Royal Caribbean cancels all US sailing for 30 days & then announces global suspension

govanguy

1 minute ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Just seen a press release from Royal Caribbean saying they are suspending all cruises on all their fleet globally from midnight to 11 April. .https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1435/royal-caribbean-announces-voluntary-suspension-of-cruising/ 
It doesn’t say that this includes Azamara, but I’d be surprised if it doesn’t.

Well, Azamara is part of Royal Caribbean, so...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

The Pursuit South America cruise due to end in Lima on 23 March is now finishing in Valparaiso on 17 March, with lots of missed ports, as Peru is not accepting cruise ships.

I believe AZ has handled it as good as  they can. Not easy when governments makes changes hourly.

I doubt very much AZ will go under because an "entitled" few do not get any information the minute  they demand it !!! 😄 😄 ....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I-Cruiser said:

I believe AZ has handled it as good as  they can. Not easy when governments makes changes hourly.

I doubt very much AZ will go under because an "entitled" few do not get any information the minute  they demand it !!! 😄 😄 ....

I agree to a point. Yes, too many changes happening rapidly. But, when the first announcement came for US departures to cancel, Azamara chose to try to re-work the only US departure that they had. We’re on the April 5 from MIAMI and we STILL do not have confirmation of cancellation.

At the time of writing this post the Updated Cruise Ship Policies and Cancellations site includes the worldwide suspension advice for Royal Caribbean and Silversea, but not for Celebrity or Azamara 

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/5016/

Hopefully that will change to include all lines under the flag very soon!

9 hours ago, Jules of The Seas said:

Grandma, they are playing at keeping our money as long as they can in the hope that we all cancel and they only have to give future cruise credits. Our 5th April cruise is still on apparently, although where it will start from and finish is anyone’s guess. Highly unlikely that we will be on it now, we are in the process of trying to cancel our weeks holiday in Orlando beforehand. Thankfully BA will let us use any monies paid towards other flights within 12 months, which has more chance of happening than us booking another Azamara cruise.

Hmmm
Please try to remember that Azamara maybe doesn’t have the personnel resources to cancel all at once.  Once everything is cancelled, everyone will be expecting their refund yesterday.

Edited by laurieb

Hopefully it will before long, but at present on the Updated Cruise Ship Policies and Cancellations site, this information shows for Royal Caribbean and Silversea, but not yet for Celebrity and Azamara :

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/5016/

Surely the information should have been added to all four at the same time!

5 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/international/937453-chile-quarantines-1300-aboard-two-cruise-ships

Apparently the Pursuit is now quarantined, with all passengers and crew.  They were cruising in Chilean waters.  May everyone stay healthy and safe.

Has this happened again - they were quarantined because two crew had high temperatures but they tested negative.  They were on their way to Valparaiso with no stops along the way to disembark because no ships are being accepted.

39 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Hmmm
Please try to remember that Azamara maybe doesn’t have the personnel resources to cancel all at once.  Once everything is cancelled, everyone will be expecting their refund yesterday.

Azamara seems to be playing the lets see who blinks first game. It seems their strategy is to give out as many FCC rather than giving refunds. In turn playing with peoples emotions and creating anxiety for them. This is not what you do if you’re looking out for your customers.

If they were truthful and upfront from the start, people would have understood about the time needed to process refunds.

• Like 1

I think it will be interesting how they position future cruise certificates as contingent liabilities in their balance sheet going forward.  I believe they cannot recognise revenue until you have sailed(ie between payment and sailing) or any deposits.

To the critics, I don't think anyone was playing an entitlement card, I think everyone was just expecting at least the same level of frequency and speed of response, sensitivity, and proposed outcome as their competitors and when that was not happening, serious frustrations about the line came to the fore, some of which have been bubbling under for some time.

• Like 5

LATEST ALERTS

Royal Caribbean, Celebrity & Azamara Announce Voluntary Suspension of Cruising | Compensation Offers on Cancelled Sailings

At Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Cruises, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew are always our top priorities. As a result we are voluntarily suspending operations for sailings worldwide effective at midnight, March 15th, 2020. Our goal is to resume operation on April 11th, 2020 (except Ovation of the Seas April 11th, 2020 & Azamara Journey April 11th, 2020 sailings). 

LATEST ALERTS

Royal Caribbean, Celebrity & Azamara Announce Voluntary Suspension of Cruising | Compensation Offers on Cancelled Sailings

At Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Cruises, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew are always our top priorities. As a result we are voluntarily suspending operations for sailings worldwide effective at midnight, March 15th, 2020. Our goal is to resume operation on April 11th, 2020 (except Ovation of the Seas April 11th, 2020 & Azamara Journey April 11th, 2020 sailings). 

18 minutes ago, laurieb said:

LATEST ALERTS

I'm still not finding where this is posted with Azamara listed. Cn you please provide your link? Thank you.

Never mind, I found it!

Edited by kent4489
Found info.