Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Re not being able to cruise, has anyone seen a list of chronic health conditions for over 70s by cruise lines or other cruise auths? I know there was talk about it.

I don't know.  I know that diabetes was on the CDC's no-cruise list in mid-March, because it prevented me from boarding Radiance of the Season on the 13th.  It's highly unlikely that it will be removed from their no-cruise list, so my cruising career is officially over.

48 minutes ago, Vader1111 said:

So, it seems my cruising career is permanently over.  As a diabetic, I will never again be allowed on a Princess ship - and I assume all of the other cruise lines will be adopting similar standards.

The article doesn't mention bans for any medical conditions other than current respiratory illnesses. 

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Re not being able to cruise, has anyone seen a list of chronic health conditions for over 70s by cruise lines or other cruise auths? I know there was talk about it.

It is not just the over 70s. It is anyone with a chronic illness that they have listed.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The article doesn't mention bans for any medical conditions other than current respiratory illnesses. 

It talks about chronic health conditions, which includes diabetes.

Here's the critical bit:

Princess Cruises will likewise keep up its policy of

declining the boarding to booked passengers who meet an range of measures comprising any individual who has been in contact with an alleged or confirmed case with COVID-19; anybody experiencing a fever or flu like symptoms before they embark; and anybody with serious chronic health conditions.

That includes things like cancer, chronic heart and/or lung conditions, and diabetes.

No age limits are specified.  I'm only 46, and my cruising career is done according to this policy.

** I'm not saying that the policy is wrong - just that it means I will never be able to cruise again.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If cruise lines decide to adopt bans on chronic health conditions that are controllable by medication they will lose a lot of bookings.

Absolutely... but that's the price they will have to pay if they wish to remain in business.  They dance to the CDC's tune, and if the CDC says no diabetics then that's all she wrote.

2 hours ago, Vader1111 said:

It talks about chronic health conditions, which includes diabetes.

Here's the critical bit:

That includes things like cancer, chronic heart and/or lung conditions, and diabetes.

No age limits are specified.  I'm only 46, and my cruising career is done according to this policy.

** I'm not saying that the policy is wrong - just that it means I will never be able to cruise again.

I think the key word is "serious". They need to define that more, especially regarding diabetes as there are different types of diabetes. Will passengers be able to supply a letter from their doctor certifying them as fit to travel if they have some conditions?

8 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think the key word is "serious". They need to define that more, especially regarding diabetes as there are different types of diabetes. Will passengers be able to supply a letter from their doctor certifying them as fit to travel if they have some conditions?

and more to the point .

..Would Doctor ‘s give such a letter and open themselves to being held responsible ?

15 hours ago, Vader1111 said:

I don't know.  I know that diabetes was on the CDC's no-cruise list in mid-March, because it prevented me from boarding Radiance of the Season on the 13th.  It's highly unlikely that it will be removed from their no-cruise list, so my cruising career is officially over.

Princess has no no-cruise list.  This was confirmed when someone phoned re diabetes (see Princess tread)

21 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Here is Artania social distancing her self from the rest of the fleet:

image.png

Here is a link about the Artania written around 10 days ago.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/artania-last-cruise-ship-passengers-at-sea/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=055C7F66-850B-11EA-AAED-4CFF39982C1E&utm_term=Editorial&utm_campaign=facebook

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Royal Caribbean had a blanket ban on diabetes back in mid-March, just before everything went pear shaped.  I stood in line for 3 hours, waiting to be rejected, just because I was diabetic.  There was no discussion, and no leeway.  You're a diabetic, you're not getting on the ship.

It doesn't matter whether or not you're controlling it.  If you're diabetic, then you can forget about cruising until the CDC changes its policy.

Artania has now left Manilla and is on her way home to Bremerhaven, Germany

artania02052020.jpg

Safe travels 🙂

Carnival Splendor has now left Jakarta, Indonesia and is on her way to join the Carnival Spirit in in Manila Bay.

carnivalsplendor02052020.jpg

After thinking Spectrum of the Seas had gone home to China, she is back!

spectrumofthesea02052020.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

Majestic Princess looking at all the fleet anchored in Manila Bay:

majestic-bridge28042020.jpg

Pacific Dawn looking at the Pacific Aria:

pd28042020.jpg

Pacific Aria looking at the Carnival Spirit anchored in Manila Bay:

pr28042020.jpg

Queen Elizabeth looking at Carnival Spirit:

qel28042020.jpg

Majestic Princess looking at Sun/Sea Princess and Pacific Aria:

majestic-bridge30042020.jpg

Pacific Dawn looking at Queen Elizabeth and Carnival Spirit:

pd3004202002.jpg

Sun Princess looking at Pacific Explorer? and Pacific Aria:

sun-bridge3004202002.jpg

• Like 1

majestic-bridge0305202002.jpg

Majestic Princess looking at Explorer Dream:

majestic-bridge0305202003.jpg

sun-bridge03052020.jpg

Sea Princess looking at Spectrum of the Seas

sea-bridge03052020.jpg

Sapphire Princess caught Sea Princess coming back in to Manila Bay after Sea Princess went out to make water.

sapphire-bridge0305202002.jpg

Majestic Princess looking at Costa NeoRomantica arriving in to Manila Bay.

majestic-bridge03052020.jpg

qel0305202002.jpg

p03052020r.jpg

sapphire-bridge03052020.jpg

sea-bridge02052020.jpg

Pacific Aria looking at a Costa ship.

pr03052020.jpg

16 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Are the small ships still around NZ?

Not that I know of . There are still the small tourist boats like the scenic boats at Milford Sound ........but........there are no tourists .😯

2 hours ago, SeaDog-46 said:

With the arrival of Ruby Princess off Manila & Celebrity Solstice heading towards the bay - I count 19 cruise ships there now including the 2 or 3 out for exercise.

SeaDog, you might know the answer to these question's. Thanks in anticipation.

Would there be fees for anchoring in Manila Bay? How long are they able to remain there?