. Please don't let that stop you from posting. I enjoy everything you write about. 

It's not like Celebrity or any of the cruise lines planned for covid19. I was really looking forward to your live review especially when my TA on the Reflection was cancelled.

I started sheltering in March 3 because of my age and underlying medical conditions. I have gone  in the car twice to the grocery store with my daughter and waited in the car. I have been to the lab for blood work 3 times. Good news I don't have to go back for a month. My grandkids are staying with there dad, so it's a little lonely here without them.

My regards to you and Iian. Please dont give up on us who appreciate your wonderful posts.

Norma

Norma - 

Always good to hear from you.   Sound like you are doing the right thing but I'm sure it has really impacted your daily  life.

I've been trying to avoid the Supermarket as it is so difficult to maintain a safe distance from others and have been picking up things like milk at a local Mom and Pop market when I notice it is empty.   Hope you are enjoying the nice weather.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, raudacruise said:

Jim, your spring/Easter pics put a smile on my face.

I have fall and spring cruises booked.  Just taking one day at a time. 

On my daily walk I come across fun thing everyday.  This one got a chuckle out of me today. 

492509B3-AE46-415E-BE8F-9DC312392CC6.thumb.jpeg.bb7fa21b0f7e91d3f570065dcff45dfa.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Yikes..... I forget at times that some areas of the country are still getting snow.    I grew up in Upstate NY (above the 100" belt) and don't even like to go visit it anymore. 

We on the other hand have spectacular weather with day time temperatures in the upper 70's.   I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt for my daily walk today.  

• Like 2