for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

13 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Cute outfit, Melody. Sorry to hear about your additional medical issues. Good thoughts coming your way.

Lois, happy to hear about the cancellation. That will be good for your city and so many others since people would have travelled from all over. I bet you are breathing a sigh of relief.

Kat, cooler weather is always welcome-send some our way, please! How is your eye doing? Hope the floaters are clearing up.  BTW, I know there is a mask requirement where you are but wondering about Salt Lake? 

CK. Your mom’s office situation is just unforgivable! Glad your mom is doing ok.  I’m guessing that if positive cases weren’t shared among employees, those with the virus may not have isolated or told other contacts, which makes everything that much worse.  However, there isn’t much you can do. I don’t know if you can report  anonymously. 

Well, today was not a good day. The months of dealing with this caught up with me I guess. I started out with good intentions but couldn’t get motivated to do much more than some minor jobs. That allowed the guilt to creep in. I feel like I wasted the day. Oh and I napped which means I will be up late tonight. I can’t believe how life has changed since March and not for the better! Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Made a big salad for dinner. Added enough extras to keep DH happy and then fresh strawberries with the coconut whipped cream for dessert. 
Sharon

Sharon - Sorry you hit a bad day.  We all have them.  Remember - it's OK not to feel OK.  

I had a big salad last night, too.  And, good call on the coconut whipped cream!  

The eye is getting better.  I don't "feel" it like I did as much.  Kind of weird with the floaties - sometimes they stay on the sidelines, sometimes they decide go to the center.  I notice them much more during the day - I'm thinking it may be due to my house getting so much light in it - than in the evening.  I'm trying my best to ignore them.  

As for masks:  Our governor has not mandated masks.  He's a toadie.  Summit County (where I am) and Salt Lake County are the only places with mandates.  Salt Lake Co's mandate goes until the end of August.  Summit County goes until Sept. 1.  With every place, compliance is spotty.  I don't get out much, but I will say that everyone who visits Whole Foods is very good about it.  

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the virtual hug, Lois. It “felt” good! Kat, thanks for the reassurance AND thanks for starting this thread! Hopefully today will be better.

We got up early and went for a long walk. We drove to a shady, much older neighborhood which I enjoy because there is variety in the architecture- always interesting to look at. We passed a small, local coffee shop and I sooo wanted to get a cup of coffee (we left before making any at home) but there was a line out the door and no distancing to speak of so we passed it by. 

Kat, I’m surprised that there is an expiration date on the masks. We don’t have that as far as I know. How can they  possibly know now what the situation will be a few months from now?  Guess it could always be extended.

Yes,  always masks at our Whole Foods. But masks are required in all our stores.  I’ve been to The Trolly Square Whole Foods. We stopped to get a few things and ate dinner there-on our son’s suggestion-he shops there when he’s in Salt Lake. We were driving home from the Midwest in October ‘18 when a snow storm caused us to change our planned route and we ended up on 80. I remember worrying that the snow would hit Park City before we did. But we did make it “down the hill” as you say before that happened. 

Curisemom, good to know that you have one less thing to worry about now that your parents won’t have to deal with the convention attendees.

Lois, I’m amazed you could actually contact someone at your local post office. Hope all goes well with your delivery.

Take care all,

Sharon

• Like 2

22 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Well, today was not a good day. The months of dealing with this caught up with me I guess. I started out with good intentions but couldn’t get motivated to do much more than some minor jobs. That allowed the guilt to creep in. I feel like I wasted the day. Oh and I napped which means I will be up late tonight. I can’t believe how life has changed since March and not for the better! Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Made a big salad for dinner. Added enough extras to keep DH happy and then fresh strawberries with the coconut whipped cream for dessert. 
Sharon

So sorry you are having a bad day . We all have them . Who would have thought this would go on so long .Hope you are feeling better ! Eat chocolate ! 

