P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

All the best for tomorrow Graham and home in time for lunch?

Dave

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all! So much to catch up on.

I’ve only left the house twice this week - to pick my grandson up on Tuesday and to my local chemist this morning to collect my prescription before the Big Day.

Should be going to our son’s Christmas Day but we’re all going to do a LFT first so keeping everything crossed. John at work Boxing Day so I just want a nice day Saturday, I don’t ask for much!

Like Jane I’ve had the horrid cold that started with no voice and then I got the sore throat! Strange! Done a couple of tests, both negative.

Avril - your trip to your friend sounded joyous!

Graham - hope all goes well tomorrow,

Wishing you all a lovely Christmas 🎄 🎁 🍹 xx

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

I am one of those sad individuals who LOVES sprouts - all year round 😉

Used to cook them as someone has said above as my mum taught me ---- crossing the bottom etc etc.

We now use the microwave and they are perfect for us !

(Can't believe I am posting about sprouts - must be starting to chill out at last !)

A message to Graham to take care and that all goes well tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Dived out this morning to get a last few bits before my shopping delivery due this afternoon and then  going out again to opticians to collect my new glasses.  Got a phone call just after getting home with a couple of options to rearrange our Christmas plans as my brother isn't well (not covid).  Instead of going over to Mum's for dinner on Christmas Day we are having it here, so am now cooking for six and catering for thirteen on Boxing Day!

Graham, hope all goes well for tomorrow Graham.

In case I don't get back on here tomorrow

I wish you all a Happy Christmas.

merry-christmas-gifs-pictures-min.gif

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Hope all goes well tomorrow Graham, and you're quickly home and ready to celebrate.

Take care.x

Avril

Thank you friends for all your kind words and good wishes for my Basal cell carcinoma op tomorrow.

Kindest regards to you all.

Graham.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sarah.

Hospital rang and I have to be there at 7.30am tomorrow morning.

Graham.

I just want to wish you all the very best for tomorrow Graham. I was going to do this in the morning but seeing your early admission time I thought I'd better post tonight. So, I hope it all goes well and you feel fine afterwards. We'll all be waiting to hear from you. Very very best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Very funny Phil and it reminded me of a another T.I.T ........Trotters Independent Traders. Happy Christmas to you and Mrs YP. Best wishes. Jane.x 

Thanks Jane, and a merry Christmas to you and yours, let's hope for a great year next year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I just want to wish you all the very best for tomorrow Graham. I was going to do this in the morning but seeing your early admission time I thought I'd better post tonight. So, I hope it all goes well and you feel fine afterwards. We'll all be waiting to hear from you. Very very best wishes. Jane.x 

Thank you for your lovely message Jane.

Graham x.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Snap 🙂

Having said that, our parents would have hated them with a passion ---- their generation preferred soft and mushy 🙂

I gently simmer spouts (uncrossed) until just tender in the centre. My sil on the other hand, cuts them in half and rapidly boils them until they fall apart🙄 Her cauliflower is also a culinary delight, boiled until it's purple.🥴

We rarely dine together, she doesn't like my undercooked vegetables.😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I gently simmer spouts (uncrossed) until just tender in the centre. My sil on the other hand, cuts them in half and rapidly boils them until they fall apart🙄 Her cauliflower is also a culinary delight, boiled until it's purple.🥴

We rarely dine together, she doesn't like my undercooked vegetables.😁

Avril

Mum used to put some bicarb in as well but am not sure why --- think she said they weren't "as windy"

???????

3 hours ago, kalos said:

It's Boxing day when our turkey could have a bit of identity as it competes with slices of beef 

and pork with chips and just about every pickle we can lay our hands on and the apple sauce 

and cranberry will be there again

Not with chips kalos, but a big pan of bubble and squeak using up all the left-over veg. 

Avril

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

It would be a whole lot better than some of the stuff on here today. It would always get me when P&O did “silver service” and tried to give you brussel sprouts with fish. 

What's wrong with sprouts with fish? I usually have them together.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Mum used to put some bicarb in as well but am not sure why --- think she said they weren't "as windy"

???????

My mum used to put bicarb in cabbage and sprouts, she said it kept them green🙄 Cooking them less might have helped.

Avril

• Haha 1

Just now, Adawn47 said:

My mum used to put bicarb in cabbage and sprouts, she said it kept them green🙄 Cooking them less might have helped.

Avril

Ahhhh yes they were very green .... it did work .... they had a method in their madness 🙂

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

The down side was that some of the vitamins are leached out as the bicarb makes the water alkaline, plus they can turn to mush easier. I always remember my mum steeping dried peas on a Saturday for Sunday dinner, there were 2 bicarb tablets with the box and they sure made them mushy, musical fruits we called them.

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

The down side was that some of the vitamins are leached out as the bicarb makes the water alkaline, plus they can turn to mush easier. I always remember my mum steeping dried peas on a Saturday for Sunday dinner, there were 2 bicarb tablets with the box and they sure made them mushy, musical fruits we called them.

Yes I remember the tablets but the mushy peas were amaaaaziinggg !

• Like 2

I would happily have sprouts every day, the only vegetable I don't like is the horrible green beans so loved by P&O.  I regularly  cook green beans but they don't taste anything like the P&O ones and they don't  squeak.  I have been known to have a just a plate of vegetables because I don't like a much meat.

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Not with chips kalos, but a big pan of bubble and squeak using up all the left-over veg. 

Avril

That is supper time for me too Avril ,the chips is Boxing day lunch with all the other cuts of

cold meat & pickles :classic_love:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Bubble and Squeak on Boxing Day made with left over sprouts and vegetables etc is the very best bit of all the Christmas food……

• Like 6

Good morning hope everyone is Ok today and @grapau27  is not to nervous about 

his operation ,back home before he knows it and I'm sure we all look forward to his 

posts later -All the best :classic_love:

Anyone feeling festive yet ? :classic_unsure: Lots to look forward to as Gill just posted ,the Boxing day 

lunch ..🎶Turkey -Chips and Peas :classic_love:🎶🎶  (Oxygene part 1V Jean -Michel-Jarre 1977)

To be honest I could happily do away with the Christmas lunch and just have the Boxing day 
one instead :classic_smile:   
I suppose I best wrap Mrs K's present up .She has kept showing me these smart watches
with Christmas almost here but I hope she likes the hedge trimmer, which to be fair  is  
cutting edge technology I've got for her.:classic_unsure: I haven't a clue what I will be getting for
Christmas? Looking back  to when I was a kid my parents used to threaten me that if I
wasn't a good boy, all I'd get for Christmas was a sack of coal.:classic_ohmy:
With gas prices the way they are now, I'd be happy that. :classic_wink:

Have a nice day everyone and stay safe :classic_smile::classic_love:

thumbnail.jpg.62f7d1bdf8593b453eeb724c469649bd.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6