for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, well, the news is so/so.......nothing that says cancer but the Dr is not happy with the amount of tissue they were able to get (not a lot)....and when I had my CT scan on Friday, something else showed up.........😲 around my right lung.......some fluid and that is not normal and a couple of nodules. So, I need to have another CT Scan of just my lungs.   And she wants me to have a hysterectomy sooner rather than later.

Like in the next few weeks........so my March 30th cruise is a no go...........

What else can go wrong?😧

Bleh, Lois, I'm so sorry that it's wasn't perfectly clear, & now you miss out on your trip.    Not at all what I was expecting to hear, but thank goodness it's not cancer.

Your lung situation sounds similar to mine, please let me know if you have any questions.... 

anyway,  sending hugs & good thoughts your way, & hoping you can find a wonderful replacement cruise 🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Bleh, Lois, I'm so sorry that it's wasn't perfectly clear, & now you miss out on your trip.    Not at all what I was expecting to hear, but thank goodness it's not cancer.

Your lung situation sounds similar to mine, please let me know if you have any questions.... 

anyway,  sending hugs & good thoughts your way, & hoping you can find a wonderful replacement cruise 🙂

Hi Debbie, thank you so much and I spoke with my gf and she will come here and stay with me for a couple of days......👍.  I don't know the date of the surgery yet. But Lisa (my gf) will take me and pick me up. So at least that part gives me peace of mind.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

So sorry, Lois...was hoping for an all clear for you...  🤕 🙏

Thanks so much.........me too. 

• Like 1

Hi Lois, sorry that your news was a mixed bag. You've had more than your share of health issues over the last couple of years. I hope that pretty soon it will all be in the rear-view mirror and you can start to really enjoy your retirement.  Good to hear that your friend will be there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi Lois, sorry that your news was a mixed bag. You've had more than your share of health issues over the last couple of years. I hope that pretty soon it will all be in the rear-view mirror and you can start to really enjoy your retirement.  Good to hear that your friend will be there. 

Hi Cynthia, thanks so much........I keep shaking my head.......like, "REALLY"? ........so they took the scan and now something else shows up?.......I never had any health issues until I got into my 60s..........😲

I will be 64 on March 18th.........seems like someone upstairs just doesn't like me...........😮

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 6:30 AM, Lois R said:

I sailed on the Reflection for her 3 day Inaugural.........want to guess how long ago that was?............

It was December 2012! 10 years ago.  She was the last of the "SOLSTICE CLASS".........it was 

Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse and Reflection.  When I sailed with Celebrity I was on all of them at one time or another. 

Don’t forget Silhouette

55 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, thanks so much........I keep shaking my head.......like, "REALLY"? ........so they took the scan and now something else shows up?.......I never had any health issues until I got into my 60s..........😲

I will be 64 on March 18th.........seems like someone upstairs just doesn't like me...........😮

Health seems to go in a 5-10 cycle. I’m sorry about your health news. Get the surgery, spend time with your friend & recover, then go on a relaxing cruise. Melody

30 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Health seems to go in a 5-10 cycle. I’m sorry about your health news. Get the surgery, spend time with your friend & recover, then go on a relaxing cruise. Melody

Thanks Melody. I know it could be worse. At least I didn't lose any of my $ from my cruise. I have a large credit now and will use it this summer.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2022 at 4:55 PM, cruise kitty said:

You posted about this while I was in the moving maelstrom -- I hope you're feeling better now.

Good morning, I was able to get an appt for the scan of my lungs.......tomorrow at 3.

The follow up with the Dr is  Monday.  Debbie, I don't have any pain or breathing issues....if this had not shown up on last week's scan I would have never known anything is there......did your Dr want you to breath into one of those small machines?....can't think of what it is called but you blow into a hose (sort of) to keep your lungs clear..........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I was able to get an appt for the scan of my lungs.......tomorrow at 3.

