Is anyone’s FCC showing in their account yet?

amajaa

Mine showed the Future Cruise Credit for the Future Cruise Booking that I applied against the cruise that was cancelled.   Now it has disappeared. 

I think this just happened overnight.  I have been looking at future cruises and went in yesterday to look at my account.

I keep seeing these posts and questions as if people are worried or not sure Princess will actually give the FCC for cancelled cruises.  Give them a bit of time.  Princess is doing their best to support customers and survive this contagion.  I trust them to do their job and what they said.  Don't you?

• Like 2

I keep seeing these posts and questions as if people are worried or not sure Princess will actually give the FCC for cancelled cruises.  Give them a bit of time.  Princess is doing their best to support customers and survive this contagion.  I trust them to do their job and what they said.  Don't you?

To be perfectly honest, in this environment no, I do not trust them! I have canceled two cruises in the past 8 days and understand the overload of cancellations they must be dealing with. But, they have been sitting on my final payments for months and I am concerned that refunds and FCC could all be a moot point if this crisis leads to their bankruptcy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, blackwd said:

To be perfectly honest, in this environment no, I do not trust them! I have canceled two cruises in the past 8 days and understand the overload of cancellations they must be dealing with. But, they have been sitting on my final payments for months and I am concerned that refunds and FCC could all be a moot point if this crisis leads to their bankruptcy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And if you don't trust them, then why would the posting of $X FCC to your account help?  Surely you will wake up each morning and sign in to see if it is still there? 😎

I think it wasn’t the fact the amount isn’t showing up yet, because I think that will take a while to show. It was more the fact the whole section where it used to show has disappeared. If there was none to show it used to say zero, now it just isn’t there at all.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Exactly. They had just cancelled all the Diamond and Sapphire cruises previous to this. They have a lot on their plate. I have no doubt they are working massive overtime.

I too am concerned about cruise refund.  Princess has a large sum of our money from April 4 cruise they cancelled....cannot help but be nervous.  We've had no paper trail and that's probably what makes me most unsettled....  Called once and was told to be patient. Yikes.

We all have the right to have our disappointments acknowledged, but to put it in perspective, I am more concerned about the $300,000 loss in my 401K and IRA, than I am about the $6000 loss of my canceled cruise.  We will get the money/credits back, or we won't.  Either way it's out of our control.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Tophat4321 said:

Hi Party.. we met on a Mexican cruise in dec 2018.  I am waiting on refund for April 18th cruise to Mexico and have a cruise to Alaska in May. 

Hi back to you.  That was birthday cruise for my dad, aunt and myself.  Good times! 

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

Anyone have any idea how the FCC is calculated?  My wife is trying to guesstimate and has heard that it is done on the base fare plus prepaid gratuities, drink packages, etc.  Not including taxes, port fees and the like.

When Princess sent us the Email a few days ago, asking for our selection of Options 1 or 2, they defined the FCC as:

image.png.d6664801072dd3e5d573418f73d0e4a9.png

2 hours ago, partybarbie said:

We all have the right to have our disappointments acknowledged, but to put it in perspective, I am more concerned about the $300,000 loss in my 401K and IRA, than I am about the $6000 loss of my canceled cruise.  We will get the money/credits back, or we won't.  Either way it's out of our control.  

You got that one right! I'm just not looking at investments right now, since it's beyond my control.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

When Princess sent us the Email a few days ago, asking for our selection of Options 1 or 2, they defined the FCC as:

That's more detailed that what we got on March 12.  Ours simply said '150% future cruise credit'.  I also noticed today that instead of allowing about 30 for them to process this the FAQ has 8 weeks.  Thanks.

12 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

That's more detailed that what we got on March 12.  Ours simply said '150% future cruise credit'.  I also noticed today that instead of allowing about 30 for them to process this the FAQ has 8 weeks.  Thanks.

Actually, I erroneously said it was from the March 12 Email, when it was actually from the online FCC request form linked to by the Email. And like you, I sure don't expect to have them processed too quickly, though I admit I would like to see some detailed examples of exactly how they do their FCC number crunching.

Hypothetically, let's say I had a  ticket invoiced at $1600 +$160 in taxes. Add to that $80 in pre-paid internet. Based on their description, I would expect an FCC of $1600, and a refund (to the original credit card?) of $240.  This ticket came with  3 OBCs of Booze package, Gratuities and Coupon Book, plus a few extra Princess and TA gifted OBCs and those are of course gone. Add to this, my selected Option 1 FCC of 75% would bring the total FCC to $1600+ ($1600*.75) for a total FCC of $2800.

7 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Actually, I erroneously said it was from the March 12 Email, when it was actually from the online FCC request form linked to by the Email. And like you, I sure don't expect to have them processed too quickly, though I admit I would like to see some detailed examples of exactly how they do their FCC number crunching.

