Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

Australian Cruise Ships Update - 16th April 2022.

Easter Special update.

I have included the location of most of the Aussie fleet who was sailing from Australia during our session (when covid hit) and who we might see down-under this year 2022:

Pacific Explorer - Is currently out of AIS range and is due to arrive in Sydney on 18th April 2022:

Here is her estimated position:

pacificexplorer16042022cruisemapper.thumb.JPG.e8019d76eaa15cb1618c4c8b0f64e97e.JPG

pacificexplorer16042022.thumb.JPG.78d1ec0925027e7d390fda4d86e47dfd.JPG

Cruise ships anchored off Limassol, Cyprus:

Pacific Encounter, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess and a Seabourn and a Costa cruise ships.

limassol-cyprus-cruiseships14042022.jpg

Pacific Adventure - is anchored off Augusta, Italy:

pacificadventure16042022.jpg

Radiance Of The Seas -  Is anchored off Long Beach, California, waiting her turn to restart sailing:

radianceoftheseas14042022.jpg

Carnival Splendor -  Is currently docked in Honolulu, Hawaii, before she heads for Seattle:

carnivalsplendor14042022.jpg

Royal Princess - is still anchored off Long Beach, California:

royalprincess14042022.jpg

Coral Princess - Currently anchored off Great Isaac Cay:

coralprincess16042022.thumb.JPG.28d05dd75b5859936160990aa3abc44e.JPG

Celebrity Solstice - Anchored off San Diego, California:

celebritysolstice14042022.jpg

Celebrity Eclipse - Docked in Los Angeles, California:

celebrityeclipse14042022.jpg

Ovation of the Seas - Is currently anchored off Port Angeles which is near Seattle:

ovationoftheseas14042022.jpg

Today Voyager of the Seas resumes service with passenger. This morning she left Barcelona to start her repositioning cruise to Northern Europe:

voyageroftheseas16042022.thumb.JPG.928119ee92c2a86b6de30e3ea6a24e8e.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For other ships coming to Australia for the summer season:

Quantum of the Seas - left Singapore on Thursday. Currently south of Taiwan heading to Seattle for 4th May restart in Alaska.

Majestic Princess - doing Mexican Riviera, currently returning to LA from Ensenada

Grand Princess - on her way back to the US from Hawaii

Noordam - currently parked near Coral Princess, awaiting a restart on 24th April Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver via Panama Canal, followed by a season In Alaska

Lets hope we have a good restart so that we can see all of those ships here in 6 months

2 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Pacific Explorer - Has come in to AIS range and is she currently of the Gold Coast:

pacificexplorer17042022.jpg

Off Fraser Island at 1:15am. I wasn't real keen to be screen capping at that hour. 😁

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Does Pacific Explorer have the bridgecam running, I had better check.

I was going to say no Les. I know P&O have been trying to have it running for their arrival. There is no link on P&O's site ATM, but one of the cam sites now has this.

webcam.jpg.d6591eceffcc87a5d8c3392c338fd5fe.jpg

It isn't live updating at the moment, but this image is the first update I have seen from that cam in two years.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

I am going out on one of the boats to meet Pacific Explorer at the heads in the morning. So looking forward to her arrival.

Enjoy your morning. I am going to catch up with some friends in Circular Quay to watch her into OPT.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Ponant's Le Laperouse is on her way from Noumea to Darwin ETA 24th April.  Not a large ship but every little bit helps.  Think about 260 passengers.  She will home port Darwin.

image.thumb.png.a9e3dd190d082443ca4442340f72bf0b.png

Yes, a great looking ship. They do all help, and I believe there are strong bookings on her. Dual homeporting between Darwin & Broome. The Kimberley itinerary is really tempting.

• Thanks 1

Ding dong, the witch is dead (but not the Sea Witch). The cruise ship ban finally ended at midnight last night.

One ship in to Sydney today to make a spectacle of it, but this is a whole lot more. All large cruise ships are now allowed in Australian ports. (subject to guidelines for each state)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

Ding dong, the witch is dead (but not the Sea Witch). The cruise ship ban finally ended at midnight last night.

One ship in to Sydney today to make a spectacle of it, but this is a whole lot more. All large cruise ships are now allowed in Australian ports. (subject to guidelines for each state)

I believe Tasweiga has not given the ok for large ships yet.

On 4/15/2022 at 1:10 PM, stki said:

Zoltina-J is a fun cruise director. I havent heard if she will be as cruise director for the Pacific Explorer cruises, though I expect she will be until the other P & O ships arrive in August and October, and then she may move back to her role as Entertainment Director.

Kirsty Fraser is going to be the CD for the resumption on Explorer. That would leave Zoltina as ED

• Like 1

When is the Coral Princess going to leave America and head to Brisbane before its first cruise on the 16th June? As soon as the announcement was made that cruise ban was lifting, the Pacific Explorer went full steam ahead to get down here ASAP. Come on Coral.