The follow up with the Dr is  Monday.  Debbie, I don't have any pain or breathing issues....if this had not shown up on last week's scan I would have never known anything is there......did your Dr want you to breath into one of those small machines?....can't think of what it is called but you blow into a hose (sort of) to keep your lungs clear..........

A spirometer (to check lung capacity?)

Just now, awhfy said:

A spirometer (to check lung capacity?)

Hi Melody, didn't know the name.......I have seen it before.....it is like a little plastic tube and you blow a ball as hard as you can.......suppposed to help keep the lungs clear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, didn't know the name.......I have seen it before.....it is like a little plastic tube and you blow a ball as hard as you can.......suppposed to help keep the lungs clear.

Yes, that's a spirometer & you don't blow into it, you inhale so the ball goes up to the prescribed level.

52 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Yes, that's a spirometer & you don't blow into it, you inhale so the ball goes up to the prescribed level.

Yes, that is it...thank you for the correction🙂

8 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

You posted about this while I was in the moving maelstrom -- I hope you're feeling better now.

thank you!  they don't know at this point how much function of my right lung I will get back, but at least I know that,   last month when everything was up in the air & I didn't know if it was going to be the C word or not was the hardest.

Again, hugs to Lois, because waiting for info  is so damn hard. 

& are you full on moved in now?   If so, that must feel so good to be finally settled instead of "in between"

• Like 1

Hey Debbie, hugs right back at you too🙂

Not sure who watches Food Network (I do)......anyway, starting on 3/14 they are having a new challenge type show........it is called "The Julia Child Challenge"............looks like it will be fun.😃 I will be watching.

• Like 2

Hi Girls,

Its been months since I’ve posted. Just one “situation” to deal with after another and while I tried to read and keep up, it just became impossible. Also had issues with my iPad or maybe it was CC also. Finally bought a new iPad. Anyway, I won’t bore you with the details. I kept thinking that I would catch up so my posts would be relevant but the more I tried the farther behind I got. There are several milestones that I did read about so I will comment about those, knowing that I most likely missed out on a lot.

Kat, your barge trip and your plans for additional land adventures are very exciting, especially the opportunity attend the Andrea Bocelli concert. I’m looking forward to your trip reports.  

Lois, I am so very sorry that you are once again facing medical issues. Waiting for answers is just so stressful. You have certainly had more than your share of issues over the past few years. I plan to do a separate post for you because I believe you mentioned robotic surgery. I do have information to share on this subject. Hang in there, friend-we are all rooting for you!

Debbie, I am so sorry to read about your lung issues that resulted from having Covid. Glad that it wasn’t cancer but it sounds like it may mean some limits on the running that I know that you enjoy.  BTW, loved your flip, you guys did a really nice job.

Cynthia, congrats on your new condo. We would like to make that move but good choices are few in our area. I also admire your “downsizing” efforts. I want to do that also but DH isn’t on board…..yet. 

Purplehays, glad that you were able to return to skating-with your family’s approval.

Melody, that is some cast you are living with. I do hope that you will be fully healed before your next cruise.

Sherri, Debbie, Melody, Lois and all of you who have cruised, I enjoyed reading about your experiences. We haven’t booked anything yet.

Going to post this much and hope I succeed. Will continue if all goes well with this one

Sharon

• Like 4

Lois, my sister also lives alone and in spring of 2020 was diagnosed with endometrial cancer. Her surgeon offered her the option of robotic surgery and she said yes. This was during that time when everything was closed down and only urgent surgeries were being performed. A friend took her early in the morning and had to wait in her car until late afternoon when my sister was released. 

My sister had very little pain and by the next day was only using Tylenol. She healed quickly without any problems and is now an advocate for robotic surgery. She has talked to women who did not opt for this type of surgery and they all had a much longer recovery. My sister is in her 60’s.

I know that every person’s experience can be different but I will add that both my DH and my brother have had robotic surgery and in both instances the pain and  healing was minimal. 

I hope that your experience will be just as successful as theirs was. 

• Like 3