Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Why would they, I cannot see the people who brought the disease onto the ship reimbursing the cruise line? Or the airlines reimbursing the people who brought the people to the ship?, Or China reimbursing the world for infecting the people to start with?

Agreed, it's not like the cruise ships brought the virus to Australia. It's an odd demonization out there, as though cruise ships are some special category to attack.

Being in hospital should be treated the same as any other case, including foreigners who go to Australian hospitals.

Has there been confirmation that crews were dropped off at Bali?

Saw a report that Sun Princess refused permission to land Philippine crew as no where to quarantine them.

Sapphire leading her big stable mate Majestic on way to Manila.

Radiance left Singapore after bunkering & is anchored NW of Port Klang, Malaysia.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SeaDog-46 said:

Saw a report that Sun Princess refused permission to land Philippine crew as no where to quarantine them.

Sapphire leading her big stable mate Majestic on way to Manila.

Radiance left Singapore after bunkering & is anchored NW of Port Klang, Malaysia.

Only seen this one from Crew Centre so far .

https://crew-center.com/sun-princess-filipino-crew-not-allowed-disembark-manila

6 hours ago, SeaDog-46 said:

I have seen quite a few tender tracks for both Spectrum of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas, so I would think the crew got off those ships OK.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SeaDog-46 said:

Good news -  Pacific Explorer,  Queen Elizabeth,  Sun & Sea Princess  have been allowed into Manila Bay & are now anchored off the port of Manila.

Do you know if they are due to stay there or move on after disembarking some crew?

13 hours ago, Ondine said:

This is an interesting link to a story about MSC Magnifica which was briefly in our waters.  Hope I've posted it right!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-52350262

Thank you.  It is an interesting story.  I always felt MSC Magnifica didn't let passengers disembark in Hobart to protect passengers from catching the virus. 

13 hours ago, SeaDog-46 said:

I have not heard anything about them going to other ports.

These 4 ships did not do any ship to ship transfers of crew so they could do some in Manila.

Read in Genting's new cruising guidelines that transfers of crew between ships is to be reduced.  

Its getting busy off Manila Bay, Philippines:

We got Sea Princess, Sun Princess, Queen Elizabeth, Pacific Explorer, Voyager of the Seas, Pacific Dawn, Sapphire Princess, and Majestic Princess!! :O

ships23042020.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Wonder why they have headed there ?

When is typhoon season ?

Google search: "The typhoon season in the Philippines is June to November, but occasionally typhoons occur outside of the typhoon season."

Edited by By The Bay

I still think they are there for several reasons, first they are allowed to hang around there, secondly, it is close to high numbers of their crews for a quick reboarding and then off to Indonesia for many more. thirdly as Asia and Australia/NZ are doing quite well with Covid 19 cases, compared to the US and Europe, they are likely to be ready to cruise earlier in these regions, so they are  fairly close once the all clear has been given.