P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Watching TV and they are discussing is it 

Okay to Smooch your pooch on the lips.

I always hugged pets but never kissed them.

Never let any of our dogs lick our faces as you never know where they have had 

their chops ,do you ?

Reminds me of a man who walked in a pub ,to see his mates dog slurping and 

cleaning away at it's private parts .

"Bye heck ,I wish I could do that "

To which the dog owner replied ..............

" Buy and feed him some crisp and he may let you " 🙃😉😄

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Morning 13.c and a bright sunny day and should stay dry for us where we are .

Looking through the papers I see some folk want Heinz to start making tins 

of Toast Toppers again . I don't think I ever got around to trying a tin when it 

was on the go .

Got me thinking back to my camping days when me and the lads would go

camping, armed with a two ring cooker and a 2 piece pan set .

Our tea more often than not would be a tin of beans ,a tin of potatoes and a 

packet of Batchelors Bean Feast. We would have a meal within ten minutes

before running off to the pub for a few beers, another product that that is no 

longer made .

Is there any food products that you used to buy that have bit the dust ?

Take care and have a nice day .

I was watching a poirot. Fish paste sandwiches. I remember the shiphams factory in Chichester. I wonder..?🤔. Yes you can still get it...Fancy some fish paste sandwiches dear.....no. I used to like toast toppers.That can be plan B.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Our conservatory is usually ok in summer.  I live in it most of the time, but at the moment it is lethal even though    it has a proper ceiling (it's 28ft). OH has banned me from it today.  Its a bit strange sitting elsewhere.

Even thee cat's up a tree. 

That's some house with a 28 ft high ceiling.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone,

Cloudy and rain here and 17c, and supposed to continue until this evening.

Busy day for me.  A trip into Truro, I also need to do a grocery shop  and  my daughter's BBQ this evening. I made a chocolate cake last night, only to get a text to say she too had a chocolate cake. So the question is do I make another of a different flavour? 

Hope everyone has a good day.

Nothing wrong with having 2 chocolate cakes.

27 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone,

Cloudy and rain here and 17c, and supposed to continue until this evening.

Busy day for me.  A trip into Truro, I also need to do a grocery shop  and  my daughter's BBQ this evening. I made a chocolate cake last night, only to get a text to say she too had a chocolate cake. So the question is do I make another of a different flavour? 

Hope everyone has a good day.

No, eat your daughter's cake and leave yours at home for you to enjoy tomorrow 😂

Morning 18C with cloud and sunny intervals,  rain this evening, so won’t need to get hose out today.

Skip delivery day, finally getting round to removing the rubbish from the back of the garage, should have done it in the spring but the incessant rain prevented us from doing it. Will take our time intend to finish by Friday, will need to use circular saw to cut up some lengths of wood. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

It is dull but no rain yet.  The dog and I went out just after 7am for a walk and since we got back he has decided that the best thing to do is to sleep.  I'm not sure whether he will be collected this evening or tomorrow, I looked at the Birmingham arrivals board for today and there are 2 flights coming from Palma, one expected at 16:14 and the other at 21:30.  He will go whenever they turn up either today or tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

It makes us wince when we see dogs licking peoples faces, as my wife says ‘it’s probably just been licking it’s bum’ 🤮

One way of getting the taste out of its mouth

• Haha 9

On 8/7/2024 at 7:20 AM, brian1 said:

Morning all,I had my annual eyetest Monday.I had the dreaded confirmation that I need cataracts sorted.She referred me and said it will be 6 weeks for pre op.Got a phone call yesterday,it's for Saturday.Great service but a bit squeamish having my eyes poked about,lol..

Hope all goes well for you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zap99 said:

That's some house with a 28 ft high ceiling.

Well spotted Zap...28ft long of course.

Help please.  Trying to book the nearest P I to Portsmouth Cruise Terminal.  They are showing three but I don't know which one is best  Thanks in advance x

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zap99 said:

I was watching a poirot. Fish paste sandwiches. I remember the shiphams factory in Chichester. I wonder..?🤔. Yes you can still get it...Fancy some fish paste sandwiches dear.....no. I used to like toast toppers.That can be plan B.

My Aunty used to get us dozens of jars of Shipams paste when we were kids as she lived in Chichester - I used to like the beef one!  I hadn't seen Heinz are bringing back toast toppers, I remember the tiny little tins it was in ........................

• Like 2

A bit dull this morning but pleasant for a walk with the dog.  I don't know what time they are planning to come round to collect him but the house is going to feel strange without him but I won't  have to get the vacuum out more than once a day. 

I have an appointment at the doctors this morning for an "over 70s health check" which I have never had before so I'm not sure what to expect.

• Like 6

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It’s a lovely sunny morning here today and forecast to reach 19 degrees.

I am picking my granddaughter up at 9.30. We are going out tonight for tea and she is sleeping over. Weather tomorrow is for rain so we will have a baking morning.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7

13 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Well spotted Zap...28ft long of course.

Help please.  Trying to book the nearest P I to Portsmouth Cruise Terminal.  They are showing three but I don't know which one is best  Thanks in advance x

I would wait until a local, like Andy can advise. At the risk of upsetting folk, there are some areas of Portsmouth that I wouldn't want to stay in. The PI city centre seems about closest.

4 hours ago, Waju said:

My Aunty used to get us dozens of jars of Shipams paste when we were kids as she lived in Chichester - I used to like the beef one!  I hadn't seen Heinz are bringing back toast toppers, I remember the tiny little tins it was in ........................

Crab paste for me. In the supermarket they have little pots of posh crab pate. About £4 a pot. Crab paste is less than a quid.

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

A bit dull this morning but pleasant for a walk with the dog.  I don't know what time they are planning to come round to collect him but the house is going to feel strange without him but I won't  have to get the vacuum out more than once a day. 

I have an appointment at the doctors this morning for an "over 70s health check" which I have never had before so I'm not sure what to expect.

Loose weight, eat more fruit and vegetables.  Don't eat processed meat and keep your meat consumption down to 4oz a week. Less of that..more of this and if you enjoy something you can jolly well knock that on the head. That saved you a trip..Oh ,and stay out of the sun.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Crab paste for me. In the supermarket they have little pots of posh crab pate. About £4 a pot. Crab paste is less than a quid.

Glad you said the supermarket and not the chemist 😉

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Waju said:

One thing I learnt as a teenager was,never ever tell your mum that you liked

Shiphams salmon spread paste. As it did not cost that much she went to the

local cash and carry and bought a tray of the stuff.

Another culinary delight back then was Heinz salad sandwich spread..

You can still get that now (but I won't) going on for £2 a jar which is mad for 

some chopped up veg in salad cream .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

One thing I learnt as a teenager was,never ever tell your mum that you liked

Shiphams salmon spread paste. As it did not cost that much she went to the

local cash and carry and bought a tray of the stuff.

Another culinary delight back then was Heinz salad sandwich spread..

You can still get that now (but I won't) going on for £2 a jar which is mad for 

some chopped up veg in salad cream .

We had the oven cleaned last week. He did it last year. Are you sure ?. It looks like it's hardly been used. Zap said...nothing🤐🤐

• Like 1
  • Haha 3