for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, hope you have a fun cruise🙂 are those big ships sailing at partial capacity?

If we don't have to test by November I would be shocked to be honest with you.  I think testing will continue until at least the end of the year.....I hope I am wrong but I think the cruise lines want to know who is stepping on board......better to have the answers before walking up the gangway.

Thanks, Lois!  I believe the big ships are sailing at less than 50%.  From what I have read, Royal is more strict about following masking and distancing than Celebrity was but that may be due to more unvaccinated passengers.  I think you are right about testing, I, too, think it will continue into the next year.  Just wishful thinking on my part that it might not be needed by our cruise.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Slidergirl & Melody --- I got my Athleta EveryDay masks & I'm having trouble with my glasses fogging up ---- seems like the wire isn't really wire.....what are any tips for me?  TIA

If you're not vain, a strip of medical tape across the top sealing the mask to your face works. Old surgery trick. I spent many hours during mask mandates with tape on my mask at the rink.  It works on my Athleta masks too. Also make sure the wire is as shaped to your nose/cheeks as you can get it.

• Like 3

Cynthia - I thought of another brand for a rain jacket - Helly Hansen.  I have 1 rain shell and 1 soft shell from them - I've had them for years and still going strong.  On the website there is the W Aden long rain coat.  It's $150 and comes in Navy Blue and Black.

For the masks, I'm not doing anything special for the Athleta ones.  I'm putting my readers off and on all the time.  Somehow I've figured out where to put my readers on my nose with each kind of mask I have.  One thing I've heard is to buy some pipe cleaners and glue it to the inside.  The cleaners are fuzzy so it is not too harsh on your nose.  I've never tried it, but, it sounds feasible. 

@cruisekitty: - what is going on with your eyes again?  

25 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - I thought of another brand for a rain jacket - Helly Hansen.  I have 1 rain shell and 1 soft shell from them - I've had them for years and still going strong.  On the website there is the W Aden long rain coat.  It's $150 and comes in Navy Blue and Black.

For the masks, I'm not doing anything special for the Athleta ones.  I'm putting my readers off and on all the time.  Somehow I've figured out where to put my readers on my nose with each kind of mask I have.  One thing I've heard is to buy some pipe cleaners and glue it to the inside.  The cleaners are fuzzy so it is not too harsh on your nose.  I've never tried it, but, it sounds feasible. 

@cruisekitty: - what is going on with your eyes again?  

Hi Kat, it turns out nothing 🙂  just normal aging, but my optometrist thought that my RX for glasses had changed so drastically she was worried about macular degeneration...  & since I like to ignore scary things whenever possible, I put off the ophthalmologist for a couple of months... but my eyes are fines,  just older, lol 😉 

• Like 1

Hi girls, well these couple of weeks are more Dr's appts for me...........lets see, last week was the GP and this morning were the labs.  Yesterday I had a Kidney Dr appt and she wants me to have a follow up Ultrasound, which will be Tuesday morning.  Tomorrow morning I have a follow up Endoscopy. (I had one back in June before I went to Greece in July).....so this is a 90 day follow up. Hoping everything looks good inside me LOL.........

I sometimes get to the point that I want to just say F---It and cancel ALL my Drs........but I know that would not be the smartest thing to do...........

Thanks to all of you for this thread.......one of the few places I can vent.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Oh I REALLY like that one -- although if I were designing it I might make it either a tad shorter or make the W Aden jacket a tad longer. 

But wouldn't you know it, they are out of my size in both in the Navy!! 😢

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Oh I REALLY like that one -- although if I were designing it I might make it either a tad shorter or make the W Aden jacket a tad longer. 

But wouldn't you know it, they are out of my size in both in the Navy!! 😢

Well, since you have a little time now, be sure to include HH in your future searches.

Anyone watch the hearing today?  Broke my heart and brought back some nasty memories from 2003-2006 with my sport.  "It's nothing"  "it's boys being boys" "your're lying", getting bounced from the team, blackmail threats.  Fortunately, some of us kept an eye on things  for those years so the perp only got a chance to sexually and mentally harass, although standing over a female athlete with your crotch in her face comes pretty darn close.   When I was working at one of my hotels, we had a kid who was a speedster - the tales he told me that happened to some of the females on the team.  As much as I want something to happen this time, I just have no faith.  In my case, after mediation where the coach and federation won, we went to the USOC,  interviewed in the NY Times, we got the coach fired a few weeks from the Olympics.  For my and my now-ex's part in helping, we were banned from volunteering at any track.  

