Ports Closed to Cruise Ships

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on Southampton.............

Queen Vic is headng back up Southampton Water after her exercise period in the Channel. But Ventura, Britannia , Azura, and a squatter (Allure of the Seas) are occupying all the cruise terminals. Serves Queen Vic right for grossly exceeding the one hour per day that we're all allowed out of our homes. Mebbe she'll be sent in disgrace to join Marella Celebration at anchorage near the Nab Tower.

I think Arcadia is the last of the stragglers finishing a cruise with passengers - just entering the English Channel off Brittany, so she'll be home tomorrow morning.

I envisage Parking Wars tomorrow :classic_biggrin:

JB :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Don't forget QM2 still on the way.

Yes, heading up the west African coast.

But does she still have passengers?

BTW - Queen Vic has now squeezed into Titanic's old berth, opposite Britannia

And Marella Celebration is now well south of her Nab Tower anchorage, and described on AIS as "drifting". Did the captain forget to use the handbrake?  :classic_tongue:

14 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Yes, around 240, those who were unable to fly home from Fremantle.

That the QM2 has over two hundred passengers physically unable to get on an aeroplane is an indictment of the poor state of health of many cruise passengers; something that surely will have to be stopped for the future, with some sort of health screening during the booking process, as and when the industry resumes.

• Like 1

There is a long discussion about this on the HAL board called " Fit to cruise"

When/if cruising resumes, and it is mandated that cruise lines follow the no  pre-existing rules the CLIA  set up prior to the shutdown, are cruise lines giving refunds for passengers that cannot get pass the screening? I know I read somewhere that some Cruise lines were issuing FCC. I have type 1 diabetes. My condition will never go away and my husband has COPD so that disqualifies both of us. I understand to a point why the rules were put into place, however to not allow me to travel, and keep my money seems wrong. FCC has a time limit to use, but my condition will never go away, so it is worthless. Your thoughts?

This could be a slippery slope.

22 hours ago, John Bull said:

I think Arcadia is the last of the stragglers finishing a cruise with passengers - just entering the English Channel off Brittany, so she'll be home tomorrow morning.

I envisage Parking Wars tomorrow :classic_biggrin:

All sorted, with no fisticuffs :classic_smile:

Allure of the Seas appears to have been deported, heading west out of the English Channel (heading home?), and Arcadia has taken over over that parking space.

But QM2 iis now about 3 days from Southampton - still with some of her passengers - so there'll be another round of Musical Berths.

Meanwhile, for whatever reason Oceana has left Dover and is meandering aimlessly along with Marella Celebration in the Channel south of the Isle of Wight.

Will another cruise ship nip into Dover and pinch her berth ???

Watch this space 

Amazing what you can find on t'internet:

OCEANA  is en route to the port of Dover, sailing at a speed of 8.3 knots and expected to arrive there on Apr 14, 06:00.

MARELLA CELEBRATION is DRIFTING South of the IOW, sailing at a speed of 1.1 knots 

MARELLA DISCOVERY 2 is at North East Atlantic Ocean en route to the port of Southampton, sailing at a speed of 14.1 knots and expected to arrive there on Apr 17, 06:00.

VIKING SKY is at North East Atlantic Ocean is en route to the port of Portsmouth, sailing at a speed of 16.5 knots and expected to arrive there on Apr 16, 05:00.

ALLURE OF THE SEAS is at North East Atlantic Ocean en route to the port of Southampton, sailing at a speed of 19.1 knots and expected to arrive there on Apr 22, 06:00.

That's just a few at random until I got bored

https://www.marinevesseltraffic.com/2013/06/vessel-cruise-finder.html?full_screen=yes

Edited by Bob++

6 hours ago, ski ww said:

There is a long discussion about this on the HAL board called " Fit to cruise"

When/if cruising resumes, and it is mandated that cruise lines follow the no  pre-existing rules the CLIA  set up prior to the shutdown, are cruise lines giving refunds for passengers that cannot get pass the screening? I know I read somewhere that some Cruise lines were issuing FCC. I have type 1 diabetes. My condition will never go away and my husband has COPD so that disqualifies both of us. I understand to a point why the rules were put into place, however to not allow me to travel, and keep my money seems wrong. FCC has a time limit to use, but my condition will never go away, so it is worthless. Your thoughts?

This could be a slippery slope.

This is exactly what I have been trying to tell people, including the cruise lines. FCC is a joke.

I also feel this is discriminatory; i.e.  how many people do you think have your same two conditions

and UNDER the age of 70? 

Allure OTS was out on her jollies last week, prowling around the Bristol Channel for longer than the Ventura/Britannia etc tank cleaning times. It looks like she's doing it again, until they decide where Arcadia and  QM2 are to dock. 

Aurora had a brief spin out of Dover last week.

All Fred O's are safely in Rosyth.

Yes, Marella Celebration's "home" is at anchorage off the Nab Tower - but she goes walkabout from time to time (permitted daily exercise?)

Oceana & Aurora's homes seem to be Dover - when they go off to empty tanks they take it in turns, presumably to stop squatters moving in. 

Yes, Fred's four ships are at anchor in the Firth of Forth, grouped together but maintaining social distancing.

Allure of the Seas is mooching around the Irish Sea after being evicted from over-crowded Southampton - Ventura, Azura, Britannia, Arcadia and Queen Vic are there at the moment. Allure staying in European waters in the hope of some cruises later in the summer?

Columbus is passing the Cherbourg peninsula en-route to Tilbury, still with her passengers. Should arrive tomorrow morning.

QM2 is just north of the Canaries en-route to Southampton, but doesn't seem to be in any hurry.

Any more stragglers still to return to the UK ?