for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Kat, no hurricanes please..........or one at time. LOL

I found a tv and it is being delivered week after next......😀I was looking at a 55 inch but decided on 50 as it will fit better on the piece of furniture I have that it will sit on. And 50 inches is plenty large enough

for me.  The one I have now is 43 and I will put that in the bedroom. The one I have in there now is

32 inches (not very large these days).  I will probably donate that small one............

Woo Hoo Lois, you found one! So nice that it will fit on your existing  furniture piece. That was not the case for us when we bought a new TV last December. Our piece was just 3 inches too short so after shopping for something new to put it on and not liking any that would fit in the space we have for a TV, I went to a local place and bought a piece of clear plexiglass that they cut to size and beveled the edges. It worked out well with our existing furniture piece, isn’t really noticeable, and saved us a lot of money! 

Smart TVs are great but there is a learning curve. I imagine that the person setting it up for you can help you with app installation and if you have any streaming services. We needed to set up a password for ours.

Kat, hope your eye is doing better.  Melodie, hope you are doing ok.

Sharon

• Like 1

Hi Sharon, I have no streaming services.....probably one of the few people left who don't LOL.... I have cable and enough channels to give me what I want without the extra.

I have never had Netflix, Hulu or whatever else is out there. But they will set it all up for me.

22 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, I have no streaming services.....probably one of the few people left who don't LOL.... I have cable and enough channels to give me what I want without the extra.

I have never had Netflix, Hulu or whatever else is out there. But they will set it all up for me.

You and me!   When I got my Sony 2 years ago, I didn't look at streaming stuff.  Then, I discovered I get Amazon Prime streaming with my regular Amazon Prime account (for when I buy stuff - free shipping, Whole Foods) and it has some really good shows.  Then, my friends in Canada told me to get into Shitt's Creek and it was available on Netflix, so I bought into that.  So I've only been doing Prime since last Fall and Netflix in the Spring.  

Yes, have someone set it up so if you decide to go with one, it's ready for you.  

• Like 1

Hi Kat, the set up is part of the delivery......it is extra $ but worth it to me.  It is the "GEEK SQUAD" which is part of 

Best Buy. 

• Like 1

Hi Ladies,  I'm so behind here in posts, super busy with work, & still behind. Hopefully next week I'll be caught up & can catch up....   my garage came out pretty nice...  but I'm an idiot & didn't take a before shot, so I did a screen shot of our garage back when we bought our little house....  hard to believe those "windows" are just magnets :)   well, back to work!736150383_ScreenShot2020-07-16at2_57_07PM.thumb.png.5212ffee65809c1895b3950992f7c73b.pngIMG_9615.thumb.JPG.be998af93df0bf3a08aa1df23069ed5a.JPG

....Hope that everyone is well & in good spirits!   :classic_smile:

• Like 2

On 7/15/2020 at 6:44 PM, slidergirl said:

OOTD:  my Athleta camo Tshirt paired with my gray Athleta running skort.  White WrightSocks with my el-cheapo Just Fab tennis shoes (white, purple, orange with some leopard spot pieces).  I'm really enjoying my running skorts - kind of sassy but not skimpy like running shorts.  I may have to shop around for another one to put into the hot weather rotation.  They'd do well on a non-camping vacation, even a Caribbean cruise.  

I live in Athleta. It's a bit pricey, but it's well made and lasts. My husband doesn't like the hit out checking account makes when I go. Their masks are pretty good. You get five for $30. Soft cottony fabric and soft ear elastics.

1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

I live in Athleta. It's a bit pricey, but it's well made and lasts. My husband doesn't like the hit out checking account makes when I go. Their masks are pretty good. You get five for $30. Soft cottony fabric and soft ear elastics.

I am pretty much Athleta, with a little Sweaty Betty and Lululemon tossed in.  They are all about the same price points.  With the last job I had, I could go to work in Athleta - leggings, shirt, sweaters.  We got pretty physical - shoveling show, lifting luggage, pushing bell carts, stuff like that.   

Please indulge us in this thread.  It's been our "lifeline" to us living through the pandemic.  Sometimes we get a little political, but we try not to offend!

Cruise Kitty - nice job with the garage door!!! are the hinges and handles also faux?  I'd like to do this with my garage to spiff it up - it looks like your "before" but it's literally Battleship Gray than white.  

Awhfy - I had my Pineapple Cart ale tonight.  I forgot how good it is!!!

