for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

6 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Very nice faucet, Lois.

I think home upgrades at this time is a great thing!  We are supporting the local economy, taking our mind off lack of travel, and making our homes something we enjoy being in since we need to spend more time there.

Our major upgrade is getting new HVAC installed.  We didn't have any A/C before and baseboard heated supplemented with a propane stove.  We will now have a 16 SEER ducted system with a dual fuel 95% efficiency propane furnace/heat pump combo for our colder winters.

Huge undertaking, but so well worth it. You’ll be so glad you did it!  Enjoy

• Thanks 1

Lois...I had a faucet in that style in our apartment, IDK the brand though. The thing that was really annoying was that the switch to change it from spray to stream wouldn't operate well at all. I think it would get stuck with deposits from the hard water. I would unscrew the faucet and soak the head in CLR but that wouldn't help too much. What finally worked was realizing that you had to smack the faucet like you were giving it a spanking. Hold the button and give it a good whack and it would work better. Also, the washer design was terrible and the washer would "fall" in the interior of the faucet head and every once in a while, I'd have to unscrew the head part to be able to push the washer back into place. I'd know there was a problem because water would be seeping or dripping from the top of that head as well as coming out the head. HOPEFULLY, yours will work much better but just sharing in case you run into issues. And maybe pay attention to the plumber, or ask, so that you are comfortable unscrewing that faucet head from the assembly. It's not a big deal. 

Hi girls, Anita...wow, sounds like you had a terrible time with this style.☹️.......hoping it will work much better

for me.🙂....I have read multiple good reviews on it so will have to just hope it works well.  Moen is a very good

brand.  Melody, glad you like it so much! 

• Like 1

I called the p;umber and was thinking they were going to come tomorrow but they are available this morning😀........

woohooo!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi Lois, nice that one change can make a big difference, isn’t it? Especially now that  we are at home more and preparing more meals.

Pacruise, I bet you will be so happy with your new a/c/heating system especially when it’s really hot or cold!

Gosh, CA, FL and others are really having a hard time. I hope it improves soon or we will be in big trouble especially if we run out of hospital beds, medical personnel etc. Our governor is trying but maybe he needs to take a tougher stance. He wants everyone to comply voluntarily but not sure that is working out too well, at least not where we are!

Stay safe everyone, as Kat has said, it’s really nice that we have this group to exchange information and ideas with!

Sharon

• Like 2

I got tired of being on the sofa, so I went and laid on the bed.  It's darker in there, anyway.  I got in that weird state where you can't open your eyes, but you can hear everything!  

Sharon - there are two ways to repair a torn retina.  From what I understood, it depends on where it is.  The cryo probe was, from what I could see, was about the diameter of a cotton swab.  The inside and outside of the eye was anesthetized and then the probe was stuck in between the eye an eye socket to the spot.  It got two "shots" of the freeze (it was negative something degrees).  Yes, I could feel it, but it was just like an intense brain freeze.  The worst was the next 2 days, as usual with a procedure, because my eye felt abused.  It's a little better today, annoying pain-wise. 

Thanks ladies.  Have a good day.  My 5 minutes of computer time is over. 

• Like 2

Hi Kat, sending you my best wishes!

I can't remember who suggested the crustless pizza from Marco's a couple of weeks back but I tried one today.

DELICIOUS😀.  It is called a Pizza Bowl.......all the ingredients minus the crust................I would eat this even

if  I wasn't watching my carb intake but it sure made it even better LOL....I got the all meat + mushrooms. 

Thanks  to whoever it was who posted about it! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, sending you my best wishes!

I can't remember who suggested the crustless pizza from Marco's a couple of weeks back but I tried one today.

DELICIOUS😀.  It is called a Pizza Bowl.......all the ingredients minus the crust................I would eat this even

if  I wasn't watching my carb intake but it sure made it even better LOL....I got the all meat + mushrooms. 

Thanks  to whoever it was who posted about it! 

Now I need to find a Marcos here!!!

3 hours ago, Lois R said:
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Has anybody ever had the 'waterfall' type faucets in the bathroom?  I really like the look but hubby wants aerated water.....

The ex and I built a house in the 90s and had a waterfall faucet in the master bath tub. It was nice. we did not have them in the sinks.

• Like 2

Kat, gosh this sounds like a difficult recovery. I hope by the time you are able to read this, your eye is considerably improved. From your explanation of the repair, I guess I should be very thankful that my tear was in a position for a laser repair. 

Discovered that we have a  Marcos Pizza here. Noticed their ad for the pizza bowls on tv. They look yummy and each will serve 2 so just may have to give it a try. 

