for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I am surprised the pork even had any carbs......14 is great but for some reason I would have thought it would

have been almost 0.

My outifit of the day has been a pair of bermuda length jean shorts with a v neck tye died top. Colors

of blues/lavenders/etc and a pair of sandals. 

Well, the amazing pork had an amazing rub on it - that 14 is all sugar.  When I baked it off (the preferred method), the pork got a wonderful glaze on it.  That's OK.  I don't eat it all the time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Just saying hi on this Saturday.  We are having multiple food trucks tonight.  One of them has kabobs and salads to 

go with them. Meat and veggies sound really good to me. And one of the trucks is called "THE HAPPY GRILLED CHEESE"😃

all different types of sandwiches with different cheeses and other items.........I know there will be a dessert truck too

but I will probably pass on that one. 

This is the menu for the Grilled Cheese Truck........omg....some of these look DELICIOUS to me😃

https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2F12c19f35-76ff-7339-140b-249f8e8aa6ac.filesusr.com%2Fugd%2Fcffbaf_a95359f077334f7ba6c05ec707c5def8.pdf&data=02|01|sarah.achorn%40fsresidential.com|5bb0031a6a07447e221208d80d5adc9a|82dc41969dae4650955505bccddbfd01|0|1|637274031188908959&sdata=Ba4M25Jn2u36GzbA38f%2Fs8Ar0F%2BR7sT9%2B9GmQTB%2BvBs%3D&reserved=0

Oh man!  Lucky you!  Unfortunately, my town does not allow food trucks - never has.  They may change that soon, though.  

Grilled Cheese sandwiches are a definite weakness of mine.  I would have to stay WAAAAAY clear of that truck!

Have fun!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Oh man!  Lucky you!  Unfortunately, my town does not allow food trucks - never has.  They may change that soon, though.  

Grilled Cheese sandwiches are a definite weakness of mine.  I would have to stay WAAAAAY clear of that truck!

Have fun!!

I went with the Kabob truck and there was another truck that had roasted corn too.  I had a beef and veggie..........

came with salads too.  I passed on the Grilled Cheese truck.........they only use white bread and I haven't eaten

white bread in over 30 years......Oh, I had a roasted corn. I know corn is a starch but figured one ear would be

ok and haven't eaten any in a long time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

My special treat today. Non-dairy lemon lime swirl. So good!   Beat the heck out of soup! 

D94EB169-ECFD-4A71-8C71-4B24E3EED478.jpeg

Looks yummy😃

• Like 1

I'm getting too anxious, I think, about my eye.  It's back to fuzzy after clearing up mildly on Monday.  Grrrrrr.  And, maybe I can wake up before 10am for a change.

To show how weird I'm getting:  I'm seeing way too many TV ads for a local men's clinic which deals with "curing" male "performance" issues with electronic wave therapy instead of those pills.  And there's another ad for another male issue that deals with a particular "curve" on a sensitive piece of anatomy and how they and cure it.  I'm on a FB group where someone brought up that she just found Magnum ice cream bars - all of us went into the gutter immediately about "Magnum."  It's been one of those afternoons.  

Lois - did you get Mexican corn or just buttered?    Hey, even if the Grilled Cheese Truck only had seeded Rye Bread (my absolute hated bread), I would have stopped by!!! 

I think I'm losing my mind!!!

• Haha 1

Just roasted corn with butter on it. They had various spices you could put on it but I just wanted the plain corn......

just butter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Just roasted corn with butter on it. They had various spices you could put on it but I just wanted the plain corn......

just butter.

I actually like mine "naked".  But, butter is second.  It just seems that the Mexican corn is huge everywhere.  I don't like so much of that stuff on my corn as I want to actually taste the corn!

• Like 1

Catching up on a few pages of posts but darn, I think I’ve added a few pounds just reading about all the yummy food options that have been mentioned.

Kat, you mentioned some great ideas that could be done on the barbecue even if we aren’t camping.

Lois, love food trucks, we have lots of them here. Often in groups with entertainment included. Your choices were good ones that I would have been very happy with.

cruise kitty, we have only done curbside pick up and then transfer to our own plates etc. Sure wish we could be served and just leave the dishes behind but we won’t take that chance for awhile. Your Fathers Day plans sound very sensible to me. You are just being careful. 

