for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

6 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

slidergirl...IDK how familiar you are with the area? It sounds like you have friends here and visit? We weren't on a bridge...we were in a park along US 1 that is right there along the waterfront. Cars were double-parked all along the one side and every inch of available lawn landscaping and parking on the other side...double and triple parked...OMG. That's why I said it was chaos. We arrived just before 4, desperate for a bathroom... We managed to find a workable situation there that wasn't too scary...and in fact, was pretty darn good, all things considered. Then I managed to squeeze the car in front of another one at a corner, with probably less than ideal space between the front and the corner? But enough for the conditions! LOL. Late arrival...we were poised well for a decent getaway...but with that many people...the traffic was significant.

IDK if we'll go back on Saturday? Or how we'll work it this weekend. DH and I haven't talked about it. We'll see...

I have a dear friend who is from the area.  She has a great little beach cottage in Cocoa Beach that I use once in awhile.  I love to drive all around where I'm at, not just park myself at a pool or beach.  So, yep, I've driven through there.   She also hooked me up to several Cocoa Beach FB groups to keep up on what is going on, where to eat, etc.  

You got there just before 4???  Wow!  Cutting it close there, but looks like it worked to your favor.  If you don't go, be sure to watch it on space.com!!!!   

17 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

We drove to Titusville and back...so many people. So many cars parked wherever they could be parked. It was street festival chaos! Really fun atmosphere though. We managed to park the car and be at the same park we were at for the night launch last summer. So disappointed that it was canceled due to lightning. Ah well.

B41698-F5-3414-4704-A83-A-CBEDFBB5773-B.

We stayed well separated from everyone...my feet were at the water and we found some rocks to sit on in the brush LOL. It felt like groups were together and kind of sort of maintaining some distance...kinda? Ah well. Traffic was horrible but I always enjoy spending time with DH. 

love this pic anita!   but the people in the background, yikes!  glad you two stayed in your little safe zone :)   I had my first "real" outing yesterday....  I've been going to the grocery store about once a week for the last few weeks, & I upped my game to an amazon return at the Amazon locker location (basically it's like putting your return in a big mailbox like bin in a wall)   then I walked on the pathway above the beach for a few hours...  put on a mask whenever anyone came within 10 feet, which wasn't often...  it was beautiful, & weird with all the cargo ships sitting there with nowhere to go.

IMG_9348.thumb.jpg.34dbea9b22399d9ae584276c5e053d40.jpg

IMG_9362.thumb.JPG.4c01b8f90cd4799e76ea9c532eb657f4.JPG

• Like 2

6 hours ago, awhfy said:

I worked at Kennedy Space Center for 3 years until Challenger. 

that's amazing.... & so sad,  it must have been terrible for you.    I can remember exactly where I was when it happened...  in traffic school (first ticket lol for a rolling stop)  & I was looking at bridal magazines (we got married that year) 

6 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

love this pic anita!   but the people in the background, yikes!  glad you two stayed in your little safe zone 🙂   I had my first "real" outing yesterday....  I've been going to the grocery store about once a week for the last few weeks, & I upped my game to an amazon return at the Amazon locker location (basically it's like putting your return in a big mailbox like bin in a wall)   then I walked on the pathway above the beach for a few hours...  put on a mask whenever anyone came within 10 feet, which wasn't often...  it was beautiful, & weird with all the cargo ships sitting there with nowhere to go.

IMG_9348.thumb.jpg.34dbea9b22399d9ae584276c5e053d40.jpg

IMG_9362.thumb.JPG.4c01b8f90cd4799e76ea9c532eb657f4.JPG

I know that drilling island in the background!!!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I know that drilling island in the background!!!!!

what's so weird is that this scene should be filled with sailboats... not freight ships...  there were some sailboats, but not a lot.   I desperately want to take our little Lido out...  but we trailer her, don't have a slip....hopefully in the next few weeks we'll be able to get out :)   

My haircut appointment for next week got cancelled again...  made another one for July 15th, keeping fingers crossed that salons will be allowed to reopen in some form by then :)

cruisekitty, you look very well coordinated and I love that mask. Hope it isn’t as warm (hot) there as it is here, Salons  are open now in my part of the state. 

