P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

What I want to know is, when in the life cycle of a wife does "my darling husband" become "an infuriating man"?

Pretty soon after getting married, for those of us who didn't live together before marrying.

• Haha 13

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

What I want to know is, when in the life cycle of a wife does "my darling husband" become "an infuriating man"?

At a guess, when we move or suggest doing something that his not on their list of how it should be done , like folding a tea towel or other such jobs we men will never get right .😉

• Like 7

A breezy day here and dry after a very wet day yesterday in techerous driving conditions! 

I'm  waiting for a call from the oncologist and then I need to make several phone calls and start pack ahead of our cruise on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 8

However, kalos, I believe you took her to the Savoy Hotel in Funchal??  I would forgive a lot to be able to have a lovely holiday there.  (At least, that is what it would seem to be from your photos).  Otherwise, maybe you were both on a Seadream cruise; even more luxurious.

Whatever, you both certainly needed a lovely break, and we are all delighted that you have had one.

I had mine last week, three nights in a lovely large rented house in the Peak district, with all the family - 10 of us plus the great granddaughter we had not met before, now aged 2.  (They live in the USA).  The only downside was it seemed extremely quiet when I got back home.

• Like 15

It’s so good to have you back @kalos - and as you can see from all the posts, you were very much missed.
What a wonderful little family the CC community is on this forum….. 

I remember going into the Savoy a few years ago and thought it was just lovely. I’m so pleased you and Mrs K had such a fab holiday and congrats on the news from your granddaughter.

Gill x

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Getting ready for our American trip to see our son in a couple of weeks. We have been in touch with car hire people at the USA airport and the airline people. To say the customer relations people are 100% better than the English ones is an understatement. They all seem knowledgable, polite and pleasant and very willing to help. Perhaps we should send our people to the USA for training.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Getting ready for our American trip to see our son in a couple of weeks. We have been in touch with car hire people at the USA airport and the airline people. To say the customer relations people are 100% better than the English ones is an understatement. They all seem knowledgable, polite and pleasant and very willing to help. Perhaps we should send our people to the USA for training.

Are you considering relocating?  I personally have always found US customer service rather sycophantic and ungenuine but I suppose it depends which part of the US you are visiting.  Tourist areas never seem to keep promises made in advance and shoulders get shrugged just the same as here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

Three cheers to all our UK customer service people, and for all that you have to put up with on a daily basis.

👏👏👏

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

Talk about broad brush strokes !

• Like 1

We have spent most of the morning tidying up the garden despite a few sharp showers.  It was in dire need of some work in the borders but is looking a lot better now.  I have given up now because I have to the opticans to collect my new glasses this afternoon.

• Like 2

After speaking to the oncologist, I am a little bit further forward as to what my treatment will involve and when. Treatment will probably be next month, but having rung my insurance to update them, I have been told that they cannot cover me for my tumour! So I solve one problem and another rears it's head!

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, purplesea said:

After speaking to the oncologist, I am a little bit further forward as to what my treatment will involve and when. Treatment will probably be next month, but having rung my insurance to update them, I have been told that they cannot cover me for my tumour! So I solve one problem and another rears it's head!

It is good that you now know more about your treatment and roughly when you will start. 🤞

• Like 5

3 hours ago, alpha whiskey said:

Three cheers to all our UK customer service people, and for all that you have to put up with on a daily basis.

👏👏👏

Yeah but,computer says no.

• Haha 1

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok.

It has been a lovely day here today just a bit breezy. Just having a coffee then going to take dogs out before their tea.

I got a reply today about the medical photos I had last week. The spot/area on my arm looks “suspicious” so they are going to remove it, just got to wait for an appointment now.

We are taking out two youngest grandsons to London this weekend. Got my tickets for London Eye, they want to go to the Natural History Museum, Covent Garden and a bus tour as well so it looks like we will be busy.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It has been a lovely day here today just a bit breezy. Just having a coffee then going to take dogs out before their tea.

I got a reply today about the medical photos I had last week. The spot/area on my arm looks “suspicious” so they are going to remove it, just got to wait for an appointment now.

We are taking out two youngest grandsons to London this weekend. Got my tickets for London Eye, they want to go to the Natural History Museum, Covent Garden and a bus tour as well so it looks like we will be busy.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

Hi Michelle, sorry to hear about the spot on your arm, hopefully they will be able to give you some good news quickly.

Have a great weekend in London with your grandsons. It will be a lot less busier than last weekend! You will probably need a cruise when you get back though.

• Like 4

I just received an email from my bank welcoming me to online banking. I have banked online with them for years!. There were several links including retrieving passwords etc - ALARM. I deleted it

Problem is I now don't even trust their online contact numbers and intend to go to my local branch, we still have one, and report it to them.

44 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Take care everyone 

Michelle

Sorry to hear that they think the area is suspicious, but they are going to 'treat' it. Hope you don't have to wait too long for an appointment.

Enjoy your weekend in London with your grandsons. We have been on the London Eye and I hope the weather is good for your flight. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Hi Michelle, sorry to hear about the spot on your arm, hopefully they will be able to give you some good news quickly.

Have a great weekend in London with your grandsons. It will be a lot less busier than last weekend! You will probably need a cruise when you get back though.

I have a cruise booked for August but we are taking four of our grandchildren. I think I should book an adult only ship to relax a bit!!!

Only the two of us on Arvia next March though

Michelle

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear that they think the area is suspicious, but they are going to 'treat' it. Hope you don't have to wait too long for an appointment.

Enjoy your weekend in London with your grandsons. We have been on the London Eye and I hope the weather is good for your flight. 

Weather forecast looks like it might be ok, fingers crossed

Michelle

5 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have a cruise booked for August but we are taking four of our grandchildren. I think I should book an adult only ship to relax a bit!!!

Only the two of us on Arvia next March though

Michelle

I don’t know if you have mentioned Arvia next March before, when are you going? We are also on her in March. We fly out on the 15th and sail back to Southampton arriving on the 31st.

Jennizor

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We have spent most of the morning tidying up the garden despite a few sharp showers.  It was in dire need of some work in the borders but is looking a lot better now.  I have given up now because I have to the opticans to collect my new glasses this afternoon.

If it turns out you have dug up the roses..." should have gone to specsavers ".🤣

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I don’t know if you have mentioned Arvia next March before, when are you going? We are also on her in March. We fly out on the 15th and sail back to Southampton arriving on the 31st.

Jennizor

We are on the same Transatlantic as you but we fly out on 16th as I couldn’t get an accessible cabin to go on the 15th

Michelle

48 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

We are on the same Transatlantic as you but we fly out on 16th as I couldn’t get an accessible cabin to go on the 15th

Michelle

So pleased that we are on the same cruise. We have done the Caribbean several times but flown both ways, the last time in December 21. We have always said we should do the

transatlantic return, so very excited about it. We must try and meet up at some point. 

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

So pleased that we are on the same cruise. We have done the Caribbean several times but flown both ways, the last time in December 21. We have always said we should do the

transatlantic return, so very excited about it. We must try and meet up at some point. 

We will meet up for definite. We have done Caribbean like you but flown both ways and done one Transatlantic but going the other way 

Michelle 

• Like 1