for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

My offer on the condo was accepted and I'm headed out to do the inspection today. Looks like I'm going to cancel my December Silhouette cruise to be able to have time to deal with the logistics of closing and moving. I have never canceled/changed/moved so many trips as I have in the last two years. Hoping this is the tail end of it.

I'm excited but feeling stressed at all the work to be done. Today we are going to start tackling the attic. OOTD will be leggings and an old sweatshirt, lol.

Oh WOW!   congratulations!  Normally having to cancel a cruise is the pits, but this is for a good reason 🙂

It will be nice to have the time to do some purges of stuff, right?   & it'll be exciting to be somewhere new... 

Kat, we always stay at the Cavilleri in Rome, (on points, of course)  once you figure out what bus drops you off at the base of the hill, it's actually pretty convenient.. & the views are stunning!  

Enjoy your concert tonight 🙂  sounds like it's going to be a gorgeous evening 🙂

23 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Oh WOW!   congratulations!  Normally having to cancel a cruise is the pits, but this is for a good reason 🙂

It will be nice to have the time to do some purges of stuff, right?   & it'll be exciting to be somewhere new... 

Kat, we always stay at the Cavilleri in Rome, (on points, of course)  once you figure out what bus drops you off at the base of the hill, it's actually pretty convenient.. & the views are stunning!  

Enjoy your concert tonight 🙂  sounds like it's going to be a gorgeous evening 🙂

My stay at the Cavilleri was totally due to my employment with Hilton at that time.  I had 2 certificates for a free night and then I won 3 more in a company-wide contest.  There was no restriction on brand or level, so I went big.  I really  enjoyed my time there.  I could tell many of the guests were there on points - it's common across Hilton and Marriott for their high-end properties.  The breakfast buffet was sooo good - I could always get a good pre-activity breakfast and then just do the "espresso e un croissant" as my lunch.

Well, the concert was just spectacular.  Who knew Andrea Bocelli would sound good in a basketball arena!!  The videos and photos shown in the background were amazing - landscapes, churches, stained glass, murals.  It was done such that it appeared that the orchestra and choir blended in - they looked like they were in La Scala, in the Cathedrals.  They had some that showed the work the AB Foundation did for children affected by the earthquakes in Haiti.  It totally added to the evening.   The music was another good mix of arias, Italian art songs, and popular songs.  He had his young daughter come out and sing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" with him.  She was wonderful - she has a nice voice and excuded personality.    I did forget how loud that place can be when it's fully loaded and people applaud and cheer - it got as loud as any NBA Finals game I saw there.  My ears were ringing at the last encore.  Gosh. He has a voice.  It made me even more excited to see him next Summer.  

OOLN (outfit of last night):  I went kind of "old equestrian".  Black leggings and my tall black boots.  My lace shell.  My black mid-thigh length jacket that has old silver buttons on both sides of the opening (it doesn't button and meant to be open).  Jewelry was minimal - my fox broach that a friend made for me that looks like one of those medals with a tassel on the bottom and my brown leather earrings as the color of them matched the fox.   

• Like 2

@slidergirl  Your concert sounds amazing. I saw a Bocelli special on TV recently and sounds like it was a somewhat similar repertoire. Nothing at all like a live event though.  Your outfit also sounds creative and cute.

I've been working all weekend, we have made a good start on the attic and even got some things out of the garage. Our city trash pickup is on Mondays and if you call them ahead of time they will pick up bigger items too. So for now it's going to be a pattern of tossing stuff all weekend. 

I also have to figure out what to do with some stuff that's really too good to toss. How do people sell furniture now? I'm a bit leery of something like Craig's List given all that I've heard....  

Also @Lois R  I had finally gotten around to getting a new mattress and, like you, I don't like the one that I picked, so I'm going to have to send it back. What a pain. How did you do it?  Did you go pick something new and then have them deliver the new one and take the old one at the same time?  I got mine from Macys (which I've used forever for mattresses) and I know they have a 90-day guarantee.

• Like 2

Kat, the concert sounds like it was amazing...  & your outfit definitely sounds cool & stylish 🙂  

Cynthia, we've had good luck with the Offer Up app... I'm leary of Craigs list as well, but the offer up app seems to give some identity protection ( at least until they pick up)  

Maybe when an item is sold someone you trust could help you get it out in your front yard for the pick up part, that's what we did, that way no one is in your back yard or home.

