for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls,  Melody.....a $24,000 water bill? OMG😲...you had to know something was wrong.

I have been searching for pharmacies that provide the Antigen Rapid Tests.........seems the PCR test is offered way more than the Quick one......I keep looking at CVS and Walgreens........But I found one at another place called Avecina Medical. It is an urgent care facility and they do Covid Testing and take appointments too!!! I was able to make one for Oct 5th (I fly out on Oct 6th). The gal said the results usually take 1-2 hours. Glad I have that taken care of now.

Hey Debbie, you going to vote tomorrow?

Hi Lois, we both voted last week & hand delivered to registar recorder office...  

regarding testing, try Covid Clinic dot org (no spaces, & all together)  you put in your city, & sign up for the 15 minute test...  very easy, & the only way I was able to find & schedule the antigen test.  hope this helps out 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Lois, we both voted last week & hand delivered to registar recorder office...  

regarding testing, try Covid Clinic dot org (no spaces, & all together)  you put in your city, & sign up for the 15 minute test...  very easy, & the only way I was able to find & schedule the antigen test.  hope this helps out 🙂

Oh, wow.....never heard of this place but I made an appt with the Clinic I mentioned above.🙂

Did you get the results on your phone?

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Oh, wow.....never heard of this place but I made an appt with the Clinic I mentioned above.🙂

Did you get the results on your phone?

Hi Lois, we fly out next Thursday, so our test is not until next Wednesday (the 22nd)  the confirmation says that we will receive an email, phone, & printed results...it had me put all our information into their online system, & so on test day it should all take less than half an hour 🙂

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Lois, we fly out next Thursday, so our test is not until next Wednesday (the 22nd)  the confirmation says that we will receive an email, phone, & printed results...it had me put all our information into their online system, & so on test day it should all take less than half an hour 🙂

Oh...I am so confused.😲 You haven't sailed yet..........

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Hey Debbie, I cancelled my other one but now when I go to this link (they do have one near me).....

This company charges119.00? Is that how much you paid? 

Woah!  That water bill would have put me on the floor!   Now, when my property gets re-appraised, it may do something similar.   Others in the 'hood already had theirs changed and no one has yelled "foul" on the price.  But, I will keep an eye on it!

Cynthia - Athleta put another rain jacket on the website today.  Around $179.  Black, though.  

I had asked before, but no one commented:  does anyone travel now with a USB charger for all your USB toys?  I'm thinking that on a barge or a ship the number of outlets to use is minimal.  I wouldn't want to be a plug hog.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Woah!  That water bill would have put me on the floor!   Now, when my property gets re-appraised, it may do something similar.   Others in the 'hood already had theirs changed and no one has yelled "foul" on the price.  But, I will keep an eye on it!

Cynthia - Athleta put another rain jacket on the website today.  Around $179.  Black, though.  

I had asked before, but no one commented:  does anyone travel now with a USB charger for all your USB toys?  I'm thinking that on a barge or a ship the number of outlets to use is minimal.  I wouldn't want to be a plug hog.  

Kat, I have a little bag of the usb cables for each type of device, a small flat back up battery charger, & I take a small plug with 3 usb outlets...  that way I am only using one plug, but can charge everything at the same time 🙂

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat, I have a little bag of the usb cables for each type of device, a small flat back up battery charger, & I take a small plug with 3 usb outlets...  that way I am only using one plug, but can charge everything at the same time 🙂

I've got 2 2-port plugs.  But, I find myself with an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, my DSLR battery charger, my airPhones and Bose headphones.  So, I was looking at a 6 port deal - I could share that one.   I have my solar-charged USB charger that I use camping, but it's a big of a brick and takes up space that I had camping but not when I have to fly.   The 6 port is about as big as my iPhone SE and a little fatter, so it's a small footprint.  I've got so many cables that I'm not sure where they all go!  I'd like to get a shorter one for my Watch just to stay neat since I have short cables for my Lightning products and a USB-C cable. 

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I am a minimalist with electronics......my phone is it. Sorry, can't help you with the charger.

I used to be a minimalist.  But, each time something died, I got "modern."   Even my camping lantern and lights and flashlights and headlamp are USB now.  With my solar chargers, I can take care of them in an emergency if I have no electricity.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Cynthia, when you got your Covid Test, did they email the results  directly to your phone?

This urgent care facility says they will send the results to my phone---I am going to ask them to send it to my regular email as well. I would like to be able to take a hard copy with me.  But I guess once it is on my phone it is easy enough to show whoever needs to see it........I still feel more comfortable with a hard copy.

