for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Just now, awhfy said:

Id rather wait for a flight than be running thru an airport (especially Denver)

Well guess what just happened? The flight before mine was pulling out and sitting on the tarmac when at least 30 people walked up to the gate. Their flight arrived late by more than 30 minutes! The jet that sitting on the tarmac came  back to the gate for them! They were all going to Las Vegas

Y'all, I can't believe I did this!

My daughter and I (the ice skater) signed up for a 5K sponsored by our local NHL team. 😮I don't run. At best, I walk fast. I'm. Gonna. Die. I mall-walked today and got up to either 2.28 or 2.85 miles depending on which Fitbit app I use (phone or wristband). I'm going with the phone/GPS and the 2.85 miles.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate working out outside? Too humid here now, it was even difficult for the inside portions (I did three inside and two outside laps). 

I have a month to get ready. I did gut a race day outfit at Target today. It's green which will surprise everyone I know as they'll all expect me to show in purple.

Thirty-two days to go. 

• Like 2

@Lois R  Hope you made it safely and in good time to Seattle -- bon voyage to you tomorrow.

We got our COVID tests today and they are negative; one more thing to check off the list. 😄  Also we were notified yesterday that our "move up" bid on our cabin got us from an Outside to a huge Family Veranda aft cabin. Very happy -- I think they are going to have to pry us off the ship.

@PurpleHays  Wow, that is inspiring.  Good for you and good luck with your 5K.  I can empathize, I also hate getting hot and sweaty. I always joke that the only exercise I really enjoy is swimming and by swimming I mean leisurely laps. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

@PurpleHays  Wow, that is inspiring.  Good for you and good luck with your 5K.  I can empathize, I also hate getting hot and sweaty. I always joke that the only exercise I really enjoy is swimming and by swimming I mean leisurely laps. 🤷‍♀️

My lungs really hate hot and sweaty, then add the mask. . . Really, the only exercise I enjoy on a long term basis is my ice skating. I take more frequent breaks from it than I used to, but usually for good reason. This time because I'm training for the 5K. I have no illusions that I'll win or even have a good time. My goal is to simply finish the danged race in the allotted time.

• Like 3

Cruisemom, safe trip & fabulous score on an aft veranda, especially for Alaska!!!

Purple, about 75% of folks in a charity 5K will be walking; you’ll do great

Lois getting on board today, sigh…wish I was with you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

popping in very quickly to say happy friday!  Melody, hope your mouth is continuing to heal!  

Cynthia & Lois, bon voyage to both of you....  I think Lois has sailed, & I that Cynthia is boarding today... congrats on that Aft upgrade, I've heard those balconies are just wonderful. 🙂

@PurpleHays congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone for the 5k!  Whether you walk it, run it, or crawl it, it's still an accomplishment to just say yes to it !

today is the last big push for the flip house, open house is tomorrow, so it's do or die today.. our SIL is giving up his day off to help us, thank goodness for him!

• Like 2

Well, that was an interesting week.  Fire-wise, everyone lucked out as the fire ended up moving slowly and more south than southeast so all buildings were spared.  Friends got to go back to their homes 2 days early - all they have to do is sweep ashes off the porches and air out the smoke.   The fire never got closer to me as it went that southern route.  But the smoke was horrendous.  The first day it rained it was good for the fire, but awful for everyone as it made the smoke smell worse.  Now, the thing is potential slides on the burn scars due to all the rain we've had this week.  So, some people up in the higher reaches of one neighborhood has to be on the lookout.

Trip-wise, it was kind of a bust because of the rain.  The restaurant I really wanted to dine at couldn't open because it is outdoors.  I couldn't hike to Calf Creek falls because the trail became muddy and is alongside a creek prone to flash flooding.  2 day trips I had on the list I couldn't do because they were on all dirt roads and they became nothing but mud.  Hard to try to cook on a stove in the rain - had to try to time it.  At least I now know my tent is rain-proof.  Good thing I always take my Kindle and my headphones!  I alternated between lounging in my tent and sitting in my Kia.  I cut the trip short - no big deal and I can try again another week. 

The Travel Hamster Wheel is spinning again!  My grand-niece finally set her wedding date - Aug 20, 2022.   My favorite ADVENTURE travel for WOMEN group has 2 French barge trips next summer, one in July and one in August.   The August one is the 6th-12th.  If I could figure out a cheap way to play around a little and end up in Beaufort SC on the 18th, AND if I could do a multi-city airfare within reason, I would do the August one.  Otherwise, I'd do the July 9th-15th one.  I'd just fly round trip from SLC for that one and then fly down to Savannah for the wedding in August.  Things to keep me occupied.  I can see a boatload of money (pun intended) being taken out of my 401K coming!!

@PurpleHays - I took a running class back when I still lived in LA.  For our "final" we did a 5k over the same routes we ran in class - I died.  I think it was that the runs are always first thing in the morning and our class was early evening!!!  I don't do morning.

@Cruisemom42 - The moose served as my home alarm.  Woe be the burgler dumb enough to try to get past them!

• Like 2

Kat, sorry your trip didn’t work out as planned. This weekend is Pikes Peak Ascent & Marathon. Luckily yesterday (Ascent & 2000 runners) was cool (almost cold up on top (14,115’) & today (marathon & 800 runners) was clear, no smoke but pretty hot out. 

