P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

You've done a lot more than me.  My family tell me that I am like the Grinch because I never put the tree and inside decorations up until 23rd and I take them down on 28th.  I always feel as though they attract dust and the house feels cluttered.  I am a minimalist at heart, I am constantly following DH around putting things away that he has put down, it drives him mad because if he is doing something and walks away for a few minutes I will have tidied his stuff away.

Would you consider moving in with us Josy?

We’re a match when it comes to being untidy, leaving things (just don’t notice or care I suppose). My saving grace is that we have a fortnightly cleaner and we always clear away before she comes so everything gets put back in its place again 😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

It’s still frosty here out of the sun.

We have a flock of Goldfinches that have been coming the last few weeks that are getting through our stock of Niger seeds at a rate of knots and we have had the past few days a flock of Redwings visit to eat the cotoneaster tall shrubs around the garden.

Our central heating thermostat is playing up, even though not up to set temperature keep losing remote communication with the receiver unit. Turning the thermostat down then back up again kicks it in again but it is annoying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

You've done a lot more than me.  My family tell me that I am like the Grinch because I never put the tree and inside decorations up until 23rd and I take them down on 28th.  I always feel as though they attract dust and the house feels cluttered.  I am a minimalist at heart, I am constantly following DH around putting things away that he has put down, it drives him mad because if he is doing something and walks away for a few minutes I will have tidied his stuff away.

I feel much the same nowadays Josy. When the children were at home and believed in Santa we would go all in with the decorations. Big tree over loaded with lights, baubles tinsel and crackers, and the downstairs ceilings full with hanging garlands, decorations and lights. It was like Santa's Grotto. Hard work and yes dusty, but they loved it, so it was worthwhile. 

Now we're like you, but put them up earlier and take them down 2nd January.

I had an Aunt who was forever tidying, she had a serious case of OCD before anyone even knew it existed😁 You only had to stand up to take your cup into the kitchen and no sooner had your bottom left the armchair than she was in there straightening the chair and fluffing up the cushions. Needless to say, she never have many visitors😉

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
spelling
  • Like 3

It’s cold here too. I have been out to Pets at Home this morning with our King Charles Spaniel to get her a jumper. Looks like it’s going to cold over the next few days and she doesn’t have a massively thick coat.

I have wrapped all my presents but still have cards to write so I might do that this afternoon.

Had a bit of a stressful few days. My daughter is 32 weeks pregnant and Sat night she thought she was having an asthma attack and her meds weren’t working. A trip to A & E followed, not asthma but blood tests showed  blood clot on her lung. Given medication and had a scan yesterday showed it had dissolved. She has now got a chest infection. Midwife appointment yesterday too, said baby not growing, scan this morning, all is fine thank goodness.

I need a cruise!!!

Michelle

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It’s cold here too. I have been out to Pets at Home this morning with our King Charles Spaniel to get her a jumper. Looks like it’s going to cold over the next few days and she doesn’t have a massively thick coat.

I have wrapped all my presents but still have cards to write so I might do that this afternoon.

Had a bit of a stressful few days. My daughter is 32 weeks pregnant and Sat night she thought she was having an asthma attack and her meds weren’t working. A trip to A & E followed, not asthma but blood tests showed  blood clot on her lung. Given medication and had a scan yesterday showed it had dissolved. She has now got a chest infection. Midwife appointment yesterday too, said baby not growing, scan this morning, all is fine thank goodness.

I need a cruise!!!

Michelle

Thank goodness your daughter and baby are OK. My daughter was born early as the hospital also said she wasn't growing but she was 7lb born (not the 4/5lb they said) and is now a healthy and happy 23 year old.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I need a cruise!!!

Michelle

I hope your daughter is feeling better soon, it is good that the scan showed everything was ok with the baby.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I need a cruise!!!

Michelle

Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she is feeling better soon and glad a scan showed that the baby is OK. Wishing her well.

• Like 3

It was -1⁰ here this morning and has now made it up to a giddy 3⁰. It is museum day being Wednesday and as I went down with a cold on Saturday, did a Covid test first thing. Fortunately it was negative. I have to do one on Friday for travel purposes so feel a bit more reassured that it will be okay on Friday now 🤞🏻.

Must get my Christmas Cards sorted this afternoon.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I need a cruise!!!

Michelle

So sorry to hear about your daughter Michelle. I’m sure she will have regular check ups after this scare. You never stop worrying about your children, whatever their age - it’s the price you pay for being a parent. X

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I just want to say thank you for all your kind comments about my daughter. Fingers crossed all is ok from now on 🤞

Michelle

So pleased things are looking better now for your daughter.
A fright for you all.

Gill

• Like 5

It is baltic here at the moment, minus 4! Snow forecast. The moon is full and I can see Mars very clearly, beautiful clear sky with lots of stars.

Took ages to defrost the car this morning. 

Stay warm and well everyone. Looks like a week of extreme cold.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Amelia Noylam said:

So pleased your daughters feeling better and everything is ok, hope you are feeling better too.

Thank you. I am feeling better, had more

x-rays on my foot last week and it is healing nicely 

Michelle

• Like 9

Clear skies here with the sun coming up. My outside thermometer is showing -3c but the local weather stations are showing -5 to -6! The temperature in the house dropped from 18 to 13c overnight and we have what I thought was a well insulated house.

I don’t have much planned for the day, we have got the Christmas decs down from the loft earlier in the week but apart from the outside led lights like others on here we’re finding it difficult to summon up the enthusiasm to decorate the house. Until last year we always had a real Christmas tree but once our last son left home I find the tree too heavy to carry around and place in the holder on my own, we got a ‘realistic’ artificial tree last year but it isn’t the same.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Yes, of course he is🎅

Who else can afford all those presents?

Avril

I'll never forget when my parents sat me down and told me Santa wasn't real

I was heartbroken...
I'm not sure how I managed to go to work that day!:classic_unsure:

So glad that Avril knows the truth ,I feel much better now 😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 11