Cruisemom, I like those pants. On me they would be longer length! I sometimes buy ankle pants just so I don’t have to shorten them.

Kat, hoping your eye improves. Maybe it’s stress related?? Hang in there, you aren’t loosing your mind. I think we are all on edge and this virus has just piled  too much on us that we have no idea how to handle.

Got a little dressed up today, even make up and jewelry because we did a Zoom celebration for DH. I baked a lemon loaf cake (from TJ’s), lit a candle and we all sang happy birthday. Tonight going to do curbside from a nicer local restaurant.  I’m just hoping there will be leftovers😉

Wishing all the dads and grand dads dads a happy day tomorrow. 

Stay safe all!

Sharon

• Like 2

Sharon - one of the reasons you can get shingles (anywhere) is stress.  So, being out of a job since early March could be some of it.   I'm one who can't wait for things to clear up, so this is really bothering me.   

Dinner:  again, I went to the fridge and couldn't find anything that appealed to me.  So, it was an apple and peanut butter for me tonight.  

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 6:58 PM, Lois R said:

I went with the Kabob truck and there was another truck that had roasted corn too.  I had a beef and veggie..........

came with salads too.  I passed on the Grilled Cheese truck.........they only use white bread and I haven't eaten

white bread in over 30 years......Oh, I had a roasted corn. I know corn is a starch but figured one ear would be

ok and haven't eaten any in a long time. 

Kabob sounds like a great choice.  I agree that the occasional ear of corn is likely fine, but I was amazed how much corn was on an ear when my kids had braces and we would cut the corn from the ears for them.

• Like 2

Happy Monday Ladies :)  

Sharon, your Bday/Father's Day celebration sounds great,  hope you had great take out...  we ended up doing ours from the local tacos n miches place,  honestly going forward we're going to probably eat at home mostly, until the we feel comfortable eating at one the outdoor dining options...  My Bday is in a few weeks & we think we might go out for it depending on how the numbers look here.  

Kat, I hope your eye is doing better today,  I  agree stress is absolutely connected to a shingles outbreak, when DH had his, it was under very stressful circumstances.  

Lois, yum for the food trucks, & that corn sounds wonderful.   Costco has a frozen elote kit,  I make it & add several chopped zucchini & a can of chopped tomatoes & onions & we use it as vegetarian taco filling,  we just warm up corn tortillas in the microwave & fill with the corn/zucchini mix...  the only thing is I don't know if it's carb heavy or not, but it is delicious!

3 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Happy Monday Ladies 🙂  

Sharon, your Bday/Father's Day celebration sounds great,  hope you had great take out...  we ended up doing ours from the local tacos n miches place,  honestly going forward we're going to probably eat at home mostly, until the we feel comfortable eating at one the outdoor dining options...  My Bday is in a few weeks & we think we might go out for it depending on how the numbers look here.  

Kat, I hope your eye is doing better today,  I  agree stress is absolutely connected to a shingles outbreak, when DH had his, it was under very stressful circumstances.  

Lois, yum for the food trucks, & that corn sounds wonderful.   Costco has a frozen elote kit,  I make it & add several chopped zucchini & a can of chopped tomatoes & onions & we use it as vegetarian taco filling,  we just warm up corn tortillas in the microwave & fill with the corn/zucchini mix...  the only thing is I don't know if it's carb heavy or not, but it is delicious!

Wait, it's Monday?????? 

I think my body rejected itself after not really sleeping Saturday night - I fell into bed about 9:30 last night, fell asleep around 11, and woke up at 11 this morning!!!  Good thing I had no where to go, nothing to do today!!!

The eye has changed today a little.  Still fuzzy but it doesn't have the weird feeling that it's enlarged.  So, maybe change is in the air.  

The first place that came to mind when you said outdoor dining for your Bday was Gladstones in Malibu.  I used to go there with co-workers when I lived in WLa and worked in Calabassas.  We'd drive home via Las Virgenes Canyon and stop in at Gladstones. It's right on the ocean and has a big outdoor area.  But, I know how you feel - I still can't bring myself to eat out here in town, even at places that have outdoor dining.  Not that I ate out that much pre-COVID (working the evening shift kind of eliminates going out for dinner).  We also are getting a big spike in cases again and unfortunately we have a Governor who just can't go against the grain and actually "dial it back" as he said he would when he announced our opening.  Oops - sorry for the politics...   

