Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

19 minutes ago, dog said:

I received the taxes and prepaid purchases back to my credit card the day I cancelled. 

If I might ask, what was your cruising date and what date did you get your funds?  I cancelled my water and soda packages on 3/15 and have not seen anything yet.  I have not cancelled my May 20th cruise yet, just packages.  Thanks in advance.

Ideally, cruise payments would be escrowed against sailings and not used for other cash flow purposes.  Apparently, that does not happen, and in times like this cash flow stresses the refund process.  Sadly, this does not engender confidence moving forward with future bookings and it starts the vicious cycle.

BTW, I am a long-time Princess loyalist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, as400guy said:

May I ask the original question again:

Has anyone received a CREDIT TO THEIR CREDIT CARD  -or-  CASH REFUND?

I'm not interested in promises, FCCs or what someone at Princess/Carnival has said.  Has Princess performed on their cash refund promise for cruises cancelled by Princess?

Nothing, not a dime. I am rethinking giving them any more money until we get our refund. I think 30 days is reasonable as any other time it would be just a couple days. 

52 minutes ago, Mackenzie1 said:

I have received the canceled excursions back only, which I canceled a few days before Princess announced the suspension.  

Same here. Canceled excursion money back to my credit card in a couple days. For our 3/29 canceled cruise nothing showing yet.  I’m figuring at least a month at the earliest.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

Nothing, not a dime. I am rethinking giving them any more money until we get our refund. I think 30 days is reasonable as any other time it would be just a couple days. 

Edited by remydiva

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

If I might ask, what was your cruising date and what date did you get your funds?  I cancelled my water and soda packages on 3/15 and have not seen anything yet.  I have not cancelled my May 20th cruise yet, just packages.  Thanks in advance.

Cancelled March 6 for March 7 th cruise. No FCC showing today in my personalizer 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, remydiva said:

To 400 guy original ask..

Yes I got 50% back plus shore excursions . Cancelled mar 6

$$ back on CC mar 9

This is interesting - I just looked at your post history. I cancelled March 6th for an April 19th cruise. I was in 75% penalty. I have yet to receive anything yet (except for excursions that I cancelled myself). I just have faith it will all work out.

8 minutes ago, Coral said:

This is interesting - I just looked at your post history. I cancelled March 6th for an April 19th cruise. I was in 75% penalty. I have yet to receive anything yet (except for excursions that I cancelled myself). I just have faith it will all work out.

are you sure it was in the 75% range? I thought that was 30 days or under...according to my final payment doc it says

CANCELLATION SCHEDULE
Date Fee
21-Jan-20 130.00 Per Person    23-Feb-20 50.0 % of Total Charges   22-Mar-20 75.0 % of Total Charges
05-Apr-20 100.0 % of Total Charges

I read this mean if you cancel BETWEEN Feb 23 and Mar 22, you are in the 50% range.

AFTER Mar 22 you are in the 75% range.

32 minutes ago, remydiva said:

are you sure it was in the 75% range? I thought that was 30 days or under...according to my final payment doc it says

CANCELLATION SCHEDULE
Date Fee
21-Jan-20 130.00 Per Person    23-Feb-20 50.0 % of Total Charges   22-Mar-20 75.0 % of Total Charges
05-Apr-20 100.0 % of Total Charges

I read this mean if you cancel BETWEEN Feb 23 and Mar 22, you are in the 50% range.

AFTER Mar 22 you are in the 75% range.

My cruise was 26 nights so it falls under a different cancellation rate. If I had waited until 3/7, I would have been in 100% cancellation rate. This was a B2B and I booked it as one cruise. Looking back, it would have been smarter to book it as 2 cruises but it was much more expensive. 

It was frustrating as all of my fellow cruisers were in 50% and I was almost in 100%. It was celebrating a big milestone birthday so I wanted to do something big for it. I had taken care of a parent previously and had never been able to get away for one of the big birthdays, or any birthday for that matter.

Sailings 25 days or more (including Full World Cruise & World Cruise Segments)
Days prior to Cruise or Land Package Departure Item(s)* Assessed Cancellation Fee
120 days or more None None
90 to 119 days Cruise fare Deposit^ Amount
64 to 89 days All Items 50% of Total Charges
43 to 63 days All Items 75% of Total Charges
42 days or less All Items 100% of Total Charges
Edited by Coral

3 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

When we called AON they said that when Princess canceled  our cruise they canceled our Princess Vacation Protection insurance too when they did that.....does that sound right to others?

That does sound right.  AON only offers their insurance for covered reasons for cancellation (illness, death, I think jury duty, etc) and they provide you cash back.  Since Princess has canceled the cruise, they are actually refunding the Princess Vacation Protection, thus, it has been canceled.  

13 minutes ago, Coral said:

My cruise was 26 nights so it falls under a different cancellation rate. If I had waited until 3/7, I would have been in 100% cancellation rate. This was a B2B and I booked it as one cruise. Looking back, it would have been smarter to book it as 2 cruises but it was much more expensive. 

It was frustrating as all of my fellow cruisers were in 50% and I was almost in 100%. It was celebrating a big milestone birthday so I wanted to do something big for it. I had taken care of a parent previously and had never been able to get away for one of the big birthdays, or any birthday for that matter.

