for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Cynthia, have a question for you........did you and your son have a PCR or Antigen before your recent cruise?  I have an appt for an Antigen but keep looking for a PCR but concerned it won't come back on time.

I am guessing the Antigen will be just fine since it is also offered.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:08 AM, cruise kitty said:

Good morning ladies 😊sitting in the Alaska air lounge at LAX, enjoying a mimosa. Flight is delayed, but that’s ok…. Tested negative yesterday & can’t wait to reach Seattle!

-Debbie

Hi Debbie, not sure if you will check in here or not but hope you are having a wonderful time🙂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, have a question for you........did you and your son have a PCR or Antigen before your recent cruise?  I have an appt for an Antigen but keep looking for a PCR but concerned it won't come back on time.

I am guessing the Antigen will be just fine since it is also offered.

We had an antigen test, it was spelled out on the Celebrity pre-cruise info that either antigen or PCR (or the Walgreen's NAAT) test was acceptable. 

If the cruise line accepts antigen tests, I would always get as opposed to doing the PCR test. But that's just me, I don't like waiting around in suspense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

We had an antigen test, it was spelled out on the Celebrity pre-cruise info that either antigen or PCR (or the Walgreen's NAAT) test was acceptable. 

If the cruise line accepts antigen tests, I would always get as opposed to doing the PCR test. But that's just me, I don't like waiting around in suspense.

This is for the country of Portugal.  The cruise line does their own testing before we board. Even though I flew to Greece, at the time, I didn't need any testing before that flight. United also has the policy on their website giving the date and time of the earliest you can be tested for this trip. Since I fly out on Wednesday 10/6 at 4:00pm it says an Antigen test can be dated no earlier than Monday 10/4 at 4:00pm.  I  found an Urgent Care Facility and was able to make an appt for Monday at 4:30pm.  (47.5 hours LOL).  

• Like 1

Just got back from our cruise this morning.  Left the ship at 815 and was home by 850 so super quick debarkation!   Good cruise with great weather and I have to say, Royal seems to be taking COVID protocols much more seriously than Celebrity but that may be due to more unvaccinated children on board.  Masks were required in all indoor public venues unless eating or drinking while sitting down.  Some venues were for vaccinated only, vaccinated passengers wore white bands to be easily identified by crew.  

I think it is going to take me a while to catch up with everyone!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Hi Sherri, welcome back🙂 glad you had a good time and to be honest, in my opinion, it is good they are enforcing protocols.  I am guessing there were a lot of kids on board? And none of them have been vaxxed....(well, most of them).

12 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, welcome back🙂 glad you had a good time and to be honest, in my opinion, it is good they are enforcing protocols.  I am guessing there were a lot of kids on board? And none of them have been vaxxed....(well, most of them).

I was very happy to see them enforcing the protocols, there were times on Celebrity that I felt a little uncomfortable with the lack of physical distance and no mask.  

Not sure how many kids were on board but definitely more than the dozen or so on Equinox.  2400 passengers out of a possible 6000 made for a very pleasant cruise!😂

Sherti🙂

We got our boosters yesterday afternoon and this  third shot really kicked my butt.  My husband had nothing other than a sore arm but I ran a low grade fever all day, plus. Uncle aches and fatigue.  Feeling better tonight.  Very happy that we were able to get the booster and encourage everyone to do so when they qualify.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

We got our boosters yesterday afternoon and this  third shot really kicked my butt.  My husband had nothing other than a sore arm but I ran a low grade fever all day, plus. Uncle aches and fatigue.  Feeling better tonight.  Very happy that we were able to get the booster and encourage everyone to do so when they qualify.

Sherri🙂

"Uncle" aches?  I know you meant muscle aches, but it made me laugh!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

"Uncle" aches?  I know you meant muscle aches, but it made me laugh!

32 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

The 3rd Moderna got me, too --- fever, achy, felt like I had no bones....lasted maybe 24 hours.

Just now, 57redbird said:

The 3rd Moderna got me, too --- fever, achy, felt like I had no bones....lasted maybe 24 hours.

I've got a week long staycation coming up. I may schedule my booster for the early part. We don't have anything planned except having friends over the second weekend, so it will be a good time to not feel great (if needed). I got Pfizer so my reaction may be different.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I've got a week long staycation coming up. I may schedule my booster for the early part. We don't have anything planned except having friends over the second weekend, so it will be a good time to not feel great (if needed). I got Pfizer so my reaction may be different.