• Like 1

Thanks so much, Melody and Sally. Today was much better. Probably because we went for a long walk early this morning. Getting out always seems to help.  Sally, you are so right-who would have guessed that this would go on for soooooo long! On March 13 our DS and DIL  dropped us off at MSP for our flight home. He said “well, I don’t know when we will see other again” ( we usually see him once a month). I said, “this will probably be over by this summer”. Boy was I wrong! I think that one bright spot in all of this is just knowing that we are all going thru the same thing. 
Sharon

• Like 2

Good morning friends...Sharon, all of us were wrong (well, for those who thought it might go away more quickly)

but yes, we are all going through it together.  I was reading the news while on my walk and I didn't realize Dr

Fauci,  his wife and his daughters now all have to be under security😧....how sad has it become.....they have all be

threatened for their lives.☹️

To another topic,  I need to start looking for a new bed.  Mine is probably 11 or 12 years old.

There are so many choices out there!  And my new tv gets delivered on Tuesday afternoon😀

Two of our 3 kids have bought new homes during this mess. At least they’ve had the time at home to get things situated the way they want & do those pesky projects. 

Hi all.  Another day in COVIDland...

Sharon - the counties need to get "permission" from the Guv to do things.  So, I'm guessing "end of summer" is as far as he'd go for a mask mandate.  We had to fight to get to extend not going to Phase 2 for just 2 extra weeks.  Folks who shop at Whole Foods up here were ahead of the curve on masks - just about everyone wore them before the mandate.   I don't like shopping at Smith's because a lot of the people from the rural part of the county shop there and, well, they of a different "color" and don't want to wear masks.  If I do have go there (they have some things that WF doesn't have), I go in and get out as fast as I can.  I've driven past the Trolley Square WF many times on the way to Trader Joe's, but have never been in.  

Melody - I'm trying to send monsoon your way!  But, it's not getting here, just 10-20% chance of rain each day.  My now-ex down in AZ told me the other day that it's just starting down there, so it should be coming up to you.   Hey - on the beer front:  see if you can find a can of Colorado Core beer from Breckenridge Brewery.  A really nice combination of apple juice and blonde ale.  A nice summer drink!  

Lois - before getting a new mattress, think about getting a thick foam topper first.  I did that and it extended the mattress for a good 3 years.  I bought a 3" memory foam topper off of Overstock.com for about $100.   I'll wait for the next sale of the Westin Heavenly Bed mattress and maybe splurge for one.  I LOVE that mattress!  Every time I stay at a Westin I get a good sleep, and when I did my month working at the Westin Hilton Head, I slept so well every night.    And, yes, it is truly disturbing that there are whackos out there who want to do harm to Dr. Fauci and his family.  He mentioned that he got some hate mail when he was working on AIDS and Ebola, but now he is getting serious threats on an entirely higher level.   The politicization of COVID has gotten out of control. 

Thanks to every one for contributing to the thread!  It's a good feeling that, even though we are spread out across the country, we can chat about everything and help keep up our collective spirits.  

Hello to all of you! I just would like to thank all  as I have been lurking for a few months and have found myself looking forward to your posts, especially when I am having a down day.  You all seem like a great group of women and have definitely raised my spirits at times.  I hope for your continued good health! 

I shall return to the shadows😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

Hi from me too Sherri😀....you are closer to South Florida.........hope things in your area are ok! 

No mattress shopping today.  I ended up going out for lunch and then went to Dillard's. I did not buy anything but 

just did a lot of perusing.  It was nice to get out the house for a few hours.  And lunch was really good. We have 

a place called Tru Food Kitchen and most of the items are "clean".  Very fresh ingredients and you can see the 

folks cooking in the open kitchen (plexi glass in front of them).   I had one of the most delicious turkey burgers

I have ever had!  Very moist and flavorful--they make it themselves and you can tell😀 and even the bread....a

flax seed bun!   The side dish was a choice of kale salad or sweet potato hash, which is what I chose.  DELICOUS!

Kat, thanks for the topper suggestion.  Does a normal sheet fit over it?

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Two of our 3 kids have bought new homes during this mess. At least they’ve had the time at home to get things situated the way they want & do those pesky projects. 

I can not believe the amount of real estate action that is happening here .You would think it would be the opposite .

