Is anyone’s FCC showing in their account yet?

amajaa

25 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Did you cancel or did Princess cancel you?  Unless my memory is totally gone the Princess cancellations started March 12.  If you cancelled  a week earlier that may be problematic.

We cancelled on March 5th and Princess did the cancellations on March 6th. They have told us 60 days but the question is from where?  Why would it be problematic? 

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I'm not terribly worried about the CC refund yet.  They are 2 very different transactions.  The FCC is completely internal to Princess while the CC refund is external.  If nothing else, Princess would have to initiate the refund then the CC company has to process it.  I wouldn't be surprised to not see it hit our CC for at least one statement cycle.

My post was a statement to reassure others and not a complaint.

5 minutes ago, trrn2016 said:

We cancelled on March 5th and Princess did the cancellations on March 6th. They have told us 60 days but the question is from where?  Why would it be problematic? 

The COVID-19 related cancellation process started March 12.  If you cancelled on March 5 you would fall under their normal cancellation policy, would you not.

8 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

The COVID-19 related cancellation process started March 12.  If you cancelled on March 5 you would fall under their normal cancellation policy, would you not.

As long as the sailing was part of those that Princess later cancelled, they are included. There are a few of us on here in that category and still waiting - I am wondering if they have fallen between the cracks since we cancelled rather than Princess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

As long as the sailing was part of those that Princess later cancelled, they are included. There are a few of us on here in that category and still waiting - I am wondering if they have fallen between the cracks since we cancelled rather than Princess.

That is correct that we are included. However, I called Princess and they say I am in the process and they say I have not fallen thru the cracks. We shall see. It is very confusing!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I've kept every communication I've gotten from Princess on this mess.  Could be I missed this since we weren't in that pickle.  Sorry if I added to the confusion.  It does seem that folks are getting their FCC within a couple of days of their cruise end date, so that could be something to focus on.

Princess cancelled our April 11 sail date and on March 12 I filled out the form for the 150% future cruise credit. 

We received the cruise cost plus the 50% FFC in our account today. 

I called Princess to inquire about the port taxes and vacations protection we paid and was told that amount will be a credit to the credit card we used and it could take up to 60 days because they are doing them manually. 

Hope this info helps. 

I have faith Princess will follow through with the refund. 

Everyone stay healthy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am very concerned that only FCC are coming through.  When they calculate the FCC it would seem to make sense to issue the credit card refund at the same time.  I could have missed it, but I am not seeing reports of any refunds. FCC is easy for Princess to give away but the absence of money back raises questions about why the money isn’t flowing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Carnevale said:

I am very concerned that only FCC are coming through.  When they calculate the FCC it would seem to make sense to issue the credit card refund at the same time.  I could have missed it, but I am not seeing reports of any refunds. FCC is easy for Princess to give away but the absence of money back raises questions about why the money isn’t flowing.

I have seen posts of folks getting their refunds.  I firmly believe that everything is keyed off your sailing dates and it seems folks are getting their FCC a few days after their ending date.  My wife tells me she saw a post indicating that the refund portion is being place in a pot for separate processing.  From an IT perspective that makes sense - enter the refund in a bucket, sort by something like CC company then batch process them.  A 60 delay from that point seems a bit excessive but I'm not expecting to see our refund for at least one CC statement cycle.  That would take us to late May at this point.

9 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

They went back and said anyone who cancelled from February 4 (I think) would also be included.

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

I have seen posts of folks getting their refunds.  I firmly believe that everything is keyed off your sailing dates and it seems folks are getting their FCC a few days after their ending date.  

I have not seen posts of people getting refunds who cancelled in the March 12 timeframe.  And the FCC's being issued seem to be haphazard in terms of sailing dates - I have seen April 11, May 9 - noticed because there were the dates of our planned B2B. We just received - must have come in overnight because it was not there yesterday - the FCC for our May 9 cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

It might be coincidental - but I did call Princess yesterday.  Wonder if that had anything to do with our getting the FCC for one of our cruises just now.

Interesting...we were booked on 2 cruises for May--the 1st was leaving May 9th from LA...we cancelled 3/11 (day before Princess pulled the plug, so to speak....perhaps I'll try calling and see what happens.  😉

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

I have seen posts of folks getting their refunds.  I firmly believe that everything is keyed off your sailing dates and it seems folks are getting their FCC a few days after their ending date.  My wife tells me she saw a post indicating that the refund portion is being place in a pot for separate processing.  From an IT perspective that makes sense - enter the refund in a bucket, sort by something like CC company then batch process them.  A 60 delay from that point seems a bit excessive but I'm not expecting to see our refund for at least one CC statement cycle.  That would take us to late May at this point.