Mine was Pfizer, too.  Woke up this morning feeling great, no more “uncle” aches!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Sherri - nice thing about living in Brevard - fast exit from the port!!  Good to hear you had a nice little vacation.  

Melody - our scrub oaks are the things turning right now.  The aspens should be next week when they start exploding.  I'll take my peeping drive up the Alpine Loop this year.  It's an amazing drive by itself, but changing leaves make it extra special.  

My body was playing games with me the last few days.  After driving down the the Valley on Thursday and doing the dentist and some shopping, my body decided it was just tired.  After not sleeping all through the night for months, all of a sudden I've slept straight for TEN hours the past few nights.  And, I've had a not bad, but annoying, headache since Saturday.  Sigh.  

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 7:17 AM, Lois R said:

Hi Debbie, not sure if you will check in here or not but hope you are having a wonderful time🙂

Thank you, having such a wonderful time we just booked next cruise!  Never done b2b, so very excited.   Terrible internet lol, so can’t post or read much , but honestly just relaxing & enjoying.  It’s our 35th wedding anniversary on the 5th, so this is a nice gift to each other.   Only about 625 guests on board with over 800 crew…. We’re currently trying to out run a huge storm & Canada has given our ship permission to cruise inside strait tomorrow to keep ship safe…. We will be first cruise ship there in two years 😊

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Thank you, having such a wonderful time we just booked next cruise!  Never done b2b, so very excited.   Terrible internet lol, so can’t post or read much , but honestly just relaxing & enjoying.  It’s our 35th wedding anniversary on the 5th, so this is a nice gift to each other.   Only about 625 guests on board with over 800 crew…. We’re currently trying to out run a huge storm & Canada has given our ship permission to cruise inside strait tomorrow to keep ship safe…. We will be first cruise ship there in two years 😊

Hey, how exciting!!!😀....so you are staying on board and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (a few days early)😃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

My body was playing games with me the last few days.  After driving down the the Valley on Thursday and doing the dentist and some shopping, my body decided it was just tired.  After not sleeping all through the night for months, all of a sudden I've slept straight for TEN hours the past few nights.

Maybe all that pumpkin spice is a soporific. Or has a tryptophan-like ingredient that is relaxing -- who knows?

All I know is that I wish I could order some of my favorite pumpkin ravioli with a burned butter sauce from a good restaurant in Rome. 

33 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

OMG, we seriously wanted to do that. But (due to work) it was not really an option. Cannot wait to retire and take advantage of serendipitous events like that. 

I wondered what it would be like to sail on one of the Alaska cruises deep into September and October. Weather can be iffy, but it sounds like you're enjoying it. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Lucky you, Debbie!  Have a great second cruise!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 6:30 PM, cruisemom42 said:

Maybe all that pumpkin spice is a soporific. Or has a tryptophan-like ingredient that is relaxing -- who knows?

All I know is that I wish I could order some of my favorite pumpkin ravioli with a burned butter sauce from a good restaurant in Rome. 

I wish it was.  But, I wasn't downing all pumpkin all the time.  I'm thinking it might be the "change of weather" allergy thing. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I wish it was.  But, I wasn't downing all pumpkin all the time.  I'm thinking it might be the "change of weather" allergy thing. 

I know that I always seem to sleep better when the weather changes and it gets a little cooler. We had a mild cool front last week that gave a taste of fall but then the temps climbed again. This weekend looks to be pleasant though. 

Good morning girls, well, my last weekend home........got my euros (I always get some here at home before I fly overseas). Yes, I know it costs more but I don't care. I like having the money with me. 

Having my Antigen test Monday night. Have to fill out the Passenger Locator Form this weekend too.

I fly out on Wednesday. 

I feel badly for one of my friends over on the "river cruise forum". She has a river cruise booked for December and is having a hard time understanding what the requirements are and getting the tests for flying into AMS......she is sailing out of Amsterdam.  At least everyone who is trying to help is being quite kind.  I told her if the anxiety is too much then maybe she should cancel.........but I also told her the tests from both Walgreens and CVS are acceptable. It is hard on all of us that is for sure. Especially when going overseas. I have been pretty lucky with it. I am going to an Urgent Care Facility. 

• Like 1