Hoping that that everyone has a good weekend. Stay safe all, especially those in areas that have high Covid numbers.

Sharon

• Like 2

Friday night take-out/delivery has sort of become a tradition with us. We ordered dinner last night via DoorDash -- couldn't believe our "Dasher" showed up without a mask and was surprised when we wouldn't open the door. We had to yell through the door for her to leave it on the bench. 

You'd think -- especially in an area where cases are going up rather quickly the past several weeks -- that they would understand that people ordering delivery probably are avoiding contact with random strangers....  

And yes, we have earmarked our deliveries as "no contact"!  

Until everyone understands the basic rules of social distancing/mask wearing, I do not hold out a lot of hope for things to get better. :classic_mellow:

Lois -- I have almost the same faucet (in bronze finish) in my kitchen. I love it and the sprayer works fine. My only complaint (and it was my decision) is that I chose the "water saver" version and now the water flow is so slow that it takes forever to fill a pasta pot or to fill up the sink!

Glad you like yours!

Good morning, Cynthia, no water saver for me LOL.......the water comes out strong and fast. Sometimes I wonder

why the kitchen comes out better than my shower!!!! That is where I have always had an issue. Not a terrible one

but the shower could come out stronger. 

As for that driver? That sounds wrong👎...........I thought all the delivery places would have their drivers

wearing masks!    Doesn't sound very smart!

Have a good Saturday everyone.🙂

On 7/9/2020 at 6:55 AM, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Anita...wow, sounds like you had a terrible time with this style.☹️.......hoping it will work much better

for me.🙂....I have read multiple good reviews on it so will have to just hope it works well.  Moen is a very good

brand.  Melody, glad you like it so much! 

Ours is a Moen

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, Cynthia, no water saver for me LOL.......the water comes out strong and fast. Sometimes I wonder

why the kitchen comes out better than my shower!!!! That is where I have always had an issue. Not a terrible one

but the shower could come out stronger. 

As for that driver? That sounds wrong👎...........I thought all the delivery places would have their drivers

wearing masks!    Doesn't sound very smart!

Have a good Saturday everyone.🙂

Did you have your plumber take out the water restrictor in the shower head?  

46 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Did you have your plumber take out the water restrictor in the shower head?  

Hi, no......I mean I didn't ask him to take out anything.  The water comes out pretty well---not powerful like a cruise ship though...LOL

We didn't t discuss any restrictions.  Is it something he would have asked me? 

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, no......I mean I didn't ask him to take out anything.  The water comes out pretty well---not powerful like a cruise ship though...LOL

All heads have a restrictor put in at the factory.  Some are plastic and pop out.  Some have to be drilled out.  They are supposed to save water.  My husband takes care of ours and it really increases the power.  

My 5 minutes of computer time...

I changed the shower fixture in my shower when I moved in 11 years ago.  I'm a DIYer sometimes.  The only thing I won't do is something requiring futzing with electrical.  I do need a new kitchen faucet.  Maybe I'll get on the bandwagon and do one maybe in October.

My "condos" that I worked at all had various kinds of those pull-out faucets.  I definitely want that kind and it has to be brushed nickel to go with what I did in my bathroom and it would go with my stainless fridge.  When I've gone to Home Depot, I keep looking at the faucets.  One of these days.   

All the talk about Marco's got me to look it up - closest one is about 30 miles down the mountain.  It kind of could get combined with a trip to Trader Joe's - it's about 3 miles difference.  I'd just have to reheat it when I got home...  

The annoying soreness is basically gone, finally.  There is a dry feeling, but the nurse snuck me a bottle of their saline for me to put in when I feel dry.  I still have some fuzziness, but I'm not going to get anxious yet.  Sharon - I got the feeling that the freeze was actually easier than the laser and less chance of an "oopsy" since it was not invasive *yes, sticking it between the eye socket and the outer eye is NOT invasive!!!*  Other than that, I think it may be what the MD is comfortable using.  I think the freeze was done because they could do it right then and there with no prep.  Maybe the resident needed another freeze to put on his "I've done this" list.  

My 5 minutes are up.  Have a nice day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

All heads have a restrictor put in at the factory.  Some are plastic and pop out.  Some have to be drilled out.  They are supposed to save water.  My husband takes care of ours and it really increases the power.  

Thanks for the info.  I will let it be for now..........I know I can unscrew the shower head myself...not sure about the 

restrictor.  I will just leave it as is right now. 

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

I’m not sure it is a standard question especially in areas where water is in short supply. I’m convinced that our city has dialed back on water pressure so I do have it taken out, even if I have to ask. We live with all kinds of water restrictions but I refuse to hold a pot under the faucet while the water dribbles out!

