for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

5 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, pulls so much easier than injections. They’re giving you lots of carbs!

She didn't say I have to eat 45 carbs at every meal...........up to that amount.  Actually, the paperwork I took home from

the hospital said 115 carbs per day.  This nutritionist said 135 per day.....so a difference of 20. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lois R said:

She didn't say I have to eat 45 carbs at every meal...........up to that amount.  Actually, the paperwork I took home from

the hospital said 115 carbs per day.  This nutritionist said 135 per day.....so a difference of 20. 

BUT, sometimes those 20 carbs are necessary!!!   

I went to Whole Foods.  I started to make my salad and then realized I had no Rice Vinegar in my pantry.  Decided I wasn't going to do much, OOTD-wise to go out.  So, I just added my trail runners and a baseball hat, no jewelry.  I figured, heck, I'm wearing a baseball hat, sunglasses and a mask - who is going to recognize me??????   

#Cruise Kitty:  I know what you mean about wanting to out and join the protest!   I had someone on FB group (where the "mystery bricks" around Brevard County was brought up) say to me "I bet you're just a little brat."  I had to educate him on my "history" - mom & I drove through Watts when we moved to LA, not realizing what was happening at the time, protesting the Kent State murders, protesting the Viet Nam Conflict, protesting the Viet Nam Conflict at UCLA when the Administration building was occupied,  supporting the 1992 Rodney King protests (not the riot, though).  

I saw a great little news blurb today - there was supposed to be a protest in Palm Beach, FL.  The only person there was an 80-year old woman, complete with mask and sign!!!  

• Like 1

Hi, got my stress test results back and the Dr said  "EXCELLENT".........not just good, but my heart looks 

EXCELLENT!🙂 nice to receive some positive news!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, got my stress test results back and the Dr said  "EXCELLENT".........not just good, but my heart looks 

EXCELLENT!🙂 nice to receive some positive news!

Yay!!!!!!!  That is really good news indeed.  

Still waiting on the hospital to open up for outpatient things like mammograms and a bone scan myself.  

Are they having you do the "full thing" colonoscopy or the one you can do yourself (that they advertise on TV)?  If the full thing, the prep for the colonoscopy is by far the worst part.  It's like being quarantined all over again because you do NOT want to be more than 5 feet away from the toilet!!  But, look at it this way - you're going to lose weight FAST!!  And, if you have an argument with someone and she says you are "full of it", you can say "no, I'm not."  🤪The procedure itself was easy peasy.   I know I wish I had a recording device when my now-ex has his - he was hilarious when he was coming out of the anesthesia he had - he'd repeat the same things, sang the McDonald's "hold the pickles hold the lettuce" song, would ask what time it was...   When I had mine, the doctor gave me a photo of the inside of my intestines - it's with the Xray of my shattered leg and the photos of the inside of my shoulder when I had my surgery.  What can I say - I'm weird.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Yay!!!!!!!  That is really good news indeed.  

Still waiting on the hospital to open up for outpatient things like mammograms and a bone scan myself.  

Are they having you do the "full thing" colonoscopy or the one you can do yourself (that they advertise on TV)?  If the full thing, the prep for the colonoscopy is by far the worst part.  It's like being quarantined all over again because you do NOT want to be more than 5 feet away from the toilet!!  But, look at it this way - you're going to lose weight FAST!!  And, if you have an argument with someone and she says you are "full of it", you can say "no, I'm not."  🤪The procedure itself was easy peasy.   I know I wish I had a recording device when my now-ex has his - he was hilarious when he was coming out of the anesthesia he had - he'd repeat the same things, sang the McDonald's "hold the pickles hold the lettuce" song, would ask what time it was...   When I had mine, the doctor gave me a photo of the inside of my intestines - it's with the Xray of my shattered leg and the photos of the inside of my shoulder when I had my surgery.  What can I say - I'm weird.  

I am having the full one.......I had one before about 12 years ago.  Actually, this all came about when I was in the

hospital.  The Dr actually came to see me and if I had been smart I would have done while I was there.  Oh well,

moot now. 

