Is anyone’s FCC showing in their account yet?

amajaa

2 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

I should have mentioned that the FCC we got was for the May 9 leg (15 days) and not for the earlier April 11  42 day leg.  So clearly they are not processing in sailing date order.

Oops.  I was wrong.  I forgot that half would show up in my DH's account.  The FCCs we got were from our earlier cruise, April 11.

4 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Oops.  I was wrong.  I forgot that half would show up in my DH's account.  The FCCs we got were from our earlier cruise, April 11.

Ours is actually split across me, wife, 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters regardless of it all being our dime.  We're going from 2 mini-suites to 3 verandas and adding 1 boyfriend.  Everyone except the boyfriend has FCC.  No idea how that's going to shake out.

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

I may be in the same situation for future cruises.  We're booked for September, December  and next April but this past Tuesday I was tentatively diagnosed with type2 diabetes based on high glucose.  So 65, HBP, overweight and diabetes put me at high risk.  But I've lost 18 lbs in the past 6 weeks, HBP is under control and if I can get the glucose down perhaps that will be enough.

You go!!  Keep at it and health will be better, even if cruising is off the table for now.

After our April 4 Sky Princess voyage was paused I submitted Princess form requesting Option 2 (100% refund and 25% FCC. The 25% FCC is now posted to my Captain Circle account. Refund back to the original form of payment remains outstanding.

• Thanks 1

Ours was split with half into my account and the balance to my wife's account. Since we have always booked and worked through one account, I had to open a new account for her - and there was her half.

Ours came 4/23 for our 4/11 cruise that was cancelled on 3/12

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2020 at 10:56 AM, mcrimmins said:

Ours was split with half into my account and the balance to my wife's account. Since we have always booked and worked through one account, I had to open a new account for her - and there was her half.

Ours came 4/23 for our 4/11 cruise that was cancelled on 3/12

That's about the same timing as our 4/12 cruise.

Today we got a final cancellation email from Princess for the daughter/granddaughters share of our April 12 cruise.  It's a simple accounting and I expect to get one for our share in the next day or so.  To me, this is an indication that Princess is progressing and that we might expect our CC refunds shortly (depending on your meaning of shortly 🙃). 

2 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

I just want to make sure that I am looking in the right place to hopefully find my FCC one of these days.  Is it under "My Profile" then would I click on "Captain Circle Account"?

Yes,  circle savings account  It will show up when they give it to you. An email to follow to your TA shortly after 

We received our FCC this week. I called today because I couldn't find the money for vacation protection, transfers, taxes and port expenses. They had applied my old airfare to a new cruise I have booked. My call was answered within 15 minutes. I was put on hold a few times to check on questions I asked. Those items are kept separate and they were going to send me a refund check for it, but I had them apply it to my new cruise. Those items can't be paid for from FCC and don't apply to FCC. They will mail a check for what is left. The bonus 50% FCC can be used onboard for excursions or other things, not just cruise fare. Donella, the rep., did a great job and I think Princess has handled this pretty well under the circumstances. I don't know why nothing was done for 30 days, but I'm happy. I just hope my September cruise happens! BTW, while they are working on your FCC, you may have an additional cruise show up as a bookmark. While they worked on mine the z ship cruise showed the original cruise fare. Then 150% of that was split between my husband and me. You need to check under all cruisers. 

Edited by back to the islands
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, back to the islands said:

The bonus 50% FCC can be used onboard for excursions or other things, not just cruise fare.

I'll have to remember this because the rep we talked to was explicit about having to use the remainder for a future cruise fare.

This from the Princess FAQ:

Can I use my FCC to pay for more than one cruise?
Yes. If the amount of your credit is greater than the cruise fare of your new booking, you can apply the remaining FCC balance on additional future bookings up to the expiration date.

Don't see anything about using the remainder for anything onboard.  I do hope you are right, though.

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I'll have to remember this because the rep we talked to was explicit about having to use the remainder for a future cruise fare.

This from the Princess FAQ:

Can I use my FCC to pay for more than one cruise?
Yes. If the amount of your credit is greater than the cruise fare of your new booking, you can apply the remaining FCC balance on additional future bookings up to the expiration date.

Don't see anything about using the remainder for anything onboard.  I do hope you are right, though.

You are correct. In the personalizer it says FCC cannot be used for transfer, flight, excursions 

• Like 1

She said only the bonus FCC could be used for that, not the original 100%. I asked because I had read just that. She also said things have changed since this started in the last month, had to verify things a couple of times. This was one of the things she verified.

Edited by back to the islands

19 minutes ago, back to the islands said:

She said only the bonus FCC could be used for that, not the original 100%. I asked because I had read just that. She also said things have changed since this started in the last month, had to verify things a couple of times. This was one of the things she verified.

Like I said, I hope you are right.  Our last rep conversation was all the way back on April 22 which is a long time ago in this process.  My wife and I each have $469 remaining from our 150% and we'd much rather use it on board than for another cruise.

The really interesting part for us is that we are going from 6 in 2 mini-suites and have rebooked in December as 7 in 3 balconies.  We've already applied our FCC but 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters are across 2 Balconies with #7 in one (he's on his own dime).  It sounds like the the FCC follows the person.  If that's the case I hope Princess will, for example, apply the FCC for the 3 in one balcony to cover it then somehow distribute the balance.  Plan to wait until August to call to do that.

We talked to our favorite Princess rep today because we couldn't locate our granddaughters' FCC.  We had reconfigured from 2 minisuites to 3 balconies and added a boyfriend.  Our rep located all the unapplied FCC for the 6 of us and applied it.  I can now see everything.  In the process I asked her again about using any remainder and she still said only for future cruises, period. 

So my wife and I upgraded to a minisuite by ourselves and that used up nearly all of our FCC.  Unfortunately, we couldn't figure out an advantageous way the reconfigure the rest of the family +1.  Because of the way FCC is applied, 1 daughter and one grandaughter come up short.  Another daughter and granddaughter will be left with several hundred remaining.  +1 is on his own dime.

Booked the Caribbean Princess for June 5, 2021 and I used my FCC which was a full cruise price paid on the cancelled cruise plus from me $20.00 plus I paid the tax&port. So this was basically a FREE cruise. Still waiting for the full refund. The FCC was in addition to the refund.

• Like 2

I have to give high praise to the Princess Reps we have worked with so far.  From helping locate our minor granddaughters' FCC to helping us reconfigure from 3 balconies to 3 mini-suites when a boyfriend was added to the mix, the reps were very understanding, friendly and efficient.  This is only our second cruise with Princess so I'm not as familiar with their website as I am with others so I really needed the help.  In the end we are booked into 3 midship mini-suites with Princess Plus using about 90% of our FCC.  Now we wait for the CC refund  and hope that we can use the remaining bonus FCC onboard - that would be the icing on the cake.

KUDOS to the Princess Reps for helping us through these times!!  🥇🥇🥇