for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Melody,  I agree with you about the new tv's being lighter in weight. But for me?  It was much easier for Geek Squad

to do it all.  It is just me, I do everything I can independently.  But sometimes, I prefer to just let experts do their job

and it was worth the $ for me to do it that way.  When my sis and bil lived nearby he would help me as your sil helped

you.  But they no longer live here so that is not an option anymore.   I have never shopped at Costco. Don't you have

to pay a fee to shop there?

Sending you good wishes on that scan!

• Like 1

Melody - grab a knife and cut it out!!!  Just kidding.  It can be a ***** to wait for news and to have to endure pain while doing it.  Could you call on Monday?  Maybe he forgot to post before he went on holiday.  

We already got a possible hiccup in our Old Hippie Ladies camping trip.  A forest fire started overnight about 8 miles down the road from where we camp.  The sheriff was evacuating the campground above ours.  It's really hot up here for up here, so that's not going to help.  We're trying to find an alternative in case we can't go there.   It's supposed go be 100-109 down in Salt Lake City and up to 90 here in town!  That's enough for the Weather Service to post a high temperature warning.  And, no rain in the forecast.  

I did some shopping for pickup through Walmart (I won't go into that store now even if you pay me!!!).  I had some odds and ends I needed for the trip - picnic tablecloth, lots of bottled water (no potable water at the campground this year), some Vitamin Water Zero XXX for refreshment, garbage bags.  Because of the heat, I saw a battery-operated little fan I could use in my tent and a water bottle fan I could use sitting out all day.  Unfortunately, when I went to pick up today, neither of the fans were available.  Wasn't a need, but a "those would sure be nice".  I have a ton of that stuff in my camping pile!!!  I'll have to use a bandana soaked in water instead!  <quick break to run to my "travel pantry" and take out my Bugs Off bandana and put on my camping pile>

To the FL ladies:  I hope the upcoming hurricane/tropical storm just waters your lawns and you don't find any leaks in the house! My grand niece just got settled up in Beaufort, SC, 2 weeks ago.  She may be getting a dump of water as a welcome gift, I guess.  

Have to do my laundry today, since the T-shirts the camo shorts I want to take camping need to be done.  I have to start rooting out of my camping stuff pile the basics I need to pack and then wait for our conference to see what shared things I have to pack.  Between us, we have a lot of stoves, shades, fire grates, kitchen stuff, so there isn't a reason for all of us to bring it all.  I do think I'm going to "glam" up my little tent area, though.  I have a "welcome mat" for my front door to put my shoes on to keep dirt out of the tent.  I have little glo-sticks to put by my tent stakes so clumsy me doesn't trip on them when I have to run to the bathroom in the middle of the night (or stumble back to the tent after an evening of drinking).  I have a hanging line that has carabiners on it so I can hang stuff in the tent to keep it neat and able to find things.  I should have bought some string lights to put on the outside of the tent, but I forgot (next shopping trip).  I have a little chair to put next to my door so I can sit there on my welcome mat and put my shoes on without taking them in the tent.   I have other things, but I don't want to freak out the girls.   I do have to run back across the freeway go the liquor store to buy some wine (can't buy it on Sunday).  

enough.  OOTD: what I had on yesterday since I didn't wear it very long and it goes in the laundry in a little while.   Dinner is going to be probably my arugula salad with lemon dressing and maybe some shrimp on it.  

Have a good day!

• Like 1

Slidergirl - I noticed you said your niece just moved to Beaufort.   We just moved to Bluffton, about 15 miles from Beaufort, about 8 days ago.   What is she doing in Beaufort?   That is such a pretty area.

1 hour ago, alidor said:

Slidergirl - I noticed you said your niece just moved to Beaufort.   We just moved to Bluffton, about 15 miles from Beaufort, about 8 days ago.   What is she doing in Beaufort?   That is such a pretty area.

She is starting her career as an elementary school teacher.  
I've been to Bluffton a couple of times.  I love that area.  I did a month at the Westin Hilton Head training new front desk staff a couple of years ago.  I had an offer to go work the Montage, but hot, humid weather and hurricanes do not agree with me.   I remember going to Bluffton Oyster Company on the river to get my fix of oysters.   That whole Bluffton area has really been built up over the decade!!

