Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Hi,  I cancelled under the new cancellation policy on the day it came out.  I received an email but the money has not hit my account.  Obviously I know things are terribly unusual and Princess and Banks are no doubt terribly overburdened.   However, I was just wondering if people are starting to get their refunds trickling through?  My bank has - in the past - been very slow with refunds so I’m curious.  In Australia by the way.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

We canceled Feb 28 and only got money back on our card on this past Wednesday, so it took about a week and a half.  It could get even worse with the volumes they are dealing with now (literally everyone who had a cruise in the next 60 days).

• Thanks 1

Also in Australia.  My refund for the cancelled Diamond Princess cruise has not yet come through, although the future cruise credit showed up on my account almost immediately and all my excursions were refunded within two days.  That cruise is still showing on my personaliser!  Unfortunately the future cruise deposit I used hasn’t been returned yet either.  This Thursday I cancelled the Alaska cruise I booked to replace Japan (foolishly thinking this would all blow over) and the future cruise credit (from the Japan cruise they cancelled) was returned immediately but the excursions or cruise haven’t been refunded.  I also put in a claim to Princess seeking compensation for the $850 cancellation fee JAL charged for my Tokyo flights, haven’t heard anything, keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by trinitygirl

We canceled on Wednesday & received a chargecard credit to our account on the same day for our refundable costs. Trying to figure out how they calculated that amount because it’s different than on their cancelation notice.

Our FCC isn’t in our Captain’s Circle account which is understandable because they stated it could take up to 30 business days for it to be processed.

I’m patiently waiting because they’re overloaded with these cancelation orders & expect that eventually the numbers will balance. It was a pleasant surprise that any refund was issued so quickly. 🙂

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IBsaved said:

We cancelled on Tuesday and got our money back today

Same situation for us although it's nowhere near what we were expecting and the FCC part of it isn't on the Cruise Personalizer so I can't tell if the rest is there.  We were at the point in the cancellation schedule where the cancellation fee would have been the deposit so we should have gotten all of it back.  Will work with TA when things settle down if the rest of the $$ doesn't magically appear in by then.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I/We are Australian.  Completed the online survey and chose Option 2  on the morning  the email from Princess arrived advising cancellation of our March 23 cruise.  As yet we have not received an email response confirming our information and choices.   Spoke to a Princess Consultant yesterday who said we may have to wait 30 days for the refund.  I hope he is right and that we are in the pipeline.

I didn't contact Princess, in February, Princess cancelled my May 2020 voyage, Princess returned 100% of the funds to my credit card and gave me 25% credit to another voyage in my princess account to be used within 1 year.

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We requested ours be canceled thru our TA on Monday, and Wednesday morning it was cancelled and the FCD's were returned to our account. At that time, we were under the first cancellation policy to where it was a 50% fee, and it was noted that we would have to file with AON to get the other 50% back since we did have PV Platinum. At that point in time, it was our understanding the PVP premiums would not be refunded, and we were not sure about the FCD's as the deposit was non-refundable on the cruise we booked.

Then Thursday morning is when the TA contacted us about the new policy, in which we immediately filled out both forms for Option #2, and did receive the emails for both that it was received.

This morning we have a strange credit that we can't make fit either scenario, and may be due to the fact the cancellation was already underway before we filled out the paperwork for the later option. In our case, the total paid to the TA was $3791 which was base fare, PVP-Platinum and taxes/port fees. Less the FCD, the balance paid to the TA at final payment was $3591, and our credit was $1527. 

We have not received anything else from Princess or the TA as of yet, nor do we see anything on our account, if there is suppose to be some other credit there. We are not sure if this credit was some how figured, based on the original cancellation or if somehow it's under the new policy, and for only one of us so far. No matter how we spin it, under any cancellation, we can't come up with this number.

It may just have to work it out as can only think Princess was already working on the normal cancellations, when they threw the newer one into the mix for them customer services folks to deal with.

Forgive me if the answer to this is buried in one of those threads with a thousand replies..

Has anyone seen a refund for EZ-Air? I read the FAQ several times (granted maybe it has been updated?) but I didn’t see if Princess would auto refund that after I choose my preference via form. I didn’t submit a reimbursement request for it since it is tied to my cancelled cruise. 

Edited by dearinger
Misspelling

I filled out the form around 7:00 am on 3/12.  I picked option #1.  Our cruise was supposed to leave on 4/21/19.  As of this morning, we have received nothing back. Our TA was able to contact Princess on our behalf, and she was told that it can take up to 30 days to process the refunds/credits.  We wanted to reuse the funds to try and book a cruise in June, but since Canada has closed their ports, it probably wasn't going to happen anyway.  We have cruises booked for Oct. and next April, so we can use the credits to pay for those trips.  I'm hoping the port taxes will go back to our credit card as they were around $800.  It's really a mess. I'm guessing it will take awhile for Princess to get to everyone and those currently on ships will take priority. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know how they refund you if you used multiple credit cards to pay in full?  I used our AMEX cards to get the statement credits and I used 2 Southwest cards to get their Companion Pass.  I have no idea what will happen to my miles/points if they credit everything to the card that paid it.  I think I'm leaning towards getting FCC if ours gets cancelled.  We're 6/9 British Isles, so it's looking like it probably will get cancelled...