Hypothetically, let's say I had a  ticket invoiced at $1600 +$160 in taxes. Add to that $80 in pre-paid internet. Based on their description, I would expect an FCC of $1600, and a refund (to the original credit card?) of $240.  This ticket came with  3 OBCs of Booze package, Gratuities and Coupon Book, plus a few extra Princess and TA gifted OBCs and those are of course gone. Add to this, my selected Option 1 FCC of 75% would bring the total FCC to $1600+ ($1600*.75) for a total FCC of $2800.

That fits our logic.  I've never seen any mention of that extra 25%, though.  Seeing that you are from Montreal I wonder if that might be applicable to Canada but not US.  

9 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

That fits our logic.  I've never seen any mention of that extra 25%, though.  Seeing that you are from Montreal I wonder if that might be applicable to Canada but not US.  

Not sure what you mean by "...extra 25%" The original Email from Princess had numerous different "offers" of 50%, 75%, 100% even 225%, depending on which option you select, and when your cancelled was to have sailed. Our trip on the Sky was to have sailed on April 4, so that put our option 1 selection as a 100% FCC for the cancelled cruise, plus an extra 75%. Being from Canada simply means we pay a lot more than US citizens for the same cruise, but I don't think it makes any difference in this case, in calculating the FCCs.

4 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Not sure what you mean by "...extra 25%" The original Email from Princess had numerous different "offers" of 50%, 75%, 100% even 225%, depending on which option you select, and when your cancelled was to have sailed. Our trip on the Sky was to have sailed on April 4, so that put our option 1 selection as a 100% FCC for the cancelled cruise, plus an extra 75%. Being from Canada simply means we pay a lot more than US citizens for the same cruise, but I don't think it makes any difference in this case, in calculating the FCCs.

The original form we used had:

Your Departure Date In 2020 Option 1: Transfer Money Paid + Bonus Future Cruise Credit (higher value) Option 2: Refund + Future Cruise Credit (lower value)
March 12 - March 25 225% future cruise credit 100% refund + 100% future cruise credit
March 26 - April 8th 175% future cruise credit 100% refund + 50% future cruise credit
April 9th – May 10th 150% future cruise credit 100% refund + 25% future cruise credit

For us, Option 1 sailing on April 12 was simply 150% FCC with know real explanation.  Now when I select the form I see the same as you.

For example, my base fare is $996 - checkmark #1.  $996 * 50% = $498 - checkmark #2.  $996 * 25% = $249 - checkmark #3.

Total FCC for me  $996 + $498 + $249 = $1,743.  Prepaid gratuities, drink packages get refunded to our CC.

6 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

The offers refer to the different sail dates. Please see the following.

First. With every cancellation.. Anything you purchased and paid for, specialty dining, excursions tax etc will be refunded to your credit card. The offers are for the cruise purchase cost only.

There are 2 offers for those that were sailing between march 12 and march 25

Offer 1 You will receive a FCC of 225% of the cost of the cruise itself.

Offer 2 You will receive a refund in the amount of everything the cruise cost back to the charge card.

Plus A FCC in the amount of the cruise cost itself.

Every FCC MUST be used and you MUST sail prior to May 1, 2021 or you lose it.

Your April 4th cruise you will receive everything back on your charge card plus a FCC of 50% of the cost of the cruise itself. Let us say you paid $2,500.00 for the cruise itself. You will get 50% of it as FCC. or $1,250.00

Your Departure Date In 2020 Option 1: Transfer Money Paid + Bonus Future Cruise Credit (higher value) Option 2: Refund + Future Cruise Credit (lower value)
March 12 - March 25 225% future cruise credit 100% refund + 100% future cruise credit
March 26 - April 8th 175% future cruise credit 100% refund + 50% future cruise credit
April 9th – May 10th 150% future cruise credit 100% refund + 25% future cruise credit

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

The offers refer to the different sail dates. Please see the following.

First. With every cancellation.. Anything you purchased and paid for, specialty dining, excursions tax etc will be refunded to your credit card. The offers are for the cruise purchase cost only.

There are 2 offers for those that were sailing between march 12 and march 25

Offer 1 You will receive a FCC of 225% of the cost of the cruise itself.

Offer 2 You will receive a refund in the amount of everything the cruise cost back to the charge card.

Plus A FCC in the amount of the cruise cost itself.

Every FCC MUST be used and you MUST sail prior to May 1, 2021 or you lose it.

Your April 4th cruise you will receive everything back on your charge card plus a FCC of 50% of the cost of the cruise itself. Let us say you paid $2,500.00 for the cruise itself. You will get 50% of it as FCC. or $1,250.00

You may want to revisit the form link in our original email.  Things have changed.