for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Not even the slip-ons?  I think they'd look sweet walking around JAX...

Good morning🙂, nope.......as for walking around Jacksonville? The city is GIANT in square miles.......I don't walk around the city.  When I do my morning walk around my condo complex, I wear a pair of black New Balance.

Last night our annual Italian movie festival kicked off. I always buy a pass for all 6 films. It was a bit sad going without my Italian teacher of 6 year who moved to another state last year 😥.  They only allowed 30% occupancy in the theatre. The film was very good. They tend to choose ones that have won either Italian or international film awards. I am looking forward to tonight's film, titled "Metti la Nonna in freezer" (translated: Put Grandma in the Freezer").  Only in Italy, right?  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6982104/

It was chilly so I broke out my full-length jeans for the first time since early spring. Paired with a black and gray print merino sweater and my black/silver camo print street sneakers.

I took today off from to run some errands. I have a pile of books to take to the local second hand book store (we still have a good one luckily), and some decorative items for consignment. Then it's on to Home Depot to look at washer/dryer combos. The unit I bought has full size w/d currently, side by side, and I want to look at units that will stack, either small full-size or compact ones. That way I gain some extra space in the laundry closet for some needed storage -- mop, swiffer, vacuum, etc.

• Like 1

Hi again,🙂 Kat, I was thinking about your reply......if you meant walking around as in "running errands"......I just don't like them enough.....funny, since I have been retired? I can't believe it will be 2 years at the end of next month😲.....but most of the time I wear a slide sandal......and when it is cold, I wear a mule and/or clog style shoe.  I recall about a year ago or so I cleaned out all my shoes and Goodwill got a GIANT donation......I still have multiple pairs but not nearly as many as before Dec 2019.

It is raining and cool here today and they say it will be like this at least through tomorrow. I am in a pair of cropped joggers and a t shirt. 

Cynthia, good luck on finding a new washer/dryer!

• Like 2

Cynthia - they could have a multi-cultural movie showing: "Put Grandma in the Freezer" and "Throw Momma from the Train"  😀

Have fun with the appliance shopping.  I had to get a new dryer a couple of years ago when mine died.  WAY too many choices, different bells & whistles.  Since I line dry most of my stuff,  I went with a pretty basic dryer.  That's the thing - think hard on what you will really use and that will keep the price down.  

Lois - that's ok about the shoes.  I'm not a sandal person, so I think of those shoes for rockin' Florida.   I saw on the weather forecasts that you all in FL are going to be cool & rainy.  My neice is down in South Carolina right now and is not liking the cool weather - she was hoping to sit out in the sun without a jacket!  

It's a sunny day and the high in the low 50s so I might carry my lounger outside, relax in the sun and listen to some music...  OOTD: a pair of leggings and my Zion National Park long sleeve T.   Drink my smoothie.  (gotta say, soup & water & smoothies are already getting tiresome).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are having a "Noreaster"...........rain, rain, rain......some wind, and then some more wind. It has settled down to more rain LOL........it is about 50 outside.........just plain yukky.

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

We are having a "Noreaster"...........rain, rain, rain......some wind, and then some more wind. It has settled down to more rain LOL........it is about 50 outside.........just plain yukky.

& we’re mid 70s & sunny here in CO!

Good morning from wet and ugly north Florida😲........another day of rain/wind.  I was going to have lunch out but I don't even want to attempt it.   And it is still in the 50s..........

Melody, 70 and sunny? Sounds wonderful right about now. 

We're mid-40s and cloudy.  Saw that a lot of the SE coast is getting pummeled.  I heard it called a "rain bomb."  

Had to drop off a return at the World Market a mile away.  Man, I shouldn't have.  They are getting in all the holiday/Christmas junk food.  I can't resist!!!  The only time I buy at WM is this time of year.  Pannetone, leibkuchen, Mozartkuchen, ginger cookies, marzipan, Italian nougat,  peppermint bark, etc.  The return was actually a pair of shoes and a program called "Happy Returns" has different places you can return items to instead of having to repack and mail them back.  Just wish it wasn't at World Market...

OOTD:  my green jungle print leggings from Sweaty Betty, a teal hoodie from Athleta, and my high tops.  

I was asked to shoot a wedding. The bride is 82 and the groom 93. They got engaged last week. I guess when you're 82 and 93 you don't need a long engagement. It was a small wedding, maybe 20 guests, mostly family. I've never shot a wedding, but I got 402 photos. Some good, some bad, some ugly. I put them all on a memory card and handed them to the bride's daughter (my BFF).

The bride was beautiful in a navy dress with lace jacket, the groom wore a suit (with braces/suspenders!). I've never met him before, but he seems like a sweet gentleman. He obviously loves his new wife--they way they looked at each other. . . Plus, she sang to him as part of her vows--"You are so beautiful to me". There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

I had to decide whether to dress as guest or photographer. I went kinda in the middle. High neck gray top from White House Black Market and Athleta Moto tights. I look odd (to me) because I normally wear glasses, but not when using my camera. I handed the camera to my friend and forgot to put them back on. Eh, it's still me. And yeah, hubby's hair is longer than mine.

DSC07070.JPG

• Like 5

@PurpleHays what a great experience to have... very romantic, & love the pic of you & DH 🙂

Lois, I had no ida FL could get that cold...  I picture more tropical rain, but cold rain is a surprise to me 🙂. Congrats on booster appointment....  I got mine exactly 2 weeks ago at trial site, they asked me to wait 2 weeks for my flu shot, so I received that yesterday...  feeling a little cold & tired today.... going to take a warm shower, & watch tv in bed with a little boozy diet cocoa 😉 

Kat, love, love World Market... we used to have one that was half way between my house & my work...  it was my after work decompress place, but it's closed now, darn...  love their wine selections & holiday treats 🙂.  How is the mouth healing coming along?

