for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi everyone!  Kat & Cynthia:  the open house was actually for a different listing, our flip house is in escrow already & fingers crossed that it goes smoothly 😉

Kat, I miss the days of  wine & hors d'oeuvres at open houses!  They did a featured broker tour & filming at our flip house & had lots of goodies out on the patio...  but for this open house it was all indoors with masks, so no snacks 😞

Cynthia, people on my roll call are so frustrated with the rule changes, & while I agree it's annoying, my feeling for this cruise, is that I just want to go,  will roll with the changes, & be damn grateful to be on a ship!

Lois,  I'm opting for the antigen test as well, seems quicker & easier to access 🙂

• Like 1

We arrived home today about 1130am after 9 days of heaven!  Embarkation was really easy, debarking took about 10 min and there was never a line for anything.  There was only 1200 passengers out of a possible 3000 so we are now spoiled!

Lois, good luck getting your test at a CVS  or Walgreens.  I could not find a single one in Brevard county that had the rapid antigen test and they would not guarantee getting PCR results back in the 3 day window needed at that time.  I finally did find  a CVS with available appointments for the rapid test in Orlando which is an hour drive each way.  Starting 9/13, the test needs to be given no more than 2 days before for both Royal and Celebrity and I’ve read that most of the large cruise lines are switching to this. 

Kat, sounds like planning is underway for your trip and it should be amazing!

Debbie, congrats on selling the house, fingers crossed for a smooth closing!  When are you leaving on your cruise?

As soon as I have finished doing laundry, I am ready to go on another one!

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 2

Good morning girls, for anyone interested (Melody especially) Chico's Off The Rack is having a BIG sale today UP to 60% off everything on line...........you might take a look🙂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls, for anyone interested (Melody especially) Chico's Off The Rack is having a BIG sale today UP to 60% off everything on line...........you might take a look🙂

Lol,I was just getting ready to post this!  My oldest daughter & I did some damage at our local Chicos on Saturday, I’ve been perusing the OTR website 

Happy New Year 

B029DBDF-D78B-42E9-9BC8-55EA18090E07.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi again🙂 You can tell how much I follow the holidays😲.......I had no clue it was the New Year today.

Happy One to all of my tribe mates😉

Cynthia, I was looking at Labor Day Sales on line.........Eileen Fisher is having some as well. (I know you like her stuff).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi again🙂 You can tell how much I follow the holidays😲.......I had no clue it was the New Year today.

Happy One to all of my tribe mates😉

Cynthia, I was looking at Labor Day Sales on line.........Eileen Fisher is having some as well. (I know you like her stuff).

Thanks -- been checking out all the sales this morning. I have to say I have not found as much to like recently in Eileen Fisher. I still buy two styles of her pants whenever I find them on sale, but her knitwear just seems blah compared to what I remember from 4-5 years ago.

I am not sure if it is changing preferences or just due to COVID, but I do most of my shopping online now. The only time I regret it is when I have to take the returns to the post office or UPS, lol. 

With that in mind, does anyone besides me ever get into that mentality where you are looking for something really specific online and you just can't find what you want ANYWHERE??  That's kind of how I feel right now. I am looking for a navy, lightweight (packable) rain jacket for travel -- one that has a hood and is long enough to cover me at least to mid-thigh (so I could sit on something damp if necessary). Of course I'd also like it to have some STYLE to it, not just be a shapeless poncho....

I was hoping to take an (admittedly larger than) capsule wardrobe on my river cruise that was based around navy. But if I can't find a rain jacket it will have to be black. 

Anyone got any leads?   I've looked online at Nordstrom, J Crew, Lands End, Macys, Kohls, Bloomingdales, and Athleta (this one would be a shoo-in if it wasn't lined and came in navy:   https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=631301022&cid=1064721&pcid=1064721&vid=1&cpos=19&cexp=1501&kcid=CategoryIDs%3D1064721&cvar=11273&ctype=Listing&cpid=res21090608925111141952272#pdp-page-content).

Hi, ......nice jacket but  we all have different priorities.....250.00? Yikes. More than I would spend.

