for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

54 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I don't know the answer to that one.......but I will find out the next time I eat out (probably this weekend).   If they 

can't serve liquor but can serve food? Not sure why they would do that........it is still making $ off the food menu.

It's a big topic on the Cocoa Beach FB group I belong to.  No one can say if the directive is just for bars or for restaurants that have bars.  It says no "in house" drinking, but you apparently can get "to go" like last month.   Coco Beach area has had quite a few places shut again before the pronouncement because they either had 1 or more employees test positive or they want to close to do another deep cleaning and let things settle.  

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I'd probably be hissed at on HAL  😉   

I don't know if I'd have enough room in my carryon for my booties, though.  I'd have to wear it with just my usual pair of Jambus.  They make it even more Hippie!!!   Or as my niece says, more "Granola Head."  

IDK it might depend on which HAL itinerary you choose. We did the Norwegian Fjords in May ‘19 and I saw a so many different types of outfits. Our DD , in her 40’s, our DS & DIL, in their 30’s, were among others who dressed differently than the older crowd. I don’t recall that anyone really paid much attention. If  people did seem to notice your outfit, it could be because it doesn’t just blend in with all the outfits others are wearing but rather it is more interesting. So it’s really up to you and how you feel in an outfit. 

We all traveled with carry ons only so that certainly does affect what we pack. Can’t always take it all!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

IDK it might depend on which HAL itinerary you choose. We did the Norwegian Fjords in May ‘19 and I saw a so many different types of outfits. Our DD , in her 40’s, our DS & DIL, in their 30’s, were among others who dressed differently than the older crowd. I don’t recall that anyone really paid much attention. If  people did seem to notice your outfit, it could be because it doesn’t just blend in with all the outfits others are wearing but rather it is more interesting. So it’s really up to you and how you feel in an outfit. 

We all traveled with carry ons only so that certainly does affect what we pack. Can’t always take it all!

I was kind of joking about HAL - there was always some kind of postings going on about how people still couldn't "make the effort" to dress properly for Gala night.  As you can see, I'm just not kind of dresser...

I was thinking back to some of the very, very few "better than your Sunday best" affairs that I went to.  They were largely in the Winter.  I have this fantastic long patchwork skirt with an eyelet lace under skirt that showed below.  The patches were all flannels and velvets.  Wore it with one of two Eileen Fisher black velvet shirts I had.  And, usually my black Tony Lama cowboy boots or my black "prairie booties" with pair of ankle socks with lace cuffs.  I still have that skirt, but I have to take it to a tailor to get the waist band taken in from a size 16 to a 10!!   

• OK.  I had a very brief moment of energy, so I pulled out the blue tank dress and the accessories.  The photos were abject failures, not really showing the dress.  But, my boobs were made to look MUCH larger than they really are!  The dress is a nice fine knit, not Tshirt material.  It is about ankle length has slits up the side to about just below the knee.  It is a racerback.  It's really plain and basic.  Good thing - it still fit even with the noshing I've been doing since March.  I wore it with the same Jeans jacket, so I didn't use it here.  I had a pair of really cute Kirk-Ease wedges that I thought would be OK - 2" wedge but 1" high, so not bad.  They didn't work at all - by the end of the night, standing for an hour to get the shuttle, my feet were in excruciating pain.  I gave them away.  But, I have on the sunglasses I wore plus the earrings and necklace I wore.  Those are my "Giraffe" pieces that I picked up at a women's cooperative in Kenya.  The beads are different colors you find in giraffe plus a few are the giraffe "spots".  One of my faves.   Oh - I straightened my hair - when I do it "naturally" curly, like I did yesterday, it does not look at all right the next day.  

fullsizeoutput_671.jpeg

• Like 1

Kat, it was on the news tonight........restaurants can serve alcohol as long as they have 50% capacity of seating.

So I am guessing that means I can still eat at the bar.  The entire thing is still going through growing pains of 

it all........You would have thought after 4 months things would be getting better but we can see what has happened

in the last couple of weeks.😲

24 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Kat, it was on the news tonight........restaurants can serve alcohol as long as they have 50% capacity of seating.

