Canceling by letting final payment day come and go?

Spideysmum

I know this sounds silly, but I booked two cabins under the no deposit Best Sale Ever event in February I booked through a TA . I’ve also had booked a river cruise that was cancelled. Tomorrow I’m calling TA to take advantage of rebooking under the new terms Of river cruise company

Since she also booked our Princess Cruise...I need to cancel because daughter and boyfriend absolutely do not ever want to be stuck on a cruise ship and 2) husband says never again . Le Sigh

Since the TA is probably overwhelmed by cancellations and this truly cuts into her income...would there be any harm in simply not making the final payment next December? I’ll lose the trip insurance I know, port fees and TA admin fee...but can this be done? I’m just feeling bad about everything and prefer to just fade away Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since you are calling the TA to re-book the River Cruise, you might as well work with him/her to cancel your Princess cruise at the same time.

By the way, there are many good TAs who do not charge administrative fees when you cancel a booking.

If your were not calling the TA at this busy time to work with the River Cruise, then you would have several months to call at a less busy time to cancel the Princess cruise.

• Like 1

As a TA, I can tell you that processing a cancellation of a Princess cruise only takes a few minutes tops, and is easily done with a few key strokes on the computer. I think you should cancel the cruise with your TA and let them process it. It is what we do, and I doubt you will be a bother.

Under normal conditions , excluding current virus exception dates.,

once you pass the cruise lines Final Payment Date you begin the Penalty period beginning with loss of deposit .

As suggested , your TA can cancel for you very easily as they don't have to contact Princess , just cancel in in their POLAR system.

Edited by MCC retired

5 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

The few times I used a TA they had my CC on file and took final payment as an auto debit a few days before the due date. I would make sure this won't happen to you.

I would never do business with a TA that had that policy.  Is this common?  My TA always sends me a notification the the final payment date is approaching and it is my responsibility to call her and have her process final payment.

1 minute ago, msmoger said:

I would never do business with a TA that had that policy.  Is this common?  My TA always sends me a notification the the final payment date is approaching and it is my responsibility to call her and have her process final payment.

Also, all my TA payments are direct to Princess Cruises - not the agency.

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

The few times I used a TA they had my CC on file and took final payment as an auto debit a few days before the due date. I would make sure this won't happen to you.

You can call your cc company and block payment to the cruise line if you are afraid of this happening.

But, just cancelling is probably the best and easiest way to cancel the cruise.

Same here

All my payments over the years have been to my TA This booking on Princess has no cruise deposit, however I will lose my insurance booked through the TA as well as her agency fee

S’ok Things are evolving rapidly and while I’m getting the full river cruise payment in the form of a FCC plus the insurance is being rolled over I just haven’t decided on replacement yet

It’s unlikely I’ll be able to talk daughter and boyfriend out of current mindset Same with husband I’ve got time to see what happens I did hint this morning to TA about cancellation

Thanks, everyone for your input [emoji847]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1 hour ago, msmoger said:

Mine does this, which I prefer. We let them know any time we book that we want it processed this way. They have our credit card information on file so that they can make a payment to the cruise line whenever I email them to do so and to do final payment as well. They process final payent about a week before it's actually due so that if there is a problem, we don't lose out on the cruise. I get an email notification that it's going to be done then of course have my on-line credit card information showing that it took place.

I'm not sure what the policy is if this isn't set up in advance, though.