My OOTD:  olive linen shorts, black tank top, birks, long open stick cardigan, & Tilley hat 🙂

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that everyone was required to show their CDC card to get in.  I heard some grumbling from guys who obviously forgot to read the emails that were sent about it.  Also, no purses, bags, etc. were allowed.  Yes no purses.  Only medical bags and, being Utah, diaper bags.  So, I had to stuff my 2 pockets with my CDC card, Drivers license, 1 credit card (to buy swag), car keys and my iPhone.  Kind of messed up the side lines of the jacket.  Lots of women were walking back to their cars to put away their bags. 

I did have a stranger take a photo of me.  Not the best, but you get an idea of what I wore.  You can see the tops of the boots.  Not sure if you can make out the earrings, though.  All the stuff in my pockets added about 3 inches on each side!!!

fullsizeoutput_6b9.jpeg

• Like 6

On 10/31/2021 at 4:39 PM, cruise kitty said:

Cynthia, we've had good luck with the Offer Up app... I'm leary of Craigs list as well, but the offer up app seems to give some identity protection ( at least until they pick up)  

I'm glad you mentioned that one. I was looking at it and I also thought it sounded safer than Craig's List. 

I would make sure 6' 1" DS was here with me for any pick ups!

• Like 2

We’re back!  Had a great time. Real quality time with our daughter & SIL. 86 when we left Galveston & 24 when we finally arrived in Colorado Springs (so glad I pushed the packable parkas in at the last minute!!). Cruise was super, 1200 passengers instead of 2800. There were 1500 crew!  Never a problem finding a drink server. We had a junior suite on Royal (I’ll never be able to go back to a balcony on Royal). Embarkation was seamless until we got on board & our key card didn’t work (3 times). The guest services officer came with me on the 3rd attempt & brought maintenance to change the lock, all good after that & she sent me 2 bottles of wine for the inconvenience. We had some great meals & a couple of great excursions (one real bomb that was disappointing especially as highly as it was rated with trip advisor). Here’s a couple of pictures. I’m still compiling the album. Royal’s facial recognition for disembarking was incredible. We left our cabin at 0815, went thru facial recognition, grabbed our luggage & we’re in our bus transfer heading to Hobby airport at 0825, yup 10minutes total!  Amazing. Melody

D9A16B7D-12DF-41A3-AC29-DFAA4B6D156A.jpeg

F110AE6F-19F1-486C-9D40-07A751B1327A.jpeg

• Like 4

Melody, good morning and welcome home.🙂 Glad you had such a good time.  1200 guests? What if I told you my most recent cruise to Lisbon had just under 400.....LOL.......

Sounds like you and the family had some quality time together🙂

My next cruise is Dec 2nd.......30 days away!  Going to the Caribbean on a ship that only hold 388 and right now nothing is sailing at capacity so I am guessing we will have about 300.😃

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Melody, good morning and welcome home.🙂 Glad you had such a good time.  1200 guests? What if I told you my most recent cruise to Lisbon had just under 400.....LOL.......

Sounds like you and the family had some quality time together🙂

My next cruise is Dec 2nd.......30 days away!  Going to the Caribbean on a ship that only hold 388 and right now nothing is sailing at capacity so I am guessing we will have about 300.😃

Ours was a ship that normally holds over 3500

Welcome home Melody!  It sounds like you had some quality family bonding time.  Good weather, no end-of-season hurricanes is always a plus.  I wonder if people are getting spoiled with low occupancy and lots of crew.  Between that and that suite could be trouble for the future!!

Not looking forward to the next few days.  Today I drive down to get my Winter tires put on the KIA.  My Summer tires are done - they have been on the suv since 2017.  Means I'll be paying around $450 for new tires in the Spring ☹️ and then new Winter tires for a bit more.  Sigh.   Then, tomorrow morning I start my dental work for the inlay.  Dr. Jensen wasn't sure if he has to do a root canal - I hope not!  Then I get to be liquid diet until the permanent inlay is made and inserted.  Ugh.   

OOTD: It's cool and rainy today.  So it's jeans and a hoodie.  Hair in a pony and tucked in my Smokey Bear baseball hat.  I've got the rain shell in the car in case the rain gets intense.  

• Like 1

Saw  my dermatologist today. My precancers have healed nicely from the freezing she did in August. Now I get to start on topical and light therapy on my arms and hands. Nothing like actually avoiding all light for a couple of weeks. I just need to talk to my manager at work. I might need to wait until after the busy end-of-year in a surgery center.

At least we don't need to do my face. 😮

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 3:44 PM, cruisemom42 said:

@slidergirl  Your concert sounds amazing. I saw a Bocelli special on TV recently and sounds like it was a somewhat similar repertoire. Nothing at all like a live event though.  Your outfit also sounds creative and cute.