Bummer.  The forest fire has made us postpone our Old Hippie Lady camping trip.  If we didn't get evacuated, we'd surely suck in a whole lotta smoke.  Oh well.  Trying to find an alternate spot - if we can't, we'll wait a week or so.   

the wind is really picking up and it's 92 degrees!  That is NOT a good combination for fires.    I guess it's TV and the bottle of Rosé I put in the fridge to get cold for the trip...

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody,  I agree with you about the new tv's being lighter in weight. But for me?  It was much easier for Geek Squad

to do it all.  It is just me, I do everything I can independently.  But sometimes, I prefer to just let experts do their job

and it was worth the $ for me to do it that way.  When my sis and bil lived nearby he would help me as your sil helped

you.  But they no longer live here so that is not an option anymore.   I have never shopped at Costco. Don't you have

to pay a fee to shop there?

Sending you good wishes on that scan!

We pay $100 a year for Costco. Last year we were refunded $895 from shopping there, so I consider it money well spent. Our Best Buy here doesn’t have a hood reputation, I’m glad yours is good 

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Bummer.  The forest fire has made us postpone our Old Hippie Lady camping trip.  If we didn't get evacuated, we'd surely suck in a whole lotta smoke.  Oh well.  Trying to find an alternate spot - if we can't, we'll wait a week or so.   

the wind is really picking up and it's 92 degrees!  That is NOT a good combination for fires.    I guess it's TV and the bottle of Rosé I put in the fridge to get cold for the trip...

Stay safe Kat. The wildfires are popping up everywhere. Fires scare me much more than hurricanes

our FL gals, stay safe & batten down the hatches

• Like 1

Hi girls, Kat, you stay safe!  Looks like the storm is now Tropical but is supposed to "restart" over night.  It was

hot and sunny here today.  I think it is going to be worse for the mid to southern part of the state.  

I went looking for a new mattress.....I forgot how many are on the market😮.  There were 2 I liked from Serta

but I was not able to decide😧.....I like a medium/firm mattress. One of these was more plush and I couldn't decide

if it had enough support.  The other one was firm but not sure it had enough "give to it".........the guy

who helped me was very nice. He said to take a break from looking.  I went to 4 different places.  I will go again

next week. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 3:52 PM, slidergirl said:

Hi all.  I'm here.  The eye is OK.  I just got caught up in some stuff the past couple of days that took me down that rabbit hole of depression.  Allow me a little story here.  I worked with the US Bobsled and Skeleton Fed as Chief of Finish in Park City from 2000 until 2006 (including the 2002 Olympics).  I got to know so many athletes and some became friends.  I saw some start their careers as high schoolers and saw some finish out their careers.  There have been a few news stories this week in the NY Times and USA Today about the effects of concussions in sliding.  It brought back some bad memories of 4 that I knew who committed suicide and 1 who tried to.  It talked about some who have been developing Parkinson's.  It brought back some really bad memories.  Then one of the sliders I've kept in contact with alerted me to a film she did with Michael Phelps that was airing yesterday on HBO, "The Weight of Gold."  It spoke about the total lack of mental health care of elite athletes and how they are basically commodities to be tossed when they don't win.  She let me know that the film had stuff about one of the kids I knew from town and how he took his life 2 years ago (she was the one who found him in his room).  I tried to get ready.  About 2 minutes in, they show a picture of him and I just started bawling.  Then it got worse when they showed video he had made for a different documentary about his depression.  Then, Katie talks about how she was refused leave from the team to go to her father at his bedside when he died.  She was "too important".  She never got over it and no one would offer her mental health care.   It just made me to sad and depressed to know that all these young people didn't have to die or suffer with mental health issues.  So, I wasn't in much of a mood to do much of anything.    If you have HBO, watch it - "The Weight of Gold".  You'll be shocked and disgusted at the treatment of our "elite" athletes. 