Later ladies!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

I am looking for a new tv😀.......I went to Best Buy yesterday and saw a few.....then when I looked on line at

their website I saw one for less than what I was going to spend.......same brand, same size.......so I am going

back to the store later this morning and will speak to them again. Right now I have a 42 inch SONY......(it is my

3rd SONY).....so I really like them.  I am looking at a 55 inch.....mine looks really small compared to that new one LOL

We bought an 82” (yup, I know!  Wow) Samsung at Christmas last year. Great for movies. We looked & looked & realized that the legs on the Samsung were adjustable & it would fit nicely on our existing custom cabinet (whew!). Our daughter & SIL brought it home in his truck (& he installed it, including all programming of our remote & instructions, what a guy!) Hope you enjoy your new tv! We only have Amazon Prime Video (& we’re thinking about Netflix). Melody

p.s,  Cruise kitty, love the new garage look. You said those are magnets?  Care to share where you got them?  I’m tired of our blah garage door & something like that would be fun!

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

Good morning,🙂 Melody, my condo (living room area) does not have a space large enough for an 82 inch tv LOL.

Every family is different for sure......I just wanted an upgrade and although a 50 inch is not GIANT, it will be plenty

large enough for me.

My garage only has one window on the side...those folks who have garages all have the same style. It is just solid.

I live in a condo community where some units have garages and some do not......I LOVE having one😀

• Like 2

Hi Ladies,  so sorry, still not caught up..  however, garage door makeover items are from Amazon,  the "windows" are magnets, but I bought the screw on faux hardware... some reviews said that because the faux handles protrude a bit, the magnet ones can get askew...  they were super easy to screw in....  the magnet windows things come with a magnet ruler with lines, & I also use a little leveler to put them on even :)

2004439940_ScreenShot2020-07-17at11_40_36AM.thumb.png.48c7c69729df06192f0d14677c2cd71f.png298735373_ScreenShot2020-07-17at11_39_56AM.thumb.png.9724f22bd330962004fa1c0ce6a7a7b0.png

On a sadder note, my moms boss died of covid yesterday...   & he was a t work with her in a tiny office up until last friday....  without masks.  (my mom didn't believe this was real)  no one knew he had this till he passed out on Monday.    Mom's now quarantined for the first time since this started..  we are also in a hard quarantine for two weeks as we were with her on Wednesday to help her with her phone.  We had masks on, but she didn't as she didn't believe in them at that time...   keeping fingers crossed that we are all ok :)

in the meantime,  I still have to catch up on my transactions....  which is a good thing, to be super busy :)   stay safe & healthy everyone!   I hope I  can catch up here this weekend :)    

CK....OMG......so sorry about your Mom's boss☹️ and I hope your mom is ok!!!!!!!!!!  How is she feeling? Is she having

symptoms?  And of course wishing you and your family all the best.  What a tragedy though......he passed out and 

died? 

So your parents live near you? How is your Dad taking this?  

Hope she realizes it is a real disease...........and hope she stays well. 

• Like 1

Oh my Gosh CK!!!  I am so sorry that COVID has visited your family.  From what I've seen and heard, everyone has different levels of illness - I sure do hope your Mom has an easy time with it.  So sad that everyone has to hard quarantine again.  If she get the respiratory issues, see if your health care provider thinks you should get a pulse oximeter to keep track of how it's going.  

I've heard of too many people still believing this isn't real.  Have you seen the TV images of the crowd in Utah this week, protesting masks?  Fortunately, they are not in my neck of Utah.  I've heard of people diagnosing on a Monday and passing on a Wednesday, to people diagnosing on a Monday and test negative a week later.  I hope your mother and everyone in your family belongs to the latter.  

• Like 1

Hi Kat, I saw that UTAH story on the news........WOW is about all I can say.

I read about the Mom/Mask/GUM...............unreal😲

CK, I am so sorry to hear that you and yours have come much too close to the reality of this virus. Hoping that none of you will come down with it. 

On a happier note, I love, love your garage make over! Thanks for sharing the info with us. I am going to see if those “windows” will work with our door. Our panels are more rectangle than some doors. 

Kat, I too have seen the demonstrations and am at a loss as to why it hasn’t become evident that much of this could be solved if we had a universal mask mandate. Unfortunately, there will always be those who refuse.

Has anyone been able to see the comet Neowise? We are going to drive a bit north tonight, away from all the lights, and see if it will make an appearance that we can see. 

