Freedom denied entry to San Juan this morning

10 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

Yes, we are on board. We were up early this morning and John said, “Something’s up. Our luggage is back beside our door. “ 

Wow, that must have been quite the process for them since the departure luggage tags don't have cabin numbers on them.

• Like 1

Royal is being very generous and letting everyone on board have one whole hour of internet time to rearrange their return home.  Royal intends to  arrive in  Miami on March 17.  

Edited by Newleno
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

And so all the people that live in Puerto Rico will now fly back to San Juan. So what’s the point of taking them back to Miami

Royal will take care of the people who live in PR with complimentary flights.

Edited by Newleno

20 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

And so all the people that live in Puerto Rico will now fly back to San Juan. So what’s the point of taking them back to Miami

Possibly so that they can be medically tested.  Perhaps they don't have enough test kits in PR.

Edited by time4u2go

10 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Royal is being very generous and letting everyone on board have one whole hour of internet time to rearrange their return home.  Royal intends to  arrive in  Miami on March 17.  However in the letter given to guests a time of embarkation is not given.  Pretty hard to rearrange when you dont even know what time of day you will debark.  Well at least guests have that whole hour of internet.

LOL ONE WHOLE HOUR!! How generous. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Royal is being very generous and letting everyone on board have one whole hour of internet time to rearrange their return home.  Royal intends to  arrive in  Miami on March 17.  However  a time of disembarkation is not given.  Pretty hard to rearrange when you dont even know what time of day you will debark.  Well at least guests have that whole hour of internet.

Disembarkation time is listed as 8am on the letter guests received

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Wow, that must have been quite the process for them since the departure luggage tags don't have cabin numbers on them.

I noticed a small piece of tape with our cabin # on our luggage. They must have had some way of identifying the luggage. I also just found out that not everyone’s luggage had been collected when they realized we couldn’t dock in SJ. 

1 minute ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I noticed a small piece of tape with our cabin # on our luggage. They must have had some way of identifying the luggage. I also just found out that not everyone’s luggage had been collected when they realized we couldn’t dock in SJ. 

They likely had people with manifests identifying cabins by passenger names.  At least some of it hadn't collected, made the job a little easier I am sure.

23 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Royal will take care of the people who live in PR with complimentary flights.

But that is exactly my point. Why not just let them disembark in Puerto Rico. Now if the government is going to stop all incoming flights, then I could see it. I’m not advocating that they need to do that, but what’s the difference if they come in to Puerto Rico at the pier or the airport. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ATC cruiser said:

But that is exactly my point. Why not just let them disembark in Puerto Rico. Now if the government is going to stop all incoming flights, then I could see it. I’m not advocating that they need to do that, but what’s the difference if they come in to Puerto Rico at the pier or the airport. 

It could be that they don't have the ability to test them all at the PR pier, but they do have that at the Miami pier.  Just a guess.

Let me reflect upon the logic of this. The crew and passengers were in PR not but last week. They had plenty of opportunity to spread then. Now, The PR residents on this ship will Fly back home next week. They will possibly infect the mainland residents who come in contact. The flight crews as well. Who on occasion overnight in PR. Oh and the PR airport staff who come in contact. Oh and the people who take them home. Yes their friends and family as well. So, what the heck id the logic here? Zip. 

Even the Port of Baltimore stated that their closure start date excluded the 2 ships home-ported there - they were allowed to return for the last time after the closure.   

I can’t imagine San Juan excluding Freedom from docking under the same circumstances.   That seems a shame. 

2 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

It could be that they don't have the ability to test them all at the PR pier, but they do have that at the Miami pier.  Just a guess.

I haven't read anything about anyone being tested.  The letter said that there were no illnesses on board

2 minutes ago, sunbrookgal said:

Let me reflect upon the logic of this. The crew and passengers were in PR not but last week. They had plenty of opportunity to spread then. Now, The PR residents on this ship will Fly back home next week. They will possibly infect the mainland residents who come in contact. The flight crews as well. Who on occasion overnight in PR. Oh and the PR airport staff who come in contact. Oh and the people who take them home. Yes their friends and family as well. So, what the heck id the logic here? Zip. 

There are no identified illnesses on board

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Theyvare not testing people with zero symtoms. Pleade stop the hysteria