• Like 2

Good morning🙂  Debbie, we are a large state........I am in the Northeast part of the state.  Our "COLD MONTHS" are normally late Dec, Jan and February.  Just like parts of California.......I am guessing the northern part can get quite cold too. 

Just to give you an example......it will probably warm back up over the next couple of weeks........and I remember years we had 80s around Thanksgiving.  But that is not normal in this neck of the woods either. 

And you are right, Tropical rains would be "normal" for south Florida. .....they get freaked out if it goes below 65. LOL..

Have a story, back in 2008 (my Dad was still alive then).....I took a 10 night cruise out of San Juan for my 50th birthday.  My birthday is in March but the cruise was in January so it was winter here.  Well, it was one of those UNusual cold spells........REALLY COLD.....like no higher than mid 40s during the day and below freezing at night.........(it doesn't stay that way around here for too long) but my memory brings it back when it does happen.  Well, I remember when I got back home, my Dad had told me he had asked my sister to go to my condo (I was living in a different complex back then) and make sure my pipes were ok!..........seems Climate change started a LONG, LONG time ago...............

• Like 1

Oh, I should have said, my pipes were ok........(thankfully). 

As for my flu shot.......I will ask the pharmacist is she thinks I should wait a couple of weeks before I get it or if it is ok to do it at the same time as the booster. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lois R said:

As for my flu shot.......I will ask the pharmacist is she thinks I should wait a couple of weeks before I get it or if it is ok to do it at the same time as the booster. 

Our doctor & our pharmacist recommended to do them separately where we get the high dose flu for ‘old folks’. We did the flu shot on 1 September & booster shot on 21 September. Melody

Nice photo everyone!  Melody - you must have watched "America's Next Top Model" - you have the "smize" going with the mask on (if you never watched, Tyra Banks called it "smiling with your eyes").  Purple - I like the idea of the Moto leggings!  I wear mine at work.  They add a little "zing" to the basic legging.

The tooth with the temp is going well.  The anesthesia did wear off fast and didn't leave that sore feeling that I usually get. The temp is on my chewing side, so good thing I'm drinking my meals.  I'd surely forget and then have the temp pop out.  I remembered I like V8 juice, so a cold can is a nice snack anytime.  I got some Bolthouse protein drinks and some of their Keto drinks for when I don't feel like blending.  It's hard looking at the Panettone that I bought, though.  Soon...

I talked with my boss the other day (well, texted).  I'm going back on the 22nd.  She has been promoted so she'll only be at the condos a few times/week.  She's on the hunt for her replacement, but she's having no luck.  The only 2 people I know who I'd recommend have moved out of state.  No, not me.  I'm in this just for the Winter and it wouldn't be fair to take a job that would easily take the Winter to learn (all the HOA stuff, purchasing, insurance, maintenance, etc), just to leave in April.  All I know - whoever takes the job had better keep our casual dress standards!!!  I do NOT want to go back to actually wearing something other than leggings and Tshirts with a sweater...

OOTD:  the jungle leggings again, pair with my "rabbit on the tank" Tshirt.  The gold color of the Tshirt actually matches up with the bits of gold on the leggings.  Barefoot since I'm in the house, high tops if I leave.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Lois, I think they are saying it's fine for everyone to get the shots together,  that's what they had my in-laws do   In my case, they want to isolate any possible reactions cause they do blood draws & testing at same time 🙂

Well, thank goodness your pipes were ok, & I learned something about N. Florida today!  I had zero idea that you could get freezes there, which I never realized could be so dangerous (TX last winter) 

Climate change is definitely real & here....

On topic:  our marine layer of fog is burning off, so will probably wear shorts & a tank top... starting to transition holiday decor from fall to winter...

Happy weekend everyone 🙂

• Like 1

@awhfy Melody, love the photos of you & your family on your cruise!  I can see the happiness & excitement in your eyes! & I'll bet being with your kids made it double special...  & looks like you had great pool weather.....  I am keeping my fingers crossed for our upcoming vacay/cruise 🙂

@slidergirl Kat, glad to hear the tooth is coming along, & sounds like you have firmly decided that you are not going back to year round, full time... hopefully the new manager will be a good one!

• Like 2

Hi girls.🙂.....got both my booster and flu shot.  So, they used my right arm for the flu and left arm for the booster.  My flu arm is more sore than the booster arm.........I just took 2 Tylenol. 

I keep seeing more news about the Houston Music tragedy.......omg........what a freaking mess of an event.  Actually, I just saw a clip of 2 folks from behind the stage who were yelling at one of the techs to "STOP THE SHOW"...........seems that tech guy did not want to listen.   Looks like Travis Scott can expect multiple law suits.........as well as the company who put on the show. The youngest victim was 14..........14 years old.😥

• Like 2

Lois, congrats on getting your shots 🙂

I also saw the news of the music festival... so damn sad..  & this has happened so many times over the years...  I actually don't know who this musician is, but yes, I think he & the producers/show runners have a lot of blame for these needless deaths 😢

Hi Debbie, I don't know the musician either. I only know his name from all the reports..

Oh, thanks.....it was 7 months ago this past week that had my 2nd shot.   So, now with this booster, we should be good for a long time (hopefully).

• Like 2