for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Melody - gosh I'm so sorry about the dental issue.  I hope this one takes care of it for once and for all.  

I'll have to watch the Bobby & Giada show, if for nothing else but to get little glimpses of Italy.  My one niece just turned me onto "My Unorthodox Life" on Netflix.  A true series about a woman brought up in an ultra orthodox commune in New York, leaves it and becomes hugely successful.  Her kids are split - 3 also left but are in different states of "orthodoxy" and one is staunchly still in he commune.  Never knew that anyone could drop the "F" bombs as much as they do, though.  But very interesting to me from a Sociological perspective - it explains a lot of what I wondered about with all the ultra orthodox I dealt with in 2 of my hotels (one was the owner of one of them).  I ended up binging the entire first season.

Yep, lots of "stuff" happening.  I'm not surprised at what's happened - I knew it would eventually.  I'm just shocked at the absolute speed it happened.  It just reminds me of the "stuff" that happened back in the 60s and early 70s.  And, it looks like I'll still be using my stockpile of masks...

Our Parleys Canyon Fire has made the CNN website and the little running banner on TV.   About 1500-2000 acres and 0% contained.  They put 3 of the subdivisions on that side on mandatory evacuation.  The wildfire management team bumped its severity up so we now have some of those huge tanker planes dumping retardant over there.  It's about 5 miles away as the crow flies from me.  Lots of nasty smoke and some ash and it smells really bad.  The wind is supposed to blow up-canyon today, which isn't good for the subdivisions - if it goes over the crest of the mountain, it will burn houses.  Locals have banded together in a way that small places will do:  a non-chain hotel is offering rooms for folks, pets included, for 
$35/night.  Private citizens are offering rooms for folks and yards for pets.  Local restaurants are offering free meals for those displaced.  Locals are buying water and Gatorade and taking it to the firefighter staging area.  Our local FB pages are really active with information and offers.  That's so nice to see.   I'm 90% safe, I'll say.  I've got the Interstate between me and the side that the fire is on.  3 of those miles are not trees, as it is now, but just little brush and grasses, so really easy to get to.  It's just a little disconcerting to hear those bomber planes swoop down.  

Today's trip down the canyon is cancelled.  I think I'm just going to hunker down here in the house and try to suck in as little smoke as possible.  

Lois and Cynthia - have a wonderful cruise.  Sometimes those last-minute trips are the best ones!!!

• Like 2

Awfy -

You Said you had problems with implants.  I will probably get them in a month or 2 as they seem to be the only solution for really rotten dental problems.  Can I ask what kind of problems you had?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, awhfy said:

Well, my new tooth implant is failing 😢. I’m having pretty major dental surgery tomorrow with more to come once this heals. I’m pretty bummed. I’ll be fine. Just not happy. 

Lois & cruisemom have fabulous cruises!  Can’t wait for reports & hopefully pictures. Kat, have a great (& safe) camping adventure. Melody

oh, dang Melody, I'm so sorry, that stinks!  Best wishes for fast healing.

Kat, have fun on your camping trip, enjoy the hotel, &  more importantly, stay safe from the fire,  nice to hear about your little community banding together to help one another, we really need more of that...

Lois, safe travels! & happy packing, I'm going to check out your other thread about where to eat in Seattle... we have one night pre cruise, & a couple after, can't wait!

Cynthia, I enjoyed both series, but also enjoyed the Stanley one more... love his little insight into society...

Well, it's been a long, hellacious weekend at the flip house... now I need some rest for regular work tomorrow, lol  night everyone 🙂 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Well, it's been a long, hellacious weekend at the flip house... now I need some rest for regular work tomorrow, lol

I keep meaning to ask if you will please post a few pics when you're done with your flip. Before and after would be fun, but at the least a few "after" ones.  Are you nearing the end?

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I keep meaning to ask if you will please post a few pics when you're done with your flip. Before and after would be fun, but at the least a few "after" ones.  Are you nearing the end?

I will 🙂  we are finally so close, fingers crossed, last day of work should be this Friday 🙂

• Like 1

WOW.....they are sitting in your front yard?

I am all packed......I have a dentist appt tomorrow--just a cleaning. Then I need to go to the bank.

Melody, hope you are doing ok.

Kat, have a fun trip🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

WOW.....they are sitting in your front yard?

I am all packed......I have a dentist appt tomorrow--just a cleaning. Then I need to go to the bank.

Melody, hope you are doing ok.

Kat, have a fun trip🙂

Lois, someone on the Celebrity board is doing a "live" from Alaska....  some of their photos today show the Silver Muse...  such a pretty ship 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Before I leave, I had to post a photo of 2 friends who showed up in my front lawn today.  Have a great week and great trips everyone!!

moose in my yard 2 2021.jpg

Better watch out -- by the time you come back from your trip they will have moved into your house and changed all the locks. 😉

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois, someone on the Celebrity board is doing a "live" from Alaska....  some of their photos today show the Silver Muse...  such a pretty ship 🙂

Good morning, Hi Debbie, yes, I saw that thread..........🙂....she is a beautiful ship.....they are all white and pristine.  And looks ALOT different than the "BIG ONES"........

