for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Fun Lois! I'd be curious to hear how the brushed nickel holds up. We have chrome in this apartment and the water is SO hard...I've never seen chrome discolor the way that it does here in Florida. I've never lived with water so hard, I guess. Or is it something else in the water here? IDK...

For the house we're buying, the sellers reglazed the tiles and tub in the bathrooms. They had planned to put a new surface on the vanity tops too but they are so cracked the person said that it would ruin them because the acrylic would get into the cracks and expand and create more cracks. Most of the faucets are original to the house though...so over 30 years old LOL. The bathrooms are on our list for redo eventually...but one thing at a time. High on the list is to replace the shower head in the master though...

Melody...sounds like those zoodles must have been off...

Kat? slidergirl...love the Bennie....that's one of my faves. I can't make Hollandaise sauce well...but I have the cookbook that this sauce recipe is in:

https://www.drweil.com/diet-nutrition/recipes/eggs-florentine-orange-dill-sauce/

And it is fantastic and easy, and better than Hollandaise to me. You can substitute olive oil for the butter. I've used fresh squeezed orange juice...but I've also used tangerines or whatever other orange colored citrus I have. And I've used dried dill. I love Cholula sauce too!

• Like 2

Hi Anita.....not sure what the answer is but the faucets I have now? Well, I have a double sink and only use 

one  (It is just me).  I think the ones I have now are kind of cheap---have had them for a few years. The one I always

use? It now looks like the front of it is chipped and ugly.......I can do better than that.  The new ones are by MOEN

and will see what kind of shape they stay in......it will be easy for me to remember when they are installed.......2020!

But yes, we do have hard water...........so that is probably part of the problem.

• Like 2

I got brushed nickel hardware when I redid my master bath 10 years ago -- faucets for both sinks and shower fixtures -- it has held up VERY well. I've been quite happy with it. Can't believe it has been 10 years...

We had storms last night and power was out from 7-9pm. So dinner was leftovers, lol.

• Like 2

Good morning girls......well, made the poached eggs and they came out pretty good😃.  I decided to use my 1

qt saucepan instead of the saute pan and only put about 2 inches of water in it........I might have left them in the

water a tad too long but the yolk was still soft (I love the yolk runny and the white cooked).  

Melody, thanks for the help🙂 I am sure the more I try this the better they will come out!!!!!!!! At least neither yolk

broke! 

• Like 2

We have brushed nickel in our master bath & when we redo the upstairs bath (making it accessible) it’ll be brushed nickel. It definitely holds up better

Lois glad eggs came out almost the way you like them. Kat your Benny looks great

• Like 1

Anita and Lois, we have brushed nickel faucets-both baths, kitchen and laundry. They do not water spot at all. We also have hard water. They are MOEN. Lois,  MOEN stands behind their products. We had an issue with one of the handles in the bathroom. The plumber advised us to call MOEN and ask for new parts including the handle. No problem, they sent us what we asked for at no charge. 

Sharon

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 3

Hi girls, well, the fixtures are in and look really good🙂. They are MOEN.  I think I was the 1st call....he was here

about 9:30. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, alidor said:

Look at Grohe plumbing products.   They are expensive but sell a great product.

Thanks...........I already chose Moen and had everything installed this morning.

ashly - I owe you a tasty adult beverage!!!   When I saw my MD, I mentioned the new big blobby floatie.  She did some extra poking and prodding and found a little tear in the retina!  She made a call down to the Eye Center in SLC to see if anyone was available to see me as soon as I could get down the hill.  So, off I went.  Saw one of the residents and an attending.  They agreed about the little tear and said they could take care of it right then and there with cryotherapy - freezing the tear.  Good thing I'm not one to freak out when they said what this entailed AND that I have a high pain tolerance.  We went to the procedure room.  Multiple drops to numb the eye so that the resident could put in an injection to numb some more.  I got the famous "Clockwork Orange" thing to keep my eyelids from shutting.  A little probe was inserted and I was given 2 "shots" of freezing probe on my eye, somewhere in the back.  It was all over in about 10 minutes, start to finish.  It just felt like an intense "brain freeze" like when you eat a slushee.   I drove back up the hill - kind of weird to use my "near" eye to drive, but it got the job done.  I'm supposed to just relax for a few days to allow this to heal and pound Tylenol if the pain gets annoying.  I'm also supposed to lay off the computer, so I'll be offline most likely for a few days.  My eye would be perfect for Halloween - it's all red from the blood from the procedure.  I would have a perfect "two face"  - one side of my face perfectly fine and the other side horrifyingly ugly!!!   To show how weird I am - I had the nurse take a photo of my eye with the "trap" on it to add to my collection of things that have been done to me!!!   

So, if you don't hear from me, know that I'm OK but thinking about all of you.  Keep making those poached eggs!!!  I was bad last night.  I didn't feel like cooking and felt a little "invaded".  So, I made friends with Ben and Jerry again - Netflix Chill'd flavor.  I did NOT look at my glucose level this morning...   