Sailings 25 days or more (including Full World Cruise & World Cruise Segments)
Days prior to Cruise or Land Package Departure Item(s)* Assessed Cancellation Fee
120 days or more None None
90 to 119 days Cruise fare Deposit^ Amount
64 to 89 days All Items 50% of Total Charges
43 to 63 days All Items 75% of Total Charges
42 days or less All Items 100% of Total Charges

oh.....yes that is unfortunate. Ours was the 15 day transatlantic. I didn't realize that different length cruises had different rules. Learn something every day...ok, well maybe not EVERY day but today anyways!

12 minutes ago, remydiva said:

oh.....yes that is unfortunate. Ours was the 15 day transatlantic. I didn't realize that different length cruises had different rules. Learn something every day...ok, well maybe not EVERY day but today anyways!

I just looked at your signature and I was going to be on your cruise plus the British Isles afterwards. I didn't get involved in your roll call because I booked this trip late (January) and your roll call was way too busy for me to get caught up on. I did join the roll call for the cruise after. I was going to end in Paris (as opposed to Southampton) and spend a few days there before flying home. 

Edited by Coral

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I just looked at your signature and I was going to be on your cruise plus the British Isles afterwards. I didn't get involved in your roll call because I booked this trip late (January) and your roll call was way too busy for me to get caught up on. I did join the roll call for the cruise after. I was going to end in Paris (as opposed to Southampton) and spend a few days there before flying home. 

I never joined the roll call...I do recognize your call name tho 🙂 

and I am too sad to remove that cruise from my signature...still grieving I guess as this TA (would be our 4th) was going to check off a couple more things on the bucket list...Bilboa for the Guggenheim Museum and a visit to Stonehenge on a post cruise transfer to LHR. I checked on the TA for next year and this itinerary isnt being offered. The other stops we've done but were planning something new at them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, remydiva said:

I never joined the roll call...I do recognize your call name tho 🙂 

and I am too sad to remove that cruise from my signature...still grieving I guess as this TA (would be our 4th) was going to check off a couple more things on the bucket list...Bilboa for the Guggenheim Museum and a visit to Stonehenge on a post cruise transfer to LHR. I checked on the TA for next year and this itinerary isnt being offered. The other stops we've done but were planning something new at them.

It was going to be my first TA and was going to hit some places I hadn't done either (including those you listed). I also wanted Bruges. Ending in Paris was going to be a highlight. One day!

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

It was going to be my first TA and was going to hit some places I hadn't done either (including those you listed). I also wanted Bruges. Ending in Paris was going to be a highlight. One day!

I love Bruges but since we have done that on a river cruise, we were going to head out into the country to ?Damme I think it was called. But as Medieval cities go, it is pretty special.

Paris also a fav to visit...we often fly there enroute home to make the most of the TA journey.

Some day....*dreamy eyes* 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

That's very odd.  I cancelled a May 9th cruise on Tuesday March 10th, 2 days before Princess pulled the plug on it.  I cancelled on board purchases two days before that expecting that we were headed towards cancellation.  The on board purchase credits came back to my credit card roughly 3 days after cancelling them and the date shown on my credit card statement was the date of cancellation.  Four days after cancelling the cruise, a credit for roughly 78% of what I paid for the cruise + EZAir + PVP appeared on my credit card, backdated to March 10th.  I was barely in the deposit penalty period which I was thinking was $100 PP.  Am good at and creative with math but many after many tries I could not determine how they figured out what I got back, and with no visibility into the FCCs, I am stumped.  TA has been unable to get a breakdown of refund vs. FCC from Princess and Princess says that it's up to the TA to provide it so that isn't worth pushing right now.  I will just wait until things settle down but will pursue it again if nothing has been clarified in a months time.  But if you haven't gotten anything, I guess I should feel lucky to at least have a big chunk of my $$ back. 

12 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

That's very odd.  I cancelled a May 9th cruise on Tuesday March 10th, 2 days before Princess pulled the plug on it.  I cancelled on board purchases two days before that expecting that we were headed towards cancellation.  

It doesn't make any sense. We use the same TA.

Edited by Coral

6 minutes ago, Coral said:

It doesn't make any sense.

I completely agree.  You would think that they were taking care of refunds in the order received.  Did you fill out the form for cancellation option B?  I did that two days after cancelling and am not sure if that had anything to do with my getting the refund since I cancelled before they put the 60 day pause into effect.  If you haven't done that already, you should probably do so.

Edited by azbirdmom

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I completely agree.  You would think that they were taking care of refunds in the order received.  Did you fill out the form for cancellation option B?  I did that two days after cancelling and am not sure if that had anything to do with my getting the refund since I cancelled before they put the 60 day pause into effect.  If you haven't done that already, you should probably do so.

I filled out the form on the 15th for option B.

The only money I have gotten back has been the shore excursions I cancelled either that day or the day before. Before the TA cancelled.

I thought maybe they were taking care of them in maybe the order of the cruise but that doesn't make sense either.

Edited by Coral

1 minute ago, remydiva said:

Azbirdmom.. when was your cruise date? Maybe you got back about 75% ba k plus extras cuz you were in the 25% range?

May 9th and we were 60 days out so we were right in the deposit cancellation fee period for our cruise length (11 days).