I know about the prep.......you drink and drink and have to cleanse your system.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I am having the full one.......I had one before about 12 years ago.  Actually, this all came about when I was in the

hospital.  The Dr actually came to see me and if I had been smart I would have done while I was there.  Oh well,

moot now. 

I know about the prep.......you drink and drink and have to cleanse your system.

Ask your dr. if he would give you SuPrep instead of the Golytely --- it's not as much to drink but you do have to drink some the evening before & then more in the morning before you have the procedure.....I'm a retired RN & I definitely prefer the SuPrep.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Ask your dr. if he would give you SuPrep instead of the Golytely --- it's not as much to drink but you do have to drink some the evening before & then more in the morning before you have the procedure.....I'm a retired RN & I definitely prefer the SuPrep.

Thanks for the information. I will ask. And my Dr is a she🙂

2 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Man, I remember the "prep" taking more than the evening before and the morning before!!!  I swear it was a good 3 days!!!!!   Or, it sure felt like it.  It was a rough drive down the mountain to the clinic - 30 minutes of "oh no, oh no".....

3 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Man, I remember the "prep" taking more than the evening before and the morning before!!!  I swear it was a good 3 days!!!!!   Or, it sure felt like it.  It was a rough drive down the mountain to the clinic - 30 minutes of "oh no, oh no".....

You still have to do the Mag Citrate, a light breakfast the morning before & clear liquids the rest of the day but you don't have to drink the gallon of stuff.

11 hours ago, 57redbird said:

That’s exactly what I was going to post. My husband was having colonoscopies every 3 months & the SuPrep was so much easier on him

Well today will be my first trip ‘out’ since last week. I have to go get another COVID Test prior to the hiatal hernia surgery on Monday. I’m really hoping to have both hernias repaired at the same time, but likely the surgery would be too long (sigh).

My OOTD will be white capris & a multi colored tank (it’s going to be mid 90s here) & my new white Sketcher trail sandals. Of course no one will see them as I won’t be getting out of the car!  Have a nice safe weekend everyone

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 57redbird said:

You still have to do the Mag Citrate, a light breakfast the morning before & clear liquids the rest of the day but you don't have to drink the gallon of stuff.

Well, that's good!  

I have to go to the back patio and cut down a crapload of chokeberry shoots.  Our neighborhood just had big dumpsters delivered today so we can save a trip to the County Dump.  So, that's going to require the first OOTD of running shorts and a tank top, with gloves as an accessory.  Going to be HOT!!!  After that I do have to make run into town to take my grand niece's college graduation gift to UPS, go to my pharmacy to pick up meds and go to Walgreens to pick up my diabetes test stuff (I had to switch it to Walgreens because my pharmacy doesn't do Medicare Part B supplies, only meds).  So, I may upgrade to one of my running skirts, my "We All Should Care" Tshirt, running shoes and baseball hat.  I'm feeling a bit of a rebel today.

Well, that was kind of a quick trip into town.  Quick drop off of the package.  Went to my pharmacy - turns out she is out of one med (will have it on Monday) and she could give me a 90 day supply of the other one for cheaper than the Medicare cost for 30 days!!!  It's nice to have a longtime friendly pharmacist!!!  Went to Walgreens and came home empty-handed.  Apparently, Medicare requires a "how many times/day will are you required to test" on the prescription and my NP didn't do that.  Never had to do it before when I wasn't Medicare.  So, I can try again on Monday for that.  Grrrrrr.

Cruise Kitty: I got my masks from Johnny Was today.  Wow!  They are soooooo cool!!!  They are nice enough to wear on Formal Night on a ship (keeping it cruise-related).   I also got my 2 free masks from the state today.  Some businesses in the state changed over to make some masks.  Definitely NOT formal wear, more "I'm going to a protest" mask (one black, one kind of green).  They are the tie type, which I don't like, but you know, beggars can't be choosers.  I'm now officially decked out to have 1 mask per day with 2 spares!  

OOTD: I did wear my grey Athleta running skirt, my green "We All Should Care" Tshirt, running shoes & faded red "Hell's Backbone Grill baseball hat.  Accessories were white watch, my wrist wraps bracelet, studs and my leaf earrings.  I was stylin' today!!

