P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

@Eddie99 I hope your break serves its purpose and thanks for sharing the delightful photo. It's such a good idea when folk on here do announce they are taking a break because it is disconcerting when people you 'know' just disappear. Still concerned for @Harry Peterson!

I'm tired this morning because I stayed up last night to watch The Shamrock Tenors on BBC4 at 10.40 pm. I'm normally in bed by that time, so even though I was recording it, I was keen to see them again. We have been lucky enough to be on 3 cruises (Celebrity - one of them is also a Vocal Director for Celebrity cruises in Miami) when they have been the guest performers and were just brilliant. I'm going to watch it again tonight with DH who sticks to his earlier bedtime come what may. If you are a fan of stuff like Danny Boy, Black Velvet Band, Whiskey in the Jar etc, it might be worth a look on the BBC iPlayer. 

I've seen some excellent acts on cruise ships but they are one of the best, any suggestions for other acts you would actually pay to see? There are also quite a few they would have to pay me to watch again! Because DH always likes to sit at the front (leg room) I always feel obliged to do the whole 45 minutes 🥺

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm off to meet a friend at Bents Garden centre for coffee this morning. The challenge is not to spend too much; it's one of those 'destination' garden centres!

Edited by mrsgoggins
typo
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

In shock here today --- the sun is out and the sky is blue ........

Same weather here 8.c  and we have put the vitamin D tablets away .😉

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, kalos said:

We used to stay just outside in Hayle  up at Beachside with it's lovely beach.

That was BC ,the days before cruising .Great base for touring .🙂

I know that area well☺️

• Like 2

Another bright sunny day here today. Two days in a row!😲

Washing out on the line, instead of having to dry it indoors or use the dryer.

Going out for a meal tonight, but nothing else planned.

• Like 5

Hoping it is true, and if so will end silly speculation, that Kate was seen at a farm shop yesterday looking fit and well.

I know that this is of limited interest, but it is moderately important to those who feel she is a good person who has been doing a good job and does not deserve all the innuendos which have been going around.

Plus, a lovely sunny morning and the bluetits are flying in and out of my new birdbox which has not been used so far, for two years.  Must fill the feeders up.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, kalos said:

Same weather here 8.c  and we have put the vitamin D tablets away .😉

9°C and sunny here.

Just had my breakfast porridge.

I'm missing my Cumberland breakfast.

I hope everyone is well and we all have an enjoyable day.

IMG_20240315_084909.jpg

IMG_20240314_084734.jpg

• Like 13

Looks lovely Graham 🙂

Just toast ,tea and rice crispies this morning for us but 

will have a cooked breakfast  later this week.

Your breakfast with the beans in the pot got me thinking ? ...

Are folk on here "Tippers  or Dippers " ?? 🤔

I am a self confessed tipper as I love mopping up with a bit of toast 😋

Let the dog see the rabbit as my dad used to say 😄

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Looks lovely Graham 🙂

Tipper, I make up a toasted bacon sarnie and dip it in the egg,beans and toms.Probably not etiquette but that's why we have a 2 top,lol.

• Like 5

Just now, brian1 said:

Tipper, I make up a toasted bacon sarnie and dip it in the egg,beans and toms.Probably not etiquette but that's why we have a 2 top,lol.

You have just described breakfast heaven to me mate 😋👍

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

9°C and sunny here.

Just had my breakfast porridge.

I'm missing my Cumberland breakfast.

I hope everyone is well and we all have an enjoyable day.

IMG_20240315_084909.jpg

IMG_20240314_084734.jpg

My bet is a restaurant near Southampton. 2nd breakfast on Iona and brunch in the quays. I know you like to keep these things a secret, so I don't expect an answer for 2 weeks.🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Looks lovely Graham 🙂

I'm a leaver.😁

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Padstow for us later this year. Lucky enough to always book a hidden little place in the centre of the village just a few yards away from the harbour... nice garden, reserved car parking and views out across the estuary... and close to all the restaurants for a meal in the evening. Good also for the ferry to Rock and the chance to do a bit of bird-watching on the dunes.

