Freedom denied entry to San Juan this morning

1 hour ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

I thought NCL Epic was going to Port Canaveral?

The email we had from her this morning said Port Everglades, but with everything being up in the air it easily could have been changed to Port Canaveral.  We haven't heard from her since this morning.

30 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Clearly the World situation with the pandemic  is fluid, I would like to know how many from PR are actually on board?  The World did not take an abundance of caution after 50 million were quarantined in China.  The World is trying to play catch up.  The cruiseship industry if it were a country, I believe is ranked number 9 as the most cases of corona.  No Way no how I am letting a cruise ship port in my country, my city, my state.  This plague is unbelievably contagious.  I would also shut down all airlines, all modes of public transportation.   The curve must be flattened in order to save lives.  The hospitals can not handle a bunch of sick old people.  That is the biggest concern the healthcare system. 

Your Country, City, State?  These are citizens of our Country, City, State. You are sounding like the drama. China allowed Ten's of thousands to travel for months to the rest of the world. They did not do anything of importance to stop the spread. Do not give them credit. Time to gather and make peace. this is not the end of the world. Calm and wash your hands. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, sunbrookgal said:

Your Country, City, State?  These are citizens of our Country, City, State. You are sounding like the drama. China allowed Ten's of thousands to travel for months to the rest of the world. They did not do anything of importance to stop the spread. Do not give them credit. Time to gather and make peace. this is not the end of the world. Calm and wash your hands. 

Good post and so very true.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 11:10 AM, Sea Dog said:

Are they adding extra points for those days at sea?

Currently on the ship. It would only be right if they give us extra points. We're still spending money on the ship which is better than if everyone had gotten off and they had no income from passengers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What's the mood like on board?

From what I am seeing, most people are doing very well and rolling with the flow. My take is, there's nothing we can do about it so we might as well play the cards that are dealt to us and enjoy the wo extra days on the ship. I think most people are following with this attitude. The pool deck is crowded and the ship's staff is doing everything thing they can to keep the mood festive. I think the only exceptions to all of the happiness may be some of the residents of Puerto Rico. I feel sorry for them that they were so close to home and could not get there. My understanding is that RCI is making arrangements to get them all back to Puerto Rico once we dock in Miami.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sunbrookgal said:

Oh my Please you must remain calm in this pandemic, panic wont help!

Edited by Newleno