Well that can’t be correct as we have seen nothing of our FCC For 13th March to 28th March.

2 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

It might be coincidental - but I did call Princess yesterday.  Wonder if that had anything to do with our getting the FCC for one of our cruises just now.

I should have mentioned that the FCC we got was for the May 9 leg (15 days) and not for the earlier April 11  42 day leg.  So clearly they are not processing in sailing date order.

15 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Well that can’t be correct as we have seen nothing of our FCC For 13th March to 28th March.

That just means the theory is not correct for you.  The exception to the rule.  I've seen a few posts relating to B2Bs - perhaps that's a different process?

4 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I should have mentioned that the FCC we got was for the May 9 leg (15 days) and not for the earlier April 11  42 day leg.  So clearly they are not processing in sailing date order.

Those I've seen that have conformed to the sailing date idea have all been single leg cruises.  At least here, you and amajaa are working with multi-legs. Perhaps there is a processing difference with those?  Kind of like when the IRS made a mistake loading our return many years ago and it literally went into a room to be manually handled much later.

3 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

I have not seen posts of people getting refunds who cancelled in the March 12 timeframe. 

I haven't seen very many people that chose option #2 that have gotten their refunds yet either.  I do have a friend that was on the Grand Princess cruise in February that went into quarantine.  She stated her refund was rather immediate!  But, other than those early refunds, I haven't seen posts of credit card refunds from the mass complete suspension of operations.  This forum represents a small percentage of those that actually book cruises so maybe there are others out there that have seen some refunds.  BTW, refunds to me indicate 'money returned to the form of payment' (as it appears you are, too) and not compensation by way of FCCs.  I'm not sure if everyone is speaking the same language here when referring to 'refunds'.  

I just got my FCC credit for my April 4th cruise that was canceled but, still have not received my FCD back into my account or any credit card reimbursement (or the value placed back onto my gift cards as of yet).  

\

• Like 2

Agreed that an FCC credit is NOT a refund.  I will not be happy until we hear that folks who cancelled (or were cancelled) in the March 12th timeframe are getting credits to their original form of payment.  Credit cards, check, etc.

At this point the only reason I care about the FCC is that it shows Princess is doing SOMETHING.  With all this talk about people over 70, with "chronic" conditions,  being unwelcome, it may be that we never sail again.  We do have a cruise booked in November.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Agreed that an FCC credit is NOT a refund.  I will not be happy until we hear that folks who cancelled (or were cancelled) in the March 12th timeframe are getting credits to their original form of payment.  Credit cards, check, etc.

At this point the only reason I care about the FCC is that it shows Princess is doing SOMETHING.  With all this talk about people over 70, with "chronic" conditions,  being unwelcome, it may be that we never sail again.  We do have a cruise booked in November.

I may be in the same situation for future cruises.  We're booked for September, December  and next April but this past Tuesday I was tentatively diagnosed with type2 diabetes based on high glucose.  So 65, HBP, overweight and diabetes put me at high risk.  But I've lost 18 lbs in the past 6 weeks, HBP is under control and if I can get the glucose down perhaps that will be enough.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Talk about the over 70 is not in the Princess guidelines, although I've seen it in the guidelines of other cruise lines.  I think it is more about people in that age group having more underlying health conditions but, they've cleaned up the language on that a bit to only include passengers (of all ages) with severe underlying chronic health conditions and those that either show flu like symptoms or those that have been recently exposed to someone with CoVid-19.  Well, that last restriction could be pretty much anybody that's even gone to the grocery store at this point as so very many people are asymptomatic.  

I think as this world wide situation dies down (whenever that might be), those restrictions will be lifted.  

We are to receive a refund in the amount of the cruise plus the tax and port plus the soda package I purchased.  Nothing back to our charge card at this time. However, I do have the FCC for the amount of the cruise that I am able to use now. It has not been entered to my Captains Circle credit though. My TA gave me that info when she was checking on another cruise for me.

6 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

We are to receive a refund in the amount of the cruise plus the tax and port plus the soda package I purchased.  Nothing back to our charge card at this time. However, I do have the FCC for the amount of the cruise that I am able to use now. It has not been entered to my Captains Circle credit though. My TA gave me that info when she was checking on another cruise for me.

Must have just happened. Our FCC is now in my Captains circle accounts. No refund as of today.

• Thanks 1