Have a good few days ladies!!!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

ashly - I owe you a tasty adult beverage!!!   When I saw my MD, I mentioned the new big blobby floatie.  She did some extra poking and prodding and found a little tear in the retina!  She made a call down to the Eye Center in SLC to see if anyone was available to see me as soon as I could get down the hill.  So, off I went.  Saw one of the residents and an attending.  They agreed about the little tear and said they could take care of it right then and there with cryotherapy - freezing the tear.  Good thing I'm not one to freak out when they said what this entailed AND that I have a high pain tolerance.  We went to the procedure room.  Multiple drops to numb the eye so that the resident could put in an injection to numb some more.  I got the famous "Clockwork Orange" thing to keep my eyelids from shutting.  A little probe was inserted and I was given 2 "shots" of freezing probe on my eye, somewhere in the back.  It was all over in about 10 minutes, start to finish.  It just felt like an intense "brain freeze" like when you eat a slushee.   I drove back up the hill - kind of weird to use my "near" eye to drive, but it got the job done.  I'm supposed to just relax for a few days to allow this to heal and pound Tylenol if the pain gets annoying.  I'm also supposed to lay off the computer, so I'll be offline most likely for a few days.  My eye would be perfect for Halloween - it's all red from the blood from the procedure.  I would have a perfect "two face"  - one side of my face perfectly fine and the other side horrifyingly ugly!!!   To show how weird I am - I had the nurse take a photo of my eye with the "trap" on it to add to my collection of things that have been done to me!!!   

So, if you don't hear from me, know that I'm OK but thinking about all of you.  Keep making those poached eggs!!!  I was bad last night.  I didn't feel like cooking and felt a little "invaded".  So, I made friends with Ben and Jerry again - Netflix Chill'd flavor.  I did NOT look at my glucose level this morning...   

Have a good few days ladies!!!

Hi Kat.....oh WOW.......sounds like for 10 minutes it was quite a BIG ORDEAL!!!!!!!!!!............I hope it works and

that you will be on the mend soon!!!!  Please take care of yourself.    I am sending you all the best for a full recovery!

• Like 1

Kat, that’s exactly what it sounded like. I’m amazed they let you drive home!  Les has 5 tears & he couldn’t drive for 3 weeks. That’s when we got our first big flat screen tv (as all he could do was watch tv, no reading, no computer. It was a LONG 3 weeks!!!

heal well & quickly. Melody

Just a quickie.  thanks ladies for all the nice words.  It was lucky that we found it!  Thanks to Melody for suggesting I ask about it.  

The second and third days have been worse than the first.  I'm pretty good with pain.  This is just an annoyance, really.  But, I never realized how much my eyes do when I just move.  It hurts when I go to get up off the sofa.  It hurts if I move it in the direction of where the probe was stuck in.  But, in the big scheme of things, it's a First World Problem.  

Keep up the conversations!!!  I do just a couple of minutes a day to look - I can't help it.   Otherwise, I'll be on the sofa, getting pissed off at the news or binging Real Housewives or Below Deck!!!   Maybe an adult beverage now and then...   Later!

• Like 1

Kat, I’m sorry that your recovery is such a pain-yes, pun intended! I had a retina tear a few years ago and the ophthalmologist repaired it with a laser. Not anything like you have described so there must be different types of tears and treatments. All that said, I see you haven’t lost your sense of humor over this. Keep the positive thoughts and treat yourself to lots if diversions.

Sharon

• Like 1

Hi girls, I have never had a torn retina before but years ago I remember I scratched my cornea........I had to go to the Dr and thankfully he told me it should take about a day to heal......it did!

In my case, I just ended up going home (he told  not to go back to work).

I just slept for almost the whole day and kept the strain off the bad eye as well as

the good one.  Kat, thinking of you.

@slidergirl oh my gosh, Kat, the stuff you've been through!   Sending cyber hugs (with a mask on of course lol)  thank goodness they found it, & hopefully now your eye will truly be on the road to recovery.

I'm super behind on this thread, trying to catch up on my work...

hope everyone stays safe ( & sane)  & no more medical issues for anyone :)

Hi girls, well, I decided I am having a new faucet installed in the kitchen as well.🙂.....I got the single handle that you 

can pull down (if that makes sense).  This is the model:

https://www.moen.com/products/Moen/Moen_Spot_resist_stainless_onehandle_high_arc_kitchen_faucet/87808SRS

My plumber is going to think I am going a little crazy LOL.....but hey, I should have taken a big trip this year and that

is not going to happen.....so updating a little bit is a good thing.😃  the price on that page is NOT

what I paid....Home Depot had it for 200.00....that is the Moen website and it show over 400.00.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sailor_Sally said:

I love that faucet . I may buy it myself . My kitchen faucet has such slow flow .

Hi Sally, 🙂 I am going to call the plumber tomorrow and see if they can install it on Friday or Monday.  I have decent

water flow but my old one is from 2012 or 2013.    

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, well, I decided I am having a new faucet installed in the kitchen as well.🙂.....I got the single handle that you 

https://www.moen.com/products/Moen/Moen_Spot_resist_stainless_onehandle_high_arc_kitchen_faucet/87808SRS

My plumber is going to think I am going a little crazy LOL.....but hey, I should have taken a big trip this year and that

is not going to happen.....so updating a little bit is a good thing.😃  the price on that page is NOT

what I paid....Home Depot had it for 200.00....that is the Moen website and it show over 400.00.

Very nice faucet, Lois.

I think home upgrades at this time is a great thing!  We are supporting the local economy, taking our mind off lack of travel, and making our homes something we enjoy being in since we need to spend more time there.

Our major upgrade is getting new HVAC installed.  We didn't have any A/C before and baseboard heated supplemented with a propane stove.  We will now have a 16 SEER ducted system with a dual fuel 95% efficiency propane furnace/heat pump combo for our colder winters.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

That’s my faucet that our daughter installed for us when we on the cruise in March. She bought it at Costco. I love the pull down feature!!!