OOTD: It's getting boring.  My camo leggings, my "We All Need to Care" Tshirt (my reply to Mrs. Trump's "I Really Don't Care" jacket that she wore when she went to visit kids removed from families at the Border).  Ponytail in case I do go to the store.  If I go, I'll wear one of my baseball hats and my trail runners.  Accessories are one pair of studs and my Peace Sign drop earrings, my watch, and my wrap bracelet.  Yes, I AM still a little Hippie Rebel!!!!

22 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Wait, it's Monday?????? 

I think my body rejected itself after not really sleeping Saturday night - I fell into bed about 9:30 last night, fell asleep around 11, and woke up at 11 this morning!!!  Good thing I had no where to go, nothing to do today!!!

The eye has changed today a little.  Still fuzzy but it doesn't have the weird feeling that it's enlarged.  So, maybe change is in the air.  

The first place that came to mind when you said outdoor dining for your Bday was Gladstones in Malibu.  I used to go there with co-workers when I lived in WLa and worked in Calabassas.  We'd drive home via Las Virgenes Canyon and stop in at Gladstones. It's right on the ocean and has a big outdoor area.  But, I know how you feel - I still can't bring myself to eat out here in town, even at places that have outdoor dining.  Not that I ate out that much pre-COVID (working the evening shift kind of eliminates going out for dinner).  We also are getting a big spike in cases again and unfortunately we have a Governor who just can't go against the grain and actually "dial it back" as he said he would when he announced our opening.  Oops - sorry for the politics...   

OOTD: It's getting boring.  My camo leggings, my "We All Need to Care" Tshirt (my reply to Mrs. Trump's "I Really Don't Care" jacket that she wore when she went to visit kids removed from families at the Border).  Ponytail in case I do go to the store.  If I go, I'll wear one of my baseball hats and my trail runners.  Accessories are one pair of studs and my Peace Sign drop earrings, my watch, and my wrap bracelet.  Yes, I AM still a little Hippie Rebel!!!!

So glad you have a little improvement in that eye!

Kat, I love Gladstone's :)   but I have a feeling that if we do go out it will be closer to home,   our main restaurant street in our historic district is getting shut down starting friday for outdoor dining, & I think that's where we'll go...they've been planning it for a while, but apparently had to get special licenses due to serving alcohol outdoors...   & that's what I really want, a super good beer on tap served to me :)

& yes, our gov. has mandated masks statewide,  which I am thrilled with.....  for those that don't "believe" in masks...google "Great Clips Missouri covid masks"  it's an amazing example that they work when everyone wears them when inside :)

54 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

So glad you have a little improvement in that eye!

Kat, I love Gladstone's 🙂   but I have a feeling that if we do go out it will be closer to home,   our main restaurant street in our historic district is getting shut down starting friday for outdoor dining, & I think that's where we'll go...they've been planning it for a while, but apparently had to get special licenses due to serving alcohol outdoors...   & that's what I really want, a super good beer on tap served to me 🙂

& yes, our gov. has mandated masks statewide,  which I am thrilled with.....  for those that don't "believe" in masks...google "Great Clips Missouri covid masks"  it's an amazing example that they work when everyone wears them when inside 🙂

Well, that should be fun if the historic district is going for the outdoor dining!  Our Main St. is doing it, also.  They are also closing Main St. to vehicles on Sundays so people can wander without being restricted to the sidewalks.  And, definitely the good beer on tap!!!  I'm not sure how our restaurants do the booze thing - Utah punitive alcohol-wise.  But, you can get your drink.  

Did you see the video PSA the living California Governors did for wearing the mask?  It's pretty good.  I always use the Missouri hair salon incident when people ask why do we have to wear masks.    Oops - let's not get into "Hair" 😉  Utah was the only state that didn't mandate Stay at Home, but we did it county by county.  Then, the Gov took over when "someone" said it was time to reopen - the counties couldn't decide when it was best for their county.  Upset a lot of us here in our county - if we had our way, we'd probably be in the "take out only" and "no bars" mode.  