I'm a very low level adult figure skater. One of our local coaches is very abusive to his students. I watched him skate right behind a mid-level skater *yelling* at her for her entire program. She was in tears. Mid level, not even nationals, world, or Olympic level. And her parents paid for his abuse. I just can't imagine the pressure or expectations put on high level athletes. It's no wonder they have mental health issues.

I don't have HBO, so I haven't seen the program, but would like to see it. Several of my skater friends have posted about Gracie Gold's part--I have great respect for GG and went to Nationals this year just to watch her skate. She has overcome so much.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Kat, you stay safe!  Looks like the storm is now Tropical but is supposed to "restart" over night.  It was

hot and sunny here today.  I think it is going to be worse for the mid to southern part of the state.  

I went looking for a new mattress.....I forgot how many are on the market😮.  There were 2 I liked from Serta

but I was not able to decide😧.....I like a medium/firm mattress. One of these was more plush and I couldn't decide

if it had enough support.  The other one was firm but not sure it had enough "give to it".........the guy

who helped me was very nice. He said to take a break from looking.  I went to 4 different places.  I will go again

next week. 

Smart salesman, you’ll go back to him. I like nonpushy Salesfolks

Good Morning Everyone,  well, the start of another week and no end in sight!  Hope everyone is well.

Lois and Sally, hope the storm doesn’t cause either of you any problems. Haven’t heard the weather report yet this morning so not too sure of its current status.

Kat, wow you are well equipped with camping gear-even the fun extras. Hope you find am alternate site but if not, just more time to anticipate and plan. 

Debbie, we are in the same situation here as we are also on “the list” and no matter how hard I try, I can’t really make much sense out of all the statistics, graphs and tables. Our county is not doing a very good job updating all their info so I have no idea how we are really doing, when we might get of that list and when I can get a hair cut! I have an appointment coming up but I haven’t heard yet if it will be cancelled or if all will be outside.

Lois and Cynthia, I hope your shopping quest is a big success. Cynthia, it sounds like your bedroom tv and ours are of the same era! I know that ours is probably almost an antique! We don’t use it much, however. Lois, bed shopping is complicated especially with all the choices. Almost need a 30 night free trial! Maybe they offer that now?  

Anita, how are the mom and son cooking classes going? You mentioned reading that clothing choices are changing because of the pandemic-more comfy may be the new normal? This morning I was in the closet deciding what to wear and it dawned on me that there are so many summer items that I haven’t worn st all this year. I seem to pass them up because they just don’t seem right now that I’m not going anywhere. I also have figured out which items need to move on to someone else’s closet.

Melody, hope you get your results soon, waiting is the worst!

redbird, glad you were able to order the jacket and top. Looks like a nice outfit.

Alador, best wishes on your new home. I seem to recall that you lived up north at the time of our river cruise. So this move means you have left the colder winters behind?

Actually put make up on today, we are doing a family Zoom get together this morning. As nice as this is, I just want to once again gather in person......

Hope everyone has a good week.

Sharon

• Like 1

Good morning to all, thanks for the welcomes.  I haven’t posted anything as my life is just way too boring 😂.  Our biggest excitement this week has been Isaias but it’s been downgraded to a tropical storm now so, hopefully, not as much rain or wind.  We have only lived in Florida for two years, did the snowbird thing for 10 years until I retired.  Hurricanes still worry me but our neighbor, a native Floridian, says you don’t worry until you hear the local meteorologists using the phrase “hunker down.”

My OOTD is just as boring,  I basically have been living in exercise clothes or a Gap  t shirt and denim capris since the quarantine.  A big day out has become my once every two weeks outing to Publix, for this special occasion I wear a nicer Gap shirt and put mascara on.  And I try to coordinate my mask with whatever color I'm wearing.

Hope you all stay safe and well!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Sherri - I did worry about you and Isaias since you are right there at the area predicted to be affected most.  I always heard not to be worried until Jim Cantore shows up...  (I think he's a Weather Channel guy).   I'm worried for all those turtle nests!!!  I hope they fare well with the storm.   As for the boring life: you know - sometimes "boring" is good.  