I went to Costco this morning-hadn’t been there since mid February, before all the madness so I saw quite a difference. My list was long and I was able to take care of most of it. They were out of some things or the brands available weren’t what I wanted. This location is usually very busy but maybe the heat kept some home. I almost fainted when I saw the total $! However for a 3 and half month absence I guess it was actually pretty normal. The clothing I wore was pretty much what I would have worn if this were just a normal Costco trip. Didn’t bother much with makeup since the mask covers up  so  much of my face anyway. 

Sharon

@purduemom1  salons in other counties are open here, but not ours, & after this long, I'd hate to try someone new... don't need that going on on top of everything else. :)  we were supposed to have a crazy heat wave, but luckily it didn't hit..  it's super breezy & warm, but nice!    the only make up I'm doing nowadays is my brows...  nothing else shows lol ;)

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

that's amazing.... & so sad,  it must have been terrible for you.    I can remember exactly where I was when it happened...  in traffic school (first ticket lol for a rolling stop)  & I was looking at bridal magazines (we got married that year) 

Launch day was the only day we could bring cameras onto the Center (no cell phone cameras then). We were on the sand dunes with our cameras focused on the capsule to get the pictures of the first teacher in space. We watched & shot film, of the capsule hitting the water, still intact, our film was all confiscated.  Our children were in schools in Satellite Beach, they all watched the launch from the beaches across from their schools. After the explosion the busses picked the kids up & drove them home. It was a horrible time. We left FL 4 months later when my husband was transferred to Colorado. My job disappeared with the shuttle program. Melody

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

@purduemom1  salons in other counties are open here, but not ours, & after this long, I'd hate to try someone new... don't need that going on on top of everything else. 🙂  we were supposed to have a crazy heat wave, but luckily it didn't hit..  it's super breezy & warm, but nice!    the only make up I'm doing nowadays is my brows...  nothing else shows lol 😉

cruisekitty, yes, probably better to wait until your salon opens and hopefully it won’t be long. Newsom seems to be quickly moving things along. 

Well, the heat  must have decided to change its planned destination. It is 105 here🥵! Just hoping that PG&E can hold it together.

• Like 1

Hi girls. I am still using my phone and I wont have my laptop back till Monday😦 Hope everyone is doing ok. Typing on here is a PAIN though. Oh well. What can you do?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls. I am still using my phone and I wont have my laptop back till Monday😦 Hope everyone is doing ok. Typing on here is a PAIN though. Oh well. What can you do?

I'm doing OK.  One of the side effects of one of the new meds is possible dehydration - so I'm drinking like a camel.  I am soooo sick of water!  I've got to go to the store and maybe get some Pedialyte - I've seen some ads on TV lately where adults are using it for dehydration.  I've got "allergy eye" in my right eye - all red and irritated.  We've got some wind going and with everything blooming, especially the chokeberry tree in the backyard, my eyes are not feeling the love.  I'm basically pouring Visine Allergy into the eye!!!

How are you doing?  I understand the iPhone thing - I'm a touch typist on my MacBook.  but, I'm a single finger "pecker" on my iPhone.  I don't know how the kids do it!!!

Today's fashion: Sweaty Betty black & gold "jungle" leggings (7/8 length), and a gray Tshirt from WoolX.   Shoeless, as always, in the house.  

Hi  I am doing ok

I can type with both hands so that isn't too bad

It is just so small. Lol

I actually went out to lunch today!!! First time I had been to a restaurant in forever and it felt really good! They had people at every other table and I had a delicious Grilled portobello on top of a garden salad with a little oil and vinegar dressing.