• Like 2

Another helluva week here. I stopped working at 3:30 today (started at 7:30) because I just couldn't focus any more. Still have work on the weekend to do, but at least I have some "veg" time this evening.

Eileen Fisher had a wonderful sale going on. I managed to nab two pairs of her slouchy silk crepe ankle pants (for cruising, to stay on topic) at just under $75/pair. Classics, and that's a full $200 off regular tag price per pair!!  One pair of navy and one of black. That should see me through the next few years of everything short of full formal...

The weather here is gloomy, humid and pop-up thunderstorms. But I don't care -- it's Friday!

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Another helluva week here. I stopped working at 3:30 today (started at 7:30) because I just couldn't focus any more. Still have work on the weekend to do, but at least I have some "veg" time this evening.

Eileen Fisher had a wonderful sale going on. I managed to nab two pairs of her slouchy silk crepe ankle pants (for cruising, to stay on topic) at just under $75/pair. Classics, and that's a full $200 off regular tag price per pair!!  One pair of navy and one of black. That should see me through the next few years of everything short of full formal...

The weather here is gloomy, humid and pop-up thunderstorms. But I don't care -- it's Friday!

Sorry 'bout the work.   Sounds like some hard liquor is what is needed during that "veg" time!

Good on the Eileen Fisher stuff.  I'm totally decked out with clothes that, even if I had money, I wouldn't buy.  I just don't see my travel or work (if I go back) needing more than what I have.  

40 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Sorry 'bout the work.   Sounds like some hard liquor is what is needed during that "veg" time!

Good on the Eileen Fisher stuff.  I'm totally decked out with clothes that, even if I had money, I wouldn't buy.  I just don't see my travel or work (if I go back) needing more than what I have.  

The silk pants are one of my staples for travel. (I prefer pants and a top to a LBD.). They pack down to nothing and the wrinkles just fall out in a steamy bathroom for a few minutes.  I've had my current black pair for at least 5-6 years and they are getting a tad shiny in spots. They are great for everything from a dinner in Rome to a museum cocktails and lecture at home.

I just recently branched out from my "all black" evening wear to navy after finding a gorgeous navy lace and sequin shell on deep discount after the holidays and a pair of the same, comfortable stretch leather 'slipper' loafers in navy that I always wear in black. Navy seems to be the color of the moment, but I have a hard time with it even though people say it is flattering on me. It has always been my mom's color. :classic_wacko:

Cruisemom, thanks for the tip on EF pants. I love those, great buy. I too wear black (or bronze) silk pants with sparkly top for cruising

FYI COVID Test came out negative so surgery is on for o700 Monday morning with a show time of 0530. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 3:38 PM, cruise kitty said:

Hi, the mask is from Johnny Was....  it's the one thing I can afford on their website lol 🙂   $25 for a pack of 5, & some of the ones I received are silk!  super comfy 🙂

cruise kitty -- I'm looking for some masks that are more breathable. Initially we had some of the surgical ones that feel like paper, and they weren't terrible, but they are about gone and I can't get more. 

I have bought online a couple of different "cloth" ones (one of them is like an oxford-cloth shirt material, the other is more like a light terry-cloth).  I find both of them very difficult to wear -- cannot breathe well in them. And if I wear them for more than about half an hour, I start getting an oxygen-deprived headache....

I like the way the ones look from Johnny Was, but only if they are also functional for me. Can you give a bit more detail?  Easy to wear for longer periods?  Thanks!

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Cruisemom, thanks for the tip on EF pants. I love those, great buy. I too wear black (or bronze) silk pants with sparkly top for cruising

FYI COVID Test came out negative so surgery is on for o700 Monday morning with a show time of 0530. 

I'll  be thinking good thoughts for you on Monday.   

• Like 1

Wishing you good thoughts for the surgery too🙂

Oh...I have to tell you all something....the nutritionist suggested butter as well.......So I bought the whipped

kind.  It is MUCH easier to spread than a stick! 

• Like 2