So I am guessing that means I can still eat at the bar.  The entire thing is still going through growing pains of 

it all........You would have thought after 4 months things would be getting better but we can see what has happened

Glad that got cleared up.  The boozers on the Cocoa Beach FB page were worried they wouldn't be able to get their drinks.  Some states just went too fast and didn't even use the CDC guideline they were supposed to use.  I think it was supposed to take 8 weeks IF all went perfectly - they were to be at each stage's statistical goal before moving to the next one.  They've moved FAR faster than that.  Nice to see that some cities and counties are going against their Governors and resetting themselves.   Should be an interesting court fight if a Governor tries to go against the cities/counties and their public health catastrophes.  

You can always go to the Grilled Cheese place!!!!!!

Kat, I like that dress and it definitely can be perfect for many occasions depending on your accessories,  and jacket or wrap. It is a very different look than your other outfit so I can see it’s a hard choice to make. I bet this one is easy to pack. 

As for footwear, I’m now in the comfort camp. Feet that hurt can spoil all the fun!

The other outfit you described sounds like it would  be fun to wear and a great winter and holiday event outfit. Definitely worth having altered so you can again enjoy wearing it.

Love your necklace and earrings! Isn’t it great to find something you love that is a really meaningful souvenir? I have collected several pendants on our travels. They aren’t large and I wear them on a silver chain necklace. I love each of them and the memories  attached to each one.

Sharon

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Kat, I like that dress and it definitely can be perfect for many occasions depending on your accessories,  and jacket or wrap. It is a very different look than your other outfit so I can see it’s a hard choice to make. I bet this one is easy to pack. 

As for footwear, I’m now in the comfort camp. Feet that hurt can spoil all the fun!

The other outfit you described sounds like it would  be fun to wear and a great winter and holiday event outfit. Definitely worth having altered so you can again enjoy wearing it.

Love your necklace and earrings! Isn’t it great to find something you love that is a really meaningful souvenir? I have collected several pendants on our travels. They aren’t large and I wear them on a silver chain necklace. I love each of them and the memories  attached to each one.

Sharon

Thanks Sharon.  It's a very simple tank dress.  It has better form than the photo (trying to do my own photo didn't work).  It's very easy to pack - it's rollable into a little sausage.  I still can't believe I paid $295 for it!!!  I really thought those shoes would work with my surgically-repaired foot and ankle.  I can wear my cowboy boots, so the wedge wasn't really any more high than them.  Just didn't work out.   I would have taken them off, but the street was filthy.  When I travel, I am HUGE on buying unique jewelry.  On that Kenya trip, I picked up some good pieces from the woman's collectives and the local villages we visited.  When I wear my collected jewelry, I can remember that vacation.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Gosh Lois, FL numbers today are higher than CA! Our restaurants aren’t at 50 % and outside dining is encouraged where ever possible. All sorts of other restrictions. One of our counties is now going to dial it back because of their numbers. Masks are mandatory in most situations but unfortunately the enforcement is left up to local govt. so not all that effective. Gov Newsom encourages voluntary compliance and of course there are those for whom that will not work. Our county’s health drop head is now talking about keeping an eye on hospital and ICU numbers and if need be also dialing back. I can’t imagine the protests if that does happen! 

Sharon

Edited by purduemom1

Good morning girls.....Sharon, Florida and Texas are both in a BIG MESS right now. As for Governor's? You have one that seems to know what he is doing.  Here in Florida? Well, not so much...............

Here in Colorado Springs they’ve closed off one of the roads downtown (where there are many restaurants) for outdoor dining on Friday night & all day Saturday. I really wish they’d close this street permanently. We haven’t ventured out there yet, no sense where I can’t really enjoy yet. We’re having brunch on Monday with good friends at the only restaurant we’ve been to since March (they do social distancing perfectly(. I’m looking forward to the tomato & herb omelette with Swiss...it’ll be my first real meal!  

When they opened the bars in Florida is was like an announcement to the idiots Covid is gone lets party.Now we are going backwards and the governor refuses to make masks mandatory .Sorry to be a downer . I have kept a good attitude about this until now . I am just so fed up . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Here in Colorado Springs they’ve closed off one of the roads downtown (where there are many restaurants) for outdoor dining on Friday night & all day Saturday. I really wish they’d close this street permanently. We haven’t ventured out there yet, no sense where I can’t really enjoy yet. We’re having brunch on Monday with good friends at the only restaurant we’ve been to since March (they do social distancing perfectly(. I’m looking forward to the tomato & herb omelette with Swiss...it’ll be my first real meal!  

