How are the Swans doing 2020

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

These are much better!! The first one even gives game times for my local time 😄

Yeah, it's all a bit confusing.

Thanks Leigh.

Go Swans!

To date the AFL has only issued revised fixtures as far out as R7 (this weekend is R4).

Port has been playing excellent football and appear to be handling the re-location better than the Eagles.

It is a different season than normal. Separation from family and friends. Living in a different state. Shorter quarters. No crowds. A break between round 1 when all teams had undergone months of training and now when some teams are not up to full game fitness. No VFL fixture, were the players not selected in the AFL team can maintain their match skills and fitness with a competitive game. They are predicting more soft tissue injuries this season due to the training change caused by the suspension of the fixture between round 1 to 2.

21 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Port has been playing excellent football and appear to be handling the re-location better than the Eagles.

It is a different season than normal. Separation from family and friends. Living in a different state. Shorter quarters. No crowds. A break between round 1 when all teams had undergone months of training and now when some teams are not up to full game fitness. No VFL fixture, were the players not selected in the AFL team can maintain their match skills and fitness with a competitive game. They are predicting more soft tissue injuries this season due to the training change caused by the suspension of the fixture between round 1 to 2.

Thanks for that background/explanation, very helpful

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Port seem to be the team to beat so far, although it is only 4 games in.

They sure looked strong last night!  Getting ready to watch Brisbane vs Crows. I hope it's a good one.

Go Swans!

53 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks for that background/explanation, very helpful

They sure looked strong last night!  Getting ready to watch Brisbane vs Crows. I hope it's a good one.

Go Swans!

We’re watching the Lions v Crows. Number 6 for Lions, Hugh McCluggage is from Warrnambool area and he played for the club my Dad has been connected with all his life. Dad refers to him as ‘our boy’. 

Leigh

Edited by possum52

24 minutes ago, possum52 said:

We’re watching the Lions v Crows. Number 6 for Lions, Hugh McCluggage is from Warrnambool area and he played for the club my Dad has been connected with all his life. Dad refers to him as ‘our boy’. 

Leigh

Always good to see a local boy do well!

We gave up on the game, just not very competitive. I think I will go read then go to bed.

Go Swans!

11 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

We gave up on the game, just not very competitive. I think I will go read then go to bed.

Go Swans!

Sleep well!

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Go Swans!

Adelaide are woeful this year, they have lost their mojo, apart from some key personnel.

2 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Fixture change because of Covid levels in Victoria and Queensland border controls:

West Coast Eagles will now play Sydney Swans Saturday afternoon, 1.45.

I hope NoWhiners gets to see this.

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Fixture change because of Covid levels in Victoria and Queensland border controls:

Here is a link to an article about the changes from the ABC. It also details other changes to the round effecting other clubs.

Swans were very disappointing I thought, particularly with the way the Eagles have played recently. I must mention my Bombers, what a great win against the Pies!

Leigh

On 6/28/2020 at 8:35 PM, Docker123 said:

On 6/28/2020 at 8:38 PM, By The Bay said:

I hope NoWhiners gets to see this.

11 hours ago, possum52 said:

Swans were very disappointing I thought, particularly with the way the Eagles have played recently. I must mention my Bombers, what a great win against the Pies!

Leigh

I

The good news is that I was able to watch the Swans. The bad news, of course, is they lost and looked terrible. I was so excited they played at a time I could watch but what a stinker. Tonight is the Crows-Dockers. I don't have high hopes for a good game 😞

I have to say, I quite enjoy AFL games, especially the continuous play. So much better than American football. I also find it remarkable how much contact is legal!

Go Swans!

11 hours ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

I saw that game--it was terrific. Nice win for your team!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I

The good news is that I was able to watch the Swans. The bad news, of course, is they lost and looked terrible. I was so excited they played at a time I could watch but what a stinker. Tonight is the Crows-Dockers. I don't have high hopes for a good game 😞

I have to say, I quite enjoy AFL games, especially the continuous play. So much better than American football. I also find it remarkable how much contact is legal!

Go Swans!

Good that you are able to catch some of the games.

I am hoping the Crows can actually do something this week and at least be competitive, they have been woeful this season.

7 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Good that you are able to catch some of the games.

I am hoping the Crows can actually do something this week and at least be competitive, they have been woeful this season.

I am hoping the game is competitive too. I need to see some good games!

Getting ready to watch  Crows-Dockers but it is 4th of July here n the US. Lots of loud (illegal) fireworks, smells like a war zone. The dog keeps disappearing--I have opened every room for him, hoping he can find a safe spot. Can't give him any more drugs, he already takes some for other issues. Why do people have to celebrate this way???

Do you Down Under do the same??

Go Swans!