Sharon

45 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

I’m not sure it is a standard question especially in areas where water is in short supply. I’m convinced that our city has dialed back on water pressure so I do have it taken out, even if I have to ask. We live with all kinds of water restrictions but I refuse to hold a pot under the faucet while the water dribbles out!

Sharon

Hi Sharon, Oh, I have plenty of water.....the water from both the bathroom and kitchen sink come out very, very

good/strong. I didn't think to ask about it.....I will be fine and if I feel the need, I will call the plumber and see what

they say. I don't want to be charged for a follow up visit/call. I have water that comes out from the

shower---it is not like a small drip or anything.  Just wondering if the pressure could be more...........

Well, we were so glum this weekend that I got up the energy to traverse to Whole Foods. Just had one of their Sonoma Chicken salad wraps for lunch.... mmmm.  I also got some of the curried chicken salad which I love. And some good bread to put it on. Finally was able to get some jasmati rice as well -- my Publix has been out of stock for 3 months and the "replacement" I tried in desperation was terrible. Oh and did I mention a couple of bottles of vinho verde?

While I was out I dropped off a load of clothes at the consignment store I use also -- they sent an email this week saying they are only accepting summer clothes for another week. Kind of crazy, since our "summer" will last well into September (or beyond) here, but...  I had cleaned out my closets earlier but didn't want to take stuff to the store. Now they have a "drop and run" express drop-off, so it's minimal exposure.

I am doing laundry and cleaning today, so the OOTD is a grotty cotton t-shirt and some wicking capris.

• Like 1

Just a quickie.  I'm still alive.  

I made the BEST lunch toast yesterday, courtesy of Trader Joe's recipes.  2 pieces of my favorite bread, lightly toasted.  Stacked the following;  some arugula, shredded mozzarella, crumbled blue cheese, diced up dried apricot, and diced up Sweet & Spicy Pecans.  Put this back under the broiler until cheese is melted.  Oh My!  This tasted sooooo good.  I'll be making this many more times.  

OOTD:  The good ole' white sleeveless hoodie mini dress.  I have one gray and one white.  So I'm alternating.  It's just too hot.  Yes, it's hot to me and I don't have A/C, so it's windows open and ceiling fan going.  It's 80 right now, going up to an unbearable 87 by late afternoon!!!!!   I may end up going "natural" by that time!!!!!   I have Slider's (RIP) cooling collar still that I keep in the freezer.  I may put it on, too.  

Keep cool and safe ladies!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Well, we were so glum this weekend that I got up the energy to traverse to Whole Foods. Just had one of their Sonoma Chicken salad wraps for lunch.... mmmm.  I also got some of the curried chicken salad which I love. And some good bread to put it on. Finally was able to get some jasmati rice as well -- my Publix has been out of stock for 3 months and the "replacement" I tried in desperation was terrible. Oh and did I mention a couple of bottles of vinho verde?

While I was out I dropped off a load of clothes at the consignment store I use also -- they sent an email this week saying they are only accepting summer clothes for another week. Kind of crazy, since our "summer" will last well into September (or beyond) here, but...  I had cleaned out my closets earlier but didn't want to take stuff to the store. Now they have a "drop and run" express drop-off, so it's minimal exposure.

I am doing laundry and cleaning today, so the OOTD is a grotty cotton t-shirt and some wicking capris.

Da*n you.  I LOVE the Sonoma Chicken salad wrap!!!!!  Now you got me thinking about it...   I wish I had someplace other than the State Liquor Store to buy my stuff.  Vinho Verde on a hot summer day is nice!  I've got a bottle of my favorite Rosé in the fridge (Hecht & Bannier Côtes de Provence) that I think I have to pop open today.  Either that, or I'm going to mix a can of my 
TJ's Lemon & Elderflower soda with some 5 Wives Vodka...  

the consignment store probably got a lot of summer clothes already because of everyone having time to clear out the closets!   I have a couple of Hefty Bags full of clothes to to take to our local domestic violence shelter and our Christian outreach center.  We have a consignment store in town, but we boycott it - it has been known to go to the outreach center buy stuff, then resell at a higher price.  I have an ethical and moral issue with that.  We give to the outreach center for a reason!!

I forgot:  if you are looking for some easy healthy recipes, go to the TJ's website.  I've found a bunch.  The night before I made the "double dressed" salad - arugula with a lemon vinaigrette topped with room temperature Buratta that had a drizzle of balsamic glaze over it.  Yummy!   

Back to couch surfing...  

• Like 1