Cruise is now all "wait listed"

bbtondo

My April 29th Med cruise on the Riviera now shows all staterooms "wait listed".  I've been watching it for awhile and all staterooms were listed as "available".  I remember just before O cancelled their March beginning a April cruises it went from available to wait listed.  So.. do you think O is now going to cancel the next "batch" of cruises April/May?

• Like 1

Let's put it this way

Where do you think they are going to sail to in the next  few month?

How are people going to fly to the embarkation port when most airlines have shut down service ?

59 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

My April 29th Med cruise on the Riviera now shows all staterooms "wait listed".  I've been watching it for awhile and all staterooms were listed as "available".  I remember just before O cancelled their March beginning a April cruises it went from available to wait listed.  So.. do you think O is now going to cancel the next "batch" of cruises April/May?

Our May 13th cruise on Marina is also now shows waitlisted in all categories.  I think you are exactly right, cancellation is coming. I expected it, but I thought they would wait until much later.

5 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Our May 13th cruise on Marina is also now shows waitlisted in all categories.  I think you are exactly right, cancellation is coming. I expected it, but I thought they would wait until much later.

Probably just a typo.  Can't believe a May cruise is sold out. 

1 minute ago, Kate-AHF said:

It's not a typo.  They are preparing, IMO, to cancel the cruise.

Additionally, Marina is no longer on the cruise port schedule for our departure date for the embarkation port.

You are probably right.  They just should tell us he truth. Be nice for a change.

• Like 2

My June 26 Baltic cruise is all waitlisted today. If this means it is officially being canceled then I won't have to pay the admin fee. Happy about that but sad the cruise is not going. If so, I am going to book for August 29, 2021 sailing. Same ship, same itinerary.

1 hour ago, Kate-AHF said:

I expected it, but I thought they would wait until much later.

Maybe  they are just working on cruises  in the near future  & now have caught up to May   so can  cancel  them next

I am sure their heads are spinning as well as trying to juggle  all the cancellations /payments etc...

All cruise lines are  doing the same  dance

JMO

• Like 1

I didn't check all the sayings but all June Marina Baltic cruises are showing waitlist and there are 3 of them. The July Baltic cruises can be booked. Maybe someone who is cooped up and is looking for something to do can research and report to interested parties.

Edited by susiesan

When these upcoming Med cruises are canceled I would think that O may offer 150% FCC or a refund to entice people to take the FCC.  It would be a smart business move if they did.  JMHO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I didn't check all the sayings but all June Marina Baltic cruises are showing waitlist and there are 3 of them. The July Baltic cruises can be booked. Maybe someone who is cooped up and is looking for something to do can research and report to interested parties.

As far as I can see, every Oceania sailing from now until the end of June shows every cabin category as "Wait List".

Only in July can I start to see "available" across the board.

Edited by CanEcosse

I see all Regatta AK cruises in May and June are "Wait List" in all categories, first in July is Available in all. Seems like a good sign if you desire a refund.

The Wait List probably prevents any online bookings? Which saves them time working on those bookings. Time they need to process all the cancellations they have now.

I would guess they will roll out cancellations slowly with the next round of maybe April 12-30 soon. If they cancelled out to July 1 all at once they would be overwhelmed and also drain cash faster. 

3 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

It's not a typo.  They are preparing, IMO, to cancel the cruise.

Additionally, Marina is no longer on the cruise port schedule for our departure date for the embarkation port.

Marina is still looking for a home port should be in Miami Monday to disembark passengers..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

My June 26 Baltic cruise is all waitlisted today. If this means it is officially being canceled then I won't have to pay the admin fee. Happy about that but sad the cruise is not going. If so, I am going to book for August 29, 2021 sailing. Same ship, same itinerary.

Susie,  it's tough to predict what will be in April 2021 but like you forging ahead. Maybe a mistake putting deposit on a cruise when we already have so much skin in the game with a cruise cancelled for April 2020. Refund? Hope so, but beginning to doubt. Despite it all booked same cruise for April 2021. Qantas will only give voucher anyway. 😞

3 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Marina is still looking for a home port should be in Miami Monday to disembark passengers..

Jancruz1

I'm sorry Jan, I wasn't clear in my post.  I meant that when you look at the port schedule posted for the Port of Barcelona on May 13th, Marina is no longer listed as being there that day.  That was our embarkation point.

I don't envy Oceania's back office right now.  They may still be employed, but it must be Hell on earth.

We were supposed to fly to North Jersey yesterday afternoon for our grandson’s first birthday party today, flying back on Tuesday.  Our airline now shows the early morning direct flight on Tuesday back to Cincinnati as “Sold Out” in all seat categories, with only three people still on our former direct flight back mid-day Tuesday.  How many of you think the morning flight truly has no seats left on the entire plane and really will occur?

31 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

We were supposed to fly to North Jersey yesterday afternoon for our grandson’s first birthday party today, flying back on Tuesday.  Our airline now shows the early morning direct flight on Tuesday back to Cincinnati as “Sold Out” in all seat categories, with only three people still on our former direct flight back mid-day Tuesday.  How many of you think the morning flight truly has no seats left on the entire plane and really will occur?

I would love to see our grands but really can't. We could get 'it' from them. Maybe late summer.

17 minutes ago, clo said:

I would love to see our grands but really can't. We could get 'it' from them. Maybe late summer.

We are so fortunate to have FaceTime.  We missed seeing our grandson on our last visit to NJ (our other grandchild also lives in North Jersey, and we stay with her family at their much bigger house) in late January because the whole family had colds and my husband has several respiratory risk factors.  Just another reason we are so grateful to have enjoyed our February 26-March 11 Southern Caribbean cruise on Riviera before coming back home to this increasingly scary new world.

Edited by CintiPam

We canceled our Riviera Med cruise for Oct 4 2020 a few days ago. Dont want to cruise this year, especially to Italy, Spain etc. Canceled shore excursions first directly with Oceania and the credit hit our card within 2 or 3 days. Had to cancel cruise through TA and who knows when our deposit will be refunded if there are 29000 requests pending!!

Sad to cancel, loved the itinerary - was Athens to Lisbon - and don't see anything quite like it in 2021.

13 hours ago, bbtondo said:

This sounds promising.  Good to know-- before I was aware of this change, I spoke for an extended time with Oceania this morning and explained how I felt about the conflicting cancellation date options on our end.  Very nice customer service rep encouraged us that, since we have ten more days until the March 31 deadline, we still have time to decide. Was pointed out that we were not signed on for Traveler's Assurance Program which allows cancellations up until 48 hours prior. I was not aware we had to specifically request or sign on for this program- I assumed it was automatic?  Will speak with our Travel Agent about adding that to our account as they booked our cruise package---BUT not until we get closer to the 31st because I feel more an more now that there may be a full refund or more attractive FCC offer if Oceania cancels prior to the deadline. I think the situation is so fluid they could cancel at any time. I mean, where are we going without museums open, no flights to and from?

Feeling really bad for all those in the industry working hard on this difficult situation.

1 hour ago, Bellanina said:

Was pointed out that we were not signed on for Traveler's Assurance Program which allows cancellations up until 48 hours prior. I was not aware we had to specifically request or sign on for this program- I assumed it was automatic?

I didn’t know one had to sign up for this.