I'm glad you brought up "happy Monday"!  I totally forgot to go to my unemployment site and sign in for my claim for last week!  I usually do it on Sunday (has to be done by Tuesday).  Phew! 

Update to OOTD: a little too hot for my Tshirt, so I exchanged it for my royal blue tank top.  Makes my old-lady arms look horrible, but, hey, I'm too hot for anything else!!!!  I'll change if I go in public. 

• Like 2

Hi girls, I found out that the Grilled Cheese Truck is part of a restaurant too.......and the best news is you can

get any sandwich on a variety of breads!  Guess where I am going for lunch today😃.......I am going to try

one of those grilled cheese sandwiches and will be able to have rye bread!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I found out that the Grilled Cheese Truck is part of a restaurant too.......and the best news is you can

get any sandwich on a variety of breads!  Guess where I am going for lunch today😃.......I am going to try

one of those grilled cheese sandwiches and will be able to have rye bread!

Uh oh.  Sounds like it could become an addiction! 😜  I looked at their menu - so many to try!!!  The one with fried bologna brought back some good childhood memories!!!

Did you get the lightning show last night up in JAX?  I saw some photos from people in Cocoa Beach - it was spectacular.

Edited by slidergirl

Hi Kat, no, no lightning show here.   OMG...the sandwich was delicious😃.......actually, I only ate 1/2 and brought the

other 1/2 home!.....I got the California......grilled cheeses with turkey, bacon, tomato and avocado on rye.

I also ordered the chef salad and brought it home too......(big enough for 2 meals really).  I  have always liked

Bologna too.......fried with scrambled eggs! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, no, no lightning show here.   OMG...the sandwich was delicious😃.......actually, I only ate 1/2 and brought the

other 1/2 home!.....I got the California......grilled cheeses with turkey, bacon, tomato and avocado on rye.

I also ordered the chef salad and brought it home too......(big enough for 2 meals really).  I  have always liked

Bologna too.......fried with scrambled eggs! 🙂

Yay for the sandwich!!!  Gosh, when I was still in CA, one of the companies I worked for had a similar sandwich on the cafeteria menu - "The Turcado".   just not on rye, but sourdough.  Brought back some memories,  

• Like 1

good afternoon!  Apparently it's Tuesday, but HGTV changed up their schedule, so now my days are messed up ;)

Lois, the grilled cheese place sound sooo good!  & weird confession, I've never had Bologna...

I've been doing a lot of avocado toast though,  Thomas Bros. has english muffins that are whole wheat & only 100 Cal.   I use half & top it with avocado, & chopped tomatoes...a little lemon & salt, soooo good!

Kat, I need to google the CA gov. video & the lightning storm...  we are in our usual weather pattern of no weather lol ;)  however it's warming up here.

going to attempt to post a video of one of our wild bunnies...  we have fake grass in the back yard around the pool, so they make their way to the front to munch on the grass there  :)

That bunny is so cute😀 and I must say,  I keep forgetting about English Muffins!  I love them and always have...........

I need to remember to buy them next time I'm in the grocery store. And tomato and avocado sounds delicious on top.

Looks like the whole wheat ones have 23 carbs in them........I can have it for breakfast and/or lunch with various

toppings!

You have never tried bologna? There are different styles. I only like all beef but they have others on the market. Bologna and cheese sandwiches were a a staple for lunch when I was a kid.

You MUST buy some bologna and fry it up and make a sandwich with cheese.  I will admit most of ours were not fried Bologna, but it was a treat when it was.  I think our bologna was the pork & beef one.  Boar's Head has a good bologna.  If you ever had Mortadella, you kind of had bologna (minus those fat globs or pistachios). 

That is a cute bunny.  Looks like the ones I get in the Summer.  I leave a patch of greens in my little landscape edging so they can munch.  In the winter, the bunnies turn from brown to white - makes them very hard to see when I'm driving back from work at 11:30pm against the snow!!!  

I like the CA Gov's PSA. Although, I wish Arnold had brought his pet donkey with him on the video!!!  Look up Arnold and his pet donkey and mini horse!!!!   I remember seeing him driving through Ocean Park part of LA (next to Santa Monica) in his Hummer to go to breakfast on Main St.  Never saw him without a cigar!