Lois - I've seen a few ads on TV with some mattresses that offer anywhere from  30-100 free trial.  Ask around!  I'm glad that I stayed at enough good hotels that I knew what I liked, asked what their mattress was, so that I could consider buying.  

Yes, my camping equipment goes way beyond the "normal."  I have this problem with camping and vacations - I call it "the hamster wheel in my brain."  A simple thing, like a 2 day camping trip or a trip to visit a niece blows up into something hog wild.  I remember starting something simple like going back to PA for my niece's wedding for 4 days and ended up thinking I should plan while I was back there to go up to NYC, then fly to London, then take the train to Paris!!!!  Same with my camping - I'll browse the REI, Backcountry websites and see something and go "that would be nice".  I subscribe to a couple of women camping websites and see something and go "that would be nice."   When I go by myself, I want to be comfy.  When I packed up the KIA
 Sportage for my roadtrip last November, I was surprised at how much I could pack and still have room.  I think I have some more things since then that will fill it up!!!   And, I'm going to buy those darn string lights!!!

On that sports front - I saw my share of bad coaches working at the track.  I still remember the new skeleton coach on the second night he was there for training, shout through the walkie so everyone (including kids) could hear "the only time I want to see your legs that far apart is with me" to a female slider (and she was married).  He was a major offender with sexual references.   I got another dose of major "downer" this morning.  One of my sliding friends from Canada alerted me to an article today in the New York Times about the mental and physical problems that she and others that I knew from the Canadian Skeleton Team had and still have from between 2002-2010.  It broke my heart again.  I worked with them for 2002-2006 for races, and had a little knowledge of some of what was written, but not to the extent it actually was.   On one hand, it is good that the issues are being brought up FINALLY (and the NYT was there when we did our sexual harassment suit and publicized it), but it is so hard to read how poorly they were treated.   Yes, the part with Gracie Gold in the film was good - they all were.   If you want, they put out a YouTube video talking about the film, "The Weight of Gold: Panel Discussion."  It's pretty raw, also.

Camping wise - we're just going to postpone.  We can't find anywhere that isn't going to be very hot and uncrowded.  There are still hot weather/red flag warnings out.  Every late afternoon, the clouds form over the mountains and possibility of lightning causing fires up there is high.  Sigh.  I popped open the Rosé I bought to take and had a glass last night.  Good thing I did - it was Rosé I hadn't had before (my favorite was out at the store), and it wasn't all that good, a tad too heavy tasting for a Rosé.  Oh well.  I'll finish the bottle, but I won't buy it again.  I don't like it when my favorites are out - then I can't decide on what to get!

OOTD:  another nasty hot day, so it's running shorts and a tank top.  I've got my hair up in a ponytail on top of my head - I'd NEVER go out with my hair like this, but it keeps the neck from sweating. 

Purdue - you have a great memory!  Yes, we lived outside of Chicago basically my whole life and just moved down to BLuffton, outside of Hilton Head, last week and we definitely made the right move!  It is a bit too hot for me right now but I figure if I can get through August, I’ll be okay.  But, it is really hot where you live, isn’t it?

Kat...DH and I used to backpack in CO when we lived there. Back then, all our equipment was about being as light and small as possible...but with DS entering our lives and making a transition to car camping as we moved East and South...things became a lot more about comfort. My eyes were opened to "glamping" up our camp site when I took a tour of this one woman's set up for her family. OMG. It was a bit beyond what I would ever do...my thought was "why bother camping?". She had a TRAILER full of stuff that they towed behind them for setting up their site. But still...some of those ideas were worth putting into action.

I grabbed some solar powered yard lights on clearance from Target one year. Those are great. Makes it a lot easier to navigate your site and make bathroom trips at night. Another thing was DS had one of those car road play carpets? I started taking that for the inside of the tent...really was nice to have that. And big thumbs up on the welcome mat. We also started keeping our gear in plastic tubs and would just take those and end up using those as "tables" inside the tent. I got the Cabela's camp kitchen and that was nice to have a place separate from the picnic table for food prep. It's amazing how little things, like remembering a table cloth for the picnic table can make such a difference in how pleasant a camping experience can be.