I've been working all weekend, we have made a good start on the attic and even got some things out of the garage. Our city trash pickup is on Mondays and if you call them ahead of time they will pick up bigger items too. So for now it's going to be a pattern of tossing stuff all weekend. 

I also have to figure out what to do with some stuff that's really too good to toss. How do people sell furniture now? I'm a bit leery of something like Craig's List given all that I've heard....  

Also @Lois R  I had finally gotten around to getting a new mattress and, like you, I don't like the one that I picked, so I'm going to have to send it back. What a pain. How did you do it?  Did you go pick something new and then have them deliver the new one and take the old one at the same time?  I got mine from Macys (which I've used forever for mattresses) and I know they have a 90-day guarantee.

Hi Cynthia, sorry I missed this post. Yes, I went to the store and found the mattress I have now (and still 💘) and when they delivered it they picked up the other one. Sorry you are having to return it too. I got mine at Mattress Firm.

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, sorry I missed this post. Yes, I went to the store and found the mattress I have now (and still 💘) and when they delivered it they picked up the other one. Sorry you are having to return it too. I got mine at Mattress Firm.

That's about what I expected would happen. I'm planning to take care of it next week.

Success at the dentist.  First, no need for a root canal!  then, he thought we should try to do another filling first to see if that would work.  It didn't.  So, we did the mold for the overlay and then he put in the temp.  Really fast - I think I was out inside of 20 minutes.  Instead of the usual lidocaine, he used something different.  It took hold really fast, like about  minute.  Still makes your face feel weird, but he said it will be gone by evening.  I go back in 2 weeks to get the permanent overlay put in.  I really like my dentist!!!

Since I was down in SLC for my dentist, I stopped by TJs to get more soup and beverages for the next 2 weeks.  I was good and stuck to my plan.  Well, I did get a thing of that chocolate peanut butter ice cream.  But, it's staying in the freezer until I get the permanent overlay so I can chew those cookie bits.  

OOTD:  Vuori black joggers, charcoal striped Woolx hoodie and my hi-tops.  I wanted to be comfy in the dental chair...

• Like 2

On 10/31/2021 at 1:44 PM, cruisemom42 said:

One of my good friends niece, Loren Allred, performs with Boccelli She’s an amazing talent in her own right 

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Success at the dentist.  First, no need for a root canal!  then, he thought we should try to do another filling first to see if that would work.  It didn't.  So, we did the mold for the overlay and then he put in the temp.  Really fast - I think I was out inside of 20 minutes.  Instead of the usual lidocaine, he used something different.  It took hold really fast, like about  minute.  Still makes your face feel weird, but he said it will be gone by evening.  I go back in 2 weeks to get the permanent overlay put in.  I really like my dentist!!!

Glad to hear your procedure was better than expected -- that's always a relief. It's so important to have a good dentist!!!!  Mine totally rocks -- I have had a lot of dental trauma in my life and she understands that. Even when I've had major issues, we take it one step at a time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, awhfy said:

One of my good friends niece, Loren Allred, performs with Boccelli She’s an amazing talent in her own right 

That is impressive. For many years I sang in church, school, college and community choirs and I loved it. I can only imagine the dedication needed to perform at that level. 

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

She was fantastic!!!  

I sang in multiple choirs in my high school and college days.   2 years ago, in LA, Bocelli had the Concert Choir from Cal State Fulllerton as his background.  In High School, we sang with them in several big events and then some of us were in anothr choir that the Director had.  It was intense.  But, here I am in Utah, home of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  That is a really intense experience, I've heard.  People audition for years to try to get in.  

• Like 1

I forgot to mention:

If anyone is looking for cruise/casual sneakers, I just saw on my FB feed that Vionic has a new line called "Beach".  Tie sneakers and slip-ons in a plethora of colors.  I know someone here turned me on to Vionic a few years ago.  Just sayin' 

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I forgot to mention:

If anyone is looking for cruise/casual sneakers, I just saw on my FB feed that Vionic has a new line called "Beach".  Tie sneakers and slip-ons in a plethora of colors.  I know someone here turned me on to Vionic a few years ago.  Just sayin' 

Hi Kat, I have seen them at the Dillard's near me.  They have a BIG selection........

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I have seen them at the Dillard's near me.  They have a BIG selection........

they do look really cute online.  but, I don't have that much use for a single-purpose casual sneaker.  I really need a pair of trail runners that serve multiple purposes.  Unfortunate.