How are the Swans doing 2020

14 hours ago, possum52 said:

Connor McKenna’s test done yesterday has come back negative. 

It will be interesting to see what his next test shows. He could even be available to play this weekend, if he records another negative test.

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

It will be interesting to see what his next test shows. He could even be available to play this weekend, if he records another negative test.

It will be interesting to see the result of his next test. I just heard an interview with one of the Federal Chief Medical Officers Nick Coatsworth. He said Conor may have had the virus weeks ago and just a tiny bit has stayed in his body and is not infectious or he may not have had the virus at all. 

Leigh

6 minutes ago, possum52 said:

It will be interesting to see the result of his next test. I just heard an interview with one of the Federal Chief Medical Officers Nick Coatsworth. He said Conor may have had the virus weeks ago and just a tiny bit has stayed in his body and is not infectious or he may not have had the virus at all. 

Leigh

More unknowns about this insidious virus.

I wanted to check back in and ask why I never saw the Essendon game on TV last weekend then read it was cancelled. So that explains that.

I hadn't seen anything about Conor testing positive or all the follow-on stuff. Interesting.  Just did read an article in a US paper that there are some spikes in some spots in Australia--hope you guys are all OK. Also read that the EU is thinking of barring Americans from visiting because of the stupid way we have handled the virus at the national level. We are certainly making a mess of this pandemic and I am wondering how this will affect cruises with departures outside the US.

We are scheduled to cruise Antarctica in late January 2021, out of Buenos Aires. Just read they have a new outbreak and it looks like they may not have the hospital capability they may need.

Strange times. I hope I can see some AFL this weekend. I was so disappointed last week--I managed to stay awake and everything 😃

Go Swans! (And I agree, they sure run hot and cold)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

I wanted to check back in and ask why I never saw the Essendon game on TV last weekend then read it was cancelled. So that explains that.

I hadn't seen anything about Conor testing positive or all the follow-on stuff. Interesting.  Just did read an article in a US paper that there are some spikes in some spots in Australia--hope you guys are all OK. Also read that the EU is thinking of barring Americans from visiting because of the stupid way we have handled the virus at the national level. We are certainly making a mess of this pandemic and I am wondering how this will affect cruises with departures outside the US.

We are scheduled to cruise Antarctica in late January 2021, out of Buenos Aires. Just read they have a new outbreak and it looks like they may not have the hospital capability they may need.

Strange times. I hope I can see some AFL this weekend. I was so disappointed last week--I managed to stay awake and everything 😃

Hi ML, here a few links that hopefully will work - 

Conor McKenna Tests Positive

McKenna Tests Positive

Negative Test Monday

Edited by possum52

3 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I would be prepared for disappointment as I doubt that Antarctica cruise will be going.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:48 PM, MicCanberra said:

I would be prepared for disappointment as I doubt that Antarctica cruise will be going.

Yep, completely prepared to not go. I am waiting to see if they cancel before final payment. Right now, it's a game of chicken--will they cancel before final payment 😉

On 6/25/2020 at 5:58 AM, Docker123 said:

B883D4A4-2CEA-448E-B2B3-CB9EE7FA8D51.thumb.png.1289044e6145c96f7027e01e24de2793.png

I came to the thread to say how excited I was that the Swans were on TV in the wee hours on Thursday morning. I couldn't get up and watch because I had golf scheduled for later that morning. Looking at that lopsided score, glad I slept!

Then, in the wee hours of this morning, the game between GWS and Collingwood was on, but again I chose sleep. Tonight, at a more reasonable hour (9:30 pm here), Port Adelaide-West Coast Eagles is on and I plan to watch. Tomorrow at 9 pm is Brisbane vs Adelaide. I'm loving having all these games available, even if I miss half of them 😁

This assumes no other games are canceled.  Looks like Demons-Suns was postponed--any idea when they will play that one??

Go Swans!

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The Giants game was very close all match, a real nail biter..

My tips are Port Adelaide should beat West Coast and Brisbane should beat Adelaide. I am not sure what happened to the Demons/Suns game.

Ah, sorry I missed it. Demons/Suns postponed "due to safety reasons". Covid? Bad weather?

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

Looks like Demons-Suns was postponed--any idea when they will play that one??

Here is the fixture for Round 4 with the Suns and Demons opponents.

Gold Coast Suns v Fremantle  Saturday 27 June 2020 • 7:40 PM (AEST)

Melbourne v Geelong Cats Sunday 28 June 2020 • 3:35 PM (AEST)

The fixture for 5 to 7 rounds has been released. Here are the Swans games.

Round 5 Sunday, July 5 Sydney Swans v Melbourne, SCG, 3:35pm

Round 6 Sunday, July 12 Carlton v Sydney Swans, MCG, 3:35pm

Round 7 Saturday, July 18 Sydney Swans v Brisbane, SCG, 1:45pm

41 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Ah, sorry I missed it. Demons/Suns postponed "due to safety reasons". Covid? Bad weather?

ML, the obly game which has been postponed is the Essendon (Bombers) v Demons game from last Sunday which will be played at a later date. It was postponed due to the Essendon player testing positive to Covid, so the whole team had to isolate until further testing was done.

Leigh

Just now, By The Bay said:

The fixture for 5 to 7 rounds has been released. Here are the Swans games.

Round 5 Sunday, July 5 Sydney Swans v Melbourne, SCG, 3:35pm

Round 6 Sunday, July 12 Carlton v Sydney Swans, MCG, 3:35pm

Round 7 Saturday, July 18 Sydney Swans v Brisbane, SCG, 1:45pm

Thanks for this mate. Now I know when I can check local TV for possible coverage!

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

ML, the obly game which has been postponed is the Essendon (Bombers) v Demons game from last Sunday which will be played at a later date. It was postponed due to the Essendon player testing positive to Covid, so the whole team had to isolate until further testing was done.

Leigh

Hi Leigh

OK but when I went to the Swans page online, it showed Demons/Suns postponed.  https://www.flashscore.com/aussie-rules/australia/afl/

You probably get better info than me!

Go Swans!

4 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi Leigh

OK but when I went to the Swans page online, it showed Demons/Suns postponed.  https://www.flashscore.com/aussie-rules/australia/afl/ 

You probably get better info than me!

Go Swans!

That fixture is incorrect ML. Try this one AFL Ficture or this for the Swans - Swans Fixture

Demons play Geelong Cats tomorrow. Suns play tonight against Fremantle. 

Leigh

3 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I came to the thread to say how excited I was that the Swans were on TV in the wee hours on Thursday morning. I couldn't get up and watch because I had golf scheduled for later that morning. Looking at that lopsided score, glad I slept!

Then, in the wee hours of this morning, the game between GWS and Collingwood was on, but again I chose sleep. Tonight, at a more reasonable hour (9:30 pm here), Port Adelaide-West Coast Eagles is on and I plan to watch. Tomorrow at 9 pm is Brisbane vs Adelaide. I'm loving having all these games available, even if I miss half of them 😁

This assumes no other games are canceled.  Looks like Demons-Suns was postponed--any idea when they will play that one??

Go Swans!

<Deleted> Comment rendered obsolete by previous post.

Edited by Vader1111

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

That fixture is incorrect ML. Try this one AFL Ficture or this for the Swans - Swans Fixture

Demons play Geelong Cats tomorrow. Suns play tonight against Fremantle. 

Leigh

These are much better!! The first one even gives game times for my local time 😄

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

I think the above website is showing the originally scheduled matches as postponed and then the rescheduled matches are below.

Yeah, it's all a bit confusing.

Thanks Leigh.

Go Swans!