Take care all,

Sharon

• Like 1

cruise kitty -- so sorry to hear about your mom's boss. 

I find it hard to comprehend how people cannot understand this is not some hoax or joke -- but I guess until it has a real impact on some people, it is just a lot of "talk".  

Maybe I was lucky or unlucky, but in the very first weeks, back in early March, both my ex-boss (who I'm friendly with still) and the husband of a good friend both were VERY ill with COVID. I have never taken it for granted, and also was able to convince my frail but STUBBORN elderly parents to take it very seriously.

• Like 1

Cruisekitty, I’m so sorry this has impacted you so closely. Hopefully your Mom (or you & DH) won’t contract it. 

thank you for the info on the garage door,I’m going to look into it. 

Colorado has just gone to a mandatory mask when around other people (inside or outside). One of the main protesters (against masks) in our city just contracted Covid...his protest changed to wear your mask overnight 

• Like 1

It was a late wakeup for me today.  I ended up awake at 3am and didn't get back to sleep until 7am.  Some of it was probably due to the neighborhood skunk: he has been "announcing" his presence lately.  When it's hot outside and I have to have the windows open and the fan running to keep at least warm, The Skunk makes me shut the windows!!!  

There is a 14 year old boy here in the same area as the UT protesters from the news who just tested positive.  He plays on a baseball team and they had a big tournament this week down there.  It's sad, but they reap what they sow.  Utah also just had it's biggest day of positives yesterday.  Even the LDS leadership had sent a letter to all the churches to be read to the masses to please wear masks - most times something from the Church will be heeded more than something from government.  I'm just thankful that my county is mask mandatory, even if some of the rural folks feel put upon.  

Cruise Kitty - I looked up pricing for your garage project - pretty inexpensive!  I will definitely see what I can do with it.  

OOTD: It's another mellow day - what else do I have besides those and appointment days - so I'm back in one of the sleeveless hoodie mini dresses.  

Have a good, safe day!!

• Like 1

Hi Ladies, & thanks for the good wishes :)    Sharon, Melody, & Kat, the magnet project was super easy, & there are different style "windows" depending on the style of your garage :)

Lois.  my Dad passed away 4 & half years ago....  so far Mom is fine,  & so far staying home thank goodness, hopefully she stays home the full two weeks :)  & to clarify,  her boss felt dizzy going down stairs on Monday,  called his kids who took him to get checked out, & died from Covid by Thursday.  So he more than likely was passing it along asymptomatically for a week or more...

TV wise:  this Christmas we bought ourselves an 80"  I know that's ridiculously big, but we do enjoy it :)  we do all the streaming stuff & it's nice.  We chose the LG model from Costco....  I loved the Sony ones, but the LG was crazy cheap with a coupon so....

Cynthia,  thank goodness your folks are willing to be careful,  I think now my Mom will be a bit more sensible ;)

Fashion wise,  wearing "brunch before lunch" tee....  will put on sun shirt, shorts & hat & tackle the completely out of control climbing roses in the front garden :)

stay safe ladies!

Edit to add:  Kat,  MangoKart Micheladas are delicious!!

Edited by cruise kitty

Hi from beastly hot Florida!!!!!!   I got a new set of cookware today🙂 went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and had a 20% off

coupon. It is called "Epicurean" and ended up being 90.00 so I am happy😀

Have a question for all of you----what do you use to clean your shower doors? I know there a million things out there

but curious what ya'll use to keep the glass clean......it is such a pain to stand inside the shower and try to go over

and over those doors.  Is there an easier way to clean them and KEEP THEM clean?  

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, alidor said:

Mr. Clean’s Eraser - works beautifully!

Is that a cleanser or a sponge type thing?  Just googled it.  Do you spray anything on your doors as 

well? I will have to try them.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi from beastly hot Florida!!!!!!   I got a new set of cookware today🙂 went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and had a 20% off

coupon. It is called "Epicurean" and ended up being 90.00 so I am happy😀

Have a question for all of you----what do you use to clean your shower doors? I know there a million things out there

but curious what ya'll use to keep the glass clean......it is such a pain to stand inside the shower and try to go over

and over those doors.  Is there an easier way to clean them and KEEP THEM clean?  

Thanks!

White vinegar & a squeege. Wipe it after every shower. Magic eraser works too, but vinegar is cheaper

98 here today, we spent morning out on patio but have retreated to the ac!

Edited by awhfy