Anyone in Henry’s path hope you’re ok

On 8/18/2021 at 12:11 PM, Lois R said:

Well guess what just happened? The flight before mine was pulling out and sitting on the tarmac when at least 30 people walked up to the gate. Their flight arrived late by more than 30 minutes! The jet that sitting on the tarmac came  back to the gate for them! They were all going to Las Vegas

Found out why this happened. The Denver airport train (used to get from terminal to terminal) had a computer glitch & caused all sorts of problems & plane delays

Hi girls😀from sunny Alaska if you can believe it! Sunny 2 days in a row!

The ship only has 170 pax on board and so it is like your own private yacht😀 Hope everyone is doing well

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls😀from sunny Alaska if you can believe it! Sunny 2 days in a row!

The ship only has 170 pax on board and so it is like your own private yacht😀 Hope everyone is doing well

Hope the sunshine continues!!

Well,  after having the hamster wheel in my brain spin out of control, I decided to book the South of France  Provence barge trip!!!  I spoke with one of the women at the office for awhile - there were only 3 spots left for the July trip and August only had 2 booked (if they don't get 8 they cancel).  July would have the lavender fields and sunflowers in bloom, and August is when everyone takes their vacations.  I just felt it would be too much to try to "hang around" somewhere for a week before I would leave for my grand niece's wedding.  

So, now I guess I have to get my Babbel on and learn a little French!!!   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi again😀Cynthia and Debbie, wishing you both Bon Voyages too😀 and Kat, that barge cruise sounds fantastic!!!!

Hi Lois, glad to hear you're having a great time!  I still have a month to go for mine...  but I think Cynthia is on board now 🙂 Have a wonderful remaining cruise, & safe journey home 🙂

@slidergirl

Hi Kat, I'm sorry your camping trip was so upended!  But that barge trip sounds amazing!!! You must be so excited 🙂   there's a free app called duo lingo that's good for beginning french...  also some free podcasts with french lessons.    Anyway, I am super happy for you that you have something so Très incroyable to plan 😉 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

@slidergirl

Hi Kat, I'm sorry your camping trip was so upended!  But that barge trip sounds amazing!!! You must be so excited 🙂   there's a free app called duo lingo that's good for beginning french...  also some free podcasts with french lessons.    Anyway, I am super happy for you that you have something so Très incroyable to plan 😉 

Camping is subject to the whims of weather, so I'm always prepared to have it go sideways.  I can go down there again, maybe in the Fall.  I'm super excited!  I already have an "unlimited" Babbel plan that was a Christmas present to myself.  I just have to apply myself to get it done.  I just bought my trip insurance, too.  Now that was a "Holy Cr*p" moment!!!  I forgot that it gets more expensive the older you are!!  After having my leg shattering experience in Italy that yielded a 10,000EU bill, I am always buying!  Between the trip deposit and the insurance, I put out a good chunk of change.  Next comes the airfare.  I figure if I'm finally doing a bucket list trip, I'm going Business.  Turns out I can get a decent price using American Express and then I can pay for a lot of it with my AMEX points.  Delta wanted an obscene # of points and their cash & points wasn't as good.  Oh my!!!  So much to do over the year that I should keep busy.  Cynthia - there are Roman ruins to be had on this trip, too!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, good for you. That’s a trip to look forward ti!!  Definitely fly business, or maybe really upgrade to first class (fewer people there too…)

Delta doesn't do an international First Class - "delta one" is Business, but with those cool pods.  I'd have to do a connection flight with Air France to get their "le premiere" (4 little individual cabins) out of JFK or LAX.  Plus, it's $5,000 more than my nonstop Delta flights SLC-CDG.  Plus, I couldn't use any miles for it.  I've flown international business several times and those pods are just fine.   With my points, I can use them and pay the rest so it ends up like I'm paying for Economy.  That's a win for me.  The nonstop is about 10 hours, so I can get a decent sleep.  Now, I have to figure out the best time to buy - it's a pretty squirrely market now with pricing.

• Like 2

Kat, it sounds like a great trip you are planning!  Too bad your camping trip did not turn out the way you planned but it sounds like you made the best of it.  

We got our pre cruise COVID tests today, both negative.  We leave on Friday, it takes about two hours to drive to Ft. Lauderdale so we will just drive down that morning.  We will be on Celebrity Equinox which is one of my favorite ships!  Getting the test results gave me a sigh of relief  and I think I can let myself feel excited now!

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

18 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Kat, it sounds like a great trip you are planning!  Too bad your camping trip did not turn out the way you planned but it sounds like you made the best of it.  

We got our pre cruise COVID tests today, both negative.  We leave on Friday, it takes about two hours to drive to Ft. Lauderdale so we will just drive down that morning.  We will be on Celebrity Equinox which is one of my favorite ships!  Getting the test results gave me a sigh of relief  and I think I can let myself feel excited now!

Sherri🙂

I like Equinox too. I really enjoy doing the glass blowing on board.  Have a great time!!

Edited by awhfy

Hi from rainy Juneau. Hope all of you are doing well😀I am having a really good time😀Sheri, hope you have a great cruise too and hope Cynthia is having fun as well. Debbie, when do you sail? Kat, your trip sounds awesome!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Kat -- I ordered the Athleta masks - they came today -- I think I like them.  If anyone's interested the ones I ordered were on sale - 5 masks for $14.95.

The Athleta masks are the most comfortable I’ve used. I still have two packs of them that I haven’t opened yet

• Like 1