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I was scheduled to be on the Grand Princess on 3/22.  I've received refunds for everything I paid for with my credit card.  The rest was paid for by gift card and I haven't seen a refund on that in any form.d  We'll see how it goes.

Same cruise. Paid for it with PayPal, Black Friday Gift Cards, and last payment was Visa. It was all refunded to Visa. Now I can delete the screenshots of those gift cards (as soon as I find out which ones they are 🙄)

Added: when my Majestic Princess cruise was canceled I had to put all GCs on  https://wbiprod.storedvalue.com/WBI/lookupservlet?language=en to find the refund. Never got an email but it was there. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Armchair Cruiser said:

I/We are Australian.  Completed the online survey and chose Option 2  on the morning  the email from Princess arrived advising cancellation of our March 23 cruise.  As yet we have not received an email response confirming our information and choices.   Spoke to a Princess Consultant yesterday who said we may have to wait 30 days for the refund.  I hope he is right and that we are in the pipeline.

I also thought I hadn't received a response. However it was in my SPAM folder. You may want to check that out if you haven't yet done so. Also check trash.

17 hours ago, lahore said:

Hi,  I cancelled under the new cancellation policy on the day it came out.  I received an email but the money has not hit my account.  Obviously I know things are terribly unusual and Princess and Banks are no doubt terribly overburdened.   However, I was just wondering if people are starting to get their refunds trickling through?  My bank has - in the past - been very slow with refunds so I’m curious.  In Australia by the way.

It could take up to 15 days before the credit card company processes your refund.  

Edited by Syracusefan44

2 hours ago, partybarbie said:

As of this morning, we have received nothing back. Our TA was able to contact Princess on our behalf, and she was told that it can take up to 30 days to process the refunds/credits. 

Based on the Princess statement it can take up to 30 business days to fully process our requests.

We canceled our B2B early May cruises late afternoon on 3/11 the day before the 2 options were announced so our situation is more complicated. I calculated that our chargecard credit amount we immediately received on 3/11 was for our first cruise: 50% refundable cruise fare & TF&PE. We have not received anything yet for our 2nd cruise’s refundable costs (air & TF&PE). For cruise 1 they’ll need to recharge our 50% refundable cruise fare but don’t know whether they’ll use some of our refundable costs from cruise 2 for the first cruise’s fare which is more than enough to pay that amount.

Neither of our FCDs have been returned to our Captain’s Circle account yet.

Our situation canceling on 3/11 & on 3/12 requesting Option 1 is more complicated & we prefer accuracy over expediency. In late February we booked a bucket list around Australia for September on the redeployed Sapphire. That final payment is 2 months away so we should have sufficient time to get our 150% FCC.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you. 🙂

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hope everything goes smoothly for you. 🙂

Thank you.  I am hoping the same for you and everyone that had a cruise cancelled.  I know we all disappointed, as many of us book early and put a lot of time and effort into planning a great vacation.  I am grateful I'm not sick, and still have 21 full rolls (and four partial) rolls of toilet paper.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Do people know if we took Option #2 for full cash refund if we are going to get our money back from Princess for buying Princess Vacation Package.  We were on a long cruise and it costs us over $800 and when I go to my cruise personalizer and pull up the canceled booking it looks like they are working on it and have it zeroed out and is not now included in part of the trip

the amount of money I paid.  

It seems like we should get it back if Princess canceled the cruise?

26 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Do people know if we took Option #2 for full cash refund if we are going to get our money back from Princess for buying Princess Vacation Package.  We were on a long cruise and it costs us over $800 and when I go to my cruise personalizer and pull up the canceled booking it looks like they are working on it and have it zeroed out and is not now included in part of the trip

Based on their current FAQs available from the link at the top of their website PVP appears to be refundable as a FCC but don’t have any personal experience.

Are PVP premiums refundable?
Yes. For any bookings cancelled based on the existing guidelines, PVP premiums can be converted to a new FCC and be used towards the cruise fare of a new booking.

Edited by Astro Flyer

12 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Bring up your cruise personalizer and when you click on payments there should show a credit for the amount of the insurance.   They removed my insurance price yesterday and it showed up as credit owed me under booking balance.   

50 minutes ago, mrsihopes said:

Bring up your cruise personalizer and when you click on payments there should show a credit for the amount of the insurance.   They removed my insurance price yesterday and it showed up as credit owed me under booking balance.   

You are correct.....thank you

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

Same cruise. Paid for it with PayPal, Black Friday Gift Cards, and last payment was Visa. It was all refunded to Visa. Now I can delete the screenshots of those gift cards (as soon as I find out which ones they are 🙄)

You're lucky.  I scrounged around the house and found the one partially used gift card I had left.  It was up to its full balance, which probably meant they credited back my other cards too.  I called the gift card support hotline (separate from the Princess general line) and that's what rep said - all three were back to full.  He told me to e-mail my details to gift card support and ask for them to re-send the trashed cards.  So I did that.  We'll see how it goes.

It's kind of a pain in the neck, but nothing compared to what so many others have to go through.

• Like 1