• Like 2

Welcome Sherri!  Don't just lurk - join in the fun!  We're just a chatty, gossipy group of women.  We do our best to keep everyone's spirits up or to commiserate.  Just remember to do the "OOTD" - Outfit Of The Day.  thanks to Cruisemom for that one!    I looked up your location - I know where you are!!  I go and stay at a friend's beach cottage in Cocoa Beach!  I've hit up a few restaurants down in that area and shopped up in the Eau Gallie.  

Lois - all of my sheets fit over that topper.  I think all sheets nowadays are the "deep pockets" ones.  

We have a place here that sounds similar to that restaurant - Vessel Kitchen.  It's kind of like a "fast food" method: you give your order of what you want to the person at the head of the line, then walk down the line, watching the staff make the plates (it's already cooked/baked or tossed), get a drink and pay the cashier.  You get a number and your order will be brought to you.  They have a really good selection of hot or cold side dishes and one of them is a sweet potato hash.  You can get 1 protein/2 sides or 3 sides or some good "entree" salads.  They stayed open during lockdown, doing curbside pickup.  We place our orders online, go to the lot, call them and tell them what car we have.  They still do it, even though they are allowed some indoor dining.  I do curbside - I'll probably do it tonight. 

• Like 1

Kat, Tru food is not a fast food place. .Full bar service and sit down dining room. You can eat at the bar 

as well😀 Full wait staff, etc.   When you come in the door they walk you to a table/booth, etc........it is a

regular full service restaurant. But your place sounds very good too!

13 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Kat, Tru food is not a fast food place. .Full bar service and sit down dining room. You can eat at the bar 

as well😀 Full wait staff, etc.   When you come in the door they walk you to a table/booth, etc........it is a

regular full service restaurant. But your place sounds very good too!

Oh.  Well.  It's really not "fast food" fast food, but excellent, clean food delivered fast.  They have the best pulled pork around and they just added some amazing wings (no doubt left over from all the pulled chicken or roasted 1/4 chickens they make).  It's very popular.  2 weeks ago when I called in an order, they were backed up 30 minutes from your promised time!  They do have a beer & wine license if you want to eat in.  Unlike Florida now, you can't get your booze "to go".  I love that.  I saw restaurants that weren't except for curbside were also offering cocktail packages to go.  

BTW - I just saw that DeSantis is thinking of opening up the bars again "since we've flattened out".  Yeah, flattened out, but at an extremely high level and still not at/below 10% positivity...   

37 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Oh.  Well.  It's really not "fast food" fast food, but excellent, clean food delivered fast.  They have the best pulled pork around and they just added some amazing wings (no doubt left over from all the pulled chicken or roasted 1/4 chickens they make).  It's very popular.  2 weeks ago when I called in an order, they were backed up 30 minutes from your promised time!  They do have a beer & wine license if you want to eat in.  Unlike Florida now, you can't get your booze "to go".  I love that.  I saw restaurants that weren't except for curbside were also offering cocktail packages to go.  

BTW - I just saw that DeSantis is thinking of opening up the bars again "since we've flattened out".  Yeah, flattened out, but at an extremely high level and still not at/below 10% positivity...   

Ahhh....I understand.   I consider this menu "eclectic"....they have a wonderful spaghetti squash casserole on the

menu.  And all the items have the calories listed.   No pulled pork or wings..........(which I love both)😀 and I love

roasted chicken too!  Who said we can get booze to go? Not sure I know what you mean. You drink it while you are

eating. I don't know any restaurants where you can take your liquor to go. 

As for the bars opening?.....The cases keep going up on a daily basis and so does the positivity rate.  I saw

something from The Dept of Business😦 I don't know what to say anymore........FL and California are exceeding

NY's number of cases..........and they want to open the bars back up😮.......I just shake my head.

Lois...IDK if it is still current but you can indeed get all kinds of booze to go as part of curbside and takeout service👍 IDK how they make up cocktails to be compliant with open container laws but I know that you can order beer. We haven't personally because we never stopped visiting the local ABC which has always been open as an essential business...and the one business that we visited on a regular basis. LOL. 

We've been doing way too much take out...I'm so ready to get to cooking again. DS has given me a list of things that he wants to learn how to do before heading back to London. It'll be good times with him in the kitchen...I'm looking forward to it. One thing he wants to learn, I have never cooked, but he loves...spending as many years in GA as we did, he loves fried and southern style chicken. He's been watching videos and wants us to try to figure it out together.