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I missed it but saw the end and questions afterward. Even that part made me cry and get mad all over again too. The FBI blew it BIG TIME on this case☹️🤒😡

It was just another example of the "old boys" handling sexual assault/harassment.  As horrific as their assaults were, it is absolutely like getting assaulted all over again when you get questioned.   AND, because of their lackadaisical conduct, MORE young girls/women were assaulted after the reporting!!!   I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry yesterday, just like I did when I had to do my deposition.   

Now that assault of girls by staff is getting more exposure, it's time for the young men to follow and report.  Bring the Ohio State wrestling incidents to the spotlight - those guys were getting the same "you're lying" and such when they try to speak.  

I noted yesterday, spell check put "speedster" instead of "speedskater".  

Sorry.  Off soapbox.

Lois - that's a lot of medical things to get done!!!  Do you have to get a actual colonoscopy or would you MD allow you do one of those "at home" tests?  I have to ask mine about it - they keep cutting off any outpatient procedures at the hospital because they have no availability of space or staff due to COVID.   We're swamped, yet our town is 90-something % with 1 shot, 80-something % with 2 shots.  It's the folks out in the rural part of the county that is like 50-something % vaxed that are filling the hospital.  At least we are also masking here in town when we go to the market - you won't see them around anywhere else.   

OOTD: cool black tie dye Athleta Tshirt and the cream Athleta Farralon shorts.  I've got to go the pharmacy and pick up a med that my PCP forgot to tell them to refill.  After that, who knows, that TJ's "Peanuts for Chocolate" ice cream is calling...

• Like 1

Hi Kat, I did not have a colonoscopy.........I had an Endoscopy. They put a camera down your throat (you are under anesthesia) and take pictures of the stomach and areas around it.  He said everything is looking good🙂 Not sure if you recall, but I had the ulcer thing going on a while back........this was a follow up.

• Like 2

Lois, glad to hear everything is looking good!  If I recall correctly, the ulcer was the thing that landed you in hospital... hopefully it continues to behave 🙂

I'm working for home this morning, but will head into office shortly...starting my packing for Alaska, & hope to be 98% done by Sunday evening...next week will be a busy one work wise, so won't have time then..  Wednesday we have our tests, & then we will have to get up at 4 a.m. to head to airport... we have a very early flight to Seattle.  

Looking at the weather reports, we're going to have rain on & off every day...  so I'm going to re-oil my trusty old boots tonight, I feel pretty prepared with day clothes, just trying to figure out the evening/ship wear.  I'm thinking of a silky long skirt, a couple of sleeveless linen tops, & a couple of dressier black tank type tops..  they are not tank tops, but I don't know what else to call them...

well, need to go to office now 🙂

• Like 2

Hi Debbie, yes.....that put me in the hospital (of my multiple visits in 2020😲).  That is one of the reasons I went........had to call 911 for that one. Glad that is looking better too.🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I did not have a colonoscopy.........I had an Endoscopy. They put a camera down your throat (you are under anesthesia) and take pictures of the stomach and areas around it.  He said everything is looking good🙂 Not sure if you recall, but I had the ulcer thing going on a while back........this was a follow up.

OOPS.  My bad.  I see "oscopy'' and immediately think colonoscopy.  I've had the scope they put down your  nose to look at your throat twice.  Just a little lidocaine to numb up the nose.  Glad you get put under for the endoscopy!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 4:09 PM, awhfy said:

I decided to see if my April cruise had dropped in price. Yup, $1200 off & a $350 military discount. I guess that was worth my time sending an email!!!  Anyone having a Celebrity cruise, the 20% discount is good on existing reservations. Promotion ends on Sep 16

I emailed my TA last Friday about the price drop, it took him until yesterday to get it done, but I saved $550 on next year's 9-day Med cruise -- yay!!

• Like 5

Hi girls, good morning, Cynthia, congrats on that savings😃 awesome!

I decided to go with the Urgent Care Facility for my upcoming Antigen Test. Will get the results in plenty of time and there is only a 5.00 fee.  No charge for the test but when I called to get some more information the gal said they started that charge because too many people made appts and then didn't show up. I could have continued to look for the pharmacy but I feel better knowing I have the spot already reserved.  Debbie, I was going to try the Covid Care place but I really couldn't see the logic in paying 119.00. 

Hope all of you have a good weekend🙂

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, good morning, Cynthia, congrats on that savings😃 awesome!

I decided to go with the Urgent Care Facility for my upcoming Antigen Test. Will get the results in plenty of time and there is only a 5.00 fee.  No charge for the test but when I called to get some more information the gal said they started that charge because too many people made appts and then didn't show up. I could have continued to look for the pharmacy but I feel better knowing I have the spot already reserved.  Debbie, I was going to try the Covid Care place but I really couldn't see the logic in paying 119.00. 

