Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

I hope Solstice has fared well with her hiatus. I guess she would now be getting prepared for Alaska.

The Solstice's 2022/23 Asia season has just been cancelled, along with the Millienium's Asia season as well.

There goes another of our cruises as we were to cruise Japan and South Korea in October.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The Solstice's 2022/23 Asia season has just been cancelled, along with the Millienium's Asia season as well.

There goes another of our cruises as we were to cruise Japan and South Korea in October.

Yes..,here we go again..,we were book on celebrity for a Japan cruise in April 23..,,this was the 3rd Japan cancellation.

i think as their boat was to return to the US via Russia they are not taking any chances.

the last time we were in St Petersburg there were 6/cruise ships there!   Can you imagine the lost of income and jobs in that area!

6 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Yes..,here we go again..,we were book on celebrity for a Japan cruise in April 23..,,this was the 3rd Japan cancellation.

i think as their boat was to return to the US via Russia they are not taking any chances.

the last time we were in St Petersburg there were 6/cruise ships there!   Can you imagine the lost of income and jobs in that area!

The Japan cruise was using FCCs which was the 3rd attempt at using them from previous cruises which got cancelled, late 2020, and 2 in late 2021and now this one.

As for Russia, I am not sure they played much part in the 2022/23 Asia cruise season being cancelled by X. But yes, Russia will be missing the tourism $s

Pacific Adventure left Cyprus for Italy yesterday. The reason they gave me when they cancelled my Adventure booking was that Explorer was ready to go and that Adventure & Encounter both had modifications yet to be completed, with specific mention of the water slides. I presume that is what they have lined-up in Italy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Hopefully Pacific Explorer will ping a AIS station soon! 🤞

That pommy 2nd officer Alf ? who was posting, is he on Pacific Explorer, one of the P&O Straya ships anyway. Not heard from him for yonks.

2 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Hopefully Pacific Explorer will ping a AIS station soon! 🤞

Lot looking likely. She stayed well wide of Thursday Island and missed a possible ping there. It looks like she is heading for the Asia to East Coast shipping lane, so is not going to ping passing Cairns either. She is close to PNG, but is she misses a ping from Port Moresby tonight, she will be in the terrestrial shadows until the Sunshine Coast on Saturday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

That pommy 2nd officer Alf ? who was posting, is he on Pacific Explorer, one of the P&O Straya ships anyway. Not heard from him for yonks.

Alfie Smith Les. I haven't seen anything from him since just before Christmas. He passed his marine master's certificate.

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Thursday Island on a Wednesday, they could have planned that a bit better

Dora the Explorer didn't sail near Thursday Island she passed north of Hammond (Kerriri) Island then north of Wensday Island. 😇Screenshot_20220414-060712_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c75034c86c2d3d4e0192b5bf67ecbd6f.jpg

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That's the usual shipping channel. You can see Thursday Island from the ship.

Like I said Dora was closer to kerriri and Wensday Island than to Thursday Island.