DSC_4414.thumb.jpeg.edcf77601628a67d5c9d37714d3d0b8b.jpeg

_DSC7622.thumb.jpeg.30f69569c3ef9dad22252dfc5404b606.jpeg

_DSC8621.thumb.jpeg.57a2dbdaa1f19c2b2e1145e2b11cad4f.jpeg

_DSC9489.thumb.jpeg.07900cc01d3d8fdb7c03c0e650108682.jpeg

DSC_4467.thumb.jpeg.9118168561e3c0d61323fe335c67c239.jpeg

IMG_6980.thumb.jpeg.774cf475c0a723203d0071a32236fb2f.jpeg

_DSC9748.thumb.jpeg.fac92b92229bd7843f2764e51303e4e8.jpeg

In that part of Cornwall we normally stay at Watergate Bay, but drive in to Padstow.As you say, some really good restaurants.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I'm a leaver.😁

Me too - sorry, I don't like beans for breakfast - though at least if they are in a pot you don't have them all over the crisp things like the bacon, sausage, fried bread, black pudding and hash browns!

Those of us who have had buffet breakfasts on US ships will have seen some Americans piling on all the above plus croissants and fruit all on the same plate.  I think it might hark back to the 'olden days' of the pioneers, a bit like eating with just a fork so you had a free hand for your gun.  Sorry, I know that is a bit rude, but couldn't resist, and sitting opposite someone with one of these platefuls (and usually they leave a lot) is not nice.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Me too - sorry, I don't like beans for breakfast - though at least if they are in a pot you don't have them all over the crisp things like the bacon, sausage, fried bread, black pudding and hash browns!

Those of us who have had buffet breakfasts on US ships will have seen some Americans piling on all the above plus croissants and fruit all on the same plate.  I think it might hark back to the 'olden days' of the pioneers, a bit like eating with just a fork so you had a free hand for your gun.  Sorry, I know that is a bit rude, but couldn't resist, and sitting opposite someone with one of these platefuls (and usually they leave a lot) is not nice.

The moral of the story is don't nick a chip off a yanks plate,he'll shoot you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

26 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Not too much for me. I stick to happy meal breakfasts.

20230418_092417.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Padstow for us later this year. Lucky enough to always book a hidden little place in the centre of the village just a few yards away from the harbour... nice garden, reserved car parking and views out across the estuary... and close to all the restaurants for a meal in the evening. Good also for the ferry to Rock and the chance to do a bit of bird-watching on the dunes.

DSC_4414.thumb.jpeg.edcf77601628a67d5c9d37714d3d0b8b.jpeg

_DSC7622.thumb.jpeg.30f69569c3ef9dad22252dfc5404b606.jpeg

_DSC8621.thumb.jpeg.57a2dbdaa1f19c2b2e1145e2b11cad4f.jpeg

_DSC9489.thumb.jpeg.07900cc01d3d8fdb7c03c0e650108682.jpeg

DSC_4467.thumb.jpeg.9118168561e3c0d61323fe335c67c239.jpeg

IMG_6980.thumb.jpeg.774cf475c0a723203d0071a32236fb2f.jpeg

_DSC9748.thumb.jpeg.fac92b92229bd7843f2764e51303e4e8.jpeg

We are spending 5 days based at St Merryn just outside Padstow in June, it's the first time that I have been to this area and my first time to Cornwall since 1980!! Really looking forward to it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

My bet is a restaurant near Southampton. 2nd breakfast on Iona and brunch in the quays. I know you like to keep these things a secret, so I don't expect an answer for 2 weeks.🤣

We were actually staying just outside of Keswick.

IMG_20240315_091351.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10

Good Afternoon, everyone, A rare incursion from me. Cornwall must be this years goto place!. we too are off to Padstow in a few weeks time,with family, we are renting a house in the town,close to harbour, for a week. Then as we wave goodbye to Son & Dil+ grandkids, DW & i drive south to a Hotel in St Austell for a few days ( R & R)😇. then drive up into Devon for a few more nights in Sidmouth to stay at our favourite hotel, for my DW birthday. will possible post pics if anyone is interested.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Looks lovely Graham 🙂

I poured the beans on to my plate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Good Afternoon, everyone, A rare incursion from me. Cornwall must be this years goto place!. we too are off to Padstow in a few weeks time,with family, we are renting a house in the town,close to harbour, for a week. Then as we wave goodbye to Son & Dil+ grandkids, DW & i drive south to a Hotel in St Austell for a few days ( R & R)😇. then drive up into Devon for a few more nights in Sidmouth to stay at our favourite hotel, for my DW birthday. will possible post pics if anyone is interested.

Yes please. We will stop on the way to St Ives and a few days afterwards.

• Like 4

Sods law that the dishwasher packed up Friday just 6 days before we sell the house.The technico came round Saturday took it away and just came back after fitting a new wash motor.150 euro total.Quite pleased with that.UK prices would probably double that.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, July morning said:

Yes please, always like to see a photo or two 😂

I remember the pictures from last year. Very nice. It's great to see where the rich folk stay.🤣