We did another run to the apt for moving more stuff. I got all the sewing stuff I'll need (machines and fabric, etc) to make more masks. I'm hoping to send DS to London with many many masks.

OOTD...black exercise leggings with open designs above the ankles (trusty Academy BMG brand) and a gray Athleta tank with shirred sides. Hair in pigtail braids. No makeup (normal). Taking a break from the compression socks today...wearing Injini toe socks with my Altra trail runners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Ahhh....I understand.   I consider this menu "eclectic"....they have a wonderful spaghetti squash casserole on the

menu.  And all the items have the calories listed.   No pulled pork or wings..........(which I love both)😀 and I love

roasted chicken too!  Who said we can get booze to go? Not sure I know what you mean. You drink it while you are

eating. I don't know any restaurants where you can take your liquor to go. 

As for the bars opening?.....The cases keep going up on a daily basis and so does the positivity rate.  I saw

something from The Dept of Business😦 I don't know what to say anymore........FL and California are exceeding

NY's number of cases..........and they want to open the bars back up😮.......I just shake my head.

I ended up going to my place and getting the "Hash Hash" bowl: sweet potato hash, pulled pork (not BBQ, just pulled), with pickled onions, cojita cheese (a mexican cheese), sour cream crema and avocado.  Soooo good!   Got a side of watermelon with feta for my dessert.  Added a Melon Cart beer to go with the food.  I need a second one - I drank the first one way too fast!!!

For awhile, when there was takeout only, I kept seeing ads for some of the restaurants in Cocoa Beach advertising "to go" cocktails.  Basically, they gave all the fixings for it and you made it at home.  Some places included a "free" sixpack of beer when you ordered curbside food.   Maybe it went away when they allowed dining.  It was sure fun to see a few places advertising their "drink of the day"!!!

Hi,🙂 maybe I just don't partake enough to know what kind of booze you can take "to go".  I rarely drink anymore anyway.

(Not that I was a big drinker to begin with) but I can say, going back to when I was released from the hospital, which

was May 2nd, I have not had anything alcoholic.  So that is going on 3 full months. It just hasn't appealed me and I 

haven't really wanted any. 

Anita, I don't make fried chicken but I know enough about it to say, make sure your oil is hot enough. Otherwise the

skin will get  crispy but the chicken won't get fully cooked all the way through.  There are A LOT of recipes on line

for it!   Good luck!

Hi All. All the yummy food talk is making me hungry! CA allows cocktails to-go as long as you also order food. We have a rather new cocktails lounge downtown and ordered from them. The cocktails were already mixed and in Mason jars along with a bag of ice. They offer curbside service and the cocktails must (by state law) be put into the trunk since the jars aren’t sealed. We added the ice at home. It was a nice change from our usual wine. They offer food that pairs well with the cocktails and we ordered a basic charcuterie plate. 

Yes, CA numbers aren’t good and yet tonight there is a big outdoor religious rally complete with a live band. They are going to pray for a variety of people and causes but the news report showed most without masks or distancing. The organizers are offering masks but will aren’t requiring them. It’s a huge group and apparently these rallies last at least 2 hours. They are praying for the doctors, nurses and first responders which seems ironic since this rally will most likely cause another spike in our numbers and our hospitals and medical personnel  are already overwhelmed!  So many inconsistencies in what is being done to get the virus under control. OK-rant over!

OOTD-older, favorite Talbots tee and 32 Degrees Cool ankle pants, also a favorite

• Like 1

I know here we were eating dinner and were offered to go cups for our margaritas.  I was finished but my husband got the rest of his in a nice coke cup with ice and a straw.  Fun times!

• Like 1

I guess I just don't know much about these places but since I am always dining on my own (and driving), I would never get one to go anyway🙂

19 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Hello to all of you! I just would like to thank all  as I have been lurking for a few months and have found myself looking forward to your posts, especially when I am having a down day.  You all seem like a great group of women and have definitely raised my spirits at times.  I hope for your continued good health! 

I shall return to the shadows😂

Sherri🙂

Join in Sherri!