I think this is happening in a lot of cities here. Had to pass a variance to allow it without charging fees. Have no idea of those details, just know it was taken care of. 

Melody, I am wondering how you and less will sit at least 6 feet apart from your friends? Will that mean different tables? We haven’t gotten together with friends since this all started. We haven’t come up with a safe plan to stay 6 feet apart and carry on a conversation without yelling which wouldn’t be good.

That omelet sounds so yummy-enjoy!

Sharon

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sailor_Sally said:

When they opened the bars in Florida is was like an announcement to the idiots Covid is gone lets party.Now we are going backwards and the governor refuses to make masks mandatory .Sorry to be a downer . I have kept a good attitude about this until now . I am just so fed up . 

Hi Sally, yep, that seemed to be the message everywhere!  We have friends who feel that way even though they are older and are in the vulnerable group. 

No, you aren’t a downer and you are not alone in the “fed up” group. I’m right there with you! As for the masks, they are mandatory here but no real enforcement mechanism so it’s hit or miss in many instances. I’m fed up with the excuses people give for not wearing them! Now I’ll add my apologies for the “downer” thing!

OOTD navy on the bottom half and pale blue on top-very boring.

Sharon

• Like 1

Neither one of you needs to apologize about posting how you feel.  Please!  We are living in a pandemic and feelings

are raw.  Who knows how long it is going to last either......with all the rising numbers? We are not going to make it

to the "2nd wave" as folks said would be coming in the fall because we are stuck in the 1st wave! 

Again, don't be sorry for anything. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Neither one of you needs to apologize about posting how you feel.  Please!  We are living in a pandemic and feelings

are raw.  Who knows how long it is going to last either......with all the rising numbers? We are not going to make it

to the "2nd wave" as folks said would be coming in the fall because we are stuck in the 1st wave! 

Again, don't be sorry for anything. 

Thanks, Lois. I know you are so right! OMG, When I hear about a second wave, I wonder just how much worse this can get!

Sharon

No need for anyone to apologize for being a "Debbie Downer."  We've all been here, done that.  Mine was just the other week.  There comes a time when we just hit our limit and we have to vent.  We're a pretty good little group here and we all understand.  I'm thankful that we have this tiny space here on CC were we are being able to share our experiences and get support during this wild and wooly time.  We can get serious, we can get mad, we can get stupid funny.  

We've got a "Red Flag" weather alert for the weekend - hot temp, very low humidity, winds.  Conditions ripe for fire.  I hope we stay OK as we have so far.   We got some good news from the town council last night - the last 2 big events in town for the summer, a big softball tourney and a big soccer tourney, have been cancelled.  Each one would have brought in a good 1,000+ people to town for a week.  Those weeks were always crazy busy for the budget hotels and the budget restaurants - " we have a group of 30 please."   At the hotels, I remember the roving packs of kids all evening...  So, it does seem that the town may be locals only for the summer.  Like it used to be in the 80s and 90s.  The City may reconsider the Main Street closure to turn it to all week long - it would be great, but I'm not holding my breath for it.  

On the Fashions and Beauty side - the low humidity turns any semblance of curls in my hair to a kind of funky "not wavy, but not straight" mess.  Another ponytail day.  Right now, I have on a pair of Lucky "knee pants" - cut off cammo pants that I found back in the bowels of my closet.  If I remember, I bought these back in 2007-2008 when I was wearing my knee-length cast on my leg. I gained a boatload of weight after that and they never fit.  I tried them on and, lo and behold, they fit!  But, they are so just not right in the length (what were we thinking back then) that the won't be seen in public - could be good for camping.  I've just a plain grey old Tshirt on top.  

• Like 1

good afternoon ladies,  for those of you who are feeling "fed up" & down, I totally get it, it was one of those weeks for me...  numbers are up, I didn't get to see the grandkids, husband is gone all the time as he only has until tuesday to finish his business close down, & get the building emptied... talk about being a Debbie downer :(    

Kat, I love your boho style, & I love the Sundance catalog, but usually will only buy from their clearance website,  they have some nice linen knit tank tops that I love,  although my color schemes tend to not be as bold as yours are,  pretty much everything I own is grey, black, blue or white.  

I did go to a TJmaxx last week & bought a cute washed silk tank dress for only $19  (it's a grey blue)  & a white linen blouse that ties at the waist & has roll up sleeves...only $15...  now with numbers up,  that's it for shopping for me,  I'll only be doing the grocery store every 10 days or so.  