We like the camping music festivals...and it's fun to go around that and see people's set ups too. 

Sherri...we're close to you...just moving out to the coast from Orlando area. And we've only been in FL for a little over a year.

Sharon...the mom and son cooking classes haven't really started yet. LOL. Isaias through a kink in all of that. Better to be safe than sorry, I ended up going back to the apt to get it sorted and storm ready and bring a load of musical and other electronic equipment to the house. And then we did a lot of work around the house to get it storm ready. 

Everyone heard of Thomas Keller? I have his Ad Hoc at Home cookbook. We're doing the fried chicken recipe in his book. I was able to find two chickens under 3 pounds at Publix...so we're making the brine today, then will start the chicken brining tomorrow morning and fry tomorrow night. 

Meanwhile...I have this cookbook, Reata: Legendary Texas Cuisine. We're making chicken fried steak and white peppercorn gravy tonight. And maybe the baked mac and cheese from that book today as well. Not sure. How much richness we're going for LOL.

It's funny how excited I am to do some of the recipes from just these two books that I've brought over from the apartment. I have pared down my cookbook collection over the years...and added to it...but I wouldn't say I have a huge collection, but big enough...and with each cookbook, I've been so excited to make the recipes, etc., but then I only end up making a few. Even though at one point I wanted to make SO MANY. Has anyone actually made all the recipes in a cookbook they own? I haven't. I'm reminded of the Julie and Julia movie. I know there are forums and places where people focus in on a cookbook and then make recipes from it and report and share. I have often thought that I would do something like that...but I still haven't.

Anyway...I'm going to end up making several recipes from this Reata book. It's all so fattening! LOL. So much butter! And heavy cream! But man, it all looks so good. I'm deciding to not care... DS says that he just really likes Southern / Diner food and I think that's the hardest to find in London so he wants to know how to make it. I'll toss in Tex-Mex into that mix. We already did Pico. Pico de Gallo that is...there are a lot of picos in the world.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

Kat...DH and I used to backpack in CO when we lived there. Back then, all our equipment was about being as light and small as possible...but with DS entering our lives and making a transition to car camping as we moved East and South...things became a lot more about comfort. My eyes were opened to "glamping" up our camp site when I took a tour of this one woman's set up for her family. OMG. It was a bit beyond what I would ever do...my thought was "why bother camping?". She had a TRAILER full of stuff that they towed behind them for setting up their site. But still...some of those ideas were worth putting into action.

I grabbed some solar powered yard lights on clearance from Target one year. Those are great. Makes it a lot easier to navigate your site and make bathroom trips at night. Another thing was DS had one of those car road play carpets? I started taking that for the inside of the tent...really was nice to have that. And big thumbs up on the welcome mat. We also started keeping our gear in plastic tubs and would just take those and end up using those as "tables" inside the tent. I got the Cabela's camp kitchen and that was nice to have a place separate from the picnic table for food prep. It's amazing how little things, like remembering a table cloth for the picnic table can make such a difference in how pleasant a camping experience can be.

We like the camping music festivals...and it's fun to go around that and see people's set ups too. 

Sherri...we're close to you...just moving out to the coast from Orlando area. And we've only been in FL for a little over a year.

Sharon...the mom and son cooking classes haven't really started yet. LOL. Isaias through a kink in all of that. Better to be safe than sorry, I ended up going back to the apt to get it sorted and storm ready and bring a load of musical and other electronic equipment to the house. And then we did a lot of work around the house to get it storm ready. 

Everyone heard of Thomas Keller? I have his Ad Hoc at Home cookbook. We're doing the fried chicken recipe in his book. I was able to find two chickens under 3 pounds at Publix...so we're making the brine today, then will start the chicken brining tomorrow morning and fry tomorrow night. 

Meanwhile...I have this cookbook, Reata: Legendary Texas Cuisine. We're making chicken fried steak and white peppercorn gravy tonight. And maybe the baked mac and cheese from that book today as well. Not sure. How much richness we're going for LOL.