But yes, I have gone through the same thing I am sure.......can't think of an item right this minute but yes, have tried to look for something at multiple stores and never found it LOL......I am guessing it probably has happened to all of us.

Have you tried REI?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, ......nice jacket but  we all have different priorities.....250.00? Yikes. More than I would spend.

But yes, I have gone through the same thing I am sure.......can't think of an item right this minute but yes, have tried to look for something at multiple stores and never found it LOL......I am guessing it probably has happened to all of us.

Have you tried REI?

Yeah, but I will keep it for years. (Or at least that is my excuse...! 🤷‍♀️)

I haven't really looked at a lot of the "sportier" stores as I generally like a look that is a bit more city-wear and less athletic inspired. Although I have to admit that Athleta has some stylish stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I am looking for a navy, lightweight (packable) rain jacket for travel -- one that has a hood and is long enough to cover me at least to mid-thigh (so I could sit on something damp if necessary). Of course I'd also like it to have some STYLE to it, not just be a shapeless poncho...

Anyone got any leads?   

It’s not a solid navy but a navy stripe. Maybe one of the other solid colors would work.

https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-waterproof-packable-raincoat/id_348378?attributes=8867,43307,43326,43398,44256,44313,44937,44967,45134,46946

I was going to point out the Eileen Fisher sale; you beat me to it, Lois!

Cynthia,  I'm in that spot for a pair of walkable black pants but I have a year for it. There is a pair from Vuori that I'm keeping my eye on for now.  Has to be much more casual than my Eileen Fisher ones - those are nighttime fancy to me.   For your rain jacket, I do really like that Athleta one (of course).  I looked at the usual suspects and, wow, it's hard to find blue.  I even looked at Nordy, but nothing looked as good as that Athleta one.    Besides, it's now fashion-OK to pair black and blue.  Somewhere on the web in the past week I actually saw that it's a common thing for the "fashionable" woman in Paris to do that!   I mean, I wear black Tshirts with my blue jeans all the time!!

I bought another hat; it was one that I had been looking at all summer long.  It had sold out really fast.  It's a wide-brim, Guatamalan palm straw hat.  It has a flat "lifeguard" kind of brim, but a teardrop fedora crown.  It's less "lifeguard-y" than my old Miss Blue hat from J. Peterman.  It should be a good one to use on my trip.  Dress it up, dress it down.  

• Like 1

Athleta is having their semi-annual clearance, so I looked to see if there was anything I could use. I found a sports bra and tank top for a total of $49 and change. Free shipping starts at $50. What are the odd that I could find something to make it worth free shipping?

They had a single mask (kindness) for $1. Enough to push me to free shipping without breaking the bank.

On the other hand, Barnes and Noble. I'd been accumulating a cart. Finally bought it today, $90. What?!?  I didn't think it was nearly that much. Turns out, one of the books ($8) wasn't eligible for free shipping, so it was %17.99.  *****?!?  Needless to say, I cancelled that book and will look for it at the brick and mortar store. 🙄

Edit: **** was really W T F

Edited by PurpleHays
  • Like 1

I did not see a thing on the Athleta sale ;-(  But my bank balance is happy.

I don't have a Paris book so i have to look for one.  I was surprised I didn't have one as I keep all my guide books.  Oh well.

Do any of you now carry a multi-usb hub/charger when you travel?  I always have my 2-usb port plug with me, but now I'm thinking I need more.  I now have my iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and my camera.  There are usually a dearth of sockets in wall and I would not think of hogging all of them.  I was thinking of one with a cable to plug into the wall rather than that plugs right in the socket - never know how convenient the socket is going to be.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Thanks -- been checking out all the sales this morning. I have to say I have not found as much to like recently in Eileen Fisher. I still buy two styles of her pants whenever I find them on sale, but her knitwear just seems blah compared to what I remember from 4-5 years ago.

I am not sure if it is changing preferences or just due to COVID, but I do most of my shopping online now. The only time I regret it is when I have to take the returns to the post office or UPS, lol. 