I'm making a trader joe's run later, I'm going to see if they have bologna,  I feel so uninformed lol :)  I ate a lot of cottage cheese as a kid ;)  (& my mom sprinkled bran on it, CA, what can I say??)

Trying to figure out what to make for dinner....  think it's gonna be a bbq fish night..

& on topic OOTD:  right now it's flannel boxer shorts & a tank, but going to put on my Amazon black tank dress for the trader joes trip :)

Hi Girls, again catching up with the posts. Amazing how there is so much food talk. Guess that’s part of this whole situation we are now in. So today we went to Trader Joe’s  when they opened. I have shopped there for many years but have NEVER seen that store as  well stocked as it was today. Not an empty shelf spot anywhere. Took advantage and stocked up. I won’t share the total $ as I am still in shock. However we won’t have to go again for awhile. I do get a bit anxious when I shop now and just want to finish and leave. Certainly didn’t feel like that before!

Kat, how is your eye today! Hope you are feeling less stressed-oh wait, what am I saying? Probably not happening for any of us any time soon! I did find the salon video online. That is amazing, all those people and nobody got the virus.

Lois, that cheese place sounds  amazing especially since it’s not just your ordinary grilled cheese sandwich. We had a place here called Grilled Cheez that also did a variety of sandwiches. It eventually went out of business. Not sure why because the food was good. Don’t you just love having left overs in the frig?  Gosh I haven’t had bologna in years but it does bring back childhood memories.

cruise kitty, cute bunny and pretty back yard-no wonder they like visiting. Do they like snacking in your vegetable garden too? I just saw the video with the 5 governors. Hoping it makes an impact. I recently heard a woman say it was her responsibility to only protect herself not others so she wasn’t going to wear a mask. There doesn’t seem to be any enforcement mechanism. Law enforcement here does not have the man power to do it. We have to rely on everyone doing the right thing.......

Totally off topic but want to share this. DH received the HBO 5 part DVD Chernobyl. It is excellent. That happened in 1986 before the 24/7 news and all I really remember is the concern over the radiation cloud possibly reaching the US. There is so much more to that story. We have watched all 5 parts and plan to watch it again as there is a lot to absorb. Then our family plans to do a book club style Zoom discussion. DS has toured Chernobyl which is open although nobody lives there anymore. He said Geiger counters were in use during the tour and there are parts you cannot get to. He started the tour in Kiev and the guide told them that many people in her family and so many others  have suffered from illnesses because of the radiation especially affecting their Thyroid glands. Anyway, it is probably available if you have HBO or thru other sources if you don’t want to purchase the DVD.

So, for our expensive trip to TJ’s I wore about the same  type of clothes I’ve worn every other day-clean of course but kinda  boring and no jewelry. Very little make up-why bother since I wore a mask. Did fix my hair but the mask does sorta mess that up but I tried. 

Sharon

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I'm making a trader joe's run later, I'm going to see if they have bologna,  I feel so uninformed lol 🙂  I ate a lot of cottage cheese as a kid 😉  (& my mom sprinkled bran on it, CA, what can I say??)

Trying to figure out what to make for dinner....  think it's gonna be a bbq fish night..

& on topic OOTD:  right now it's flannel boxer shorts & a tank, but going to put on my Amazon black tank dress for the trader joes trip 🙂

I know what you mean about the CA thing. I think we were eating yogurt and drinking non fat milk before anyone else knew they existed-just kidding there. Let us know if you find bologna and what you think of it. I would imagine it is now available without all the ingredients that were in it when I was growing up and may now be available without nitrates etc, maybe even organic who knows? So wonder if it tastes the same?

Sharon

• Like 1

It is so interesting how differently we were all raised🙂.  I can't remember eating yogurt as a child. But as I got older,

I have always loved it.  So many different kinds on the market now!  I try to eat low sugar yogurt.   Not sure if any

of you realize how many grams are in "regular" fruit yogurt..........some have 16-20 grams.  I found a couple of brands

that have less than 9. 

As for Bologna/salami, etc........there are many kinds.........if you have a good deli, ask them about it.

• Like 1