It's funny how excited I am to do some of the recipes from just these two books that I've brought over from the apartment. I have pared down my cookbook collection over the years...and added to it...but I wouldn't say I have a huge collection, but big enough...and with each cookbook, I've been so excited to make the recipes, etc., but then I only end up making a few. Even though at one point I wanted to make SO MANY. Has anyone actually made all the recipes in a cookbook they own? I haven't. I'm reminded of the Julie and Julia movie. I know there are forums and places where people focus in on a cookbook and then make recipes from it and report and share. I have often thought that I would do something like that...but I still haven't.

Anyway...I'm going to end up making several recipes from this Reata book. It's all so fattening! LOL. So much butter! And heavy cream! But man, it all looks so good. I'm deciding to not care... DS says that he just really likes Southern / Diner food and I think that's the hardest to find in London so he wants to know how to make it. I'll toss in Tex-Mex into that mix. We already did Pico. Pico de Gallo that is...there are a lot of picos in the world.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe...

Back in the days from my 20s to my 40s, my now-ex and I backpacked.  We did some weeklong trips - parts of the John Muir Trail, some stuff in Rocky Mt. Nat'l Park.  We had a great little tent from an old local company, A16.  It was ahead of it's time I think for lightness but served us well for years through sun, cold, rain and snow.   Now, that I'm an old woman, I'm happy with packing up stuff in the KIA and I do take some "nice and fun" things.  My welcome mat and another big one that I have to put under my Christmas gift sun shade are from a company that makes them for beach and camp - they shed dirt easily.   I actually have a "surf blanket" (think those old Mexican blankets) that I bought at Ron Jon in Cocoa Beach a couple of years ago that fits perfectly as a nice floor in the tent.  I keep thinking about getting a little "kitchen" setup, but, when it's just me I don't take up much of the picnic table.  I actually do have a tablecloth - just bought it for this trip.  My kitchen stuff is in a plastic tub - that was the first thing I did last year.  I should buy some tubs for the tent, bags, etc., but right now they hold a prized spot in my living room!   And, I went to the backcountry.com website and bought myself a set of lights (solar and USB chargeable) and a griddle for my stove.  If my trip hadn't been cancelled, I would not have bought, but, oh well.    Once I got on the website, the hamster wheel started going!!!   I do have a hammock, but I have to find the campsite that has good trees to hang it from to use it - I'm NOT paying $259 for a stand for my $50 hammock!!!  (maybe Santa will bring it for next year). 

Thomas Keller - yes, I've heard of him.  He has one of my bucket list restaurants up in Napa.  Haven't been able to get there yet.   He also has a Master Class program online.  I've had dinners cooked by his brother, though - a local chef here knows him and would bring him in for some special dinners.  As for the Reata cookbook - it sounds like this Cajun cookbook I got years ago from the Patout family - great recipes but oh, so, fattening!!!!   

It looks like all y'all missed Isaia and just got a lot of wind and rain.  Now, they predicted it'll landfall somewhere up north in N or S Carolina. So my grand-niece may be getting a roaring "Welcome to your New Home" greeting!!

We got absolutely nothing from this storm .It was dark outside but not a drop of rain .I have never been a camper but I enjoy hearing people's adventures with it . Years ago we used to go to a resort on a lake in the summer . My daughter invited a friend to go with us .She said we were going camping . When we arrived at a three bedroom upscale cabin my daughter's friend said I thought we were going camping . My daughter said this is camping to my Mom .She has to use strange utensils .

I used to use cook books a lot pre internet . My favorite was James Beard and Joy of cooking . I mostly wing it now .

Does anybody have anything they hate to shop for ? Mine is purses .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am on the other side of Florida so no rain for me.  In fact we are going to have a dry week ahead.  Camping is not for me either but I like all the upgrades everyone does to their camp sites.  I have a set of Southern Living Cookbooks but lately I have been cooking out of Pioneer Woman and Magnolia Table.  We have a Vera Bradley outlet not too far away and that is where I go for purses.  The last time I was there a line about 20 people long were waiting to get in so I will wait till next time.  I dislike shopping in general and especially now with all the rules so I have been using Amazon for any non-food items and Land's End for clothes.  Winn Dixie is a quick stop for food items.

