P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, daz1107 said:

The English is actually distilled by 'The English Whiskey Distillery', they do various varieties, but I like the standard one (just Google the English whiskey and you'll find it). 

I've had Smokehead and yes, it's not bad for a cheapie. 

We have a friend who used to host Whisky Tastings and he has over a hundred bottles, from all over the world. He very kindly keeps bringing me 50cl tasters! 

If you get the chance, try an Indian whiskey; he's brought me 2 different ones and they are excellent! 

Many thanks, I’ll look out for that.

India is one of the biggest markets for whisky in the world, good fo our exports!

• Haha 1

Good afternoon.

We had some chips at the seafront then drove further along the coast and watched the Newcastle to Amsterdam DFDS cruise ferry leaving Newcastle.

IMG_20240508_163912.jpg

IMG_20240508_170913.jpg

IMG_20240508_171232.jpg

IMG_20240508_171517.jpg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Many thanks, I’ll look out for that.

India is one of the biggest markets for whisky in the world, good fo our exports!

Apparently Scottish whisky only accounts for 2% of that market, guess to 150% tariff on it has some effect.

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Apparently Scottish whisky only accounts for 2% of that market, guess to 150% tariff on it has some effect.

2% of a massif market, £278m in 2023.

• Like 1

Evening all, my weekend went downhill after Saturday. From Sunday onwards I’ve had a horrible stomach bug, goodness knows where I got that from, John is ok 🤷‍♀️ I was so looking forward to the long weekend but I’ve done nothing except sleep and read. 
Back to work today but I worked from home cos I’m still not right. Sadly couldn’t visit mum today because I didn’t want to risk passing it onto her. They had a VE Day thing there and we were hoping to catch the end of it which was a singer. Mum enjoyed it anyway. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Evening all, my weekend went downhill after Saturday. From Sunday onwards I’ve had a horrible stomach bug, goodness knows where I got that from, John is ok 🤷‍♀️ I was so looking forward to the long weekend but I’ve done nothing except sleep and read. 
Back to work today but I worked from home cos I’m still not right. Sadly couldn’t visit mum today because I didn’t want to risk passing it onto her. They had a VE Day thing there and we were hoping to catch the end of it which was a singer. Mum enjoyed it anyway. 

Hope you get over it completely soon. These bugs take time to shake.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

2% of a massif market, £278m in 2023.

I was surprised that Scotch whiskey only accounts for 2% of the market.  I am not a whiskey drinker but DH was likes the occasional glass of scotch.  When I retired he was given a bottle of Macallens at my retirement party ( The company that I worked for always gave the partner of the retiree a bottle of their preferred alcohol or bouquet depending on their sex.  He now drinks Macallens when he wants to indulge.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I hope that you soon  get rid of the bug  it was a shame that you couldn't join the VE Day celebration 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Sorry to hear this, hope you feel better soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I was surprised that Scotch whiskey only accounts for 2% of the market.  I am not a whiskey drinker but DH was likes the occasional glass of scotch.  When I retired he was given a bottle of Macallens at my retirement party ( The company that I worked for always gave the partner of the retiree a bottle of their preferred alcohol or bouquet depending on their sex.  He now drinks Macallens when he wants to indulge.

It’s 2% of all U.K. exports but 26% of U.K. food and drink. It’s one of the largest net contributors to U.K. balance of trade.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I'm sorry to hear about your stomach bug Sue.

You did the right thing by not risking passing it on to your dear mam.

Hopefully it is a short lived bug and you feel a lot better in the morning.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Thanks all, I’m really surprised how long it’s lasted, it’s knocked me for six! I fell asleep about 3 times yesterday!

They do say that sleep is the best medicine.

Wishing you well.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all. Another lovely day here.

There is a black bird bouncing around in the back garden picking up worms. The apple trees are in full bloom and look really pretty.

Have a good day all.

• Like 12

Looks like another lovely day coming up

@P&O SUE, so sorry you’ve been poorly.  I hope you wake up feeling a bit better today, and manage to shake it off completely very soon.  Look after yourself

We’ve finally found some “free” time, so once himself has finished at the museum this morning, and once the car is back from its expensive visit to the garage, we’ll head off to the caravan, for that lovely sun & sea mixture

• Like 13

Good morning everyone - yes, let's make the most of the next few days of lovely weather.  My big beautiful beech tree is the garden looked as though it was never going to come into leaf; I was afraid it might have died, and suddenly over the past three days from virtually nothing it is covered in those lovely pale green leaves, already about half full size.  I love the assortment of trees in my garden, even with not many flowers the different sizes and shapes and shades of green make a pleasing sight.

• Like 12

9 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Thanks all, I’m really surprised how long it’s lasted, it’s knocked me for six! I fell asleep about 3 times yesterday!

You poor thing Sue. It sounds horrible. Wish you better very soon. Jane xx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery from sickness and pain to all affected. 

Another warm sunny day, whisper it!  Catching the 9.50 train to London due to the fare difference.  £105.00 return on the o.20 or £47.50 on the 9.50! Goodness knows how much my old season ticket would cost now!

Hope everyone has a Beautiful Day!!!

• Like 11

Good morning.

It is overcast here and 13°C and forecast to get up to 20°C later.

A day in the garden and summer house planned.

I hope you are feeling better this morning Sue @P&O SUE as well as everyone else.

Hopefully we all have a nice day.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Morning all,

Hope you feel better this morning Sue @P&O SUE 

Bright down here, but sun's still trying to get out and a cool 13c but expected to reach the dizzy heights of 18c.

Got someone coming round to sort out our conservatory door, and I need to get in touch with BT as we are having problems with our phone line and the internet, but nothing else planned.

Enjoy your day.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Hope @P&O SUE and anyone else feeling under the weather is 

on the road to recovery .

Who ever came up with that saying ? "Under the weather" 🤔 

We would all be astronauts if we wasn't .

Sat having my 2nd cuppa admiring the grass that Mrs K cut yesterday .

The birds are loving it , possibly getting small cuttings left by the mower 

to re-line their nests .

Nice to hear them all chirping away only interrupted by the sound of the 

low battery alarm on our CO gas alarm .

Put a new battery into it now so calm is restored again .

Have a good day -Take care 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Currently 13C with hazy sunshine, due to reach 21C this afternoon, I am making the most of it catching up on outside jobs, as the forecast for next week shows a return to cool and showery weather.

Today’s line up is

- Transplanting tomato seedlings, all 20 of them, some will be given to friends and family.

- Clearing out cold frame and moving young geranium, lobelia and petunia plants into it, to prepare them for planting out later this month.

- Put up small trellis to support a clematis

- Restain small panel above garage door

Hopefully I can get it all done. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

It’s 2% of all U.K. exports but 26% of U.K. food and drink. It’s one of the largest net contributors to U.K. balance of trade.

Thanks for explaining that to me, it's never too late to learn something new.