With that in mind, does anyone besides me ever get into that mentality where you are looking for something really specific online and you just can't find what you want ANYWHERE??  That's kind of how I feel right now. I am looking for a navy, lightweight (packable) rain jacket for travel -- one that has a hood and is long enough to cover me at least to mid-thigh (so I could sit on something damp if necessary). Of course I'd also like it to have some STYLE to it, not just be a shapeless poncho....

I was hoping to take an (admittedly larger than) capsule wardrobe on my river cruise that was based around navy. But if I can't find a rain jacket it will have to be black. 

Anyone got any leads?   I've looked online at Nordstrom, J Crew, Lands End, Macys, Kohls, Bloomingdales, and Athleta (this one would be a shoo-in if it wasn't lined and came in navy:   https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=631301022&cid=1064721&pcid=1064721&vid=1&cpos=19&cexp=1501&kcid=CategoryIDs%3D1064721&cvar=11273&ctype=Listing&cpid=res21090608925111141952272#pdp-page-content).

Look at Columbia & Sierra Trading Post

9 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

Yep, I had seen that model at Lands End -- just not a fan of stripes and the white background, well, let's just say I tend to sit and lean on old, dirty, dusty buildings and walls at various sites.... 

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I just thought of The North Face!  There is one, the City Breeze Rain Parka II, that comes in dark Blue, $179.

Marmot has one, the Essential Jacket.  Gore-Tex $230

Take a gander at these.  

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Look at Columbia & Sierra Trading Post

Thanks; I will check them out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi, would this work?  

https://www.amazon.com/Lightweight-Waterproof-Raincoat-Windproof-Packable/dp/B07N4PL3TF/ref=asc_df_B07N4PL3TF/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=337080618361&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=842602991034892508&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031048&hvtargid=pla-653966527321&psc=1

my personal favorite is my zero style, $19 packable jacket from costco lol 😉

Edited by cruise kitty
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Good morning, that jacket is more my style........40.00?😀 Great...and Debbie, 19.00 EVEN BETTER👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

I don’t need a jacket, but I think I’m going to get one of those Amazon jackets!!!

I don't need a rain jacket - I have 1 North Face, 1 Mountain Hardware, 1 Helly Hansen and 1 Marmot.  None are "townie" jackets, which I don't need where I live.  But, for $40, it may be worth it to have one on hand "just in case."

• Like 2

It has not been a great week for vacation planning. My January 2022 SA and Antarctica cruise on HAL was just canceled -- not that I wasn't expecting it to happen. That area doesn't seem ready for resumption of cruising just yet. HAL announced they are automatically rebooking everyone on a similar itinerary (same price & perks) for next year, but I'm not sure that will work for me as I already have one long-ish cruise planned in the first half of that year.

Also, talked to my Viking rep and decided to move my river cruise to a later date as well. And that may end up being 2023!  (Mainly because I keep pushing things forward and rebooking; already seems like I will use up my PTO for 2022 with what I have planned....)

So -- no rush on that rain jacket now, LOL.

• Like 1

Good morning, Cynthia, sorry about your cancelled cruise. I guess in these fluid times, things are happening like that..........

I received an email this morning from SS and they had to remove Madeira from the itinerary due to entry restrictions. So, we are staying in Lisbon overnight--this is at the very start of the cruise. I have never visited there before so I am not too upset. I mean I would have loved to see Madeira but this will be fine🙂.....just "gotta go with the flow".  At least it seems we are going to sail! 29 days away.

• Like 1

Cynthia - sorry about the cruise mess.  At least you are going with the flow with a  "smile'.   You can look for a rain jacket you like and wait for it to go on sale 😉   

Lois - I was worried that your trip would get changed around with the new EU changes to entry.  You are right about "going with the flow" - it's how we have to do things right now.  Lisbon should be interesting to tour around - Portugal on the whole is one of those places that seem  to be under the tourist radar.   At least you aren't going out of Amsterdam - lots of people getting major changes due to the new restrictions the Netherlands has put on US visitors.  

I'm just hoping selfishly that the World gets it together by next July.  Given where we are now, and with the Winter ramping up, it's not a sure bet on even that.

Off to the hair stylist to get the skunk stripe colored again and to get the lowdown on all the local gossip!!

• Like 1