Good morning friends🙂it rained a bit here yesterday but it reminded of a "normal summer" rain and not something

from a hurricane.  It is cloudy this morning and looks like it may rain today too.

Camping? I have a variety of experiences from my childhood.  I went to day camp when I was little. Then when I got into

Jr High I went to sleep away camp up in the mountains of Georgia for what back then were called "sessions".  If 

memory serves me, you could go for 2 weeks or 4 weeks.  It was fun. 

My family camped as well. I remember a couple of different trips.  One year we rented a pop up style (it attaches to

the car) and we drove up to North Carolina and met old friends from NY.  We went to Hanging Rock, NC.

One year we went to Myrtle Beach, SC.  When I say my family....it was me and my parents. My 2 sisters are older

than me and didn't go with us.  My oldest sis is 11 years older and my middle sis is 7 years older. So when I was

young? They were "older" and didn't join in on these trips.  When everyone gets older the age gap doesn't matter

really but when one sis is 10 (me) and the oldest is 21? She was already married LOL.

10 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

We got absolutely nothing from this storm .It was dark outside but not a drop of rain .I have never been a camper but I enjoy hearing people's adventures with it . Years ago we used to go to a resort on a lake in the summer . My daughter invited a friend to go with us .She said we were going camping . When we arrived at a three bedroom upscale cabin my daughter's friend said I thought we were going camping . My daughter said this is camping to my Mom .She has to use strange utensils .

I used to use cook books a lot pre internet . My favorite was James Beard and Joy of cooking . I mostly wing it now .

Does anybody have anything they hate to shop for ? Mine is purses .

I’m with your daughter’s friend’s mother!  My idea of camping used to be a Holiday Inn without cable; I’ve since upgraded to Hampton Inn without pool/hot tub

i also hate to shop for purses, I’ll dither for hours trying to get the ‘right’ one

• Haha 1

We did not get much out of the storm, either. Just a few bursts or rain and wind throughout the day with sunshine in between.  I suspect our two sons in VA will get more rain out of this storm than we did.

I haven’t been camping in years but it  was our main form of vacation when our  3 sons were young. We always did tent camping with no electricity. Most of our camping was at various state parks in Indiana but one summer we drove to Yellowstone, camping all the way there and back.  It was a great trip!   

OOTD is currently an old t shirt that I got from a bike ride years ago and a pair of jammie pants.   I will put on exercise clothes to do my “circuit training”.  Back in March when I decided my gym was a place that could be a big source of spreading the virus I stopped going and started simulating the gym circuit training at home by using our stairs for the cardio and some large bleach bottles filled with water for weights.😂.  I do this 3x a week and try to get outside and walk at least 5 miles each day.  Gyms are open here in FL so I could go  back but I am not convinced it would be safe, so I ‘ll just keep doing my home gym for awhile.

My least favorite thing to shop for would have to be a bra, I only buy new ones when the old ones are falling apart.  My husband has been known to comment on a bra’s condition, telling me I really  need to buy a new one.  But I also hate to shop for purses and rarely do!

Time to get my “gym” open! 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Hi Sherri, I was thinking bras too LOL.......in my case I had to get new sets and when I say sets......back in

November I had a lumpectomy and had to find specific bras to wear after (while healing)...at least the women who

helped me at Dillard's and SOMA were both kind and professional.  Then I had to get different bras when I went

through radiation.  It was quite a challenge.   

My least favorite is shoes.  I have wide toes but not especially wide feet, plus not very long (I'm 5'4 on a good day).  Finding shoes that fit all areas - let alone are cute - is frustrating.  Second least favorite is swimwear - I'm extremely endowed but not super wide.  I'm blessed with a great bra fitting store about an hour away and they have a couple suits, but limited selection and very pricy.

OOTD is denim capris paired with a loose knit/crochet top over a tank.  Donating blood this afternoon so want to be presentable 🙂