I got my test through CVS. They email you a link to "My Chart" and when you go to that link you can print out your results. You have to go through a couple steps to set up the "My Chart" account but it was simple, like two minutes' work.

Celebrity required a hard copy from us, so I did check on that beforehand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I will look around again in a week or so. I guess right now it's sort of in between seasons, so maybe more options will crop up.

Regarding the USB charger -- I don't travel with one. I just "juggle" my items. I have one outlet with 3 usb plugs and I only rarely use it. Most rooms I've been in have at least two outlets available. I've got my phone, which I usually charge overnight, along with my camera battery. (I have a spare camera battery, so if really needed I sometimes charge one during the day while using the other, but I prefer to have both with me, just in case I need to take a thousand pictures of a Roman dormouse cage. Just kidding -- but not really. 😂)

My Kindle only needs charging every 4-5 days. And I travel with my MacBook Pro which I prefer over an iPad, so use the regular charger for that. 

• Like 1

We’re actually looking at a Belkin charger, 3 traditional plugs & 2-3 USB ports. It’s available non Amazon. We have 2 iPhones, 1 iPad, 1 I watch, camera batteries…I can go on!

that water bill was a shocker, especially  when the girl (about 19) o the counter at Utilities immediately said, oh you have a leak, I take check or card. Les gulped. I said, I don’t have a leak, there’s something wrong with the new meter, please get your supervisor, now. Supervisor  looked at our past water bills, said I agree, not a leak. It turned out to be a bad chip in the water meter. It was still a real shocker

7 hours ago, awhfy said:

We’re actually looking at a Belkin charger, 3 traditional plugs & 2-3 USB ports. It’s available non Amazon. We have 2 iPhones, 1 iPad, 1 I watch, camera batteries…I can go on!

that water bill was a shocker, especially  when the girl (about 19) o the counter at Utilities immediately said, oh you have a leak, I take check or card. Les gulped. I said, I don’t have a leak, there’s something wrong with the new meter, please get your supervisor, now. Supervisor  looked at our past water bills, said I agree, not a leak. It turned out to be a bad chip in the water meter. It was still a real shocker

I have read of several cases in other parts of the country with the same story, new water meters installed, shocking water bill, etc.  Glad you were able to take care of it fairly easily. 

We are leaving Sunday on Allure out of Port Canaveral.  I decided this time to try the home tests from emed that are supervised by a technician on your phone.  I am hoping it is as easy as people are reporting.  This will be our last cruise until the end of November, maybe testing won’t be required by then🙄

So the question for tomorrow: Can I talk my husband into driving over an hour to Trader Joe’s in Orlando for Kat’s peanut butter ice cream?🤔

Sherri🙂 

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Slidergirl & Melody --- I got my Athleta EveryDay masks & I'm having trouble with my glasses fogging up ---- seems like the wire isn't really wire.....what are any tips for me?  TIA

I don’t wear glasses (except sunglasses). Mine have never fogged up. Try putting the glasses over the mask 

I decided to see if my April cruise had dropped in price. Yup, $1200 off & a $350 military discount. I guess that was worth my time sending an email!!!  Anyone having a Celebrity cruise, the 20% discount is good on existing reservations. Promotion ends on Sep 16

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

Hi Sherri, hope you have a fun cruise🙂 are those big ships sailing at partial capacity?

If we don't have to test by November I would be shocked to be honest with you.  I think testing will continue until at least the end of the year.....I hope I am wrong but I think the cruise lines want to know who is stepping on board......better to have the answers before walking up the gangway.

• Like 1

@sjb317 Sherri, enjoy your cruise!  It's so nice hearing about whatever travel we all manage to enjoy 🙂

@awhfy Melody, woo hoo on the price drop & discount!  & that's a really good one!

Ladies, I'm home from work early, had to get my eyes dilated, so I'm a little blurry... thrilled to report nothing major wrong, cause my optometrist was worried...  since I'm home early, I'm celebrating with a Michelada, & more cruise packing (not actually packing, but laying stuff out to pack & planning...  which made me thing of Anita Latte's wonderful Alaska report from a few years back... & got me thinking, we haven't heard from her in ages... hope everything is ok with her.

On glasses fogging, I do the trick where you wash them with dish soap, & it seems to help a bit... but with some masks, nothing helps...  it seems you have to find the right mask that fits snugly across the bridge of the nose.  

• Like 1