We'll go paddle boarding tomorrow though,  that's something we can do & stay far away from people .

Melody, so glad you're healing so well!

Sailor Sally, hang in there & continue with doing what you know is right, even though it's hard!

Lois,  even though our governor is making good decisions, there are people who just won't follow the rules,   I'm sticking to only our Trader Joes & a particular Costco that has guards to enforce mask rules...  although tomorrow after we paddle board I will probably go into Gelsons & get some Poke...  they enforce masks there :)

Pacruise804,  hope everything is well with you, & cruisemom42 as well, I know you still have your big work project keeping yo busy :)

Hope I'm not leaving anyone out,  stay safe everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

I think this is happening in a lot of cities here. Had to pass a variance to allow it without charging fees. Have no idea of those details, just know it was taken care of. 

Melody, I am wondering how you and less will sit at least 6 feet apart from your friends? Will that mean different tables? We haven’t gotten together with friends since this all started. We haven’t come up with a safe plan to stay 6 feet apart and carry on a conversation without yelling which wouldn’t be good.

That omelet sounds so yummy-enjoy!

Sharon

They have picnic style tables that are 8’ long We’ll be on one side at the end, & they’ll be on the other side at the end

cruise kitty, I so envy you being able to paddleboard tomorrow. That’s what I’ve missed most about having a summer surgery. My Debbie downer moment happened last night when I tried to lower the porch awning by myself (I always do it easily) because we were in a high hail & tornado warning & I couldn’t do it. Luckily Les saw me & came running before I hurt myself. I’ve been in the recliner since then 🙄. Oh, we did get over 2” of rain/hail in under 10 minutes  

08459FB3-2B6F-404F-A2D9-891F181B73AE.jpeg

C3D2DBF8-6EB7-46C8-B8BB-C8F358D4372D.jpeg

87AB3F87-8C58-40DD-8CC4-C717D14353B5.jpeg

Edited by awhfy

@awhfy  that weather is crazy, hopefully no damage to your home or garden... one thing I've learned is that during these times it doesn't take much to send me spiraling in either direction,    discovery of a box of Otter Pops that I forget I'd bought, & you would think I had just won the lottery.... on the other hand, discover that I ran out of frozen strawberries for my nightly diet margarita, & I might start crying...ridiculous I know....  especially when I read about what you're going through, & Lois & Kat.   

I need to tell myself to "Buck up Buttercup"  ;)  I think next week will be better when I'm not stuck at home alone all day.  

continued wishes for your healing, & don't pick anything too heavy!

• Like 1

Woah - that was some nasty hail!!!  Somehow, that past by us, I guess.  

As far as Sundance, I've been shopping it since it was part of their General Store at Sundance Resort.  I really do try to only shop the sale section.  Or, I'll treat myself to something for a Christmas gift to myself or a birthday gift to myself.  There's even a Sundance outlet store down in Salt Lake that I meander through once in while.  Those booties - they had them for a couple of years, always at the regular price.  Spring, they put them on sale so I had to grab them.  My belt I bought at the outlet store,  But, that skirt just jumped out and grabbed me!!!  I have a hard time finding tops that work for me now with the big bust (size 16) but size 10 from there down.  The tank from Sundance fit the bill and wasn't too bad - $58 for all linen knit.   I have a TJ Maxx less than a mile away.  I SWEAR, I have yet to find anything in there.  All the good stuff must go someplace else!  

I'm done with the antivirals - YAY!!!.  Still have the Prednisone drops in the eyes.  Still waiting for the eye to get back to what it used to see, but it is slowly coming back.  

Stay safe and happy y'all and #WearTheDamnMask !!!

• Like 3

Hi girls, for any of you who like eggplant I tried a new one called "GRAFFITI EGGPLANT".  It is a WINNER😀

This is a picture:  They are much smaller in size from a regular eggplant and the flavor? OMG.......no bitterness at all.

Actually, they have a slight sweetness to them.  The one downside is the price but sometimes I just want to try something.

It was worth the price.  I only bought one LOL....I sliced it up and put some olive oil in the pan and sauteed them. Then

I put some grated parmigiana cheese on top and melted it........I have to say, they are some of the cutest eggplants

I have ever seen....(if a vegetable can be cute😀).

All About Eggplant!

• Like 2