When will we get our taxes refunded on CC?

Hi all -

Has anyone gotten their taxes refunded to their CC yet? I cancelled my PIF cruise which was scheduled for 4/5 on Monday, 3/9 and received my FCC this past Tuesday but as of yet no refund to my credit card of the over $600 in taxes owed back.
Worried about $ like everyone else right now!

thanks!

Edited by UrbanGirlie
Mistake

It usually takes RCI a few days to issue the credit.   Then the banks kick in.   some have been known to delay issuing credits.   I'd suggest checking with your credit card holder first and then, if necessary, call RCI.  Hold times at RCI have been minimal today.

We were told 7 to 10 days. This is not the first time Royal Caribbean canceled a  cruise on us. The last time it took 10 business days. That cancellation was not widespread like this one and it only applied to one ship

Give  it time. 

1 hour ago, UrbanGirlie said:

Has anyone gotten their taxes refunded to their CC yet? I cancelled my PIF cruise which was scheduled for 4/5 on Monday, 3/9 and received my FCC this past Tuesday but as of yet no refund to my credit card of the over $600 in taxes owed back.

Worried about $ like everyone else right now!

I'm in the same boat.  Cancelled three cruises on March 7th. We're due FCC's and cash refunds on all three.  About 5 or 6 days ago, received the correct FFC's on two of them.  Then, yesterday, received refunded taxes and out-of-penalty payments credited back to my CC for just one of the these two.   I would imagine the good folks at Royal that process all this stuff are pretty busy right now, and I believe these refunds will be issued eventually.   I'm going to wait for another ten days before calling.

Royal cancelled our Feb 15 Cruise out of Singapore, we haven't seen ant refund yet from Royal. Our Ta contacts them weekly, still nothing. The first time she was in touch with them about 10 days after the cancellation she was told that our cruise was not canceled that we had sailed on it. I am glad we booked with a TA so she can deal with it.    

46 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

where will I find my FFC ?

I assume you meant FCC - you should get an e-mail with the details, but if not, it will be on file under your account and can apply to a booked cruise - you'd have to call to get the details, can't look up anywhere..

54 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I assume you meant FCC - you should get an e-mail with the details, but if not, it will be on file under your account and can apply to a booked cruise - you'd have to call to get the details, can't look up anywhere..

Yes, FCC - sorry about that - Hmm, we cancelled 3/10 but do not see anything on our C&A account when I log in. Does it matter if we booked thru a TA ?  We used a Big Box TA for the booking and cancellation. We received an email from the TA, but have not received anything else from anyone. Have not received any credit from our Taxes, grats, or Drink package.....should we begin to get concerned ? 

Also - we booked and cancelled the same cruise for our mothers - but neither of them have a C&A account, how would we find their FCC ? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

Edited by CTCruiser76

3 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Also - we booked and cancelled the same cruise for our mothers - but neither of them have a C&A account, how would we find their FCC ? 

As I mentioned, you or the e-mail address on the booking would get an e-mail with the FCC details or you'd have to call. I don't think there's any where to "look it up" - it won't show in your account. I'd be very patient with any expected refunds and FCCs -it may take quite a while, some were saying 4-6 weeks.

We cancelled four cruises on 3/10 - One for March, one for April, and two for July. We received the FCC's for the March and April cruises on 10/19, and are waiting on the tax/fee refunds to our CC on those two. The July cruises were both cancelled prior to the final payment date, so I expect that those $$ will be credited to our CC. The first july cruise was fully paid off, but the second one only has a paid deposit. It should be interesting to see how/when those charges are reversed.