I then went to Fresh Market as a change of pace.  I love their stuff. Sometimes they can be pricey but today I didn't care.  Got some wonderful fish along with other items.

I am in blue Bermuda shorts and a type die top with sandals.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I'm doing OK.  One of the side effects of one of the new meds is possible dehydration - so I'm drinking like a camel.  I am soooo sick of water!  I've got to go to the store and maybe get some Pedialyte - I've seen some ads on TV lately where adults are using it for dehydration.  I've got "allergy eye" in my right eye - all red and irritated.  We've got some wind going and with everything blooming, especially the chokeberry tree in the backyard, my eyes are not feeling the love.  I'm basically pouring Visine Allergy into the eye!!!

How are you doing?  I understand the iPhone thing - I'm a touch typist on my MacBook.  but, I'm a single finger "pecker" on my iPhone.  I don't know how the kids do it!!!

Today's fashion: Sweaty Betty black & gold "jungle" leggings (7/8 length), and a gray Tshirt from WoolX.   Shoeless, as always, in the house.  

Highly recommend Pedialyte. We always have some in the fridge (I hate Gatorade). Just watch the sugars. 

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

Highly recommend Pedialyte. We always have some in the fridge (I hate Gatorade). Just watch the sugars. 

I'm not a Gatorade/Powerade fan, either.  I do like the sugar free VitaminWater in XXX flavor (XXX is the name).  It's kind of a pomegranate one.   I just need something.  I HATE those artificial sugar Crystal Lite things, too.  

I put 2 of my last True Lime packets in my 32oz HydroFlask with my water.  It's a great travel item - each packet is nothing but dried lime power (they have Lemon, too) and 1 packet = 1/4 lime slice.  I take them traveling to help out with nasty tasting "local" waters.  I have a few left in my pantry. 

I was the weird one - at Hot Dog on a Stick, when I'd get a lemonade, I'd ask for only 1 packet of sugar for it...

• Like 1

Good morning. I love Crystal light

Different strokes. The peach is delicious😀

Anyway hope everyone has a good weekend.

cruise kitty...cute outfit! We’re you the one that ordered the something Jam brand name masks? Is that one of them? Like your hat too...so essential at the shore.

We’ve decided to not go back to the coast for the launch. We had thought that the midweek launch might be slightly less crowded but it was so bad traffic wise, getting there and back. It’s just not worth it, and since we’re going to be moving there...it just seems like too much effort for the return...just to say we were there. Ah well.

Ive never heard of those packets. When I’m doing my best, I do try to drink water with something more in it, just because it seems to go right through me without actually helping with hydration if there’s no substance to it. Lemons. Limes. Ginger slices. Cucumbers. It’s like bringing a spa home...I haven’t been too many times, but spa water is always flavored.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

cruise kitty...cute outfit! We’re you the one that ordered the something Jam brand name masks? Is that one of them? Like your hat too...so essential at the shore.

We’ve decided to not go back to the coast for the launch. We had thought that the midweek launch might be slightly less crowded but it was so bad traffic wise, getting there and back. It’s just not worth it, and since we’re going to be moving there...it just seems like too much effort for the return...just to say we were there. Ah well.

Ive never heard of those packets. When I’m doing my best, I do try to drink water with something more in it, just because it seems to go right through me without actually helping with hydration if there’s no substance to it. Lemons. Limes. Ginger slices. Cucumbers. It’s like bringing a spa home...I haven’t been too many times, but spa water is always flavored.

Sometimes you can find them in the stores where the Crystal Lite/Mimo is.  Or, grab it on line.  It really is handy to have when I travel!  

Good call on the launch.  I have a feeling it's going to be scrubbed again today.  