Hope all of you have a good weekend🙂

I did my Abbott Binax home test this morning, super easy to connect to the video call and complete the test.  Entire procedure took about 25 min, 15 of which was just waiting for the sample to have any reaction from the reagent.   Results were on my phone about one minute after test completed.   Price comes out to about $27 per test.  We will use this again for our cruise the end of November. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I did my Abbott Binax home test this morning, super easy to connect to the video call and complete the test.  Entire procedure took about 25 min, 15 of which was just waiting for the sample to have any reaction from the reagent.   Results were on my phone about one minute after test completed.   Price comes out to about $27 per test.  We will use this again for our cruise the end of November. 

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, sounds great🙂 especially since it is allowed sailing out of Florida. 

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, sounds great🙂 especially since it is allowed sailing out of Florida. 

Royal and Celebrity both accept it for Caribbean or Alaskan cruises leaving from US.  Also, it is approved for international flights returning to the US.  

Glad your test gave you good news!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

No trip to TJ's yesterday.  I forgot that the grocery store where my pharmacy is at has It's It ice cream sandwiches from San Francisco.  Vanilla or Mint ice cream sandwiched between 2 oatmeal cookies.  Yummy!!!  The store started stocking them a few months ago.  Those were the best part of the work week when I was at Cisco Systems - "Beer and Cookies Thursday."  

While I was at the pharmacy, I got my flu vaccine.  Turns out he only got the high dose so far - it's usually the other way around and he does a waitlist for us.  A little tender where I was stuck, but no soreness.  One more vaccine down.  

Cynthia - good on the price drop!!

Sherri - for the antigen test on the way home:  do you Zoom them or call from the ship (or the next-to-last land port) to do it?   Even though I'm not going anywhere soon which requires it, I was curious how you got it done without spending 2 extra days post-cruise.  

That young woman who is missing:  A bunch of people here in town have reported seeing her with the boyfriend around town the end of August.  If they really did go from Moab (where the filmed argument was done) to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NPs, Park City would have been a logical place to stop as we are halfway between both places.  Such a bizarre case.  Why the boyfriend stays silent is just baffling.  

• Like 1

Hi Kat, I was going to ask Sherri about that zoom call for the tests as well.....doing it from overseas?

I am technically challenged as it is....not sure how I would do it internationally (without some help).

And yes, that case is TOTALLY bizzare........why is the boyfriend not wanting to help???.............sounds pretty funky to me.

9 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

Ok. I’ll order that today for our 24 Oct cruise

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

No trip to TJ's yesterday.  I forgot that the grocery store where my pharmacy is at has It's It ice cream sandwiches from San Francisco.  Vanilla or Mint ice cream sandwiched between 2 oatmeal cookies.  Yummy!!!  The store started stocking them a few months ago.  Those were the best part of the work week when I was at Cisco Systems - "Beer and Cookies Thursday."  

While I was at the pharmacy, I got my flu vaccine.  Turns out he only got the high dose so far - it's usually the other way around and he does a waitlist for us.  A little tender where I was stuck, but no soreness.  One more vaccine down.  

Cynthia - good on the price drop!!

Sherri - for the antigen test on the way home:  do you Zoom them or call from the ship (or the next-to-last land port) to do it?   Even though I'm not going anywhere soon which requires it, I was curious how you got it done without spending 2 extra days post-cruise.  

That young woman who is missing:  A bunch of people here in town have reported seeing her with the boyfriend around town the end of August.  If they really did go from Moab (where the filmed argument was done) to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NPs, Park City would have been a logical place to stop as we are halfway between both places.  Such a bizarre case.  Why the boyfriend stays silent is just baffling.  

They were seen in Colorado Springs after that 

Just opened my latest batch of limoncello. It's so pretty. I didn't taste it yet (tequila with Mexican for dinner) but it smelled good. 

I also started a batch of liquore al mandarino. I was looking at one of the drink menus on Princess and it listed limoncello (of course) and liquore di mandarino, so I had to google it. It's clementine liquor. Basically like limoncello, but with clementines, grain alcohol (hubby got 151 Everclear), and maturation time. Limoncello is 80 days start to finish. Liquore al mandarino is six to seven *months*! 😮 It's in a dark corner of the pantry for now and will be ready for our birthdays in April.

I'm sure there will be another batch of limoncello before then. 🍋 

• Like 1

Hey Kat, the family called the police in New Port, FL and now it seems they are telling the cops they have not seen their son since Tuesday........(this just happened tonight). So who knows if this is true or not.  Keeps getting worse.....they now have a poster out with Gabby's picture from the FBI........