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 8:46 PM, alidor said:

Awfy -

You Said you had problems with implants.  I will probably get them in a month or 2 as they seem to be the only solution for really rotten dental problems.  Can I ask what kind of problems you had?

I developed an allergy to titanium. The titanium started eating away at my jaw. It is very unusual. My husband has an implant & has had zero problems with it. I had my other implant removed yesterday. Very sore, with many, many stitches from 5 bone grafts but I can already feel a lessening of the pressure. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Before I leave, I had to post a photo of 2 friends who showed up in my front lawn today.  Have a great week and great trips everyone!!

moose in my yard 2 2021.jpg

Hope the fires don’t get too close to you; we’re getting your smoke here. Really feel for the displaced (animal & human)

Thanks everyone or the comments on my on-going saga with the implants. 

As I said to Alidor. I had the other implant removed yesterday. The brand new (zirconium) implant actually fell out of my jaw on Sunday. My dentist was upset that I didn’t call him on Sunday; why, I had an appt on Monday morning. He refunded my entire bill on the new implant!  I no longer have any foreign body anywhere in my body!  My mouth is very sore, 5 bone grafts will do that!  Many stitches, but I can actually say that I really feel better already!  No pressure or throbbing. I can’t chew for several more days, Premier protein drinks are my best friend!

The light at the end of the tunnel doesn’t feel like a train hurtling towards me anymore!!  Melody

• Like 1

Melody, yikes!  That's awful, but I'll bet you're glad to get it out... hopefully there is a solution with less risk for rejection... is it a back spot where you could just go without a tooth?

Ladies, I actually took 20 minutes for myself today lol...  They are filming a Steven Spielberg biography in our little town right now, & I stopped for a bit to watch the filming,  it was pretty cool, we actually get a lot of filming here, but I've never stopped to watch any of it...  then it was back to flip house till 7, just got home & am scarfing down leftovers for dinner (again)  just 3 more days of this, & we hit the market on Saturday!

• Like 1

Hi girls😀 I am sitting at my gate at the airport. I ALWAYS arrive way too early. We have another hour till we board.

But once I got up this morning I just wanted to go😀 Anyway better to be safe than sorry and at 5:45 the traffic is nice and light. (Around here anyway).

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week. Melody, hope the mouth is ok.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, awhfy said:

Thanks everyone or the comments on my on-going saga with the implants. 

As I said to Alidor. I had the other implant removed yesterday. The brand new (zirconium) implant actually fell out of my jaw on Sunday. My dentist was upset that I didn’t call him on Sunday; why, I had an appt on Monday morning. He refunded my entire bill on the new implant!  I no longer have any foreign body anywhere in my body!  My mouth is very sore, 5 bone grafts will do that!  Many stitches, but I can actually say that I really feel better already!  No pressure or throbbing. I can’t chew for several more days, Premier protein drinks are my best friend!

The light at the end of the tunnel doesn’t feel like a train hurtling towards me anymore!!  Melody

Glad you are feeling better!   My dentist has mentioned implants a few times and I have been very hesitant.  Your experience makes me more so!😬

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Melody, yikes!  That's awful, but I'll bet you're glad to get it out... hopefully there is a solution with less risk for rejection... is it a back spot where you could just go without a tooth?

Ladies, I actually took 20 minutes for myself today lol...  They are filming a Steven Spielberg biography in our little town right now, & I stopped for a bit to watch the filming,  it was pretty cool, we actually get a lot of filming here, but I've never stopped to watch any of it...  then it was back to flip house till 7, just got home & am scarfing down leftovers for dinner (again)  just 3 more days of this, & we hit the market on Saturday!

Watching the filming sounds interesting!  I would love to see pictures of your flip, good luck with the housing market!  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls😀 I am sitting at my gate at the airport. I ALWAYS arrive way too early. We have another hour till we board.

But once I got up this morning I just wanted to go😀 Anyway better to be safe than sorry and at 5:45 the traffic is nice and light. (Around here anyway).

You sound like me, I always arrive early as I plan for every possibility of something going wrong.  Hope you have another great cruise!

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Glad you are feeling better!   My dentist has mentioned implants a few times and I have been very hesitant.  Your experience makes me more so!😬

Sherri🙂

If you don’t have a metal allergy they’re fine

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

A very big Bon Voyage to you Lois!!  Safe & happy travels 🙂

-Debbie

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Thanks girls😀I am sitting in the Denver airport waiting for my flight. One more hour to go before boarding. Do you see a pattern?😀1

Id rather wait for a flight than be running thru an airport (especially Denver)