Edited by slidergirl

On 5/29/2020 at 12:01 PM, slidergirl said:

lol, totally agree I am I one finger person on the phone,  but fine on my MacBook...  I have allergies as well, but I've used flonase for years (the costco generic one)  works wonders & works for my eyes too, not sure if there are any precautions for diabetes though 

3 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

Hi, the mask is from Johnny Was....  it's the one thing I can afford on their website lol :)   $25 for a pack of 5, & some of the ones I received are silk!  super comfy :)

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi  I am doing ok

I can type with both hands so that isn't too bad

It is just so small. Lol

I actually went out to lunch today!!! First time I had been to a restaurant in forever and it felt really good! They had people at every other table and I had a delicious Grilled portobello on top of a garden salad with a little oil and vinegar dressing.

I then went to Fresh Market as a change of pace.  I love their stuff. Sometimes they can be pricey but today I didn't care.  Got some wonderful fish along with other items.

I am in blue Bermuda shorts and a type die top with sandals.

Lois, lunch sounds wonderful....  we got the announcement yesterday that things will finally be opening up here!   Restaurants & hair salons.... our little historic center with there restaurants will be shutting down the street to have outdoor dining....  we will wait a few weeks to see how the numbers are before trying it.  

& I have a haircut appointment for July 15th!  

& in the biggest & best news, yesterday I got to be with my grandkids & older daughter for the first time since March 6th....  it was wonderful!   Drove in separate cars & explored the tide pools at the beach.   I can't tell you how much this meant to me!

IMG_9375.thumb.JPG.fcf53a47a9b1891a5f743bd9290c0f6b.JPG

Fashion wise:  I am wearing a black halter style maxi sundress, hair in a side braid, & sunhat on :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

lol, totally agree I am I one finger person on the phone,  but fine on my MacBook...  I have allergies as well, but I've used flonase for years (the costco generic one)  works wonders & works for my eyes too, not sure if there are any precautions for diabetes though 

I'm using generic flonase, too.  I'm starting to wonder if I scratched the inside corner of my eye instead as it's still irritated and red after 2 days.  It really highlights my "dog eyes" - both eyes had cataract surgery and I've been told my eyes look like dog eyes with the new lenses.  

Today's activity: watching the SpaceX Crew Dragon launch on spacex.com.  It was EXCELLENT!!!  The cameras they have on different parts of the rocket as they jettison and engines light.   If you were watching - did you see Bob let the toy glitter dragon go when they got to 0 gravity?  It floated away pretty fast, but it was funny.  

Today's fashion and beauty:  I washed the hair and just let it go.  I'm wearing my gray sleeveless French Terry hoodie dress that I bought a couple of years ago from Fabletics.   No shoes (again).  

• Like 3

so, in a pandemic, quarantine just modified, & now under curfew with sirens racing up & down our streets.   Did not see this coming. We're definitely safe in our home & our street, but things were bad in our restaurant/business area this evening. 

7 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

so, in a pandemic, quarantine just modified, & now under curfew with sirens racing up & down our streets.   Did not see this coming. We're definitely safe in our home & our street, but things were bad in our restaurant/business area this evening. 

Good morning and I was thinking about you when I was watching the news yesterday

And glad you are safe.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 9:37 PM, slidergirl said:

I'm not a Gatorade/Powerade fan, either.  I do like the sugar free VitaminWater in XXX flavor (XXX is the name).  It's kind of a pomegranate one.   I just need something.  I HATE those artificial sugar Crystal Lite things, too.  

I put 2 of my last True Lime packets in my 32oz HydroFlask with my water.  It's a great travel item - each packet is nothing but dried lime power (they have Lemon, too) and 1 packet = 1/4 lime slice.  I take them traveling to help out with nasty tasting "local" waters.  I have a few left in my pantry. 

I was the weird one - at Hot Dog on a Stick, when I'd get a lemonade, I'd ask for only 1 packet of sugar for it...

Kat, I love the True Lime packets, always have a baggie of them in my travel bag. I’ve recently discovered the BAI drinks, one gram of sugar per bottle (kind of high, but a nice treat once in awhile). The blackberry lemonade & Orange Clementine & Mango are my favorites. Very flavorful. I also like Vitamin XXX